Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

I need to make this my motto:

Have you realized that most of your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you

are listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking . 4375 at night Benzy. And i dont know when is normal benzo w/d or if i am having interdoses symptoms  :o

I will take tonight the magnesium and melatonin lets see if it helps, i think i will take your advise guys and dont split the dose, lets see ;)

I think interdose withdrawals is when you just get lots of anxious withdrawals before your next dose, just like it sounds I had  bit of that...its rather obvious.....I guess if its all day long, its just withdrawals period...

ok so right before your dose?

that kinda is interdose though true interdose is constant I think, but same thing anyway..

I warded mine off by taking my metoprolol a little earlier, before it happens, that helped me get around it..

maybe a dose of magnesium a  hour or so before would help, or something like that,,, meditation? avoiding stress, TV news, etc...

Does magnesium actually make a difference?  any specific type or brand.

ok so right before your dose?

that kinda is interdose though true interdose is constant I think, but same thing anyway..

I warded mine off by taking my metoprolol a little earlier, before it happens, that helped me get around it..

maybe a dose of magnesium a  hour or so before would help, or something like that,,, meditation? avoiding stress, TV news, etc...

Magnesium glycinate seems to have a pretty big impact for many of us. Doctor's Best 100% Chelated Magnesium Glycinate is a very popular brand. Its the one I use. It eliminated 50-80% of my anxiety all the way throughout my taper, as well as bring my heart rate down 10-20bpm within 45 min of taking it. Its one of those things that I'm absolutely vehement about never running out of, LOL :P

Magnesium helps a little with everything, so ya its worth checking out especially for m uscle stuff, and that includes the heart....works as a relaxant for the muscles

...many drugs deplete mag in the body too, and the test for mag levels are poor..ya cant OD on it, so eat some, start low dose and work up until it causes a little stomach problem, then back off to the previous dose... I take up to 2000mgs a day sometimes, but thats kinda trick, it will put you in burrito mode....most take 200-600 mgs a day,,, take as much as you can without messing up your stomach......

Does magnesium actually make a difference?  any specific type or brand.

I take the same Magnesium Glycinate and it does help me also.  I have tried different ones that did not do anything for me, this one is the best for me.  It helps with the anxiety and also sleep much sounder.

they say theyre all the same, but people say different ones work better, so I guess you gotta try them all,,, mines the magnesium Oxide, softgels

In the back of my mind is this generalized fear that I'm going crazy....

Is this a normal reaction to cutting back Xanax?

once again. humor me oh wise ones...

I kinda guessed you were messing with me.  what is interesting is that every day is different.

I have different symptoms.  One day I might feel agitated.  The next I might feel depressed...the next I might feel like I'm going crazy....the next I might have a bit of elevated heart rate.  It is constantly changing....

Lol, Benzy's such a kidder!!

There's that fear...then there's the fear of a horrid sickness...the fear of dying...the fear of tying your shoes...the fear of your cute fuzzy pink bunny slippers... :laugh: :laugh:

All irrational, and all normal!! Welcome to the Xanax Club, my friend :) Wait til you have your first "fuzzy pink bunny slippers" type of fear...it'll make you giggle till the cows come home!! :P

ya, thats cause your nervous systems been surpressed with a constant dose of drugs, and now its erratic because it thinks your dose is erratic, so its going back and forth all over the place....

my withdrawal symptoms seem to be on a scheduele, in other words each time I cut I could expect the same routine,,, but the withdrawals would change here and there through the months too...

everything thats involved are influenced by your nervvous system will give ya SOME kind of problem...

I am having all these symptoms except the fear of bunny slippers.....

:o:D

Lol, Benzy's such a kidder!!

There's that fear...then there's the fear of a horrid sickness...the fear of dying...the fear of tying your shoes...the fear of your cute fuzzy pink bunny slippers... :laugh: :laugh:

All irrational, and all normal!! Welcome to the Xanax Club, my friend :) Wait til you have your first "fuzzy pink bunny slippers" type of fear...it'll make you giggle till the cows come home!! :P

I havent had much trouble with my taper, I think maybe because I tapered Paxil, after it backfired on me after 10 plus years of use, and I did it by myself, totally ignorant about how to do it, I thought I was really gonna die, so did everyone that knew me... I just knew it had backfired and I had to get off of it...

I remember standing in the middle of the house, not knowing which way to go, crying and screaming "I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND I DONT WANNA LOSE MY MIND!!".....it was super scary,,, but I was cutting too fast, plus I guess the anti depressants through a different wrench in the motor...so I know how it feels....

I just went slow and easy with tapering the X and so far its been way easier than the Paxil....

and I dont guess Ive suffered much, because I suffered so bad with the P...because of ignorance..

just stick with a plan, slow and steady.... not too slow though.. try to stick within the bounds of the Ashton taper, or other solid taper plans.....its all you can do, plus learn and USE coping skills..

by the by,,, how many times today have you done your coping skills??? HMMMMMMMmm???

meditation? body scan? etc???

if I took the test Im sure Id pass it with flying colors, as in, theyd say I have it..

I passed the one online for bipolar and skitzaphrenia the other night with flying colors...

Hello! we're Benzy and we're glad to meet ya!!! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [ge...]
    • [Ha...]
    • [...]
    • [Av...]
    • [am...]
    • [He...]
    • [Cl...]