Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Mrs, that sounds so scary, I'm so glad your hubby was there for you.  Did you have heart problems before this taper? Praying for you honey.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs, that sounds so scary, I'm so glad your hubby was there for you.  Did you have heart problems before this taper? Praying for you honey.

Nope, none before, and I won't after, either. I am sure this will resolve quickly. No worries, Rabbit ;) Again, most of my "issues" have been recent (past two weeks), and its because I really pushed the last few cuts. I've done nothing but heal during the rest of my whole taper this far, this past 14 months. If you just listen to your body and move slowly, you will be just fine sweetie :)

No worries, for realises, okay?  :thumbsup:

I haven't had a cold/flu in three plus years and figured I might come down with a bug in my "fragile" state post jump. I received my flu shot in the middle of my taper with no ill effects, but sure enough, I came down with a nasty cold with all the usual symptoms.

I bought  Alka Seltzer Cold Plus and while it initially helped, it induced a rapid return of raging tinnitus for several days just when I thought it was gone. Those old familiar heart papilatations returned and for three nights I woke up every thirty minutes to an hour in a full on panic. The muscle ache in my legs which is 90% gone also returned with a vengeance.  :sick:

This was exactly week ago and I'm mostly back to normal. I've never been sensitive to any Rx or OTC medications, but this sudden and heavy onset of withdrawal symptoms really shocked me.

We're all different, but I wanted to advise my BB friends to be aware of the potential downside of this OTC medication.

I haven't had a cold/flu in three plus years and figured I might come down with a bug in my "fragile" state post jump. I received my flu shot in the middle of my taper with no ill effects, but sure enough, I came down with a nasty cold with all the usual symptoms.

I bought  Alka Seltzer Cold Plus and while it initially helped, it induced a rapid return of raging tinnitus for several days just when I thought it was gone. Those old familiar heart papilatations returned and for three nights I woke up every thirty minutes to an hour in a full on panic. The muscle ache in my legs which is 90% gone also returned with a vengeance.  :sick:

This was exactly week ago and I'm mostly back to normal. I've never been sensitive to any Rx or OTC medications, but this sudden and heavy onset of withdrawal symptoms really shocked me.

We're all different, but I wanted to advise my BB friends to be aware of the potential downside of this OTC medication.

Wow TS,

Really sorry to hear you had such a reaction!  I hope you are feeling better now?

I am very sensitive to lots of OTC and prescribed med's.  The only think I take at this time is of course the Xan that I am trying soooo hard to get off of and Tylenol.

I hope this is your one and only time to experience such reaction.

Take care,

FB

Question:  Does the Xanax cause anyone else to have extreme dry/burning eyes?  Mine are really bothering me!

Thank you,

FluterByee

Are any of you tapering from Xanax using Trazadone which I have heard is supposed to help with the depression and it has an anti anxiety component.

Would appreciate any feed back.

FB

Question:  Does the Xanax cause anyone else to have extreme dry/burning eyes?  Mine are really bothering me!

Thank you,

FluterByee

I wake up some mornings and they're swollen shut... :o

mine itched like crazy a long time during tapering, felt like they were full of something scratchy, like sand or something, they would burn after I messed with them, I thought it was just my allergies, but now I think it was some kinda withdrawal thing....cause my eyes never bothered me like that before with allergies

Man,

They are the worst.  You know the feeling of when you've been in the sun ALL day and it causes your eyes to burn.  That's what mine are doing.  They feel like I just want to keep them closed.

They are DRY/BURNING/TIRED!

Thanks for the info.

FB

have you been lookn in a mirror too long or sompn?

...Hey Now..., :muscle:

I try to avoid that at all costs... :2funny:

FB

P.S. Have you ever thought about stand up comedy :P

FB,

I've also had the dry eye feeling. To me, it feels like when I've been wearing mascara all day, and then my eyes decide they've had enough! Makes me feel like I'm wearing makeup and it needs to get washed off! :P And then I realize that I'm not wearing any... :D

Hello Fellow Fighters,

Anyone have any help as to head pressure?  My temples are taking a beating!  If it was not for this symptom, then I would be in so much better shape.  Have stopped tapering for now. Am back on Tylenol, 1000 mg a day.  It strikes at 2 pm exactly.  Going out in - 6 F to buy "kali phosphoricum 6 c" a homeopathic remedy.  Have tried riboflavin and feverfew, but it made it worse.  Also doing yoga exercises for tension headaches and body scan meditations.  Never had them before.  Maybe I never gave my CNS a chance to fully heal from the c/t........I know I am not alone and others have experienced this.

Thanks,

Kantu

I kinda have that, its what I call soft pressure it doesnt hurt.can feel it with my heart beat...

its more in my ears when laying down, whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom....then it finally levels out somewhere in there...

I kinda have that, its what I call soft pressure it doesnt hurt.can feel it with my heart beat...

its more in my ears when laying down, whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom....then it finally levels out somewhere in there...

Mine is the same, but the intensity is much greater.  Good to hear that it does not hurt you.  Challis99 was saying his was always there, until he got off the X completely. 

Mine is the same, but the intensity is much greater.  Good to hear that it does not hurt you.  Challis99 was saying his was always there, until he got off the X completely.

I've also experienced this, Kantu. Mine went away completely by supplementing 90mg/day of coenzyme q10 ;)

FB,

I've also had the dry eye feeling. To me, it feels like when I've been wearing mascara all day, and then my eyes decide they've had enough! Makes me feel like I'm wearing makeup and it needs to get washed off! :P And then I realize that I'm not wearing any... :D

Me too!  I've gotten to where I HATE wearing makeup I don't like how it feels on my skin.  (Benzy) all the more reason for me to avoid looking at myself in the mirror ;)

FB

I believe the Benzo had caused not only dry/burning eyes, but dry skin as well.  I never had this problem until the last year.

As for the head pressure/ache.  It helps me to lay my head on the heating pad on low.  It seems to relax the fascia and many muscles that are attached to the scalp.

For those of you who may not know...there are 16 muscles that attach to our scapula (not a very good design) if you ask me.  With the Benzo WD causing so much muscle tension...that is why the head/neck/temples/mandible/sternocleidomastoid/traps/scapula/erector spinea muscles are ALL affected.  They are all attached.  It is like the domino affect.  When one starts to tighten it creates the trickle down affect.

If you all have someone who is willing and your CNS can stand it.  Just have them start with gentle circular massage at the temples working around to the parietal (sides of head) down to the jaw, to the back of the occipital ridge (back of skull) where head meets neck, down to the traps (sometimes) applying pressure (what I like to call the Spock treatment) pinch the traps, than using your thumbs trace the muscle along the ridge of the scapula.  You will be amazed at how much this will literally relax the whole body.

I understand that you need another person to do this for you...spouse, partner...or your can use the circular motion and reach as many areas as you can.  It will help!

FB

Guys, is it normal in Xanax withdrawal, to have odd feelings that are very hard to articulate.  Hmmmmm, almost like a hypomanic anxious state.    I know you are going to laugh and say yes, but please humor me.

Guys, is it normal in Xanax withdrawal, to have odd feelings that are very hard to articulate.  Hmmmmm, almost like a hypomanic anxious state.    I know you are going to laugh and say yes, but please humor me.

Haha, yes :):D:laugh:

I remember for me, it would migrate from feeling icky/down, to feeling better, to feeling well, to feeling awesome, to feeling super awesome,...and it would keep going, LOL, to feeling this weird, super desire to be super productive and accomplish something big, and I would be wide awake at 2am & trying to settle it down, LOL!

I think its the brain learning how to produce the proper amounts of our hormones, like serotonin, melatonin, etc. These productions of hormones are affected by benzo, in an indirect/domino effect. Sometimes it produces too much, and sometimes not enough, while we're healing and relearning balance in the brain. Which would explain feeling sad/depressed, then feeling anxious/excited, then feeling nothing at all, etc...

I've even had moments where I've had this sudden urge to start crying...I can only liken it to the urge to vomit, it was that strong! It passes, LOL, but it is a bizarre feeling :P

Not to worry, JerryK, you're normal ;)

How's your day?

it's just odd that sometimes between dosages, I feel fatigue and down.  Other times I feel

kind of agitated and odd/hard to articulate.    It is odd odd odd.

I think you've successfully explained that I'm not the only one...

I believe the Benzo had caused not only dry/burning eyes, but dry skin as well.  I never had this problem until the last year.

As for the head pressure/ache.  It helps me to lay my head on the heating pad on low.  It seems to relax the fascia and many muscles that are attached to the scalp.

For those of you who may not know...there are 16 muscles that attach to our scapula (not a very good design) if you ask me.  With the Benzo WD causing so much muscle tension...that is why the head/neck/temples/mandible/sternocleidomastoid/traps/scapula/erector spinea muscles are ALL affected.  They are all attached.  It is like the domino affect.  When one starts to tighten it creates the trickle down affect.

If you all have someone who is willing and your CNS can stand it.  Just have them start with gentle circular massage at the temples working around to the parietal (sides of head) down to the jaw, to the back of the occipital ridge (back of skull) where head meets neck, down to the traps (sometimes) applying pressure (what I like to call the Spock treatment) pinch the traps, than using your thumbs trace the muscle along the ridge of the scapula.  You will be amazed at how much this will literally relax the whole body.

I understand that you need another person to do this for you...spouse, partner...or your can use the circular motion and reach as many areas as you can.  It will help!

FB

Thanks. I know of these accupressure points (youtube has many links). Will give it a try again - had forgotten about it - hope it works.  Also, will try a herbal muscle relaxer. 

As to the CoQ10 - it increases my pressure!  Then again, this was two months ago, so will see what it does now.

There is a thread on "protracted benzo withdrawal" that just came out today and Parker lists some of his supplements for the head pressure.

Best to all.

Kantu

FB

FB...thank you for this great reminder. Self massage can be so helpful. Also...I have been enjoying the posts about your beautiful daughters. What sweethearts!

Love to you,

Carita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [No...]
    • [St...]
    • [...]
    • [Si...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [...]