Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Although it is none of my business, I was discussing just last night how the line between the support thread and the chat thread is getting way too blurred.  I have an acute awareness when I post of which one I should be posting in but as some of us are so used to conversing with one another I frequently cross this line as well.

I don't mean to stick my nose in or appear bossy, controlling, or step out of line here but, I was sure a Moderator was going to turn up soon so that is why I moved one of my posts from chat to support and one from support to chat.  And sure enough a Moderator did come and remind us and offer suggestions on how to adhere to the guidelines which I think are very reasonable.

Let's all help each other to stick to these guidelines so we don't have any problems and our posts will be where they are of the most benefit to all members.

Thanks so much! :smitten:

Thanks for this Rebel Maven.

Your response is very reasonable and it is much appreciated. 

pianogirl

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends,

I've found that sitting under my heating blanket has been very soothing!  I brought one in to work with me today, and I will be using it often from now on :)  It's very soothing for me.

Wanted to share, in case it could help any one of you too :smitten:

Thank you so much you guys!  Unfortunately the window slammed shut so hard it broke the glass.  :tickedoff:  I'm having one of my worst days ever.    :(  Here we go again...

:smitten:

Oh, sweet babyrex, I am so sorry!!

But, that window is still there and will open for you again!!  :)

That is the promise of this mess, those windows are always there. Sometimes they are tricky to open, but they WILL open.  :)

Denise  :smitten:

I'm so sorry baby!  They don't last long at first.  They get a teenie, teenie, tiney bit longer with time. 

Mrs, I couldn't live without my electric throw and blanket at night.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Thank you Rebel, that was beautiful.

Mama  :smitten:

Thank you so much you guys!  Unfortunately the window slammed shut so hard it broke the glass.  :tickedoff:  I'm having one of my worst days ever.    :(  Here we go again...

Can you look back and see if there was a stressor that slammed the window shut?

Challis

Hang in there Baby :)

Amazes me how, each time a wave starts, I am shocked and surprised at its intensity! As if I've never experienced those symptoms before or something!! Absurd, I tell ya :P

Once its back for good, I hope I NEVER take for granted just feeling "normal". Or, even a day where I feel good, but maybe things and circumstances aren't as I wish them to be. To just be and feel HEALTHY and SANE, how graciously I hope that I put up with life!! I hope that I never complain about it again! Lord, help me with that!

Love y'all :)

PS: AlmostFree, are you doing alright yet? How's that dizziness coming? Thinking bout you and believing its already past you! ;)

Can you look back and see if there was a stressor that slammed the window shut?

Challis

Challis,

No stressor I know of.  Just a normal night at home with hubby and son.  Benzo lies have taken hold with a formidable grip.  I've spent the day obsessing about how I will never get well.  Cruel beyond belief.  Ughhhh.

Amazes me how, each time a wave starts, I am shocked and surprised at its intensity! As if I've never experienced those symptoms before or something!! Absurd, I tell ya :P

Once its back for good, I hope I NEVER take for granted just feeling "normal". Or, even a day where I feel good, but maybe things and circumstances aren't as I wish them to be. To just be and feel HEALTHY and SANE, how graciously I hope that I put up with life!! I hope that I never complain about it again! Lord, help me with that!

PS: AlmostFree, are you doing alright yet? How's that dizziness coming? Thinking bout you and believing its already past you! ;)

Thank you mrsalw,

Hugs

I quit smoking last year, and started back after a full year, cause i wasnted too, I just wanted to see if id feel better, and if I could actually do it.. no biggy...

when I started back I smoked the American Spirit Organics (theres good for you, right?)

had to buy some Malboros today cause they were out of the Organics, having symptoms now, theres definitely something in here additive wise that agitates my withdrawal symptoms...

besides nicotene...

Oh Baby...my hardest days are after a glimpse of wellness when symptoms come on strong. It is easy to forget ever feeling any relief. I've had multiple glimpses lately and they end with a wave so acute my head spins. The ups and downs are so difficult. I am sorry you feel bad.

Sending friendship,

Carita

Mrs...this reflects my feelings exactly....thanks for putting it into words.

Warmly,

Carita

everytime I get the withdrawal side effects its like the first time over again as well, atleast initially,,,

extreme disappointment is how I describe it.....

Oh Baby...my hardest days are after a glimpse of wellness when symptoms come on strong. It is easy to forget ever feeling any relief. I've had multiple glimpses lately and they end with a wave so acute my head spins. The ups and downs are so difficult. I am sorry you feel bad.

Sending friendship,

Carita

Carita,

I'm sitting here crying.  I had no idea it could get this bad.  The window of yesterday is forgotten.  I knew I would need to ask you guys for reminders. 

Mrsalw,

It's so easy to believe waves are the new baseline.  The tsunamis that steal your soul.  Today I have the worst symptoms that I have had.  Thank you for the reminder that this is part of the healing process.

So sorry to hear this Baby. I can share with you that the waves following even a little window always slam really hard for me. It is especially jarring after having been getting even a little relief. Such is benzo w/d, I guess. Hang in there. Another window is coming! I am so proud of you!

Hopefulgirl

Mrs...this reflects my feelings exactly....thanks for putting it into words.

Warmly,

Carita

Me, too.

Love,

HG

Baby dear...it is so hard to believe feeling so bad will ever lead to recovery...but it does. I told my hubby that this is the cruelest of paths....feeling some relief then waves of symptoms. He reminded me the windows are a gift...a reminder of what's to come. Lets believe that when we are being tested like this...it WILL get better. I promise to remind you of that whenever you need.

My therapist reminds me the downs are always harder after even a brief period of wellness. I'm heading off to a late day appointment with her now. I need some wise words and will pass them along.

Thinking of you dear friend.

Carita

Almost Free,

I know you already had some great feedback but I wanted to let you know that horrible dizziness was particularly bad for me until only just recently. I still get it daily but it isn't all day. It is really scary especially when by yourself. I used to crawl to the bathroom and even slide on my bootie down the staircase for fear of falling!  :( It does get better though! Check in and let us know how you are doing! Did you make it to your doc appt?

Warmly,

hopeful

Mrsalw,

It's so easy to believe waves are the new baseline.  The tsunamis that steal your soul.  Today I have the worst symptoms that I have had.  Thank you for the reminder that this is part of the healing process.

Baby,

Yesterday was one of the toughest days, mental-wise, for me.  Benzo-lies right and left, especially about anxiety.  Awful experience.  Today started eh, but better than the previous few days, and tonight I came home from work and invited my husband out to dinner away from the house and had my first normal and full meal I've had since last week.  I haven't even been able to eat, excepting what I call "survival mode" eating (high-calorie and healthy/bland items like nuts & seeds, at ANY time I can handle food in my mouth).  Normal perspective today (thank God). 

Hang in there, girl -- tomorrow is a new day, new opportunity for a nice lovely window :)  Just take today One Day At A Time (my new motto) :smitten:

Love ya! :-*

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ko...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [Id...]
    • [fa...]