Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

JerryK,,, think about it,,,, how were you before benzo use?

how are you now......

ANYTHING you feel now is going to be a "normal" withdrawal side effect.....

it does feel better to be able to ask others if theyve experienced it, and of course they have..

but think about that,, for when you get off by yourself and cant contact us here for whatever reason...

if you were "fairly normal person" pre-benzo...then whatever you might feel when tapering you can bet is ust another normal side effect......

I dont think Ive ever seen anyone (thread) on here yet that many others havent experienced...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

ps. so if and when something hits ya when youre off by yourself, ya just gotta breathe through it. ITS GREAT FUN!!!!

breath deep long and slow....it passes....eventually.....

I. was fine on a very low dose of lexapro and lamictal for ten years.  Thanks for your kind comments.

As you know, when you get hit with something...it consumes your thoughts..you think it's only you...

yes and you think you're gonna pass out puk, crap and piss your pants, have a heart attack, lose your mind and never come back, etc... especially in front of  people... so far all Ive done is crap my pants in public so no worries...and I think that was the burrito I had earlier....

my weirdest one was if I had to explain anything to someone in detail, at one point...

I had it straight in my brain, but my brain wouldnt cooperate with my mouth, it came out like pig latin....plus anxiety for not being able to talk straight.....that lasted several months..

yes and you think you're gonna pass out puk, crap and piss your pants, have a heart attack, lose your mind and never come back, etc... especially in front of  people... so far all Ive done is crap my pants in public so no worries...and I think that was the burrito I had earlier....

You are making me laugh, because I've already had some of these..... :laugh:

its damn if ya do, damn if ya dont.... I get ansty in front of people, cause I feel embarrassed if I have a problem, and I get antsy by myself, cause Im by myself..  :sick:

just remember, its side effects,, and 99 % of it would be normal....breaaaaaaaaaaaaathe

Ive been thinking, after I jump, Ill rest a week or two, reinstate and start over again, cause I can hardly stand my damn self right now.. I need a f'n nerve pill...

OMgosh Benzy,

Thank you for making me laugh....I needed that.  I love your humor!

FluterButt :angel:

its damn if ya do, damn if ya dont.... I get ansty in front of people, cause I feel embarrassed if I have a problem, and I get antsy by myself, cause Im by myself..  :sick:

just remember, its side effects,, and 99 % of it would be normal....breaaaaaaaaaaaaathe

interesting paradox.  afraid of people, afraid to be alone....

I have this too....

Hey,

This is for anyone.

I took my 5p.m. dose and with in an hour I was feeling dizzy and my gait was off.

It doesn't usually affect me like this.  I was taking down my Christmas decorations.  I didn't let the feelings stop me; however, it was dang annoying.

I don't really know how to describe the feeling in my head...ANYBODY?

FB

Fluterbutt, when I first started tapering, it got to where when I dosed I could really feel the drug for some reason..I only dosed at night and was already in bed, so I rather enjoyed it...

maybe thats what youre feeling...

if you werent so concerned with "feeling" withdrawal side effects, I wonder if you would think of it as a side effect, or just feeling the drug, like I did... I talked to others that said the same...

I dunno..

if not then ya its a side effect unless youre drinkn again..

Hi all,

Dry skin and eyes in here as well, and my scalp can hurt a lot. I had a horrible night, i barely slept. I was thinking in breaking my dose in to two, so i would have the Xanax dose steadier in my body, maybe that way i wont twitch and hurt as much, like spliting it morning and night, but if i already have problems sleeping as it is, i dont know...

Anyone has any imput or experience with this?

Susumia,

If you've always dosed once at night, there's probably no need to start splitting your dose.  It usually seems the body acclimates itself to once a day dosing okay…sometimes if someone starts dosing differently things get dicey.  As far as insomnia, it's par for this course…sorry to say.

Challis  :)

whats your current dose and when do you take it?

if youre only dosing once, and your doing ok with that,,, maybe scoot it towards making it a evening dose at bedtime,,, or just split it, Ive split mine before at different times....

Susumia,

I'll second Challis -- unless you're currently having interdose withdrawals. Then in those circumstances, it can be very helpful to split doses.

I took melatonin early on in my taper to help me stay asleep once I'd fallen asleep. And 200mg of magnesium glycinate right before bed helped me to get drowsy.

There is a subsection on this website titled Insomnia, where you could get some good, benzo-safe natural remedies to help you sleep during taper & such :)

No worries :) You're normal! :)

Fluterbutt, when I first started tapering, it got to where when I dosed I could really feel the drug for some reason..I only dosed at night and was already in bed, so I rather enjoyed it...

maybe thats what youre feeling...

if you werent so concerned with "feeling" withdrawal side effects, I wonder if you would think of it as a side effect, or just feeling the drug, like I did... I talked to others that said the same...

I dunno..

if not then ya its a side effect unless youre drinkn again..

DANG....ya figured me out >:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [No...]
    • [St...]
    • [...]
    • [Si...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [ge...]