Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Rebel, that sounds awful.  Newbie here, so no advice to give but moral support is here.  You've come so far and you are so tough, you can do this!!

Rebel, I am familiar with the experiences you describe.

I am unable to chat at the moment (I am at work), but can do a little interaction this evening. I need to keep things in small manageable doses, though, as my use of cognition can be wearing for me.

One quick question though: how long have you been using xanax (or any other benzos)? Ever used "PRN" (as needed)?

Thanks friend :) Hang tight; you're not alone!

I have a job interview this afternoon. I am anxious about it, but it is manageable. If this had been a year ago, my anxiety would have been through the roof!!!! Let's hear it for continued healing. Go GABA, go!!!

Chillin' without Pillin.

Blue :smitten:

Good Luck Blue,

I hope everything goes GREAT!!!!!!

FB

my taper ended up at the WRONG time of the year for me :tickedoff:

I HATE winter, I HATE cold weather, and Ive got SAD real bad, I HATE everything and everybody this time of the year,,,,,this is gonna be tricky.. :sick:

and its freezing today, suns out though, so neighborhoods safe for the time being...

I HATE winter, I HATE cold weather, and Ive got SAD real bad, I HATE everything and everybody this time of the year,,,,,this is gonna be tricky.. :sick:

and its freezing today, suns out though, so neighborhoods safe for the time being...

I'm HUGGIN the HATE right outa ya :therethere::hug::therethere::hug:

Let me know when it's workin :smitten:

FB

:oXo: (Im the yellow, youre the grey, if you notice, Im winning)

Since you feel such hatred....I'm letting you win ;)  Plus, I think your knocking the Xanax right out of me....so keep it comin :thumbsup:

FB

Had to call in my event monitor this afternoon, just so it could refresh -- nothing wrong or anything. But got fairly nervous about it -- I don't like hearing it play back. Popped my ear buds in and turned on an audio really loudly during its transmission, which helped. Also LOTS of deep slow breathing. Now just continuing to dial myself back down afterwards. I can tell that I am fairly raw & sensitive; really looking forward to all that settling down again soon. This was not a fun experience today, but I faced it anyways and will be alright of course!

Hopefulgirl...this experience makes me stand in awe at you, girl. You're so BRAVE and STRONG. I'm so glad you're here :)

I'm with you Benzy, I hate this time of year PERIOD!!!!  It's always been a rough time for me.  I hope things get better for you quickly  :)  Did I miss something, did you jump yet?

Had to call in my event monitor this afternoon, just so it could refresh -- nothing wrong or anything. But got fairly nervous about it -- I don't like hearing it play back. Popped my ear buds in and turned on an audio really loudly during its transmission, which helped. Also LOTS of deep slow breathing. Now just continuing to dial myself back down afterwards. I can tell that I am fairly raw & sensitive; really looking forward to all that settling down again soon. This was not a fun experience today, but I faced it anyways and will be alright of course!

Hopefulgirl...this experience makes me stand in awe at you, girl. You're so BRAVE and STRONG. I'm so glad you're here :)

Mrs, what is an event monitor?  I'm so sorry you're so sensitive, I've been there in the last 3 months and it is NOT a fun place to be.  Every little sound makes your heart or stomach lurch.  It's awful.  Hang in there girlfriend  :)

no jump yet, but Im gonna start my last taper down to 0 tonight, that'll take about a week or so, Im gonna go slow,,, I'll probably lick the dust out of the bottle for a week or 2 after that, better safe than sorry! :thumbsup:

Just dialing it down and relaxing tonight :)

If we could get t-shirts made about the benzo experience...  :laugh: :laugh:

"I survived Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 2013!"

"I went through benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

"It's a benzodiazepine thing, you just wouldn't understand."

"Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome Survivors: We put the ‘fun’ in dysfunction."

"Keep calm and withdrawal on."

"What happens in benzodiazepine withdrawal, stays with benzodiazepine withdrawal."?

"Benzodiazepine withdrawal: been there, done that.  Got the t-shirt."

"No pressure, no problems; Benzodiazepine-style."

"Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: Are we there yet?!"

"No, yours is the other White Pill."

"Tolerance is calling and I must taper."

"Chillin' without Pillin'." (Thanks Blue and Hopeful! :smitten: )

Okay, okay...I'm out  :laugh:

Hi everybody,

first of all sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language. I had Panics attacks and anxieaty when i was 21 and i had been in xanax and paxil ever since. I am 34 now. 2 years ago i started to tampered down paxil so now I have been like 9 months paxil free, and now is xanax turn. and is why i am turning here for support and guidance  ;D

I have been all the time in low doses of both, but as i said before, for a really long time. I haven't  been  too clever about my xanax tampering down,i just take it at bed time, i have been trying to take .25 at night instead my usually .50, some nights i will fall asleep and no need to take the extra .25 and other nights tossed around for hours until i take other .25 and finally get some sleep. i tried once before to lower my dose to .25, i was able during a couple of months and i had to suffer horrible withdraw symptoms, i had during 2 weeks a non stop twitching in my stomach, noise disturbances, anxiety..but i had also wrongly tamper paxil so maybe that was the problem as well or a mixed of both. 

So 2 weeks ago until now i have started to have horrible muscle pain in my neck and lower back, my sciatica nerves are killing me and my muscle twitch out of the blue, it can be my lip, eye or my leg but mostly and more often hands and feet, my hands and feet will get freezing for an hour and then come back to normal (they don't change color thoug), burning,  cooling or prickling sensations in the skin, weird feeling in my parts like a UTI or bladder fullness with pain urinating , but not exactly a UTI??? :D jeezz

I am going bananas in here, and of course crying an feeling down for anything,like if i see a sad add on tv and i can cry my eyes out, but well, i have always been super sensitive like that.

i am just scare that this symptoms can not be totally related to my trying of tampering down here and there because most of the time i have taken my usual .50

So in my fear i am thinking that i have totally screw my brain with this venom and i am developing a horrible debilitating neuronal disease 

sorry for my ranting,i just would really appreciate any opinion if this symptoms are normal in the moment that i am right now, or if something else could be there instead. i am going to try to do titration tampering starting tonight. i will dissolve a .50 pill in 10ml of water ant take 9 ml during 15 days and try to get down from there.

thank you all for reading

love and healing :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ra...]
    • [pr...]
    • [...]
    • [fa...]
    • [gu...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [hu...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ro...]