Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

I thought that was allergies...

when I was a kid, mom had a persian cat and she liked to sleep on my head...and her hairs would stick all over my face and the fan would blow them, drove me crazy, thats what it feels like...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

The random nerve stuff is not pleasant and it can be very irritating in every since of the word.

I find it hard to believe what all these drugs can cause.

FB

P.S. I am highly allergic to long haired cats. Plus, cats scare the heck out of me.  Probably one of my phobias brought on by my anxiety disorder.

Thank you so much you guys!  Unfortunately the window slammed shut so hard it broke the glass.  :tickedoff:  I'm having one of my worst days ever.    :(  Here we go again...

:smitten:

Can you look back and see if there was a stressor that slammed the window shut?

Challis

Challis,

No stressor I know of.  Just a normal night at home with hubby and son.  Benzo lies have taken hold with a formidable grip.  I've spent the day obsessing about how I will never get well.  Cruel beyond belief.  Ughhhh.

Babyrex,

We might all be different in this, but if I had some average to above average stress, the wave would hit the next day or even two days later…delayed reaction but pretty predictable.

The most surprising thing in this entire ordeal was how  :tickedoff: long it took to get better…three steps forward, two steps back… soooooooooooooo long.  I'm not a patient person and have always been incredibly healthy.  This was absolutely debilitating.  But 20 months later I'm good.

Things are overall getting better though, right?

Challis  :smitten:

Challis,

I want to say it's getting better.  But it's no worse.  The acute for me is relentless.  That being said, last night I had a window of 50% !  So there's that! 

I want to keep this thread positive.  But when the SHTF I'll be honest.  I have no intention of scaring anyone, yet B.B.'s deserve to know it can get tough. 

I just want to get to a baseline.  For me acute withdrawal is horrible.  However, when symptoms improve, and I know they will, I will post positive replys.  I know I am healing!

Thank you so much you guys!  Unfortunately the window slammed shut so hard it broke the glass.  :tickedoff:  I'm having one of my worst days ever.    :(  Here we go again...

Can you look back and see if there was a stressor that slammed the window shut?

Challis

Challis,

No stressor I know of.  Just a normal night at home with hubby and son.  Benzo lies have taken hold with a formidable grip.  I've spent the day obsessing about how I will never get well.  Cruel beyond belief.  Ughhhh.

Babyrex,

We might all be different in this, but if I had some average to above average stress, the wave would hit the next day or even two days later…delayed reaction but pretty predictable.

The most surprising thing in this entire ordeal was how  :tickedoff: long it took to get better…three steps forward, two steps back… soooooooooooooo long.  I'm not a patient person and have always been incredibly healthy.  This was absolutely debilitating.  But 20 months later I'm good.

Things are overall getting better though, right?

Challis  :smitten:

Challis,

I want to say it's getting better.  But it's no worse.  The acute for me is relentless.  That being said, last night I had a window of 50% !  So there's that! 

I want to keep this thread positive.  But when the SHTF I'll be honest.  I have no intention of scaring anyone, yet B.B.'s deserve to know it can get tough. 

I just want to get to a baseline.  For me acute withdrawal is horrible.  However, when symptoms improve, and I know they will, I will post positive replys.  I know I am healing!

Looking at your signature, I forgot how early into recovery you are, babyrex… don't worry, I do believe you'll start to see some improvement in the next few weeks.  I think it was six weeks before I noticed a slight change…things started to calm down.    It's coming… wait for it. 

Challis  :mybuddy:

theres a different allergy for long or short haird cats?

yes but as usual no one can agree on it.

Long-haired cats may give off less allergen into their environment than short-haired cats, because their long fur holds the protein against the skin better.

There is some misunderstanding about the cause of allergic reactions to cats. The allergen (cause of allergy) is not the fur itself, but a substance called “dander.” Dander is a microscopic protein that comes from a cat's saliva. Far more dander collects on the fur of long-haired cats than on cats with short hair. This is why allergic reactions to cats with long coats are more common and severe than reactions to short-haired cats.

Personally as a major cat lover and vet I think it is a matter of how efficiently the cat grooms itself or is bathed, brushed, and groomed by the owner and whether or not it goes outside.  For me the long haired ones are worse as they have that downy undercoat that sheds everywhere and I find that more irritating than short haired cat hair.

That is my Xanax Support Blog vs. Chat thread faux pas for the day.  :laugh:

I would like to make a comment here in regards to others comments that have been made here recently. I feel a buddies IDENTITY is not important at all on here. It should not matter who or what this person is, what matters is they have come here for support AND are in reality tapering off from a benzo.

Identity is sacred in this day and age for many reasons and should be respected by all. There are i'm sure at least 50% or more of the buddies on here that are NOT who or what they say they are and that is fine and acceptable. I personally know some of them, but their identity is not of value or importance to me, their battle and journey is what is and should be important. I personally would NEVER consider exploiting them on here and posting their true identity for fear of it bringing them severe suffering and embarrassment in their already difficult life of tapering they are already in.

People like to keep their privacy and identity private for many different reasons.

What should be important is their honesty of the KIND of Benzo they are tapering off from. This allows other buddies to give and receive the appropriate support. Each and every benzo acts and reacts in a different manner in its use and in tapering.

I feel any buddie should be  welcome on any blog for support as long as they are being honest with the type of benzo they are tapering off from. When A buddie is being "deceptive" or "dishonest" in the kind of drug they are tapering off, and living a lie here,  it can cause decention among buddies. I know this has happened on the xanax blog and that is why many of the veterans no longer post on here.

It is hard to give support to someone who you know for a fact is being dishonest about the drug they are on. If the buddie was being honest about the drug it would be just fine to be a support to them understanding that your advice may not be totally correct since it is a different drug that what the support blog is all about.

Those who wish to try with purposeful negative intent to embarrass or judge a buddie for wishing to keep their identity private for their personal reason, should make sure that they are being honest about themselves and their  taper and drug of choice. Judge not least you be judged. I say shame on you. Again there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep your identity private but honesty is vital in your drug of choice and what drug your tapering otherwise your living a lie on here and we are giving support to a lie.

I'm sure i will get a comment from some of you and even a moderator or two but i'm sure there are many of you who will agree with me even though you may not voice it on here but i felt it is time someone said it on the BLOG instead of on the many PM'S that have been shared between many of us on this blog and many others !!! I feel that this post here is very supportive to the xanax blog and its purpose for being here.

I wish you all a speedy recovery and A Happy New year. May 2014 be the best year of all of our live's with lots of healing going on and freedom from benzos happening. Blessing to you all !!!

Itsa beauuuutiful day in the neighborhood!!! THE SUNS OUT!!!

thank gosh, SAD just adds to the mix :yippee:

I slept lika log, forgot to take my dose again, if I wasn't such a weeny I think I could jump already, everytime I miss taking it I sleep all night....

The next cut will be my jump, and it's time, was just OCD about waiting til after the holidays,,, YA HAVE TO KEEP THINGS IN ORDER YA KNOW, 123!!!  :tickedoff:

My fear is...I must be in Tolerance again.  I've been waiting till 1/2/14 to re-start my slow taper.  It's almost hear; however, yesterday and today I can recognize the feeling of the dang anxiety lurking in the background.

It is all I can do to hold it back.  I have had heart palps, dizzy, the feeling when you start breathing more deeply, and than the fear sets in cause you don't want to feel that (BAM) and than here we go.

I have NO taken a rescue dose. I AM riding it out.  I'm not going to lie or sugar coat this....I am terrified about starting my taper; however, I know it HAS to be DONE.

As I told Nana this morning I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck.  My entire body/joints/gut...you name it...it hurt.  Took my morning dose and it calmed it down for about 2 hrs.  also, I'm feeling squirrely.  Having a difficult time typing.  Keep hitting all the wrong keys.  I hope when I talk it doesn't come out like when I'm typing...lol.

Benzy, I'm so happy for you...you made it and your jump is right around the corner! :thumbsup:

God Bless us All with an abundance of H E A L I N G in the New Year to come.

Warm Comforting Hugs to All,

FluterByee

well Ive probably said it before but, I was in tolerance when I started tapering as well....and it got less and less as I tapered, I felt better and better. Ive had some people argue that I wasnt in true tolerance, but Im not gonna be that anal about a definition, in my mind it was tolerance, so I really dont care to argue the finer points of a definition....

I was on Xanax a full year, starting at 2 mgs a day, divided twice daily, I was also on heart drugs, this was to help with out of control arrythmias... I had been on the same heart drugs previously, and they have quite the same side effects for some as the "xanax tolerance", but when things got bad, the Drs upped my heart meds of course....I stuck at the same dose of Xanax for a full year because, for one, it worked and helped stop the problem, and two, Ive always been determined to not let myself get in a situation that I might become a "addict" to anything... so I was determined to never increase the Xanax above 2 mgs, thats was too much in my opinion already..

So while I sat at that dose for a year, and suffered being bed ridden, painful bones, joints and muscles, dizzyness, cog fog, loss of gait, and all the others th ings you read about on here, I blamed it on the beta blocker side effects, because it was similiar, just amplified, but I thought it was because of the increased dosages...

Anyway, after the heart issues settled good I decided it was time to get off the Xanax, and low and behold the side effect symptomos of the "beta blocker" began to subside with each cut, and Ive felt better and better with each cut...

so, like I ALWAYS say, dont absorb the horror stories you read, your story will be personal, those things might not happen to you...and hopefully you'll respond as I did.....

I'll second Bendy here, FB.

I felt like CRAP for almost a year when tolerance hit. And up until recently (like, last week LOL) I've ONLY felt better and better as I've tapered. And I'm UUBER sensitive, LOL!! :thumbsup:

I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised after three month or so of tapering. You won't be able to view "progress" so to speak on a day to day level, and it won't be easy...but I'm betting it won't be any worse than you are right now, and it'll get better and better :)

No worries, no sweat. You GOT this, suga! :laugh:8)

why you waiting til 1/2/14 to start? you dont want your taper to interfer with your NYE parties or something? Whats the difference in tolerance and tapering when youre trying to party like its 1999 and dropping it like its hot???

Rebel,

I have a cat that had a growth on his mouth.  I had it removed.  It has come back in less than a month. He is  still eating.  He is 17 years old and an outside cat.  Do you think he is in pain?  I know it is probably just around the corner that I will have to put him down. 

Thanks

Mama

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Da...]
    • [En...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [...]
    • [Gr...]