Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the lovely wishes Baby, FB, Challis, True South, Human and Mama. You are so thoughtful.

I'm almost superstitious about saying I feel bits better....we've all had the window slam and have been left shaking in our boots.

Love to you,

Carita

jelly legs....

Do you get this?  I'm used to being strong and confident.

JerryK, I know many who have felt this, especially our dear Mama2 on this thread. I'm sure she'll be by to say hi soon :)

Awwwwwwwww....

Love me some Babyrex, Flutterbyee, and Rabbit11!!! :smitten:

(And everyone else on here too, of course!! Tapering would be ROUGH without y'all!!!)

Thank you for the lovely wishes Baby, FB, Challis, True South, Human and Mama. You are so thoughtful.

I'm almost superstitious about saying I feel bits better....we've all had the window slam and have been left shaking in our boots.

Love to you,

Carita

I know what you mean.  I'm getting a 50 percenter right now, but I know I will get slammed tomorrow.  When in a window, do you have the feeling it just simmers below the surface?  I know the wave is begging to attack again and it's so disheartening.  Oh well,  I'll take this little bit of relief with gratitude. 

:smitten:

jelly legs....

JerryK, I know many who have felt this, especially our dear Mama2 on this thread. I'm sure she'll be by to say hi soon :)

Hey, I told Mama about compression stockings for the jelly legs, and she told me they were working out pretty good for her. Not 100%, but they are helping a lot. So, there is a tip for anyone experiencing this. I had it really bad after my Xanax c/t.

Nana  :smitten:

Love to you,

Carita

I know what you mean.  I'm getting a 50 percenter right now, but I know I will get slammed tomorrow.  When in a window, do you have the feeling it just simmers below the surface?  I know the wave is begging to attack again and it's so disheartening.  Oh well,  I'll take this little bit of relief with gratitude. 

Baby, yes...it can feel like the wave is in the background. At the same time I have this hope I have stepped to my next level of healing and won't feel that crappy ever again. I think you are right in taking the relief as it comes...soak it in, because who knows what tomorrow brings?  I hope to be able to slip back into a wave with more grace after awhile. Now I want to throw a tantrum every time it happens!

So happy you are getting a glimpse of wellness!! You deserve it friend!

Love,

Carita

Mrs is an amazingly positive influence in this thread!  When I am too sick to reply, she encourages me with gentle uplifting messages.  You go girl!

How are you doing Baby?

Are you feeling any better?

I am surrounded by negativity all day due to the fact that I am taking care of my parent's who are both sick.  BB has been a GOD send for me.  I am amazed at everyone's kindness and their willingness to encourage, respond, and never fell to lift me up when I need it.

I have had much support and developed friendships on this site; however, Mrs has gone above and beyond to help me calculate in order to get off of this poison.  She is one of the most positive individuals I have ever come in contact with.

I need to be surrounded by people like her.  It's just plain good for your soul.

My heart is full, and I am grateful for everyone I have met here on BB.

Hugs, :hug:

FB

Baby, you put it so WELL -- feeling good, but feel the verge of feeling bad...blech.

I PRAY things never get so bad as they've dipped the past couple weeks here, but if they do, we'll make it through. Its incredibly painful no doubt, but we'll do it because there's no other option. Life is on the other side!...

Going to beddy-bye; nighty night! Sleep well :)

Hi Eveyone....thinking about this process today and amazed at how strong and resilient we are in the face of adversity. This has been the most difficult two years of my long life.

Today marks 7 months off Xanax and my 59 th birthday. I am sitting in my favorite place in the world...a little town on the Oregon coast...drinking tea and watching a rain storm. I wonder what this new year will bring?

I see signs of healing...inklings of creativity, desire, appetite and better sleep. I've put on the pounds I lost and I am walking more with less pain. I laughed out loud watching a favorite movie( Birdcage) last night. I am beginning to like the feeling of yoga and deep stretching again as my tendons and muscles loose their hyper tension. I see changes...real ones and I am eager for more.

This is today...who knows what tomorrow ( or this afternoon) will bring. But right now, this minute I am hopeful.

I have great compassion for all of us in this situation. It is unbelievable. Knowing you understand has seen me through some very dark days. Thank you....I see you all as life lines....near and far. I am grateful.

My love and support to you all. We are healing one cell at a time. One day we will celebrate full wellness.

Carita

Hi Sweet, Carita. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I celebrate you today and the beautiful life you share with us! The world is a better place with you in it. I can't wait to celebrate all the healing you are going to experience this year!

Love,

Hopeful Girl  :smitten:

Baby, you put it so WELL -- feeling good, but feel the verge of feeling bad...blech.

I PRAY things never get so bad as they've dipped the past couple weeks here, but if they do, we'll make it through. Its incredibly painful no doubt, but we'll do it because there's no other option. Life is on the other side!...

Going to beddy-bye; nighty night! Sleep well :)

Hi all-I have the same thing. It is always lurking. But I know it will all go away for all of us!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hi! I'm new still. I can't find the blog for support before you start tapering. I may be losing it. I swear there was one on here.  :idiot:  I have to get off Suboxone before I begin my Xanax taper. I don't warm to post on the wrong blog & cause any problems. I have some questions but am not sure where to post. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Benzy!! I've been doing a lot of reading on here & a few of your comments have me lol. Which is hard to do lately. I am so happy to have found this site. Now I've just gotta get off this Suboxone to start my Xanax taper. The end result will make it all worthwhile!! Happy New Year everyone!!

I dunno what thread you were looking for, for the pre-taper...

theres some for taper plans and such, but as far as I know you can do all your questions and support right here, or theres another xanax support thread as well, I dunno why theres 2, one for the uptightys and one for us I guess.... ;)

the same group also has a very relaxed chat thread on "off topix" or whatever its called, for people tapering xanax....lots of support there as well, but fun....

I like this thread because it's not up tight. I think I have found a new home. My Suboxone dr, this is the 5th one I've had, says he'll help me get off but keeps "forgetting" to change my dosage. I was taking the 8mg-2mg sublingual films, 1 at night. Then I'm to cut in 1/2 for 2 weeks, and so on.  But I got a terrible stomach bug and though it might be withdrawal so I went back up. Tonight was the 1st 1/2 film. My insurance co won't pay for the strips now (new year) so it's gonna be tricky to taper. Do u know much about Suboxone?

no, have you surfed the "other medications" threads?

sometimes you see threads on the withdrawal section about different drugs as well...

you could start your own in either section to get some attention, though if its in the wrong section the mods will move it, but atleast a large majority will see it first...

surely others here have taken it...

I think I'm just gonna get through it fine. The rapid detox for Suboxone is about $8,000 out of my price range. I'll look through the other medications board. Thank u!  :thumbsup:

jelly legs....

Hey, I told Mama about compression stockings for the jelly legs, and she told me they were working out pretty good for her. Not 100%, but they are helping a lot. So, there is a tip for anyone experiencing this. I had it really bad after my Xanax c/t.

Nana  :smitten:

The compression stockings are a miracle for me.  Like Denise said, they are not 100%, but it is so painful for me to stand/walk without them.  They come in different strengths.  I get the moderate, 18 mm/HG Compression. Don't get the knee highs, that will not help.  The white ones that they use on post op patients in the hospital can be found at most drug stores. They are just a bear to put on, but well worth the struggle.

Mama  :smitten:

Mrs is an amazingly positive influence in this thread!  When I am too sick to reply, she encourages me with gentle uplifting messages.  You go girl!

How are you doing Baby?

Are you feeling any better?

I am surrounded by negativity all day due to the fact that I am taking care of my parent's who are both sick.  BB has been a GOD send for me.  I am amazed at everyone's kindness and their willingness to encourage, respond, and never fell to lift me up when I need it.

I have had much support and developed friendships on this site; however, Mrs has gone above and beyond to help me calculate in order to get off of this poison.  She is one of the most positive individuals I have ever come in contact with.

I need to be surrounded by people like her.  It's just plain good for your soul.

My heart is full, and I am grateful for everyone I have met here on BB.

Hugs, :hug:

FB

Hi FB,

I had a 50% window last night but it is over.  Not feeling so great so I will reply later.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Re...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ha...]
    • [...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [je...]
    • [Mt...]