Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Rebel,

You mentioned you could not walk.  This is what I'm experiencing now.  When did it get better for you?

Mama  :smitten:

When I reinstated.  Sigh.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel,

You mentioned you could not walk.  This is what I'm experiencing now.  When did it get better for you?

Oh no!  How long were you like that?  I can't remember did you do a rapid taper?

Rebel,

Oh no!  How long were you like that?  I can't remember did you do a rapid taper?

From 12/2012 to 11/2013 - 11 months.  I rapid tapered off three neurotransmitter drugs at the same time.

I sure wish the GABA healing was linear, it would sure make this whole darned process much easier!!!

We all do Rabbit.  Benzo withdrawal is one of the most non-linear processes that I've ever run across in my life as far as recovery goes.  However, we do eventually recover.  Just not in a straight line. 

I sure wish the GABA healing was linear, it would sure make this whole darned process much easier!!!

Yes it would but it is not.  Think about how they start you on a low dose of a drug and taper you up to a "therapeutic level". 

For example, Prozac gets tapered up every 2-3 weeks.  But for me it takes at least two months to feel the affect of a dose increase.  So they upped the dose every two weeks and overdosed me and here I am now only 4 months later and I am suffering horribly and screwed again.  When I rapid taper off the drugs only takes a hours until I start feeling like shit and by three weeks I have crashed and I am immobile.

My doctors latest idea was to CT.  I would have been in the ER within 24 hours and diagnosed as "severe discontinuation syndrome" a fancy phrase for "severe withdrawals".  And they would have reinstated me at the full dose which would not be enough to stop the withdrawals at that point and I would need higher doses of the drugs that I was originally on.

Snarl.

Well I guess I have some good news for day 5.

The last couple days I've been displaying some 'illness' and 'sick-role' behaviours that are normally attributed to benzo withdrawal (namely withdrawaling from social behaviour).  It's kind of like when a dog feels sick he'll go hide under the bed and not want to be near others. 

Tonight I've noticed that my palps are noticeably better, and I actually initiated some conversation with people on facebook, text, and phone.  The last couple days if people messaged me I pretty much ignored it, and just wanted to stay in my room with the door closed. It's weird being aware of this behaviour as it changes.  These benzos are friggin powerful.

Hopefully this means the worst of my first .25mg cut is behind me.

Good Morning All. I have a question. So i'm going to list my symptoms and i'm curious which ones of them you all believe are withdrawals !! Im still feeling bad and am beginning to believe it is ALL withdrawals and i'm not really sick here because it has been relentless and not gotten any better with 5 days of antibiotics.

Nerve pain in my entire body like a burning aching pain >>>>>>Muscle aches all over >>>> lower abdominal pain >>>>>headache >>>.weakness in my body especially in my legs >>>>>>>>.lethargic >>>>>>dizzy >>>>>>lower back pain >>>>>cramping in my abdomen >>>>>>feeling hot >>>>>burning stomach>>>>>just feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck !!!

So what do you all think ??? A bad wave of withdrawals ???? I have felt this now endlessly for 9 days without much relief and that's not normal for me. none of my tricks in my bag of tricks is working for me !!!  appreciate any and all responses. Enjoy your Sunday !!

Good Morning All. I have a question. So i'm going to list my symptoms and i'm curious which ones of them you all believe are withdrawals !! Im still feeling bad and am beginning to believe it is ALL withdrawals and i'm not really sick here because it has been relentless and not gotten any better with 5 days of antibiotics.

Nerve pain in my entire body like a burning aching pain >>>>>>Muscle aches all over >>>> lower abdominal pain >>>>>headache >>>.weakness in my body especially in my legs >>>>>>>>.lethargic >>>>>>dizzy >>>>>>lower back pain >>>>>cramping in my abdomen >>>>>>feeling hot >>>>>burning stomach>>>>>just feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck !!!

So what do you all think ??? A bad wave of withdrawals ???? I have felt this now endlessly for 9 days without much relief and that's not normal for me. none of my tricks in my bag of tricks is working for me !!!  appreciate any and all responses. Enjoy your Sunday !!

sound like a great set of withdrawals to me...although I dunno if you'd run a temp with withdrawals, Im sure some will say you can, it seems anythings possible....

you say the Dr said it was a bladder, colon thing.... have you had any problems with your "male parts", did he check your prostate?... although I guess a antibiotic woulda covered that as well, infection wise anyway...

stay positive!!! that always helps me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sound like a great set of withdrawals to me...although I dunno if you'd run a temp with withdrawals, Im sure some will say you can, it seems anythings possible....

you say the Dr said it was a bladder, colon thing.... have you had any problems with your "male parts", did he check your prostate?... although I guess a antibiotic woulda covered that as well, infection wise anyway...

stay positive!!! that always helps me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello Benzy, yeah that's what i'm beginning to think here now. Well I don't have the temp anymore and i guess that was because of the bladder infection which seems to be better, That's the only symptom that has gotten better. My doctor did a complete exam on me checking all parts and he said the 2 things that were with symptoms were my bladder and colon. He said he has recently seen a lot of folks come in with the same symptoms and there has been some crazy bacterial infection that has been in either the bladder or colon or both, so he felt that this was my issue down there.

yes i'm staying positive and my doctor said to just try and stay acceptant of it all and it will pass what ever part is withdrawals but i can tell you one thing. I'm NOT eating in that D_M buffet again  lol. This does suck and I don't want to go through this again. But I do believe that I will still do my cut tonight and see what happens. Maybe a cut will do the trick and make me feel better. If not I can go back to the dose i'm on now !

it could be msg's I guess, a lot of people have problems with that, or maybe the food was bad..

did it bother your wife at all?

Yeah I have heard people have problems with many foods and additives. I have not noticed that I have had this issue until now maybe !!! No wife dude i'm single  lol and i ate there alone so don't know if food was bad. it tasted great but the doctor did say that this bacterial infection i got could have come from the buffet from germs on the utensils. I don't know but no one has caught it from me so i'm not sure about that !! I didn't think bacterial infection were contagious only virus things !! ?? :idiot:

So now i'm thinking about all the food I eat and if any of it is causing the symptoms and waves  lol  are there foods that typically rev people up ??  maybe i'm eating stuff I should not be now that i'm lower in my dose ?? I eat pretty healthy but maybe im eating stuff that is not good for me right now !! this is freaking nuts here  lol. I have not worried about any of this till now.

i don't eat sugar or caffeine. I don't drink alcohol, i eat organic meats and vegetables. No gluten, whole grains, I have been eating a lot of these Mung Bean thread noodles. They are a little high in carbs but have not gained weight from them. My doctor told me to stay away form gluten while tapering so i found these noodles and eat them quite often.

cutting/tapering/withdrawals,,, that in itself is enough to cause the symptoms, it doesnt have to be something you did....

I see youve been surfing the faith threads, so I would say just stay positive, lean on your faith and ride it out.... :thumbsup:

I swear you remind me of someone but I just cant put my finger on who.. :idiot:

I just used the Arnicare Gel for my lower back pain.  I had immediate relief!  :yippee: I put it on after showering like Carita said.

Thank you Hopeful and  Carita for recommending it!

Hi Mama,

I've been MIA for a couple of days so I just saw this! Great news!  :)

Love,

Hopeful Girl

hopeful, you ever have numbness in your fingertips? not tingling, just numb, just a little..

Ive had it on both hands, more towards the outside (little fingers) the last couple of days..

I did get hurt messing with that horse the other day and its been since then.. so I mighta messed up my back too, and that could be it. never had it bother me like that before while having back problems, though I have just had the tingling in one hand from back/nerve problems..

this is just numb, and in both hands...

anybody else?

Welcome to the Xanax thread AlmostFreeIsMe.  I'm sorry you've been feeling rough.  The fever sounds suspicious to me.  I did have times during my taper that I felt like I was running a fever, but when I took my temperature it was normal.  I'll bet you did have some kind of infection and this also flared your benzo withdrawal symptoms.  Your symptoms are very much like what I called the benzo flu.  Since you are having the nerve pain like you describe, if I were in your shoes I would wait for this to subside prior to cutting again.  I'm afraid that if you do a cut you could find yourself feeling much worse than you do now.  I did a few cuts when I was 'slightly' symptomatic, (mainly a headache), and got some relief.  However, if nerve pain had been one of my symptoms, I would not have gone ahead and cut.  To me, nerve pain is a symptom not to be ignored.  It seems to be your bodies way of saying ... hold the taper for a bit.  This is what I'd do, I'd hold.

Also, last Christmas I had the most severe symptoms of my entire taper.  The symptoms were stress induced and never showed back up again after the holidays were over.  Maybe you were feeling a bit stressed with Christmas on top of the infection and this is what caused an increase in symptoms. 

I didn't have a problem with food sensitivities.  However, I did not drink coffee or alcohol during my taper --- avoided those like the plague.  Anything else, I could tolerate.

Hang in there and I do hope that you'll be feeling better soon. 

Hello,

I c/t from Xanax about a year ago.  Reinstated after about 3 months later to no effect at all.  Have had all the symptoms but am now mostly recovered (85%) and have been tapering (liquid), since about 2 months ago.  However, I still have strong head pressure, which I believe is the last major symptom remaining from the initial c/t.  Should I wait and hold until the head symptom is gone or continue tapering the reinstated dose?  I am taking Xanax 6X daily, by dissolving 0.125mg in 100 ml of water (total theoretical daily dose is 0.75 mg).  Current intake is 43 ml (2 am), 66 ml (6 am), 97 ml (10 am), 97 ml (2 pm), 97 ml (6 pm) and 97 ml (10 pm).  As of about 1 month ago, the liquid taper is extremely slow - 1 ml a day for 4 days and a hold for 10 days.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kantu 

hello, Im clueless about your predicament...

Julia the brain is around though, shell prolly answer you in a bit..or someone that knows will...

sounds good that your 85% healed already though  :thumbsup:

Hi Kantu.  Since you say that you reinstated and this had no effect at all, do you mean that you got no relief from the reinstatement?  I'm not certain how this could be since you also say that you're at about 85% recovered.  It sounds as though the reinstatement did work.

As far as head pressure, this was one of my main symptoms when I was tapering.  My headaches and the head pressure were frequent, but on some days this was better and on some days this was worse.  In fact I used the head pressure as a gauge to tell me when I could cut again.  If the head pressure was bad, I usually continued to hold for a bit until this subsided.  I'd try to cut on a day that the head pressure wasn't there.  I made a few cuts when I felt headachey and got some relief from the cut.  However, we are all so different when it comes to this benzo withdrawal business and what gave relief to one person may make the other person feel worse. 

I don't know what to advise you in this situation.  I know that if the pressure was really bad, I would hold for a bit longer.  I hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks Benzy and Julia,

I know the reinstatement did not work as I went through all the major symptoms that we are all too familiar with, even after reinstatement.  If I had not reinstated, I would probably be done by now, but that is water under the bridge.  For a while, I started the Gingko protocol and was doing very well, as I was tapering down rapidly with the night doses, until the head pressure became unbearable.

I will go ahead with the slow taper.  Also, am now planning to even out the doses, as cutting the night doses first started giving me intermittent sleep, but am doing better with sleep with the help of Mag Glycinate, L-Theanine, and body scanning meditations.

Thanks,

Kantu   

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ch...]
    • [El...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [On...]
    • [ke...]
    • [ge...]
    • [...]
    • [...]