Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Monique, Im not fully awake yet,, but are your date/months on your sig backwards? or something??

maybe Ill look at it again when I wake up lol

Chillin'  without pillin'    :laugh:

No chill pill Blue,  :)

When I think back during my taper, things got worse for me in 2012. I started a new job and got fired. I could not handle the stress I guess. A short time later, I got another job. But by then I was so shook up from the job failure, I went up to 1.5mgs a day of Xanax. I shook between doses. My anxiety was a 10/10 on a scale of 0 to 10.  The fear that  would never get better took over. I went into a deep depression and attempted to "check out" of life in October of 2012. Obviously, I was not successful.

I have come a long way since that day. I have worked hard to get my body and mind healthy again. I am a success story.

This is my story.

Blue :smitten:

same story here, just not finished yet!!!

My "job failure" was more of general "life failure" though.....

(Im sure yall couldnt tell)

Blue and Benzy,

I'm so glad you are still hear.  Your right, your job on earth is not finished.  Your getting yourselves better with every new day, and now look at all you can offer to those of us who are just starting our journey!

We need you :smitten:

With Love and Hugs,

FluterByee

Ok-I've loved all of Mrs's T-shirt slogans but this is my favorite. I want a shirt that says, "Chillin' without Pillin'"  :laugh:

Mrs

I glad my story helped you. I can not even begin to describe the emotional and physical symptom roller coaster I was on. I hardly recognize the person I was. It is good to be me again. You will be you again too Mrs.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No chill pill Blue,  :)

When I think back during my taper, things got worse for me in 2012. I started a new job and got fired. I could not handle the stress I guess. A short time later, I got another job. But by then I was so shook up from the job failure, I went up to 1.5mgs a day of Xanax. I shook between doses. My anxiety was a 10/10 on a scale of 0 to 10.  The fear that  would never get better took over. I went into a deep depression and attempted to "check out" of life in October of 2012. Obviously, I was not successful.

I have come a long way since that day. I have worked hard to get my body and mind healthy again. I am a success story.

This is my story.

I'm so glad, Blue! You are a success! Thank you for being here. I needed to hear this!

Love,

Hopeful Girl  :smitten:

Ok-I've loved all of Mrs's T-shirt slogans but this is my favorite. I want a shirt that says, "Chillin' without Pillin'"  :laugh:

Agreed. Best T-shirt EVER. :smitten:

Hi everyone. I haven't been around the boards much and havent been posting. I just started coming out of a wave late yesterday, I'm not having a window but I'm doing better. It's been hard to think and it still is. Cog fog, I suppose . I said that I would update you on my kitty. We decided to end his suffering last Friday, his kidneys were just to bad for him to recover. He was 13 1/2 years old.

He's had urinary problems in the past and was on special vet food. There was evidence from past blood work that his kidneys had some problems but the vet said it was nothing to worry about at that time and to keep him on the special food. The vet said that the kidneys can take a drastic turn sometimes and that's what happened.

Of course I have all kinds of questions and what ifs but there is a sort of acceptance starting to manifest.

Wishing you all Windows  :smitten:

Thinking of you as you mourn your dear kitty. Take good care of yourself.

Warmly,

Carita

Hi everyone. I haven't been around the boards much and havent been posting. I just started coming out of a wave late yesterday, I'm not having a window but I'm doing better. It's been hard to think and it still is. Cog fog, I suppose . I said that I would update you on my kitty. We decided to end his suffering last Friday, his kidneys were just to bad for him to recover. He was 13 1/2 years old.

He's had urinary problems in the past and was on special vet food. There was evidence from past blood work that his kidneys had some problems but the vet said it was nothing to worry about at that time and to keep him on the special food. The vet said that the kidneys can take a drastic turn sometimes and that's what happened.

Of course I have all kinds of questions and what ifs but there is a sort of acceptance starting to manifest.

Warmly,

Carita

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved cat Iwant2befree.

Dear Friends,

Thinking off you all...wishing you well.  I am grateful our lives have come together for this time of healing. Knowing I am not alone in this helps me find the strength to do it day after day. Your strength, determination, honesty and humor hold me on this path. Thank you.

Here it is 2014. I thought I would be finished with tapering and healing...another life lesson in patience. I AM finished with two tapers and have 1 mg of V to go. I see small signs of healing. This all deserves celebration. Today I had the strength to shower and shampoo in the same session. I woke with less pain, I felt excited about breakfast...small things but I will never take them for granted again.

Happy New Year friends. May 2014 be one of comfort and peace.

Love.

Carita

Since magnesium is a muscle relaxant, could that be causing my leg weakness?  :idiot:

Mama  :smitten:

I'm not sure about that Mama...but I doubt it. Weakness is a common withdrawal complaint. Jelly legs is mentioned often. I am sorry you are having this. Wishing you well.

Love,

Carita

Carita,

You've come so far.  Healing will be just around the corner for you.  You might as well keep it slow till the end.  I'm happy you are seeing signs of healing!

:smitten:

Warmly,

Carita

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved cat Iwant2befree.

I too am sorry Iwant2BFree.  My cat hasn't eaten a bite today.

Blue,

Needed your post today.  Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Carita,

I can relate to the showering and shampoo all in one session.  I'm glad you are feeling signs of healing.  It is the small things indeed that keep us going.

I do appreciate everyone here and I love the humor.

Love to you all,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [En...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Sh...]