Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

do you feel you are good and stable since getting off the Paxil??

you're tapering the xanax a little too fast, if you cut out .25 at a time... I only cut .0625 out at a time,,, thats a fourth of the .25 white pill... and held for about 3 weeks before cutting again....

get on a regular stable dose first,,, then start a slower taper,, others will add their suggestions in a bit....

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to call in my event monitor this afternoon, just so it could refresh -- nothing wrong or anything. But got fairly nervous about it -- I don't like hearing it play back. Popped my ear buds in and turned on an audio really loudly during its transmission, which helped. Also LOTS of deep slow breathing. Now just continuing to dial myself back down afterwards. I can tell that I am fairly raw & sensitive; really looking forward to all that settling down again soon. This was not a fun experience today, but I faced it anyways and will be alright of course!

Hopefulgirl...this experience makes me stand in awe at you, girl. You're so BRAVE and STRONG. I'm so glad you're here :)

Mrs, Thank you. That means a lot to me. I am glad you shared this. When I used to call mine in it always made me super anxious. Sorry you have this but as always glad to know we are not alone. The heart stuff has been one long road for me but it is so, so, so much better these days! Last night and today my rate got a little fast a few times and I am so happy to say I didn't let it get me anxious. (It has only taken 11 1/2 years to accomplish this!) I did end up using a few drops of my homeopathic remedy last night and was able to get back to sleep right after it slowed down!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Had to call in my event monitor this afternoon, just so it could refresh -- nothing wrong or anything. But got fairly nervous about it -- I don't like hearing it play back. Popped my ear buds in and turned on an audio really loudly during its transmission, which helped. Also LOTS of deep slow breathing. Now just continuing to dial myself back down afterwards. I can tell that I am fairly raw & sensitive; really looking forward to all that settling down again soon. This was not a fun experience today, but I faced it anyways and will be alright of course!

Hopefulgirl...this experience makes me stand in awe at you, girl. You're so BRAVE and STRONG. I'm so glad you're here :)

Mrs, Thank you. That means a lot to me. I am glad you shared this. When I used to call mine in it always made me super anxious. Sorry you have this but as always glad to know we are not alone. The heart stuff has been one long road for me but it is so, so, so much better these days! Last night and today my rate got a little fast a few times and I am so happy to say I didn't let it get me anxious. (It has only taken 11 1/2 years to accomplish this!) I did end up using a few drops of my homeopathic remedy last night and was able to get back to sleep right after it slowed down!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hopeful, can you tell me what homeopathic remedy you use please? :)

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Happy to hear this Hopeful!  The heart stuff comes and goes with me, but when it's present it's scary.  The whole regulatory breathing thing from the autonomic nervous system freaks me out as well.  I am learning to live with it as this symptom is lessening. 

Ughhhhh!

Are you getting better!

:smitten:

Sheesh, I didn't realize how many of us deal with heart / breathing sensations. That brings me some comfort knowing that it is "benzormal" (benzo normal!)

Thank you for posting that, baby!! :) Hope you're doing a lil better, sweets :)

Thanks Mrs!

I am doing better in some ways.  My symptoms are vile, yet I am beginning to feel I can overcome them.  It's as if I'm an old computer booting up.  It takes forever, but I'm seeing tiny changes in my symptoms and behavior.  But the waves can be horrendous.  It's unlikely you will experience this magnitude.  Keep your taper pace adjusted to your symptoms.  You're working girl!  I'm so proud of you!!!!!!! 

:smitten:

Well, About a week ago I received some rather disturbing news from my primary care doc. I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 Kidney disease, and my A1C came back positive for Diabetes, and my Vitamin D was really low like 6. I was diagnosed with Pre-cancerous Barrett's Esophagus about 4 years ago. I have emphysema/ COPD, and High Blood Pressure. I'm 51 ,weigh 255 ..After getting my ticket punched so to speak last week, I sent in a ticket to the admins to delete my posts and account immediately, then proceeded to up my dosages of Xanax and Klonopin.  So now I'm up to 3 mg Xanax daily, and 4 mg Klonopin daily. I kind of feel like I want to taper my Xanax first very slowly using titration in a 100 ML tube, making 2 ml reductions every month, but at the same time I feel like my ticket has been punched, like I'm going to die in probably 5 years anyway so why bother? It'll take me that long just to get off the Xanax.

I don't know anymore. I'm so sorry that I ever started this poison in the first place, but at the time I was having severe panic attacks and it did indeed help for a while.

I'll be hanging around the BB boards and reading for the time being, maybe one day I'll find something to inspire me to get off these meds but at this point I really don't see the benefit. Thanks for letting me rant.                         

PepsiMoon

Well, About a week ago I received some rather disturbing news from my primary care doc. I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 Kidney disease, and my A1C came back positive for Diabetes, and my Vitamin D was really low like 6. I was diagnosed with Pre-cancerous Barrett's Esophagus about 4 years ago. I have emphysema/ COPD, and High Blood Pressure. I'm 51 ,weigh 255 ..After getting my ticket punched so to speak last week, I sent in a ticket to the admins to delete my posts and account immediately, then proceeded to up my dosages of Xanax and Klonopin.  So now I'm up to 3 mg Xanax daily, and 4 mg Klonopin daily. I kind of feel like I want to taper my Xanax first very slowly using titration in a 100 ML tube, making 2 ml reductions every month, but at the same time I feel like my ticket has been punched, like I'm going to die in probably 5 years anyway so why bother? It'll take me that long just to get off the Xanax.

I don't know anymore. I'm so sorry that I ever started this poison in the first place, but at the time I was having severe panic attacks and it did indeed help for a while.

I'll be hanging around the BB boards and reading for the time being, maybe one day I'll find something to inspire me to get off these meds but at this point I really don't see the benefit. Thanks for letting me rant.                         

PepsiMoon

All these health issues are a lot to deal with. It would send any ones anxiety through the roof! I am so sorry. :'(

Blue :smitten:

sorry for your current new set of problems Pepsi. we never know what tomorrow brings. everything can change over night sometimes, maybe itll change for the good...

as far as your tapering, or staying on..... why did you start looking to taper in the first place, I cant remember......if its because it was causing you problems, you might want to still consider doing a taper... it might not take as along as you think, and it might not be as bad as you think... weird thing this stuff is, sometimes a lot of good comes out of the deal.....we have to finally deal with things we never thought about, or atleast I have....

if it wasnt causing you problems, then you might stay on it, for awhile anyway..

I always say, "if ya dont know what to do, whatever you do is the right thing"

PepsiMoon

I'm so sorry to read this news and like Blue, know this must be shooting your anxiety to the moon.  We're here for support with a taper when/if you're ready.  It would be good to let things settle down a bit right now probably.

Xanax helped  me get through the worst emotional crisis of my life, the murder of my mother and three ensuing trials afterwards.  I'm not sure how I'd weigh using it to get through against having to taper off miserably later… I honestly think I would probably have chosen to do it the way it happened.  The emotional pain of the event outweighed taking the medication, even knowing what I know now about withdrawal. 

Challis

according to your profile youve started your taper?? you havent updated your sig I dont guess..

so if you've started it, I would say ya...

PepsiMoon

Hi Pepsi,  I'm a newbie, but I'd just like to say how sorry I am for you.  I would echo your comment about wishing I'd never started this terrible drug to start with.  I think 100% of us would say that and then to have all those other issues.  If this doesn't offend you, I will be praying for you.  Healing prayers coming your way.  Rabbit

Dear PepsiMoon,

I am sorry to read the latest health news. I can imagine how frightening it is to receive such a diagnosis. Please know you are held by all of us with support and encouragement.

With friendship,

Carita

Xanax helped  me get through the worst emotional crisis of my life, the murder of my mother and three ensuing trials afterwards.  I'm not sure how I'd weigh using it to get through against having to taper off miserably later… I honestly think I would probably have chosen to do it the way it happened.  The emotional pain of the event outweighed taking the medication, even knowing what I know now about withdrawal. 

Challis

I had "NO" idea.  I am so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your mother!

I can't begin to understand what emotional pain you have been through.

Comforting Hugs  :therethere::hug:

FB

I'm really glad you're all in my life right now :hug:

We all have such different walks of life, different circumstances, different beliefs, etc...how cool is it that we've been brought together?  I mean, I'd probably prefer a different circumstance that would've brought us all together, of course :oops:  But being realistic, nothing else could've brought us all together...

So tonight, I'll tolerate my (temporary) symptoms with a grateful heart because I just realized that without them, I wouldn't know any of you :smitten:

(PS...Mrs has been especially emotional lately...so forgive the heartfelt posts that are sure to ensue...her charming & supportive sarcasm and wit are sure to return shortly, I'm sure... :laugh: )

Thinking of you all tonight! :smitten:

We all have such different walks of life, different circumstances, different beliefs, etc...how cool is it that we've been brought together?  I mean, I'd probably prefer a different circumstance that would've brought us all together, of course :oops:  But being realistic, nothing else could've brought us all together...

So tonight, I'll tolerate my (temporary) symptoms with a grateful heart because I just realized that without them, I wouldn't know any of you :smitten:

(PS...Mrs has been especially emotional lately...so forgive the heartfelt posts that are sure to ensue...her charming & supportive sarcasm and wit are sure to return shortly, I'm sure... :laugh: )

Mrs...you know I love posts like this! Your humor is certainly a part of you I appreciate but I am especially fond of your caring and gentle heart.

I've often thought of our circle connected by the common benzo thread. How we all came together at this fragile time. I am so grateful.

Take good care dear Mrs...you are such an important part of this community.

Love,

Carita

I am sitting in the picture window at the coast watching the sun begin setting....wishing you all well. We are another day closer.

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hopeful, can you tell me what homeopathic remedy you use please? :)

Hi there,

I use a great remedy called Arrhythmia Med by the company called Medrial. It helps my heart rate come down and the palps stop faster than any prescription and I've unfortunately tried a ton. I order it from www.evitaminmarket.com I also sometimes use one called Cardio Liquitrophic by Dr. Recommends with good results as well.  :)

Hopeful Girl

I'm with you. I must be especially emotional too because reading this I started to cry!  :mybuddy: I feel the same way!

Love,

Hopeful

I'm with you. I must be especially emotional too because reading this I started to cry!  :mybuddy: I feel the same way!

Love,

Hopeful

I feel the same way.  Often when I start writing what I feel in my heart towards everyone...it causes me to start crying.  It's so true, we have all been brought together under trying circumstances and what a profound sense of gratitude I have for each of you who never fell to lift me up.

I love everyone's different types of humor, knowledge, grace, and your selfless way of sharing it with me.

Thank you...my heart is full.

Fluter

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Po...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [kn...]
    • [...]
    • [Au...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [so...]