Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Im mad as hell all the time now, I hate everybody and everything I should be starting to cut my last dose and I DONT WANT TOO. I want to keep my little friend, he wasnt that bad to me, in fact he did his job just fine. I want to be able to take a little pill AND NOT DEAL WITH ALL THIS S###.

Maybe Im a addict and dont know it yet, cuase I aint wanting to give this up now....

Benzy,

I hear ya.  That seems to be my M.O.  Everyone and Everything ticks me off.

My friend is in rehab in Florida.  They try and follow the Ashton Manual.  They crossed her over to Valium and once she was finished with her Xan taper...the nurse asked her to hand over her remaining Xan and the bottle.  She started crying and COULD NOT DO IT!!!!!

The nurse told her that was normal.  We have been used to this little pill helping us, getting us through whatever, calming us down, dulling us down,...It was are life saver in a sense.  And, there is a very real FEAR of giving that up, but you can do this.

Your mind will have to come to terms with the fact that YOU don't want it anymore.  Tricky little pill >:D

Hang tough my friend,

FluterButt :P

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzy

It was like that to me with my last Paxil doses too, i was so afraid to let that last drop go, but when i did it, i felt so free for the first time in so many ways. It is like a little estocolm syndrome, you love/hate your "capturer". I kept telling myself that i was stronger than the drug and i didnt need it anymore, i was winning and there was no place for it in my new life.

You can do this, sending good vibrations your way to help you  ;)

Hi and thanks for the explanation. Right now i am just cutting it but i think i am going to compound it. It worked for me when the Paxil so i Feel confortable about this method, i think i will have my prescription next week so lets see!

This support group is awesome

Thanks guys :smitten:

I meant that for mr shawl, i am still not sure how to reply to post sometimes :-\

I got it, you did fine :)

Its MrsALW ;)

Great job tapering your Paxil, by the way!! I've heard that drug is a toughie to get free from.

Panic attacks are certainly no fun, but they're nothing to be fearful of. I'm saying that for my benefit as much as yours, as I am in a phase of my taper where they've been occurring more frequently. All temporary, thank God, and I will heal completely from this all! So will you :)

Good call on the tablet compounding; what a nice, clean, simple way to get free from the drug. I'm sure you'll find your way off the drug w/ very little issues, friend. Just move slowly and be willing to listen to your body along the way :)

Sleep well, friend :) We'll chat soon!

OMgoodness,

I didn't sleep good....at all, and once again, I feel like I've been hit by a Semi pulling a full load! :'(

My poor body and brain feels like Benzy unleashed his heard of horses, and they all took turns kicking me....WTH! 

I had a difficult time going down the stairs.  My eyes look like I stared at the sun all day  :pokey: I'm tired :sleepy: I'm constantly having to correct my spelling...basically my brain's not working right :D.

Oh BENZO WD...I know I will be better once your gone, but I sure despise you while your here!!! :tickedoff:  You are one B***H of a drug!  I curse you and the doctor who rode in on his white horse and prescribed you :tickedoff:

Okay, I just took my 9a.m. dose....praying for relief and strength for a descent day.

FB :thumbsup:

Im mad as hell all the time now, I hate everybody and everything I should be starting to cut my last dose and I DONT WANT TOO. I want to keep my little friend, he wasnt that bad to me, in fact he did his job just fine. I want to be able to take a little pill AND NOT DEAL WITH ALL THIS S###.

Maybe Im a addict and dont know it yet, cuase I aint wanting to give this up now....

sounds like you are in touch with your emotions!  I 'd give anything to feel something other than despair or anxiety!    Anger means you're going to live!

Hi gang.

Well, I've had an icky time this past 24 hours. Mid evening last night, and early AM this morning I had some cardiac events. As a refresher, I've never had anything w/ my heart in my life; only started when I hit low doses here. The thing I've been experiencing is called "sinus tachycardia", which is a faster heart rate in a normal ("sinus") rhythm. The early AM one was pretty traumatic, and had me begging my husband to take me to the E/R. But by the grace of God, and my husband's ability to peacefully stall, we ended up not going in. (Please note that I've been in to the E/R twice now for this, and both times all tests have come back normal. They even kept me overnight the second time to monitor, and all was okay. AND I'm currently under the care of a cardiologist. So this was the hesitation in going in to the E/R for us. If you are having cardiac events that concern you, get things checked out to be safe ;) ).

Anyways, I recorded all the events and called them in to the overnight nurse. My cardiologist will view them on Monday and will be able to determine if there is cause for concern. Its just a miserable feeling to experience, and I hope it will resolve QUICKLY. And MAN, will I be okay with forgetting this EVER happened!! We read success stories all the time like that, that they forget how bad things truly were -- kinda like child birth! I'd be okay with forgetting, lol!

Forgive the rambling; it just helps me to distract. Hope y'all are in a window of a day!! Send me one, too, if you think of it! ;)

Oh my sweet Mrs, YES, the cardiac stuff is the pits!! I have dealt with it everyday since the beginning of August. I think it is part of the reason for my rapid weight loss. My heart keeps running a marathon, and I can't keep enough calories going in to keep up with it.  :-\

I know things will even out for you.  :)

Just remember that this is only part of the w/d. After your heart checks out okay, then there is nothing to worry about. Just relax through it.  :)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  :)

Nana  :smitten:

I'd be very interested to know how the jewelers scale method works.  Specifically how do you find a scale accurate enough for the task.

Jerry,

This is the Gemini 20 scale that is by far the most popular with bb users:

[nobbc]http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1388958031&sr=1-1&keywords=gemini+20+scale[/nobbc]

You can also check this thread for more info on using a scale to taper:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74216.0

I feel you on all the symptoms you've described. This is a war.

Best, Human

Edited for commercial link.

just so yall wont be exposed to the same,, theres a thread called "can you taper alcohol" in the "off topic" section, posted by Birdman with a link to a video on youtube. DO NOT WATCH IT.

I thought it would be informational of course, it appears to be a intervention/rehab documentary, and while it is, they guy doesnt make it, he dies in the end.....I got all involved with the dude, cause its very well done, you get too look in his eyes, he talks directly to you via the camera, you get involved wth his friends and family, you gain interest and emotions for the dude and hope for success....and BOOM, when he "jumps" .. he dies....

I fail to see the support in this, it put me in a  huge depression with a wave of SXs Ive never had yet..Im not really happy with BB because I sent in 2 tickets asking for it to be taken down, but the mods thought it was ok....one pointed out that there is a disclaimor at the beginning stating the  video might be "disturbing" to some,,,I didnt see it, I dont read credits or fine print so I didnt notice it at all, and if I did I would had thought they just meant the general subject of the problem and withdrawals would be disturbing to some, as I know they can be.... I never dreamed it would end in death.... and I dont know why we need to be told and/or reminded on here that some people die when withdrawaling......I sure didnt need to see it and wished I hadnt...

I ask they atleast cover the link on both sides with "DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU ARE FRAGILE".... but they havent done that either

so FYI :thumbsup:

ps. please dont think Im tempting you to go watch it by posting this, or let your curiousity get the best of you and watching it... dont do it. period..

The first 20 seconds was enough for me to stop watching. I don't see the point of why it was posted.

So very sad and not needed on here. I understand the point of the thread, but not the video.

Nana  :smitten:

Hi gang.

Well, I've had an icky time this past 24 hours. Mid evening last night, and early AM this morning I had some cardiac events. As a refresher, I've never had anything w/ my heart in my life; only started when I hit low doses here. The thing I've been experiencing is called "sinus tachycardia", which is a faster heart rate in a normal ("sinus") rhythm. The early AM one was pretty traumatic, and had me begging my husband to take me to the E/R. But by the grace of God, and my husband's ability to peacefully stall, we ended up not going in. (Please note that I've been in to the E/R twice now for this, and both times all tests have come back normal. They even kept me overnight the second time to monitor, and all was okay. AND I'm currently under the care of a cardiologist. So this was the hesitation in going in to the E/R for us. If you are having cardiac events that concern you, get things checked out to be safe ;) ).

Anyways, I recorded all the events and called them in to the overnight nurse. My cardiologist will view them on Monday and will be able to determine if there is cause for concern. Its just a miserable feeling to experience, and I hope it will resolve QUICKLY. And MAN, will I be okay with forgetting this EVER happened!! We read success stories all the time like that, that they forget how bad things truly were -- kinda like child birth! I'd be okay with forgetting, lol!

Forgive the rambling; it just helps me to distract. Hope y'all are in a window of a day!! Send me one, too, if you think of it! ;)

Sweets,

You don't ever have to ask us to forgive anything.  What you are going through is very scary...you ramble all you want!

I hope you are better now/today!  If you ever want/need to talk PM me.  I will talk with you till your feeling calmer.

Bless your hubby for remaining calm and helping you get through what would be an instinctive reaction to want to go to the ER.  When your heart acts up...it would be very difficult to ride it out.

If this keeps up do you think or has your cardiologist said anything about meds to help the rhythm?

I truly hope you are feeling better today.

Love you my sweet friend,

FluterByee

just so yall wont be exposed to the same,, theres a thread called "can you taper alcohol" in the "off topic" section, posted by Birdman with a link to a video on youtube. DO NOT WATCH IT.

I thought it would be informational of course, it appears to be a intervention/rehab documentary, and while it is, they guy doesnt make it, he dies in the end.....I got all involved with the dude, cause its very well done, you get too look in his eyes, he talks directly to you via the camera, you get involved wth his friends and family, you gain interest and emotions for the dude and hope for success....and BOOM, when he "jumps" .. he dies....

I fail to see the support in this, it put me in a  huge depression with a wave of SXs Ive never had yet..Im not really happy with BB because I sent in 2 tickets asking for it to be taken down, but the mods thought it was ok....one pointed out that there is a disclaimor at the beginning stating the  video might be "disturbing" to some,,,I didnt see it, I dont read credits or fine print so I didnt notice it at all, and if I did I would had thought they just meant the general subject of the problem and withdrawals would be disturbing to some, as I know they can be.... I never dreamed it would end in death.... and I dont know why we need to be told and/or reminded on here that some people die when withdrawaling......I sure didnt need to see it and wished I hadnt...

I ask they atleast cover the link on both sides with "DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU ARE FRAGILE".... but they havent done that either

Benzy,

I'm really sorry you were exposed to something like this that was soooo upsetting.  I will not be watching it.  I don't /won't put anything of that nature in my mind.  It is harmful.

I thought BB didn't want us posting super negative or upsetting info...as it can have a profound affect on those who are fragile...for whatever the reason?  It doesn't make sense.

Thank you for the warning.  This whole Benzo experience is SCARY enough without having access to something like that...even if there is a disclaimer!!!!!

Although it may be difficult....try to do self talk and replace those negative thought with positive visions...how ever you have to do it.

If you need to talk it out PM me.  Sending you everything positive I can think of.

FluterByee :smitten:

That's awful Benzy!  Birdman is a kind and supportive writer and I'm sure she didn't mean to upset you.  But I agree, there are some postings that need clear warning.  Thank you for giving us a heads up.  I will stay away.  I hope you are ok.

:smitten:

FB, the cardiologist and my regular MD both offered a beta blocker, in order to make me more comfy if I wanted. I am considering it, but wanted to give myself some time here to see if things would settle on their own.

I will be calling them tomorrow to have a discussion and get his opinion on what I should do. Until then, I am laying low, praying, and riding the storms out.

Thank you for your words & support, friend. I will be just fine, and will come out of all this 100% healed, and a much stronger, better, more compassionate person than ever before. Before this, I used to absolutely cower to fear. I believe I've come so far in facing and dealing with fear, because you have to face some big things through this. How much the stronger we'll be at the other side of all this? I am looking forward to it.

Thanks again for responding. It all helps me so much, little by little and day by day. One day at a time, right? :)

Thanks, I will give this method a try!!!!

I'd be very interested to know how the jewelers scale method works.  Specifically how do you find a scale accurate enough for the task.

Jerry,

This is the Gemini 20 scale that is by far the most popular with bb users:

[nobbc]http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1388958031&sr=1-1&keywords=gemini+20+scale[/nobbc]

You can also check this thread for more info on using a scale to taper:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74216.0

I feel you on all the symptoms you've described. This is a war.

Best, Human

Edited for commercial link.

FB, the cardiologist and my regular MD both offered a beta blocker, in order to make me more comfy if I wanted. I am considering it, but wanted to give myself some time here to see if things would settle on their own.

I will be calling them tomorrow to have a discussion and get his opinion on what I should do. Until then, I am laying low, praying, and riding the storms out.

Thank you for your words & support, friend. I will be just fine, and will come out of all this 100% healed, and a much stronger, better, more compassionate person than ever before. Before this, I used to absolutely cower to fear. I believe I've come so far in facing and dealing with fear, because you have to face some big things through this. How much the stronger we'll be at the other side of all this? I am looking forward to it.

Thanks again for responding. It all helps me so much, little by little and day by day. One day at a time, right? :)

Mrs,

Because of you...I am starting to believe the little by little, day by day, baby steps, and One day at a time.  I know we will be stronger.  Thank you for always having such a positive attitude and endless amounts of support.

Your AWESOME!!!!! :smitten:

FluterByee :thumbsup:

Y'all are the best :smitten:

You know what I'm learning? That my yesterday does not have to determine my today :) Today is ending much better than yesterday, and its a HUGE part because of you guys :)

Again, thank you for being here with me today :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [...]
    • [No...]
    • [be...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [St...]
    • [...]
    • [Si...]