Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

AlmostFree, I've had some pretty icky vertigo as well. Usually, if any symptom scared me, it would make it so much worse. Know its withdrawal, and that its going to be okay, and that this will abate, as Juliea said :)

Lol, our Fear Response is so easily triggered in this process, isn't it? Its annoying and a little comical to me now, the way I respond sometimes :P You'll get a kick out of this, AlmostFree...yesterday, I was in such a wave of anxiety that I almost posted to ask if generalized anxiety was a normal withdrawal symptom!! I had to almost laugh at myself for that one, LOL!! Silly, huh?

You're going to be a-ok, friend :) Lie low today, and give yourself a rest :) Lower doses might be a bit of a dog fight to get off of, but you can do it :) One day at a time :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Juliea I just did it 3 times and it seemed to help some. im not as dizzy as before and i just realized that my sinus and ears are very blocked up. I bet that might be part of it. Im supposed to to see the doctor at 3:45 this afternoon and hopefully I can make it and he can help me. Thank you for your help i will keep doing the exercise and i just used some nose spray that usually helps my sinus's. nasacrom. good stuff. thank you agian !!!

AlmostFree, I've had some pretty icky vertigo as well. Usually, if any symptom scared me, it would make it so much worse. Know its withdrawal, and that its going to be okay, and that this will abate, as Juliea said :)

Lol, our Fear Response is so easily triggered in this process, isn't it? Its annoying and a little comical to me now, the way I respond sometimes :P You'll get a kick out of this, AlmostFree...yesterday, I was in such a wave of anxiety that I almost posted to ask if generalized anxiety was a normal withdrawal symptom!! I had to almost laugh at myself for that one, LOL!! Silly, huh?

You're going to be a-ok, friend :) Lie low today, and give yourself a rest :) Lower doses might be a bit of a dog fight to get off of, but you can do it :) One day at a time :)

thank you mrsalw I do appreciate your input here. yes I don't normally get scared of my withdrawals but this one took me for a loop !! It really scared me and yes i'm sure my BP went up due to the stress of it all. I'm used to most of the symptoms so they don't scare me but this was a new one I had not had yet so it did scare me a lot also being alone is scary.

Yes i will take it easy today and hope to make it to my doctor appt later this afternoon. Yes your experience yesterday is funny and I have done that myself. lol. I have done fairly well in my taper but the past two weeks have been hell on earth for me. I'm hoping it lets up a bit and becomes more tolerable. i could not even make it to work today which sucks because i normally make it every day even with symptoms.

Yeah one day at a time and yes these lower doses seem pretty rough. Thank you again for your support I do so appreciate it.

Juliea

I attempted to PM an appropriate emoticon from a web site and it would only copy the address, not the picture. Is sending pictures this way also against the Support Blog policy? Thank you :)

Blue :smitten:

Juliea

'I attempted to PM an appropriate emoticon from a web site and it would only copy the address, not the picture. Is sending pictures this way also against the Support Blog policy? Thank you :)

Hey, Bluebell,

Posting the link to an image is ok.  Just ask yourself this question prior to posting:  does the image relate in some way to my post and is it related to the topic of benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Like my kitty Angelina, for example.  She has been my rock through all of this.  I might say that without my kitty cat, (and then provide a link to her photo), my withdrawal would have been harder.

That is an idea to not only get the link in but to stay on topic on the thread.  ;)

Juliea  :smitten:

Edit:  ps:  I don't think posting an image in a PM would be prohibited.  The images in question are ones that are posted on the forums, (other than Off Topic  or Buddie Blogs).   

Can anyone speak to the intense empty feeling you get during withdrawal?  It's as if I can't conjure up any feelings at all....

does this last the entire taper?

Juliea,

You are still here. Isn't Jerry going really fast, or is it just my benzo brain? Numbers make no sense at all right now.

Jerry,

I feel this way every day.  It'll get better.

:smitten:

I did go pretty fast my first two cuts, but I was way over sedated on the Xanax.  I plan to cut .0625 every week or two or three.

Juliea,

You are still here. Isn't Jerry going really fast, or is it just my benzo brain? Numbers make no sense at all right now.

Jerry,

I feel this way every day.  It'll get better.

Juliea,

You are still here. Isn't Jerry going really fast, or is it just my benzo brain?

I lost 1mg from 3mg to 2mg in one month.  JerryK has lost approx. .75mg in a month and a half.  So, no I don't necessarily believe he is going too fast.  However, if I had it to do over again, I would probably taper off the one mg between 3mg and 2mgs by .125mg per taper period rather than the .25mg per taper like I did.  Then at 2mg, I would have started the .0625mg cut.  I feel that the quickness of my taper at that top end, along with the size of my cut, caused me a great deal of instability.  It took me doing the .0625mg cut for quite a few cuts before my stability returned.  Some people aren't so lucky when they've made quick, rapid reductions and are not able to stabilize between cuts or return to stability.

Jerry, that empty feeling will be gone eventually.  You've just got to hang in there until it passes.  But, it definitely will pass.  I felt better the lower and lower I got in my dose, but only because I tapered slowly.  If I'd tried to jump down quickly, I would have felt worse.  I allowed my body to recover each time I cut.  Hang in there.

Thanks for the support, appreciate the input and validation that my experience isn't unusual. :)

I lost 1mg from 3mg to 2mg in one month.  JerryK has lost approx. .75mg in a month and a half.  So, no I don't necessarily believe he is going too fast.  However, if I had it to do over again, I would probably taper off the one mg between 3mg and 2mgs by .125mg per taper period rather than the .25mg per taper like I did.  Then at 2mg, I would have started the .0625mg cut.  I feel that the quickness of my taper at that top end, along with the size of my cut, caused me a great deal of instability.  It took me doing the .0625mg cut for quite a few cuts before my stability returned.  Some people aren't so lucky when they've made quick, rapid reductions and are not able to stabilize between cuts or return to stability.

Jerry, that empty feeling will be gone eventually.  You've just got to hang in there until it passes.  But, it definitely will pass.  I felt better the lower and lower I got in my dose, but only because I tapered slowly.  If I'd tried to jump down quickly, I would have felt worse.  I allowed my body to recover each time I cut.  Hang in there.

JerryK, if I divide my taper in fouths, that started with me at about the 2nd 1/4th, and lasted to about the beginning of the last 1/4th.... you seem to be at about the same spot that I was in my taper...talking, body scan meditation, and trying to avoid all stress helped...as much as possible anyway...

"Imsaved your just fine and not to worry yourself a bit. You did nothing to upset me at all quite the contrary. I believe that if is not against the rules for me to continue to post on this blog i will continue posting here since i feel at peace here and there are lots of positive vibes here !!!

so its nice to meet and see you all eli, imsaved, skyzone, lily and anyone i forget your name !!! have a peaceful and blessed evening and hope everyone gets a good nights sleep !! The new year is just around the corner and i pray it is a brand new sxs free year for all of us and tons of healing going on !!"

AlmostFreeIsMe, this is a post you put on Bigbabysmomma's old thread recently, its classic "Bigbabysmomma" style.....so...

Bigbabysmomma, its time to cease the charade, everyone knows this is you, but you still seem to be trying to act like its not, all over the thread. I would think you have told your "friends" here via PM that youre back but youre still keeping the act going on the open threads... its time to stop, for you own sake if nothing else, especially if the SXs youre posting about today are true..

I will say this, this thread has been smooth and supportive this last month, and now a moderator has called us down for being lax about the rules, and while this is true, you can see how it looks to me(and others).  Now you're on today posting about serious SX's, so I dont really know if youre truly needing help, or your just wanting to monoplize and control the thread again. So, I dont know if I should haved compassion or be mad, truly I dont, and I cant think of a nicer way to say this, but I think it needs to be said...

If you really are having the problems that you say you are, I can tell you this from personal experience, this charade is only adding greatly to whatever withdrawal SXS's you might be really having. I think if you stopped the act, it would be a HUGE load off your system, whether you realize this or not.  You might not think this is stressing you at all, but I think it does, it takes a lot of energy to do things like this, whether you think its fun or not, and again, I think it would take a HUGE load off of you if you would stop the act..

Its for nothing really at this point, coming back under a new name, or incognito, and posting nice and quiet is one thing (and greatly apprecitated by  me), but continuing this charade is quite another, whether its malicious, or serious, or otherwise... You dont have to pretent to be someone else, just be yourself and keep your post here friendly, like AlmostFreeIsMe has been doing, and everything will remain smooth and be just fine, and I bet it will make things a lot easier for you if you are in fact having problems.. :thumbsup:

"Imsaved your just fine and not to worry yourself a bit. You did nothing to upset me at all quite the contrary. I believe that if is not against the rules for me to continue to post on this blog i will continue posting here since i feel at peace here and there are lots of positive vibes here !!!

so its nice to meet and see you all eli, imsaved, skyzone, lily and anyone i forget your name !!! have a peaceful and blessed evening and hope everyone gets a good nights sleep !! The new year is just around the corner and i pray it is a brand new sxs free year for all of us and tons of healing going on !!"

AlmostFreeIsMe, this is a post you put on Bigbabysmomma's old thread recently, its classic "Bigbabysmomma" style.....so...

Bigbabysmomma, its time to cease the charade, everyone knows this is you, but you still seem to be trying to act like its not, all over the thread. I would think you have told your "friends" here via PM that youre back but youre still keeping the act going on the open threads... its time to stop, for you own sake if nothing else, especially if the SXs youre posting about today are true..

I will say this, this thread has been smooth and supportive this last month, and now a moderator has called us down for being lax about the rules, and while this is true, you can see how it looks to me(and others).  Now you're on today posting about serious SX's, so I dont really know if youre truly needing help, or your just wanting to monoplize and control the thread again. So, I dont know if I should haved compassion or be mad, truly I dont, and I cant think of a nicer way to say this, but I think it needs to be said...

If you really are having the problems that you say you are, I can tell you this from personal experience, this charade is only adding greatly to whatever withdrawal SXS's you might be really having. I think if you stopped the act, it would be a HUGE load off your system, whether you realize this or not.  You might not think this is stressing you at all, but I think it does, it takes a lot of energy to do things like this, whether you think its fun or not, and again, I think it would take a HUGE load off of you if you would stop the act..

Its for nothing really at this point, coming back under a new name, or incognito, and posting nice and quiet is one thing (and greatly apprecitated by  me), but continuing this charade is quite another, whether its malicious, or serious, or otherwise... You dont have to pretent to be someone else, just be yourself and keep your post here friendly, like AlmostFreeIsMe has been doing, and everything will remain smooth and be just fine, and I bet it will make things a lot easier for you if you are in fact having problems.. :thumbsup:

OK, let me just say at this point that it is NOT against our rules for a member close their membership and come back under another name, per se, as long as they have no malevolent intent.  Several members have done this in the past for various reasons.  Also, unless said member changes their writing style they are usually "exposed" by others.  This is fine too, as long as no rules are broken.

Please everyone, let's not make this into a big deal.  Stick to forum rules, and everything will be alright.

:thumbsup:

Megan

Im trying to be supportive, to "everyone"  ,, I didn't know how else to say it, or make it any "nicer"

I have no intent of turning it into drama, in fact I don't have anything else to add period.

I hope they get their healing too, along with the the of us

I totally agree with Benzy on the Bibbabysmomma vs. AlmostFreeIsMe issue.  But as long as AlmostFreeIsMe remains within forum guidelines we will have to respect that.  No one is being forced to respond to his/her posts but I do think that bringing it to his/her awareness was appropriate.

So let's remain aware of the situation but just drop it.

End of conversation - for all of us, please.

I'm having a 50% window, kids.  It's unbelievable as I thought I was going to die most of the day.  I know it will slam shut, so please remind me when I come back begging for help.

So happy for you Baby...isn't it wonderful? I felt like I was meeting a long lost friend when I had mine. I am back to the baseline symptoms now...but know more windows wait. Best to you...You are healing!!

Carita

Although it is none of my business, I was discussing just last night how the line between the support thread and the chat thread is getting way too blurred.  I have an acute awareness when I post of which one I should be posting in but as some of us are so used to conversing with one another I frequently cross this line as well.

I don't mean to stick my nose in or appear bossy, controlling, or step out of line here but, I was sure a Moderator was going to turn up soon so that is why I moved one of my posts from chat to support and one from support to chat.  And sure enough a Moderator did come and remind us and offer suggestions on how to adhere to the guidelines which I think are very reasonable.

Let's all help each other to stick to these guidelines so we don't have any problems and our posts will be where they are of the most benefit to all members.

Thanks so much! :smitten:

I'm having a 50% window, kids.  It's unbelievable as I thought I was going to die most of the day.  I know it will slam shut, so please remind me when I come back begging for help.

So happy for you Baby...isn't it wonderful? I felt like I was meeting a long lost friend when I had mine. I am back to the baseline symptoms now...but know more windows wait. Best to you...You are healing!!

Carita

I am also happy for you Babyrex. Let's hear it for wide open windows.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ko...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [Id...]
    • [fa...]