Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, does anyone get a frequent urge to urinate or other such bodily function issues?

I have most definitely experienced this in the past -- both aspects, we'll just say... :o:-X:laugh:

Hey, does anyone get a frequent urge to urinate or other such bodily function issues?

I have most definitely experienced this in the past -- both aspects, we'll just say... :o:-X:laugh:

I also experienced that during my taper

Blue :smitten:

Okie dokies, Hopefulgirl...

I did your "trick" of baking a russett potato last night, and putting it in the fridge overnight and just ate it for lunch!  I am on faith that there will be no sugar issues at all :)  As a side note, I will mention that this is benzo-withdrawal related, because during my taper I've had sugar and carb sensitivities.  I am always looking for healthy benzo-safe ways to eat foods that I enjoy; this is one of them!

Thanks for the idea; I love eating potatoes, and love how high they were in potassium and other phytonutrients, but didn't know how to get around their starchy component.  Love this idea! :thumbsup:

hey, I 'm sitting here panicking about dementia today....  I 'm only 53..Please reassure me :o

LOL.  You don't have dementia.  In my opinion. :laugh::smitten::thumbsup:

Okie dokies, Hopefulgirl...

I did your "trick" of baking a russett potato last night, and putting it in the fridge overnight and just ate it for lunch!  I am on faith that there will be no sugar issues at all :)  As a side note, I will mention that this is benzo-withdrawal related, because during my taper I've had sugar and carb sensitivities.  I am always looking for healthy benzo-safe ways to eat foods that I enjoy; this is one of them!

Thanks for the idea; I love eating potatoes, and love how high they were in potassium and other phytonutrients, but didn't know how to get around their starchy component.  Love this idea! :thumbsup:

Yay! I love that I can enjoy them this way too! Hope it was yummy!

hey, I 'm sitting here panicking about dementia today....  I 'm only 53..Please reassure me :o

Jerryk,

Hi There. I worried about so many different things during my taper. I actually own a business that among other things provides and Alzheimer's Prevention Program for adults and also works to reverse cognitive decline in seniors as well as those with brain injuries. It would be highly unlikely that you would have dementia at 53. Benzos can do a number on our cognitive skills but it is reversible. Are you panicking about something in particular or for a specific reason?

Hang in there!

Hopeful Girl

No, I am just hyper aroused and not in a good way.    I spend too much time on the Internet researching symptoms....  why do I upset myself like this??

what is dementia?

I have a hard time remembering things and its crazy... I can feed the horses , 1,2,3,4 in a row, as Ive always done, and when I get to 4, I cant remember if I just feed 1, 2 &3.....I know I did, or I wouldnt be at the 4th stall, but I cant remember doing it......I think Im just so concentrated on getting it done, or something else, that I dont pay attention as I do it... like if you ever drove home and realized you dont remember the trip??.. Its a weird feeling...I do that alot this year...

Im sure its just a drug thing..

what is dementia?

I have a hard time remembering things and its crazy... I can feed the horses , 1,2,3,4 in a row, as Ive always done, and when I get to 4, I cant remember if I just feed 1, 2 &3.....I know I did, or I wouldnt be at the 4th stall, but I cant remember doing it......I think Im just so concentrated on getting it done, or something else, that I dont pay attention as I do it... like if you ever drove home and realized you dont remember the trip??.. Its a weird feeling...I do that alot this year...

Im sure its just a drug thing..

I went through memory problems like that too Benzy. I could not remember if I had just brushed my teeth, or was thinking real hard about it. I am not kidding!! It was that bad. :tickedoff:

yes I do all that and more.... its a weird feeling, cause you know you must have done it, but you truly cant remember...even with toothpaste dripping from your lips....

and WHERE have you been Missy? :police:

Jerryk; There were many times I wondered if I was suffering from advanced memory loss. It was the Xanax. Post jump I now have days where I'm absolutely razor sharp. Not everyday, but overall My memory is very much improved. You'll be fine.

Personally, I found that spending too much time reading the withdrawal horror stories was toxic, but it was hard to stop reading. Eventually I did stop and I'm glad I did. Read until you have enough information and quit. You'll probably know when or if you're having symptoms and when in doubt, ask the pros here.

I spent the bulk of my time on this forum, (actually the old non-public forum that's been locked), with kind people who understood what I was gong through and didn't judge me. I credit the BB board in general and the Xanax forum in particular with helping me find the strength to begin my taper and giving me the support I needed to successfully complete my taper and jump.

If there's one single thing I hope you'll grasp and takeaway it's that each one of us is different in how we react to outside stimuli during our taper, jump, and recovery. A number of people are sensitive to sugar, caffeine, and carbs. Ha! Each one of those is a food group for me and I never had any adverse problems with their consumption during my taper or post jump. I listened to others and I stayed away from alcohol and my last drink was about ten days into my taper. I'm not a big drinker so I haven't missed it... Much. I know some people have a drink or two now and then with no ill effects. You may tolerate alcohol well or you may not. We're all different.

Without question, my biggest healing has come after jumping. For me, Xanax addiction was like having an infection. You can't heal until you completely rid your body of an infection. In this case, my body was infected with Xanax, and while I did feel better as I cut, jumping made a huge difference. I know there's a slow taper mantra here and while I agree in principal with it's benefits, I don't know that there's a real benefit with utilizing a prolonged, super slow withdrawal. I know myself and I'm too impatient to use a long, drawn out taper. I made a decision and went for it.

Whatever you decide, remain strong, positive, and committed. If I can do this, anyone can!

yes I do all that and more.... its a weird feeling, cause you know you must have done it, but you truly cant remember...even with toothpaste dripping from your lips....

Did you miss me? :smitten: Thank you Benzy. I needed to know someone missed me tonight. I am feeling a bit down. The words in my head are saying "stupid and ugly girl". Not much fun! I do not recommend being so unkind to one's self as I am sometimes. I would never treat anyone as badly as I do myself. Okay...it is time for me to get off the pity pot and find something positive to think about. But what?

Blue

Did you miss me? :smitten: Thank you Benzy. I needed to know someone missed me tonight. I am feeling a bit down. The words in my head are saying "stupid and ugly girl". Not much fun! I do not recommend being so unkind to one's self as I am sometimes. I would never treat anyone as badly as I do myself. Okay...it is time for me to get off the pity pot and find something positive to think about. But what?

Blue

Aw, Blue… sorry you're feeling blue as well… all the normals have their days as well.

Challis  :smitten:

Sorry, I am complaining tonight. :P No window for me right now. Oh well. I can ride this out.But I would rather be riding a gentle, well behaved horse in the moonlight. than this crap.

Healing is definitely not linear. :-[

Blue

Aw, Blue… sorry you're feeling blue as well… all the normals have their days as well.

Challis  :smitten:

Thank you my dear friend. I hope you are feeling well tonight :smitten:

Sorry, I am complaining tonight. :P No window for me right now. Oh well. I can ride this out.But I would rather be riding a gentle, well behaved horse in the moonlight. than this crap.

Healing is definitely not linear. :-[

...I'd rather be riding my husband... :o8):-*:laugh::angel:

(Whoa, I cannot believe I just posted that!...that's about as wild a post as I'll ever get!! My apologies if it offended or grossed anyone out...I was just being goofy :) )

Blue

Hi Blue,

I am sorry that your feeling so down. I can relate!  I don't understand how I am capable of being so unkind to myself; however, I am and sometimes it shocks me. 

Lots of Buddies always tell us to think positive and try and put a positive spin on everything, and I totally get what your saying...We know we should try and keep a good attitude; however, at times...lots of times it is hard to do.  The brain is sooooooo very powerful.

I really like something Benzy posted not to long ago.  You brain may be saying Ugly...Stupid Girl...resist (DON"T LISTEN TO YOURSELF) Talk to yourself, post notes on your mirror or where ever your going to see them (AFFIRMATIONS)!

Or, when your feeling down and sad...post or PM me or anyone of us.  Let's talk and talk your way through to the other side.  This is by far the scariest thing most of us are working our way through!

And, last but not least....It's okay to have a PITY PARTY! :thumbsup:

Feel better Bluebell and remember your AWESOME, UNIQUE, and BEAUTIFUL!

FB

P.S. Here's a HUGE BUNCH of HUGS just for your  :hug::therethere::hug:

Oh Blue, bye the way...I can't remember crap!

I take care of both of my parent's and I run this house like a fine tuned engine.  I have to.  I'm dealing with having to medicate them with powerful drugs multiple times per day.

I'm a perfectionist, and let me just say "BOY" have I changed.  I'm in auto pilot.  This dang drug (BENZO) has changed me and how I function throughout my days. 

But, apparently were healing and it will only get better :thumbsup:  That's something to look forward to.

FB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [be...]
    • [...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [la...]
    • [On...]
    • [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Da...]
    • [li...]