Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Carita,

You've come so far.  Healing will be just around the corner for you.  You might as well keep it slow till the end.  I'm happy you are seeing signs of healing!

:smitten:

Baby...thank you. Sending you arm loads of support and friendship.

Carita

Dear Challis and Monique,

I was on regular Xanax and know nothing about Xanax XR. Sorry...wishing you well.

Carita

Oh, I'm sorry, Carita…your complication was the V … I think it's Juliea.  Anyone else remember who it was?  I know Xanax XR has to be tapered differently because the tablets are time release and cannot be split.

Looking for help here...

Challis

Dear Friends,

Thinking off you all...wishing you well.  I am grateful our lives have come together for this time of healing. Knowing I am not alone in this helps me find the strength to do it day after day. Your strength, determination, honesty and humor hold me on this path. Thank you.

Here it is 2014. I thought I would be finished with tapering and healing...another life lesson in patience. I AM finished with two tapers and have 1 mg of V to go. I see small signs of healing. This all deserves celebration. Today I had the strength to shower and shampoo in the same session. I woke with less pain, I felt excited about breakfast...small things but I will never take them for granted again.

Happy New Year friends. May 2014 be one of comfort and peace.

Love.

Carita

Your writing is always so peaceful and calming…even in the midst of your suffering.  Wishing you the best in 2014, Carita.  It will be over one day. 

Challis http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

Thank you,. hopeful girl, carita, blue and mama  :smitten:

Hopeful, it is so hard to lose them and I'm sorry for your loss as well. We lost them a year apart..yours on the 26th and mine on the 27th both from kidney disease. I have a 17 yr old cat that was close to his sibling and even though he's doing well without him he won't eat at his spot. Animals are so special.

Carita. That was very nice what you wrote and so true...also I can relate to being able to shower and wash hair all in the same session, I'm happy for you!

Mama2. The weak legs are common..I had them throughout my taper, sometimes it was difficult to walk sometimes just a nuisance. I still have them  but they are in now way as bad now..  I also took magnesium and the jelly/weak legs were there rather I used magnesium or not. Make sure you walk slow and stay near to things you can grab or hold onto. It gets better.

I'm sorry your kitty didn't eat, hopefully he/she has or will today. Is she drinking water? An Older kitty?

Healing energy to your baby :smitten:

Windows and great healing for all :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all,

Well, the last two weeks proved to be one of the toughest weeks of my tapering journey thus far. I am choosing not to be disappointed, but rather just surprised, as I did not foresee this :P When I crossed the marker of 40% free, I had a feeling that between 40%-80% free would be my most challenging time through all this -- I am 76% free. If my "intuition" is correct, than I am only 4% away from things turning towards the better, FOREVER! Let's hope and believe so, eh?

Today is day nine of my current hold. The past 2-3 days have still not been a cake walk, but intensities and duration of things are lessening/shortening. Carita, I think you are correct when you said that my healing was outdone by my cutting speed. I didn't want to admit that, nor believe that, since its such a teensy amount left to go here! But nonetheless, if I desire to remain functional and progress in healing, then I should slow it down. I'm okay with slowing, but I refuse to STOP. I am not at a point yet where I feel comfortable "jumping" off my dose yet. But, if it comes to a point where I either hold and maintain, or cut and suffer more than I desire, I will contemplate just "rapid tapering" to the end. Newbies, I say this because my current dose is a fraction of a 0.25mg tablet -- I am at 0.06mg per day of xanax, which is equivalent to 1.2mg of valium/ diazepam (Carita, I'm right there with ya!!). Ashton Manual suggests only jumping off your dose when you reach a 0.5mg valium/ diazepam equivalent -- this is where you would be safe to not suffer seizures. A rapid cessation off of a potent, fast acting benzo such as xanax at too high a dose is EXTREMELY ill-advised. So just because I mentioned it for myself and where I'm at, does not mean you need to do the same for you ;)

Love you guys!

Hi Challis and Monique,

I was on Xanax Xr and tapered mostly from it. I have previously given Monique some thoughts on another thread. I am happy to help in any way, Monique. I do have to disagree with your doc though. Xanax Xr is exactly the same as regular Xanax except that it takes longer to process in the body. So it is really no different than taking regular Xanax but dosing more frequently. It has a lower rate of interdose w/d because of this. However, none of this impacts the ease or difficulty of w/d due to gaba receptors being down regulated. I'd really caution you on making such a big cut. You might do just fine but trust if you don't it is not worth going faster than necessary. Let me know how I can help!

Hopeful Girl

Mrs,

Exactly.  Do whatever you need to do to remain functional.  Just don't stall out.  I've seen way too many people here do that.  I've gotta feeling you'll be just fine.  ;)    :thumbsup:

Mrs,

Exactly.  Do whatever you need to do to remain functional.  Just don't stall out.  I've seen way too many people here do that.  I've gotta feeling you'll be just fine.  ;)    :thumbsup:

BabyRex,

What does  "don't stall out?", mean ? Just curious as I have never heard that phrase used before in Benzo

tapering.

Happy New Year, Hope you are doing better.

Notforme :angel:

mama2, I take lots of mag at times,,, I dont think it will cause the legs weakness youre talkn about, I think thats probably just old withdrawal.....

Thank you Benzy!

I truly have not seen anyone on Xanax thread, " Not following through on their Plan."

Happy New Year to You!

Notforme :angel:

well I didnt really read all the previous post, but thats the meaning basically of "dont stall out"...

it can mean "dont sit there too long", "dont quit",,, etc..... like a car stalling.....

Hi Challis and Monique,

I was on Xanax Xr and tapered mostly from it. I have previously given Monique some thoughts on another thread. I am happy to help in any way, Monique. I do have to disagree with your doc though. Xanax Xr is exactly the same as regular Xanax except that it takes longer to process in the body. So it is really no different than taking regular Xanax but dosing more frequently. It has a lower rate of interdose w/d because of this. However, none of this impacts the ease or difficulty of w/d due to gaba receptors being down regulated. I'd really caution you on making such a big cut. You might do just fine but trust if you don't it is not worth going faster than necessary. Let me know how I can help!

Hopeful Girl

Thank you, Hopeful Girl!!  :smitten:

Hey Everybody.  Hope you are having a good New Year's Day. 

I hate to be a drag but I am not doing well.  I mean as in crisis.

I don't want to post here and scare anyone because it is not from Xanax withdrawal.  I don't know what is happening to me and that is a good laugh because if it was happening to you I could tell you right away.  But because it is causing a sh*t  storm in me I am freaking and can't see the clear path.

I need another pair or pairs of eyes and a sounding board or two to walk me through what is happening to me and what to do about it.

So if anyone who has read my long ass signature would be willing to help me please PM me.

Thanks so much.

mama2, I take lots of mag at times,,, I dont think it will cause the legs weakness youre talkn about, I think thats probably just old withdrawal.....

Thanks Benzy.

Are you still good with your gait?

Mama  :smitten:

AMEN, AMEN!

Seems a few more might join us in 2014. We are the ones that ROCK~ Keeping to or original Devil that we knew.

Than the one we didn't.

NOT that there is anything wrong with choosing a different avenue. Its just exhausting no matter what you

taper.

Onward to 2014

NFM

I'm not sure where I should post this...So, I'm doing it here, because I'm wondering if it has to do with the Xan.

Why am I craving soda?  I usually drink a small can per day or every other day.  This last week if I didn't stop myself I could easily drink 2 or 3...WTH's going on with this?

Anybody?

FB

Hey Everybody.  Hope you are having a good New Year's Day. 

I hate to be a drag but I am not doing well.  I mean as in crisis.

I don't want to post here and scare anyone because it is not from Xanax withdrawal.  I don't know what is happening to me and that is a good laugh because if it was happening to you I could tell you right away.  But because it is causing a sh*t  storm in me I am freaking and can't see the clear path.

I need another pair or pairs of eyes and a sounding board or two to walk me through what is happening to me and what to do about it.

So if anyone who has read my long ass signature would be willing to help me please PM me.

Thanks so much.

Rebel, I'm so sorry you're feeling SO bad.  I'm hoping someone with some knowledge has PM'd you by now.  Are you doing any better now? HUGS!

Yes mama, my gait has stayed healed, I'm back to swinging my tank of sugar with the best of em honey,,, swishy swish just lika fish :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mo...]
    • [no...]
    • [TH...]
    • [Gy...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Av...]