Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Ugh. Had a rough waking; lots of heart symptoms & the panic/anxiety that graciously follows. I'm wearing an event monitor that tracks the heart rates, and just called it all in, and the nurse said all looks normal excepting the tachycardia (doctor talk for fast heart rate). Good news :) Just really fighting the urge to go to the doctor anyways, ya know? Feeling very nauseated and shakey, post-event. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this phase of taper passing along soon. Sweet body, find your balance and rhythm again soon! This last little cut made an angry little elf of my body, LOL! Whew Benzy, believe you me...I am VERY MUCH looking forward to having a hard time remembering how poopy this felt!! Bring on those times, amen!

Anyways, 'buff about me. How's everyone else's morning going? Windows I am hoping for you all!!

MRS,

How is it when your in the throws of something that literally scares the pants off of you...(YOU) are able to make it have and sound like something positive?

Perhaps, you should start giving online classes... ;)

I LOVE YA FOR IT!!!!!!

Super glad to hear all is healthy with your heart, but sorry you had the tachycardiac event.  That is NO FUN, NO FUN, at all.

I pray for your body to have a healing day...getting you closer to being completely Benzo free.

Hugs to ya MRS,

FluterByee :smitten:

That's very kind of you to say, FB. I appreciate it, and I'm glad I'm coming across so positive :) I'm so done with being scared all the time, you know? NO MORE. That doesn't mean that I enjoy stuff when it happens, LOL, but no use hating and wishing it away. It WILL fade, and I AM healed, its just manifesting on the outside as we speak. No fear, like Denise said :)

Carita dear...LOL, it used to be the mental stuff that was my least favorite, but now I'm not so sure -- one thing for sure is: ME NO LIKEY.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I get how we all need to be positive.  But I'm in the throes of withdrawal and I don't appreciate those who come back and marginalize the tortuous withdrawal symptoms. 

Just on this page, there were those that were begging for help. Or tearful whiners.  But as they heal, they are suddenly experts on "doable" withdrawals.  It's not that bad, they say. 

Just because you get a freaking window does not allow you to dismiss the past.  Tell it like it is.

I'm with baby here. 

I'm always wanting to post when I feel really bad because I'm scared.  I don't want to viewed as a whiner.  I understand people want to hear the positive. I need to hear that others who have been down this road have had, or having some of the same symptoms as me.  I have been told it is not good to compare as we are all different, and I realize that, but it helps me not to feel so alone if I find out that others are having some of the same symptoms as I am.  It seems to me it is always referred to as," I'm in a wave."  Well, I would like to know what kind of symptoms are you having.  It makes me feel like what I'm going through is normal.  I feel it is the protocol here to ask these questions  only on the withdrawal and recovery thread so as not to scare the newbies which I understand.

I like to hear the positive stories and stay away from the horror stories also, but it seems there is a fine line as to what to put out there for fear of offending people.  I feel people will avoid me if I post how bad I really feel. I'm trying to go down this road with dignity but it is so hard when you are in the thick of it.

Mama

Hi Mama & Baby,

I hear ya.  Here's the thing...I am terrified, and I haven't even started my taper yet.

I know I have whinned and will whine again and again, and I don't care what someone else may think of me.  Everyone will always have some sort of an opinion.

This is my first time ever to be on this type of site/forum/thread whatever it is called, and this I do know for sure.  I do/will/and have received MUCH support.

If there are times, and I have had them where you don't want to post for everyone to see...pick a buddie that you have made a connection with and send them a PM.  I'm open anytime, and I will always respond.  I have done this myself. 

Us being able to talk about how we feel on what ever level...from good to down right HELLISH is exactly what this site is all about.

I hope you both have a better day today.  You are in my thoughts, as are all my buddies.

My feeling for this day....I'm anxious/pissed/agitated/lonely/whinny....and searching for a glimmer of positivity....lol.  So, for now I'm gonna do laundry :sick:

Love and Hugs to everyone,

FluterByee :smitten:

Thanks Fultter!

Mama  :smitten:

Well,

I just got checked by my daughter!

I got up feeling pretty good this morning...so, I decided to start my taper today.  She just held me accountable, and told me...Well, mom your not sticking to your plan.  The whole reason for you working with MRS and going suuuuper slow is to try and avoid SX's.

I got told, and she was right....so, I just took my remaining 1/4 pill.  GOD....I LOVE MY DAUGHTER'S!  THEV'E GO MY BACK :smitten:

FB

I have a cold...yuck!!!  I know it will go away, but when I am in the throes of it, I have a hard time remembering what it was like to feel good. I need to start moving  today. My body is stiff from laying around the past couple of days. 

Oh the humanity of it all. :tickedoff:

Blue  :sick:

Well,

I just got checked by my daughter!

I got up feeling pretty good this morning...so, I decided to start my taper today.  She just held me accountable, and told me...Well, mom your not sticking to your plan.  The whole reason for you working with MRS and going suuuuper slow is to try and avoid SX's.

I got told, and she was right....so, I just took my remaining 1/4 pill.  GOD....I LOVE MY DAUGHTER'S!  THEV'E GO MY BACK :smitten:

FB

It is wonderful you have a supportive daughter.

Blue :smitten:

I have a cold...yuck!!!  I know it will go away, but when I am in the throes of it, I have a hard time remembering what it was like to feel good. I need to start moving  today. My body is stiff from laying around the past couple of days. 

Sorry to hear you have a winter cold bluebell, have you tried chicken noodle soup yet?  If I could I would bring some to you for your ache body.. :smitten:

Sending you a big hug  :therethere:

Molly :smitten:

Sorry to hear you have a winter cold bluebell, have you tried chicken noodle soup yet?  If I could I would bring some to you for your ache body.. :smitten:

Sending you a big hug  :therethere:

Molly :smitten:

I do feel a little better after your hug, Bond...Molly Bond.

Blue

I hope it aint that  crap I had awhile back.....that took forever to go away...

well, the initial sick was over in just 3 days or so, but it got in my chest and stayed there a couple of months...Ive never experienced that before, I sounded like one of those gurlgling babies that you wonder how they can breath.....

babyrex:

mrsalw:

bluebell:

I hope you all are feeling better. Wish I could do something for you. :)

flutterbye: Great to hear about your daughters!  You all are fortunate to have each other!

Everybody:

Good morning!

Nice to have such a positive blog.  I will continue my taper  after the holidays I hope.  My doctor let me drop a few months ago and said to "live your life at this level" before next drop.  He has seen some people try to get off before they should and the anxiety just comes flowing back.  I was a mess when I first started seeing him.  Anxiety through the roof.  His experience with tapering Xanax XR is not what is recommended here so we will have a goof talk before I agree to what to drop to.  I few of us on here will be tapering at the same time so that will be nice to have others with maybe some the same symptoms or none at all.  Good Luck to all of you and thanks to everybody for the support and suggestions and Benzy...your post crack me up.  Always truthful and very helpful.  :) :)

Monique

Gracias  Monique! stick around, others will show up soon, I gotta go take a power nap..

Weezer/Weezy/Weeza, on Fried Green Tomatoes I think,, Shirley MacClain... the Wicked Weeza..

why you in such a good mood Weeza? run over a small child on the way to work this morning? :laugh:

So which one of us are you referring to as Weeza this morning?

Anyone see this answer and I just don't?  Damn Cog Fog anyway.... :laugh:

Thank you Benzy.  LOL mrsalw

Sorry, I've had an absolutely hellish acute withdrawal for the past month.  I'm still in bed and scared to death.  I'm snapping at everyone except for my dogs.  At least with the cuts I would get a little relief for a few days.  But this 24/7 is hell on earth. 

Newbies, you should know that you probably won't be as bad as me.  But I do want my story out there in case you do have a severe taper.  I will heal and I know it.  As I get better and better I'll be able to really help those who are having the worst of times.  I've had nearly every symptom including partial seizures, so I will be able to talk you off the ledge, so to speak.

Most of you will not be anywhere near as severe as me.  Please take comfort in that.  I'll try not to throw anymore temper tantrums, mrsalw.  :laugh:

:smitten:

Sorry, I've had an absolutely hellish acute withdrawal for the past month.  I'm still in bed and scared to death.  I'm snapping at everyone except for my dogs.  At least with the cuts I would get a little relief for a few days.  But this 24/7 is hell on earth. 

Newbies, you should know that you probably won't be as bad as me.  But I do want my story out there in case you do have a severe taper.  I will heal and I know it.  As I get better and better I'll be able to really help those who are having the worst of times.  I've had nearly every symptom including partial seizures, so I will be able to talk you off the ledge, so to speak.

Most of you will not be anywhere near as severe as me.  Please take comfort in that.  I'll try not to throw anymore temper tantrums, mrsalw.  :laugh:

I didn't see it as a temper tantrum, lol!!

...but I did almost bust out that pokey eye emoticon though!!! :laugh:

I hope you're feeling better very soon. I keep telling myself: more symptoms = more healing, at this stage of the game anyways.

One day at a time :)

Hi BabyRex, I'm a newbie and your story does scare me.  Why do you think your sx are so bad?  Have them been bad all along even before you jumped?

I get how we all need to be positive.  But I'm in the throes of withdrawal and I don't appreciate those who come back and marginalize the tortuous withdrawal symptoms. 

Just on this page, there were those that were begging for help. Or tearful whiners.  But as they heal, they are suddenly experts on "doable" withdrawals.  It's not that bad, they say. 

Just because you get a freaking window does not allow you to dismiss the past.  Tell it like it is.

I'm with baby here. 

I'm always wanting to post when I feel really bad because I'm scared.  I don't want to viewed as a whiner.  I understand people want to hear the positive. I need to hear that others who have been down this road have had, or having some of the same symptoms as me.  I have been told it is not good to compare as we are all different, and I realize that, but it helps me not to feel so alone if I find out that others are having some of the same symptoms as I am.  It seems to me it is always referred to as," I'm in a wave."  Well, I would like to know what kind of symptoms are you having.  It makes me feel like what I'm going through is normal.  I feel it is the protocol here to ask these questions  only on the withdrawal and recovery thread so as not to scare the newbies which I understand.

I like to hear the positive stories and stay away from the horror stories also, but it seems there is a fine line as to what to put out there for fear of offending people.  I feel people will avoid me if I post how bad I really feel. I'm trying to go down this road with dignity but it is so hard when you are in the thick of it.

Mama

Mama,

I think this thread is welcoming; it's just that many here did not have a really bad time.  I'm sure you've noticed I can go a really long time without writing people; it's because I am generally too sick to write.  If people don't reply to me I try not to take it personally.  The posts can really fly through here and I know I miss many.

I don't generally go into too much detail about symptoms, but I think it's perfectly ok to do so.  Hang in there mama.  You've gained incredible ground and it will get better

babyrex:

mrsalw:

bluebell:

I hope you all are feeling better. Wish I could do something for you. :)

flutterbye: Great to hear about your daughters!  You all are fortunate to have each other!

Everybody:

Good morning!

Thank you Rebel!

I like it when you get mad and fight back :tickedoff: To me it means withdrawal and Benzos will never win.  :oXo:

Blue :smitten:

babyrex: I could have written this post exactly the same as you did regarding my experience.  It helps me to see this and know there truly are others who understand.

You and I are the worst case scenarios.  It is frightening for others, especially newbies, but if they listen to us and follow a dynamic slow microtaper with long holds, they can do this and exponentially lessen the withdrawal symptoms.  But it is hard to hear that and do it when all you want is off the drug(s) right NOW, so I understand.

I totally understand you. 8)

Hi BabyRex, I'm a newbie and your story does scare me.  Why do you think your sx are so bad?  Have them been bad all along even before you jumped?

Hi Rabbit,

Until about August my taper was pretty "normal".  3-5 days after a cut I would get slammed hard.  I would be bedridden for a few days and then things would gradually ease up, and this is how I knew I could cut again.  But from about September it became harder and harder for me to get back to baseline.  .25 mg and below was the worst.  I've been bedridden for months.

That being said, many of the people here had difficult but manageable tapers.  Many continue to work and go about their lives.  TrueSouth was a recent member, and he felt great in a matter of months.  So please don't  be afraid. 

To tell you the truth, I was absolutely ruthless with myself about cutting.  I never gave myself a break.  As soon as I felt just a tiny bit better I would, BAM, cut again.  The reason I did it this way was because I was terrified of stalling out.  You will see many posts of people that are unwilling to even take a small amount of pain; thus they reinstate to a point where they are "comfortable".  That thought just scared the heck out of me.  I wanted off, and this was the way I had to do it. 

Cut yourself some slack while you are tapering.  .0625 mg is a great place to start but you may have to slow it down and reduce your taper amount.  At some point you may have to switch to a titration- mrsalw is our resident expert.  Start off slow. Don't make this a race. Listen to your body and keep pushing forward no matter what.  And for God's sake don't reinstate when it gets rough.  If you start off slow and wait at least two week between cuts, you'll be able to do this. 

Babyrex, That  is awesome you are off.  Now you can heal.  It's scary symptoms may get bad but it helps to hear about what may happen in case  someone that is new to this is experiencing it.  It shows them it is normal and a process that is so different for everyone.  I can't wait to say I am off!

Monique 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ty...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [bi...]
    • [SB...]