Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

I don't understand how I could feel decent yesterday, and like crap today.  This is confusing when you are in the middle of it.

Same here,  feel almost normal one day, then totally like hell the next.  Recovery is not linear I guess.

and I'm choosing to believe you start to recover during your taper as you teach your brain to use it's native GABA capability.

Yeah, I guess that is a good thought.  Maybe your body/brain needs to feel like crap to realise "hey we don't have enough GABA here, we need to increase it". It's just weird how non-linear this is.

I'm wondering if maybe it could have something to do with the size of pills I'm taking.  It seems like most people here can be effected by .0625mg changes.  I have the .5mg pills, and take 1 + bite the other one in half.  I know 2 nights ago it seemed like I took the bigger half of the tablet, and last night I had the smaller half of the tablet.  That could be a pretty big swing I suppose.  Or, maybe I'm just grasping at straws and trying to find some kind of logical connection/pattern that doesn't exist.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how I could feel decent yesterday, and like crap today.  This is confusing when you are in the middle of it.

Same here,  feel almost normal one day, then totally like hell the next.  Recovery is not linear I guess.

and I'm choosing to believe you start to recover during your taper as you teach your brain to use it's native GABA capability.

Yeah, I guess that is a good thought.  Maybe your body/brain needs to feel like crap to realise "hey we don't have enough GABA here, we need to increase it". It's just weird how non-linear this is.

I'm wondering if maybe it could have something to do with the size of pills I'm taking.  It seems like most people here can be effected by .0625mg changes.  I have the .5mg pills, and take 1 + bite the other one in half.  I know 2 nights ago it seemed like I took the bigger half of the tablet, and last night I had the smaller half of the tablet.  That could be a pretty big swing I suppose.  Or, maybe I'm just grasping at straws and trying to find some kind of logical connection/pattern that doesn't exist.

Will your doc let you slow down your taper to the .0625 cuts?

Healing is not a linear path upwards... It zigs and zags like a stock chart.  As long as it keeps climbing up though, no matter how many small valleys there are, I consider that success! Measure your healing by weeks not days, and take each day one at a time.  :smitten:

Well, my doc really isn't in the mix in this whole thing so I can go at whatever rate I want.  Was planning on going tomorrow to see the doc anyways, but he's just a GP.

Unfortunately my PDoc that prescribed the Xanax became super unreliable and took 3 months to get back to me last time.  So, now my GP put in a request for me to see a new psychiatrist.  But, haven't gotten a phone call from them yet on any kind of appointment. 

Thank you for saying this because that is exactly how things are going for me today.  Yesterday...pretty good...Today, anxiety is looming in the background. 

There have been several times today where I thought I was going to go into total panic.  WTheck's up with that.

FluterByee :tickedoff:

:'( :'( :'(I just watched that Hachi Dog movie on TV :'( :'( :'(

my onery bulldogs wouldnt waste one day waiting on my...

Benzy, since you love animals so much...I'm going to take a picture of our dog BLAZE.  We got him from Adopt a pet when he was 6-wks old.  They told us he is part Lab & G. Shepard, but most that seem him think he is a Pitt.  He's a mutt, but the best dog we have ever had.  So GENTEL. Everyone loves him.  He is 7 now.

And, Hachi is a good movie!!!

FluterByee

Anxiety, Anxiety...please go away, and don't ever come back  here to stay >:D

Cause your makin me miserable...dangit!!!! :tickedoff:

FluterByee

P.S.  I'm in my rocker tryin to rock my anxiety into the outer limits.  It's ticking me off :tickedoff:  I don't think my mom should have come home from the Nursing Home...It's STRESSING me out :'(

Well, my doc really isn't in the mix in this whole thing so I can go at whatever rate I want.  Was planning on going tomorrow to see the doc anyways, but he's just a GP.

Unfortunately my PDoc that prescribed the Xanax became super unreliable and took 3 months to get back to me last time.  So, now my GP put in a request for me to see a new psychiatrist.  But, haven't gotten a phone call from them yet on any kind of appointment.

My GP is the one who prescribed my Xanax so I'm hoping he will be on board with the small tiny cuts when the time comes.  Will your GP prescribe in the event you aren't able to get a new pdoc ASAP?

Thank you for saying this because that is exactly how things are going for me today.  Yesterday...pretty good...Today, anxiety is looming in the background. 

There have been several times today where I thought I was going to go into total panic.  WTheck's up with that.

FluterByee :tickedoff:

FB man oh man I'm relieved to hear you say that! Anxiety today has been...unpleasant, let's just say.

I pray for it to fade soon, for both of us. The only time I've experienced it like this was my first year on the drug. I'm walking on total faith in it fading forever. Amen. :thumbsup:

FluterByee

P.S.  I'm in my rocker tryin to rock my anxiety into the outer limits.  It's ticking me off :tickedoff:  I don't think my mom should have come home from the Nursing Home...It's STRESSING me out :'(

FB, I don't know if it's appropriate to say in this thread since it isn't the faith based forum, but I will be praying for you.  Hopefully it's OK to say that  :)

My GP is the one who prescribed my Xanax so I'm hoping he will be on board with the small tiny cuts when the time comes.  Will your GP prescribe in the event you aren't able to get a new pdoc ASAP?

Yeah, my GP's been prescribing it for me. 

No idea how long it takes to get a Pdoc though.  Hopefully not too long.  It's been a few weeks already.  I realise that it's the Christmas season, but you would think they'd be quick with this sort of thing.

FluterByee

FB, I don't know if it's appropriate to say in this thread since it isn't the faith based forum, but I will be praying for you.  Hopefully it's OK to say that  :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and Of course that's OK.  We need to have FAITH and PRAYER's always.  That's what will help us get through this.

Hugs,

FluterByee :smitten:

Since people are starting to post pictures of animals, I thought I would post one of babyrex.

Here he is in all of his glory.

[nobbc]http://i.imgur.com/avebiJ5.png

[/nobbc]

What is he??? Other than freaking adorable! Cairn terrier? Part Wookiee? ;)

edit: deactivated image in quote

~Juliea

I'm having a 50% window, kids.  It's unbelievable as I thought I was going to die most of the day.  I know it will slam shut, so please remind me when I come back begging for help.

:smitten:

FluterByee

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and Of course that's OK.  We need to have FAITH and PRAYER's always.  That's what will help us get through this.

Hugs,

FluterByee :smitten:

You've got it, you're on my prayer list.  :)

mac,

I bought him locally in my small town, and he was marketed as a pure-bred Yorkie.  He's not because his fur is somewhat curly, but he is adorable nevertheless!  He is my sidekick. My buddy.  I have 3 "sorta" yorkies, and I love them all.

I'm much better today since I got rid of my sausage balls.

Oh my...my mind just went to some inappropriate places with that comment...sorry... :oops::nono::2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

He's adorable baby!

Glad you are finally having a small window.

I'm much better today since I got rid of my sausage balls.

Mama  :smitten:

Thank you mama!

I have a glimmer of hope today.  I really needed this.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [En...]
    • [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Li...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [On...]
    • [ke...]
    • [Sl...]