Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

"I'll take a window for 500, Alex..."

:laugh: :laugh: :D

(Sometimes if you don't laugh, you'll cry...)

Hope y'all are feeling better and better!! I am working on it today; we are all healing!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

That the quote fo the day??

Seriously?! That's all you could come up with?!

OMG how original!!!!!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK :tickedoff:

If nsaids enhance the gaba antagonist, exactly what does that mean?  I tried to find it in the Ashton Manual but couldn't find it.  :idiot:

Mama

That the quote fo the day??

Seriously?! That's all you could come up with?!

OMG how original!!!!!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK :tickedoff:

My apologies, but no substitutions, exchanges, or refunds...

;D:laugh:

If nsaids enhance the gaba antagonist, exactly what does that mean?  I tried to find it in the Ashton Manual but couldn't find it.  :idiot:

Mama

Mama,

A "gaba antagonist" is anything that inhibit the action of GABA. So, if something is enhancing to gaba antagonists, than another way of saying this would be that it is enhancing the inhibition of the action of GABA. Kinda considered a no-no for us GABA-upregulators-in-progress ;)

The decision is yours of course on what you take :) Hope that helps explain things better!!

Mama

Hi Mama,

I don't have any in depth knowledge about this specific to benzos and nsaids...I take nsaids and don't have any problems at all. I have a lot of issues around menstrual migraines and take alleve 3 times per day for 5 days every month. I also use it occasionally when the body pain from w/d really bothers me with no problem. Anyway, an agonist is a substance that fully activates the neuronal receptor that it attaches to so a benzo is a gaba agonist. An antagonist attaches to a receptor but does not activate it or it can displace an agonist thereby reversing the effect of the agonist (from wikipedia). So, my thought is that if an nsaid is a gaba antagonist it can possibly displace gaba from the gaba receptor or it can displace a benzo if you are still taking one. This is me playing scientist so if I am wrong someone correct me but this seems to make sense to me. I haven't looked into it much because it hasn't been an issue for me.  :)

Hope that helps!

Hopeful Girl

well, I woke up this morning, felt kinda weird, before i could sit up I was having either a anxiety attack or tachycardia or both, the tach pisses me off as its one arrhythmia I DIDNT have.... hands shaking really bad, took my metorolol and it stopped still felt weird so walked the dogs and went back to bed, just got up, still feel off...

I dunno what that was about...not sure if its a withdrawal or not...

Sorry you feel icky Benzy...the unpredictability of this process is so difficult. Bet it's just the withdrawal rearing its head. I had a couple of days I felt about 50%...today back to full withdrawal. Ouch.

Sending support to all,

Carita

well, I woke up this morning, felt kinda weird, before i could sit up I was having either a anxiety attack or tachycardia or both, the tach pisses me off as its one arrhythmia I DIDNT have.... hands shaking really bad, took my metorolol and it stopped still felt weird so walked the dogs and went back to bed, just got up, still feel off...

This is what I had been experiencing in the past few weeks; it is withdrawal (IMO), so nothing to worry about.

Note that if you've been holding for a while, it could be that you've slipped back into tolerance.  I usually "hit the tolerance wall" so to speak after holding for more than 2-2.5 weeks or so.  Not sure what your "mojo" is, but it could be that, too.

It'll pass, Benzy :)  No worries :)

I was having this very symptom yesterday evening......

Ya but I ain't ever had it this whole time :-\

Makes no sense at .0625(and I even forget my dose sometimes and I'm fine)

I'm not sure it was withdrawal induced, but it sucks regardless..

Wassup today jerryk?

Ya but I ain't ever had it this whole time :-\

Makes no sense at .0625(and I even forget my dose sometimes and I'm fine)

I'm not sure it was withdrawal induced, but it sucks regardless..

Benzy, I'm at 0.06mg now per day.  This symptom showed up for me at the tail end of my recent cut to 0.06mg.  NEVER had anything like it before.

Also, healing isn't linear, bro...you know that.  Some people have a few issues with low doses, while others don't.  I certainly did NOT forsee any issues with low doses, because I've done nothing but heal for my entire taper.

I know some people are quick to blame withdrawal sometimes, of course...but remember that you're not actually off yet, either, you know?  And it can take 6-12 months (or longer) to feel 100% again.  Always get things checked out by your doctor, of course.  But if/when everything checks out normal, no worries...it's the benzo baby throwin' a fit!! :laugh::D:thumbsup:

Mrs, you have such a great attitude about this. . .I don't know how you manage to have a sense of humor going through this. 

Benzy too, you both have such great senses of humor, it's amazing to me!

I was just gonna say, sometimes you'll either choose to laugh, or you'd cry... ;)

Today was a medium day.

Kinda switched gears lately into "survival" mode vs living life, just to get through this last dip in symptoms. And trying to find the balance of living life and surviving these past few weeks, as symptoms have been unexpected and have even been debilitating a couple times these past few weeks. Just taking things a day at a time, you know? Thus far, each day has been an unexpected surprise in how I'm feeling, with the ebbs and flows of this past cut's symptoms.

I remain hopeful and solid on the FACT that I am healing, even in the face of lacking the emotional feelings of hope and faith to back it up. It is a truth that I have accepted for myself, that I will heal 100%, and not only that, but come out of this better and healthier than I ever have been in my entire life, to date. I am patient and willing to see this through to completion, and an grateful for all that I've learned thus far, and will learn in the remainder of this benzo journey.

How is everyone else doing today? I am hoping its been a window of a day for all of you :) Love you lots :) Say hi when you get the chance!

LOT'S OF ANXIETY TONIGHT.  BEEN ROCKING IN MY CHAIR SINCE 8:30p.m.

Nothing more to say about that...except it sucks.  Oh yea, I think I'm supposed to say something positive...ok, well, this morning wasn't so bad.

FB

Hi all,

Thanks for the cats post! It really made me lol, we are actually thinking about getting a cat, not too sure now haha

Love and windows to all :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ca...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ha...]
    • [...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [je...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Sh...]