Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:who said anything about 2 :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you know Paxil had backfired on you?

I havent had much trouble with my taper, I think maybe because I tapered Paxil, after it backfired on me after 10 plus years of use, and I did it by myself, totally ignorant about how to do it, I thought I was really gonna die, so did everyone that knew me... I just knew it had backfired and I had to get off of it...

I remember standing in the middle of the house, not knowing which way to go, crying and screaming "I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND!!".....it was super scary,,, but I was cutting too fast, plus I guess the anti depressants through a different wrench in the motor...so I know how it feels....

I just went slow and easy with tapering the X and so far its been way easier than the Paxil....

and I dont guess Ive suffered much, because I suffered so bad with the P...because of ignorance..

just stick with a plan, slow and steady.... not too slow though.. try to stick within the bounds of the Ashton taper, or other solid taper plans.....its all you can do, plus learn and USE coping skills..

by the by,,, how many times today have you done your coping skills??? HMMMMMMMmm???

meditation? body scan? etc???

I started feeling really uncomfortable in general,,

but the biggest clue was when I started trying to kill people, especially the one that workd in the police department.... that was a big clue something was wrong cause I aint STUPID, normally I woulda waited til they were off work...

Im being 90% serious...

I went to the court house and tried to pull this person out on the lawn at 7 in the morning after having insomnia for about 4 days... and whoop their a$$...

thats not how I behave, if we cant talk it out, I avoid ya... so, I started thinking SOMETHING  might be wrong....

General Xanax tapering question??

I'm taking 5 doses spaced four hours apart.    I've cut all of the doses down to .37' with the exception of the night/bedtime dose.  Do I chip away at it next so that all five doses are .37?  I'm not going to cut again for a week or two.

.37 6:00

.37 10:00

.37 2:00

.5 bedtime 10:00

Sounds like perhaps a bit of Paxil induced mania....

Im being 90% serious...

I went to the court house and tried to pull this person out on the lawn at 7 in the morning after having insomnia for about 4 days... and whoop their a$$...

thats not how I behave, if we cant talk it out, I avoid ya... so, I started thinking SOMETHING  might be wrong....

General Xanax tapering question??

I'm taking 5 doses spaced four hours apart.    I've cut all of the doses down to .37' with the exception of the night/bedtime dose.  Do I chip away at it next so that all five doses are .37?  I'm not going to cut again for a week or two.

.37 10:00

.37 2:00

.5 bedtime 10:00

Jerry, I dose four times per day and I try to keep my doses even-steven :)  So I'd say, ya, hit the bedtime one unless you've used Xanax for insomnia.  then it might be best to leave that one slightly bigger :thumbsup:

Im not sure, I dont know about tapering multiple doses..

I think Ive seen them say yes, thats how to progress with it though,, then start over again for the next taper round.... I think they keep the night time dose the last to cut so it helps with sleep... if possible..

someone else will give the expert advice though, right now Im just typing because I love to listen to myself talk...

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:who said anything about 2 :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

You did!! "WE" indicates more than one!!  :P

Nana  :smitten:

Hi Eveyone....thinking about this process today and amazed at how strong and resilient we are in the face of adversity. This has been the most difficult two years of my long life.

Today marks 7 months off Xanax and my 59 th birthday. I am sitting in my favorite place in the world...a little town on the Oregon coast...drinking tea and watching a rain storm. I wonder what this new year will bring?

I see signs of healing...inklings of creativity, desire, appetite and better sleep. I've put on the pounds I lost and I am walking more with less pain. I laughed out loud watching a favorite movie( Birdcage) last night. I am beginning to like the feeling of yoga and deep stretching again as my tendons and muscles loose their hyper tension. I see changes...real ones and I am eager for more.

This is today...who knows what tomorrow ( or this afternoon) will bring. But right now, this minute I am hopeful.

I have great compassion for all of us in this situation. It is unbelievable. Knowing you understand has seen me through some very dark days. Thank you....I see you all as life lines....near and far. I am grateful.

My love and support to you all. We are healing one cell at a time. One day we will celebrate full wellness.

Carita

I kinda guessed you were messing with me.  what is interesting is that every day is different.

I have different symptoms.  One day I might feel agitated.  The next I might feel depressed...the next I might feel like I'm going crazy....the next I might have a bit of elevated heart rate.  It is constantly changing....

"Thousands of people could not possibly invent the bizarre symptoms caused by therapeutic use of benzodiazepines and reactions to their withdrawal. Many users have to cope, not only with a frightening range of symptoms, but also with the disbelief and hostility of their doctors and families. It is not uncommon for patients to be "struck off" if they continue to complain about withdrawal symptoms. Even when doctors are concerned and understanding about the problem, they often have little knowledge of withdrawal procedure, even less about treatment. The drugs newsletter on benzodiazepines issued in this region will help them. Is anything being done elsewhere?" - Trickett S. Withdrawal from Benzodiazepines. Journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners 1983; 33: 608.

I got that from this page, which has tons of great info: http://www.benzo.org.uk/kwotez.htm

Hi Eveyone....thinking about this process today and amazed at how strong and resilient we are in the face of adversity. This has been the most difficult two years of my long life.

Today marks 7 months off Xanax and my 59 th birthday. I am sitting in my favorite place in the world...a little town on the Oregon coast...drinking tea and watching a rain storm. I wonder what this new year will bring?

I see signs of healing...inklings of creativity, desire, appetite and better sleep. I've put on the pounds I lost and I am walking more with less pain. I laughed out loud watching a favorite movie( Birdcage) last night. I am beginning to like the feeling of yoga and deep stretching again as my tendons and muscles loose their hyper tension. I see changes...real ones and I am eager for more.

This is today...who knows what tomorrow ( or this afternoon) will bring. But right now, this minute I am hopeful.

I have great compassion for all of us in this situation. It is unbelievable. Knowing you understand has seen me through some very dark days. Thank you....I see you all as life lines....near and far. I am grateful.

My love and support to you all. We are healing one cell at a time. One day we will celebrate full wellness.

Carita

7 months free!  Way to be, Carita!  Oh, how I look forward to that day SOON!!! :)

Love having you around, also, friend :)

Carita

Hi Carita,

Good for you!  It sounds like you are doing some real healing, how wonderful.  Thank you for posting about your improvements, it gives everyone hope for the future.

Hugs,  Rabbit

Im being 90% serious...

Effexor withdrawal made me certifiably insane some years back. I did some genuinely nutty things. It's a whole different animal than benzo w/d.

I'll be so proud of myself when I can say I've learned my lessons the hard way and I'm off psychtropic drugs forever!

Carita

Very beautiful, Carita. Your warmth and compassion just jump right off the screen.  :smitten:

Does it get any easier guys??    I'm looking at perhaps a 6-9 months taper and then an unknown recovery time.  Am I going to suffer for the next couple years to be free of Xanax?  Someone please

tell me as you go lower you feel better!!!

i just calculated if I taper at my current rate of .0625 every two weeks, it will take me until 4/15.

this is seriously distressing to me.

Will I. be miserable this entire time??  I don't see how anyone can do this...

I need to make this my motto:

Have you realized that most of your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you

are listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself?

Ya know Benzy,

I just re-read this, and I had a light bulb moment.  It makes sense now.  This is something I have needed to work on for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!  I have been miserable for so long, it has become my norm.

I guess instead of continuing to listen to the voice in my head telling me daily how angry/miserable/bitter/& unhappy I am...I need to start with lots of self talk!

Thanks for sharing!

FB

just kiddin!!

thats probably THE most common withdrawal side effect there is... along with anxiety and heart palps... :thumbsup:

What about Shortness of Breath?

FB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mo...]
    • [ge...]
    • [...]
    • [Av...]
    • [am...]
    • [He...]
    • [Cl...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Bi...]