Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wonderful place to come and get support :smitten:

Blue :smitten:

I agree.  I can't believe the support I get here.  I love my flesh and blood friends, but I'm unable to see them.  My internet friends are my true lifeline.  As much as I love my family, no one understands benzo withdrawal unless you experience it.  Bless you all. 

:smitten:

Thank you so much you guys!  Unfortunately the window slammed shut so hard it broke the glass.  :tickedoff:  I'm having one of my worst days ever.    :(  Here we go again...

Can you look back and see if there was a stressor that slammed the window shut?

Challis

Challis,

No stressor I know of.  Just a normal night at home with hubby and son.  Benzo lies have taken hold with a formidable grip.  I've spent the day obsessing about how I will never get well.  Cruel beyond belief.  Ughhhh.

Babyrex,

We might all be different in this, but if I had some average to above average stress, the wave would hit the next day or even two days later…delayed reaction but pretty predictable.

The most surprising thing in this entire ordeal was how  :tickedoff: long it took to get better…three steps forward, two steps back… soooooooooooooo long.  I'm not a patient person and have always been incredibly healthy.  This was absolutely debilitating.  But 20 months later I'm good.

Things are overall getting better though, right?

Challis  :smitten:

Hang in there Baby :)

Amazes me how, each time a wave starts, I am shocked and surprised at its intensity! As if I've never experienced those symptoms before or something!! Absurd, I tell ya :P

Once its back for good, I hope I NEVER take for granted just feeling "normal". Or, even a day where I feel good, but maybe things and circumstances aren't as I wish them to be. To just be and feel HEALTHY and SANE, how graciously I hope that I put up with life!! I hope that I never complain about it again! Lord, help me with that!

Love y'all :)

PS: AlmostFree, are you doing alright yet? How's that dizziness coming? Thinking bout you and believing its already past you! ;)

I never fail to be grateful for my newly returned health and contentment with life each and every day now.  Of the recovered people I know, all say the same thing. 

[glow=red,2,300]This is the silver lining, folks.[/glow]

Challis  :highfive:

benzy these are your first 2 posts you ever posted on BB you state you were on VALIUM so when did you cross over form valium to xanax ???

Wow, Im not sure how to use this site yet, but Ive done a LOT of reading. I think maybe Ive been in "tolerance withdrawal?" I only used 10 mg V once daily, occassionally twice, but rarely, I was determined from the start that I wouldn't use a high dose......

From what all Ive read, Ive been having a lot of withdrawal symptoms that are described on this site, even while taking my full dose. A nervous sick feeling, the biggest thing Ive noticed is Ive lost my gait, (if you never heard that saying, it means I have trouble walking a straight line, it takes effort not to look drunk, and I'm a dancer, or was) So, Im wondering if Ive been in tolerance withdrawal, if Im even using the correct term. I havent started a taper yet, I need to find out more about whats going on. My Dr. said to keep on the dose, maybe increase it to 2 times daily, but he also said he was ok with me coming off too. My general Dr. said she wanted me to come off. I want to come off because I can kinda tell its what is making me sick, I cant explalin it, I just know its the V.

Thanks for your replies.

ReplyQuoteNotify

Introductions / hello?

« on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:47 am »

Im not sure Im on the right page. Im trying to post a intro.  I've been on valium for 6 months, low dose, but when I try to cut down on it I get sick (Dr said to stay on it awhile longer, but I don't want to) She said ok. not sure what else to say, found this site while googling :)

ReplyQuoteNotify

I quit smoking last year, and started back after a full year, cause i wasnted too, I just wanted to see if id feel better, and if I could actually do it.. no biggy...

when I started back I smoked the American Spirit Organics (theres good for you, right?)

had to buy some Malboros today cause they were out of the Organics, having symptoms now, theres definitely something in here additive wise that agitates my withdrawal symptoms...

besides nicotene...

I just Googled 'How many chemicals in a Marlboro cigarette?' and came up with 1000.  You know what to do now, right?

Challis  ;)

I almost forgot! anyone had the "stinging buttcheek syndrome" as a withdrawal sxs?

last night, after I finally went to bed, I got a stinging on the outside booty cheek, I jumped outta bed cause I thought a bug was in there with me, it wasnt,, it lasted over a hour, til I passed out.

it was like someone was giving me a shot, barely below the surface of the skin, and slowly twistting the syringe .... it stung, and itched, but more stung... I feel sure its some kind of "nerve thing?

AlmostFreeIsMe,

I know you're upset and I understand why, but there's no reason to be posting someone else's posts and asking for an explanation for discrepancies in their information.  This is a public thread and the posts should be appropriately civil.

You and Benzy need to please ignore one another both on the thread and in PMs.  There is a block feature and you both know how to use it.

Challis

seriously though,,,, Ive read a LOT of people having the stinging stuff..

but can you just have one single needle point spot? or is it always all over?

challis you know as well as I know that benzy does not tale xanax he takes valium we all talked about it a long time ago when he first came on the xanax blog that he got asked to leave the valium blog because of inappropriate posting !! then all of a sudden he was tapering xanax

benzy these are your first 2 posts you ever posted on BB you state you were on VALIUM so when did you cross over form valium to xanax ???

Wow, Im not sure how to use this site yet, but Ive done a LOT of reading. I think maybe Ive been in "tolerance withdrawal?" I only used 10 mg V once daily, occassionally twice, but rarely, I was determined from the start that I wouldn't use a high dose......

From what all Ive read, Ive been having a lot of withdrawal symptoms that are described on this site, even while taking my full dose. A nervous sick feeling, the biggest thing Ive noticed is Ive lost my gait, (if you never heard that saying, it means I have trouble walking a straight line, it takes effort not to look drunk, and I'm a dancer, or was) So, Im wondering if Ive been in tolerance withdrawal, if Im even using the correct term. I havent started a taper yet, I need to find out more about whats going on. My Dr. said to keep on the dose, maybe increase it to 2 times daily, but he also said he was ok with me coming off too. My general Dr. said she wanted me to come off. I want to come off because I can kinda tell its what is making me sick, I cant explalin it, I just know its the V.

Thanks for your replies.

ReplyQuoteNotify

Introductions / hello?

« on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:47 am »

Im not sure Im on the right page. Im trying to post a intro.  I've been on valium for 6 months, low dose, but when I try to cut down on it I get sick (Dr said to stay on it awhile longer, but I don't want to) She said ok. not sure what else to say, found this site while googling :)

ReplyQuoteNotify

Stop this now!!

This is a support board, if you have  nothing supportive to say to members then refrain from posting. You are disrupting the forum and this thread.

pianogirl

I do wanna know about this. anybody?

although I guess it dont matter now, it stopped... just made me real curious..

I do wanna know about this. anybody?

although I guess it dont matter now, it stopped... just made me real curious..

yes, you can have just one spot.

one "needle sized pinpoint spot?

well Id hate to have a whole area of that going on.. :(

Ive had numbness and tingling, but never that...

I thought there was a wasp under the covers at first...

one "needle sized pinpoint spot?

well Id hate to have a whole area of that going on.. :(

Ive had numbness and tingling, but never that...

I thought there was a wasp under the covers at first...

I would've loved to have seen that scene... :laugh:

...on second thought, maybe not... :sick:

yes, Benzy.  One major needle point nerve is over stimulated.  Large areas are milder as it is a cluster of nerves in a location like my neck and shoulders or feet or burning mouth whereas one spot is one really pissed nerve like as in sciatica or a toothache.

AlmostFreeIsMe,

I know you're upset and I understand why, but there's no reason to be posting someone else's posts and asking for an explanation for discrepancies in their information.  This is a public thread and the posts should be appropriately civil.

You and Benzy need to please ignore one another both on the thread and in PMs.  There is a block feature and you both know how to use it.

Challis

I don't usually get involved in this type of thing; however, we are ALL here on this site for the same reason...which is to get better through the support that we all offer each other.

Please do not come here trying to make trouble.

Frankly, a Benzo, is a Benzo, is a Benzo.  No matter if it's Xan, Ativan, or Valium.

Perhaps Benzy is here because this is where he feels most comfortable and gets the most support.

Like Challis said use your block feature or simply stay off this site if your intent is not that of support.

FluterByee

I have had them in one specific area on my foot.  It feels like a sharp sting or like something is biting me.  It makes me want to scratch the spot in hopes that it will go away.

I have also been having weird nerve feelings on my face.  It feels like I have a hair rubbing on my chin or cheek.  I try brushing it away only to realize nothing is there...so, it has to be a nerve.

FB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Da...]
    • [En...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Le...]