Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to call in my event monitor this afternoon, just so it could refresh -- nothing wrong or anything. But got fairly nervous about it -- I don't like hearing it play back. Popped my ear buds in and turned on an audio really loudly during its transmission, which helped. Also LOTS of deep slow breathing. Now just continuing to dial myself back down afterwards. I can tell that I am fairly raw & sensitive; really looking forward to all that settling down again soon. This was not a fun experience today, but I faced it anyways and will be alright of course!

Hopefulgirl...this experience makes me stand in awe at you, girl. You're so BRAVE and STRONG. I'm so glad you're here :)

Mrs, Thank you. That means a lot to me. I am glad you shared this. When I used to call mine in it always made me super anxious. Sorry you have this but as always glad to know we are not alone. The heart stuff has been one long road for me but it is so, so, so much better these days! Last night and today my rate got a little fast a few times and I am so happy to say I didn't let it get me anxious. (It has only taken 11 1/2 years to accomplish this!) I did end up using a few drops of my homeopathic remedy last night and was able to get back to sleep right after it slowed down!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hopeful, can you tell me what homeopathic remedy you use please? :)

Hi there,

I use a great remedy called Arrhythmia Med by the company called Medrial. It helps my heart rate come down and the palps stop faster than any prescription and I've unfortunately tried a ton. I order it from www.evitaminmarket.com I also sometimes use one called Cardio Liquitrophic by Dr. Recommends with good results as well.  :)

Hopeful Girl

Thank you Hopeful, I will check that out.  :)

I'm glad I guess, since Bluebells here, because I heard from a reliable source that she's actually Brad Pitt, incognito....

I'm still workn on that....

my next dose isn't till 10p.m.  Hope I can hold out till than.  Feeling anxious, sweating, restless, and agitated!

Praying for STRENGTH :angel:

FB

my next dose isn't till 10p.m.  Hope I can hold out till than.  Feeling anxious, sweating, restless, and agitated!

FB

Hang in there sweetie, praying for you  :)

FB

FB...you can do this. Slow deep breathing, distraction...you are not alone.

Love,

Carita

my lower legs sweated a lot, especially when in a heavy withdrawal,, and thats a really weird feeling in itself,, plus then my jeans would stick to my lower leg, and make me feel all weird and weighted while trying to run for the phone to call 911 again... :idiot:

Thank goodness...I was able to wait till 10. The prayer's worked.

That and distraction...my daughter had a headache...so, I gave her a massage

It was a win, win.  It helped her and distracted me just long enough.

I can't believe that I am on my regular dose .625mg (9,1,5,10) and all I have done different is dissolve the dose in water.  What a butt kicker :tickedoff:

Waaaaah, Waaaaah, Waaaaaah  ;)  Gonna try and watch TV and wait for sleep to get here.

I'm on the couch in the living room.  Got all the windows open and the fan on.  It's about 48 degrees here.  I like it cold, with blanket's...makes for good sleeping weather :smitten:

FB

Hi all,

i am trying to start tapering down and i was trying to find any link on how to the the water titration with xanax. i take .50 just at nights, so i guess if i want to lower my dose i will have to go to .4375 (that will be like a 1%) i just don't really know how to achieve that number with just .50 pills ( i suck with numbers)

thanks and much love to everyone  :smitten:

theres some threads on it in the general taper plan section I think...

plus a couple members on this thread doing it,,

ya picked a bad time to check in tho, weekends are really lax around here lately, and I know zero about it....

ya got time to wait? if not, check the taper section tonight and read up...

I think fluter is doing it, but she might be sacked out by now....

Hi all,

i am trying to start tapering down and i was trying to find any link on how to the the water titration with xanax. i take .50 just at nights, so i guess if i want to lower my dose i will have to go to .4375 (that will be like a 1%) i just don't really know how to achieve that number with just .50 pills ( i suck with numbers)

Hi Susu,

Just wanted to say hi! I'm heading to bed currently, but will be back on tomorrow and can help answer your questions, okay? Welcome; you're gonna love it here :)

Planning you Taper section,, Titration Taper Plans... have you checked all that out?

ps. if you can taper off that damn Paxil you can do this for sure, that crap liked to have killed me  :crazy:

hi

the paxil was a bitch!the brain zaps...no fun.

but this twitching, tingling, muscle pains etc are not cake eithe :or, i still can believe that such a low dose can be making all this, but well, this crap has been on me for 13 years,

my doctor told me that she will compound whatever i need

i just don't know what method will work better...

my face got paralyzed coming off the P,,, and I didnt that all alone in totally ignorant..

if you can get off that I think you'll do just fine with the X, in my opinion.

it would just be your own decision as to how...

crap, I cant even read my own post (benzo brain)

"I did that all alone and totally ignorant"... is what that was suppose to say...

No sense in me posting all my SX's.  All of you who have or that are doing this  know the drill.

What I will ask for is prayer's to GIVE ME STRENGTH to get through this.  :angel:

Waiting for 9a.m. to roll around...hopefully that will bring relief. :thumbsup:

I am having a difficult time finding distractions.  Sound is kinda annoying me :P

Have a healing day,

Fluter

No sense in me posting all my SX's.  All of you who have or that are doing this  know the drill.

What I will ask for is prayer's to GIVE ME STRENGTH to get through this.  :angel:

Waiting for 9a.m. to roll around...hopefully that will bring relief. :thumbsup:

I am having a difficult time finding distractions.  Sound is kinda annoying me :P

Have a healing day,

Fluter

You can do this FB!!

Blue :smitten:

Hi all,

Hi Susu,

Okay, I'm here!! Just a little background on me and my taper...

I started and used xanax "PRN" (or, 'as needed') for the entire three years I was on it, before I realized I was in tolerance. I was (am) very sensitive to this drug. Looking back, I was already having rebound symptoms within two weeks of usage. Anyways, the year before I started my taper, I was very ill in tolerance: I was highly nauseous 24/7 and had lost 30lbs; had difficulties sleeping; had WEIRD mental things going on (deep depression swings, obtrusive thoughts, THICK "cog-fog", heavy fatigue, etc etc etc); the list goes on. I discovered I was in tolerance on October 31st, 2012 (I'll never forget that wonderful day), and in Nov I took 0.25mg per day for the first time in my life, just to get stable enough for a taper. The week of Thanksgiving, I began my water titration, and have been slowly microtapering my way off ever since. Fast forward: it is now 14 months later, and I am 76% free from my original 0.25mg dose of the drug. I've had a lot of BBuddies sorta bawk at my slower taper rate, but... I have been able to continue to work full and part-time throughout all of this, as well as be an active participant of life, and only the people closest to me (hubby and parents) know that I'm going through this. AND I've done nothing but heal and progress and get my life back throughout my entire taper. I won't kid you that this has been a walk in the park or a cinch, because it has NOT been, but compared to so many others on here, I've been blessed to have a much easier time by moving slowly.

This is not a "testimony" on water titration, nor on moving at my exact pace, but rather on moving slowly and listening to YOUR body to determine when and how to move forward next. Your pace, and your method of tapering, will and should be unique to your needs and preferences.

Carita, Hopefulgirl, and myself all taper(ed) using water titration. Hopeful and Carita are both now xanax free and healing, and I am getting CLOSE!! Babyrex, Benzy, Juliea, Mama2, and Bluebell all dry-cut their way to zero. Babyrex and Mama2 micro-dry-cut towards the end of their tapers, and they used a jeweler's scale to powder and weigh their dosages for accuracy. If you'd like to ask their advice, just mention and they'll be along to chat with you :) Be patient w/ Babyrex, as she's fresh off the drug and may or may not feel up to giving a ton of advice currently.

Hope that helps you get a good start to figuring out what you want to do!! If you have any questions regarding either methods (water or dry cut), just ask and we'll answer!!

Again, welcome to the forum :) You'll be quite at home here!!

CRAP, I hate to waste a good cheer and break a antique lamp for the wrong person,, I dont have many high kicks in me, so I'll ltry again tomorrow Fluterbutt... the cheer was suppose to be for you...sorry...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [vo...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Le...]
    • [sm...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [El...]