Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Rebel,

I have a cat that had a growth on his mouth.  I had it removed.  It has come back in less than a month. He is  still eating.  He is 17 years old and an outside cat.  Do you think he is in pain?  I know it is probably just around the corner that I will have to put him down. 

Thanks

Mama

Sorry I put this in the wrong thread.  Rebel, if you could reply in the off topic thread I would appreciate it.

Mama

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Ill just say this, if anyone has a question about whether Im on Xanax, verses any other benzo, and its important for you to know for whatever reason, I'll gladly take a face pic of myself holding my Xanax up to the camera so you can see for yourself, if the mods will let me post it here to settle the issue, or I can try to find another way to get it to you....

I went and found 3 bottles, one from the end of 2012 thats a 1 mg, because I was at 2 mgs Xanax daily when I started, and one from the middle of 2013 that are .05's, due to my tapering I got some smaller mgs to make it easier, and one current bottle of .25's, cause Im almost off the Xanax..

Other than Xanax, I take 50 metoprolol, divided into 2 doses a day, I can include those in the pic as well....

if anybody really gives a s###

Yesterday and today have been pretty decent days, so far.  I am now 8 days into holding and I think (HOPE) the nightmare of symptoms has ceased.  Not to say that if I don't continue to ride low and easy here that things couldn't get riled up again with very little trigger, so I'm going to keep on taking things easy for probably the whole rest of my hold (20 days or so).

I went back and did the math on my cuts:

Cut One: 10 Days to execute: 10.59% cut

*then a 10-day hold

Cut Two: 10 Days to execute: 11.848% cut

*then a 10-day hold

Cut Three: 10 Days to execute: 13.4428% cut

*then a 10-day hold

Cut Four: 10 Days to execute: 15.5347% cut

*now a 28-day hold

I moved from 0.10mg to 0.06mg (so a total of a 40% drop) over the course of 80 days (almost three months); who'd of thought it would knock the wind out of me like that, LOL? :o:laugh::sick:  Such a small amount of drug to have such a horse-kick power like that -- I was NOT expecting that at ALL.  I was thinking it'd continue to get easier and easier!  But I guess I have noticed that, as I move into lower and lower dosages, that each 10-day cut I do (followed by my usual 10-day hold) has had me saying DANG by the end of it, and wondering, "WOW -- that was the toughest cut thus far--if it gets much harder than this, I don't know if I should keep going this speed..."  But how quickly I forget these sentiments after I've held for 6-7-8 days!  By the end of Cut Four, I'm grasping for air and desperate for a 28-day hold!

If I continue on my pace, I have 5 more 10-day cuts/10-day holds to go (so, 100 days).  Judging on how rough Cut Three and Cut Four were of this last series, I am a little concerned to just plow my way off the drug.  I think this could leave me pretty unstable once I'm done.  And symptoms absolutely cannot get worse than they were this past week -- it almost took me out of being able to work my 40 hours per week, and that is unacceptable.  So should I slow, or should I go?  I'm leaning towards slowing it down, just to err on the side of safety.  Hopeful and Baby, any thoughts?  Carita?  I know you three reacted similarly to me once you got into the lower dosages, so want to be sure to take advice from those I'm following the footsteps of most closely :thumbsup:  Anything different you would've done towards the end?  Any advice to offer?  I'm open to hearing it :)

Any newbies, don't sweat this...I am in a MINORITY regarding sensitivity to the drug, LOL!  I took it in a hap-hazard way for the entire three years I used it before I discovered I was in tolerance, so I developed much of my own sensitivities to it :thumbsup:  I can laugh about it now, because I'm well aware that this is all temporary.  Doesn't mean that I enjoy it as it happens, of course, but it's not a permanent thing (thank GOD)! :thumbsup:

Much love, y'all :)  And thanks for the input, Hopeful / Baby / Carita :smitten:

FYI, Ill just say this, if anyone has a question about whether Im on Xanax, verses any other benzo, and its important for you to know for whatever reason, I'll gladly take a face pic of myself holding my Xanax up to the camera so you can see for yourself, if the mods will let me post it here to settle the issue, or I can try to find another way to get it to you....

I went and found 3 bottles, one from the end of 2012 thats a 1 mg, because I was at 2 mgs Xanax daily when I started, and one from the middle of 2013 that are .05's, due to my tapering I got some smaller mgs to make it easier, and one current bottle of .25's, cause Im almost off the Xanax..

Other than Xanax, I take 50 metoprolol, divided into 2 doses a day, I can include those in the pic as well....

I have myself involved on the Ativan thread, as well as the Protracted Withdrawal thread, and I'm technically neither...so either way doesn't matter to me.  I just don't offer tapering advice (on the Ativan thread) because I don't use their type of benzo, and I've only ever offered encouraging stories on the Protracted thread of long-time sufferers finally healing fully :)

Identities, medications, whatever -- as long as people add to the positivity and supportive nature of this thread, I'm much appreciative of having ANYONE like that around. :)

I have myself involved on the Ativan thread, as well as the Protracted Withdrawal thread, and I'm technically neither...so either way doesn't matter to me.  I just don't offer tapering advice (on the Ativan thread) because I don't use their type of benzo, and I've only ever offered encouraging stories on the Protracted thread of long-time sufferers finally healing fully :)

Identities, medications, whatever -- as long as people add to the positivity and supportive nature of this thread, I'm much appreciative of having ANYONE like that around. :)

Well said, Sista!!

Denise  :smitten:

It's not necessary or advised to post any personal pics, Benzy.  I don't think anyone wants or needs proof of anything.  We're just here to help each other get through this.

Challis  :)

Hi Mrs. I have some thoughts. I'm off to a doctor appt and to run some work errands but will get back to you later when I'm back online. Just wanted to know you were seen  ;)

Love,

Hopeful Girl

DITTO THAT MRS!!!  IT SHOULDN'T/DOSEN'T MATTER AS LONG AS THE REASON FOR BEING HERE IS ALL ABOUT THE SUPPORT.  IT'S FOR SURE WE ALL NEED IT!

Has this happened before?

Did tapering help?

Denise  :smitten:

Hi Nana,

Yes, it happened before.  Between SX's and the stress of my mom I ended up re-instating.

I know it's tolerance.  I'm ready to get on with the program.  I need to get my supplies and get the shoe on the rude....lol.

Just took some Tylenol to see if that will help with my body aches.  Plus, I took my 1p.m. Xan.  I have had a headache all day.  The back of my occipital ridge is all knotted up and my traps are tense and on fire.

I need a massage therapist. :smitten:

FB

why you waiting til 1/2/14 to start? you dont want your taper to interfer with your NYE parties or something? Whats the difference in tolerance and tapering when youre trying to party like its 1999 and dropping it like its hot???

Not quite sure.  Just trying to stick to my plan.  I was going to start my taper last Saturday and my daughter checked me on what I was doing.  She told me "Mom, what are you doing...just because you feel good today, doesn't mean you should change your plan".

So, here I am today....Blah.

FB

Good Morning!

RM

OMgoodness Rebel,

If this isn't a Song of Love, Support, and Friendship...than I don't know what is.  Perhaps this should be our theme song.  We can't see each other, but we sure know we are out there and always willing to lend an ear to listen, and a voice to comfort.

Support comes in ALL forms....doesn't it!

Thank you for sharing this song.....B E A U T I F U L :smitten:

Hugs,

FB

I want to make something perfectly clear here:

I have been dissed for participating in this forum because I am not currently tapering my Xanax.  I am staying on it for now as I am tapering another drug and do not want to do a multiple drug taper and have unknown variables.  Most of my symptoms are not coming from any problem with a benzodiazepine but, I treat them with the benzodiazepine.

It does not matter in the slightest which neurotransmitter drug you are on whether it is a benzodiazepine, an antidepressant, or even a street drug.  They all affect GABA in one way or another and the subsequent neurotransmitters that the “God of Neurotransmitters: GABA” controls such as dopamine, serotonin, etc.

They all have the same side effects, potential for paradoxical reactions, and withdrawal symptoms.  Even though this is a benzodiazepine forum, the actual neurotransmitter affecting drug is irrelevant.

The ability to receive education and support here applies to each and every one of us on a neurotransmitter affecting drug regardless of the drug class or name.

Rebel Maven

Hi everyone. I haven't been around the boards much and havent been posting. I just started coming out of a wave late yesterday, I'm not having a window but I'm doing better. It's been hard to think and it still is. Cog fog, I suppose . I said that I would update you on my kitty. We decided to end his suffering last Friday, his kidneys were just to bad for him to recover. He was 13 1/2 years old.

He's had urinary problems in the past and was on special vet food. There was evidence from past blood work that his kidneys had some problems but the vet said it was nothing to worry about at that time and to keep him on the special food. The vet said that the kidneys can take a drastic turn sometimes and that's what happened.

Of course I have all kinds of questions and what ifs but there is a sort of acceptance starting to manifest.

Wishing you all Windows  :smitten:

Hello Mrs,

I wonder if you are ahead of your healing at this cutting rate and low dose of X? That is what the symptoms suggest. So many here have systems that need to slow it down towards the end. I would probably slow the rate a bit and see how you do. Perhaps cut for 7 days and hold for 10....there are many ways to do this. You are very in tune with your body...you will figure this out.

Remember when I started cutting V? We all imagined I would be done by now. As of today I hit 1 mg...and even at this tiny non therapeutic dose I feel the cuts. I have slowed the reduction and see some lightening of symptoms. The MH stuff was very frightening and I do not want to go there again. AND the darned A-fib kicked up too...oh goodness. Challis...can't wait for the silver lining of this to show itself!

Mrs, you will find the sweet spot. Slow down a bit....see what happens. My hunch is it will fall into place for the remainder of the taper. You are down to the last bits! What a great accomplishment!

Sending support and friendship,

Carita

She told me "Mom, what are you doing...just because you feel good today, doesn't mean you should change your plan".

...she's right, you know...(IMO) :smitten::thumbsup:

She told me "Mom, what are you doing...just because you feel good today, doesn't mean you should change your plan".

...she's right, you know...(IMO) :smitten::thumbsup:

...now, now, let's not let her hear you say this...lol She loves being right! :thumbsup:  I listened to her, and now I am waiting till 1/2/14...like a good little mother. :angel:

How u doin MRS?

FB

awwwwwwwwww, IW2BF, Im sorry...

you  helped the kitty have a happy full life, and passing...

( I got a bobtail 6 toed kitten that screams nonstop and has constant runnybutt,, if ya need a replacement)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [ti...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [El...]
    • [En...]
    • [ca...]