Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Benzy, Carita, Rebel Maven, Mrsalw, thank you so much for the words of encouragement.  I sincerely appreciate it.  It's hard not to look at the really tough stories of folks losing their jobs and not be scared out of your wits.  I'm going to do my best though.  Thank you!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Rabbit,

Please do not be frightened. Remember many of the folks here are the toughest of cases. There are many more people who can taper with minimal symptoms. It is doable....no matter what arises you will be able to manage it. You will surprise yourself.

I apologize  for not welcoming all of the newcomers. This last week I have had some blocks of feeling well and have been fully enjoying time with my family. Then I have periods I am not clear minded enough to participate. It is all part of the healing process.

I welcome you Rabbit and the other new folks. You can do this. Keep coming here, read the positive success stories, learn skills to cope with mental and physical discomfort and believe in your strength. It is challenging but as the recovered folks say...it is worth every bit of effort and discomfort because life is wonderful without benzodiazepines.

Best to you Rabbit...you are moving in the right direction.

Warmly,

Carita

good evening Carita its very nice to meet you. I am new here today and am happy to be here with everyone. I have gotten great support so far and have enjoyed hearing the "good" stories for those are the ones i absorb  lol. it can be easy to absorb the bad stories but beneficial to close your mind to the bad or negative stuff. you hang in there looks like you have had a long journey but your doing it and that is what matters. keep your eye on the finish line to your new you !! Happy New year and may it be a wonderful new year  and life for you !!

Im sure theres a lot of people that have successfully  easy tapers, they dont come here, because they dont need the support, but even here, theres some with easy tapers, I would say Im one of them.......you could very well be too...

DONT ABSORB THE BAD STORIES....

very good post Benzy !!!

ok....

I've been feeling quite a bit of anxiety today.  Starting to question if what I'm doing is right.  I'm trying to remind myself that this is temporary, and my brain is having to adjust to increase gaba sensitivity, but I don't seem to be able to convince myself of that.  Instead I feel like screaming like a little girl.  Just seems like no end in sight.  Is it normal to think that you are never going to feel good again when going through this?  I just want some 'proof' that I'm in the middle of the worst (4-5 days after last reduction), and that it subsides....  Bleh.

Carita and Mrsalw, I sure hope I'm not one of the super sensitive ones.  Your stories scare me.  I'm not very mentally or physically tough, I crumble pretty easily especially if I don't get sleep.  I applaud you both and hope I can follow in your footsteps to success.

Hi Rabbit11,

I am going to use a word that Mrs likes.  Like them, I am UBBER Sensitive too :) and, if you are as well than take comfort in knowing that Mrs and Carita have and are making this journey before us.  They are very positive and always have AWESOME advise and words of encouragement.

I will be starting my snails pace water taper on 1/2/14. Mrs has been soooo helpful.  I'm not kidding when I say I will be going extremely slow.  My taper will be 1mL.  I am really scared as I tried tapering for over a month by dry cutting, and I had to re-instate due to SX's and high stress at home.

I worked on stabilizing, and now I am praying I will be body and brain ready on the 2nd.

You couldn't be amongst a better bunch of caring people. They will help however they can.

Welcome, and best of luck.

FluterByee

bahaha, stevies screamin lika gurl :laugh:

do a body scan meditation... do them religiously,, listen to meeeeeeee, youre in a traaaaaaance

body scan meditation, on youtube, its free, they talk you through it, one of my main tools...

Is it normal to think that you are never going to feel good again when going through this?

Hahaha this made me laugh!! Yes, it is totally normal :)

Please know that I'm not laughing at you, of course...I'm just giggling because I've asked myself the same question a thousand times :P Ive often thought its similar to asking if its normal to feel hungry if you haven't eaten for twelve hours or something :P Totally a great question to ask; NEVER feel dumb or silly to ask questions okay? I hope I didn't make you feel that way...

Dear Rabbit,

Please do not be frightened. Remember many of the folks here are the toughest of cases. There are many more people who can taper with minimal symptoms. It is doable....no matter what arises you will be able to manage it. You will surprise yourself.

I apologize  for not welcoming all of the newcomers. This last week I have had some blocks of feeling well and have been fully enjoying time with my family. Then I have periods I am not clear minded enough to participate. It is all part of the healing process.

I welcome you Rabbit and the other new folks. You can do this. Keep coming here, read the positive success stories, learn skills to cope with mental and physical discomfort and believe in your strength. It is challenging but as the recovered folks say...it is worth every bit of effort and discomfort because life is wonderful without benzodiazepines.

Best to you Rabbit...you are moving in the right direction.

Warmly,

Carita

good evening Carita its very nice to meet you. I am new here today and am happy to be here with everyone. I have gotten great support so far and have enjoyed hearing the "good" stories for those are the ones i absorb  lol. it can be easy to absorb the bad stories but beneficial to close your mind to the bad or negative stuff. you hang in there looks like you have had a long journey but your doing it and that is what matters. keep your eye on the finish line to your new you !! Happy New year and may it be a wonderful new year  and life for you !!

What a nice wish you have given me. Thank you. I believe we can all make it to the end of our tapers and heal fully from the damage the drugs have caused. Our bodies are amazing...we just need to give them time to recover. I wish you the very best...it is all within reach.

Warmly,

Carita

Lol, thank you Rebel, Benzy, and mrsalw.  Your comments actually picked up my mood a bit.  For the record, I didn't say I was screamin like a girl.... Just that I felt like it, haha.

I took my nightly .75mg of xanax, and seemed to calm down a bit for the time being.  I'll check out this body scan meditation thing benzy.  I tried following some kind of meditation thing a year ago on youtube, but had no idea what they were talking about in all honesty.  A lot of the terms were foreign to me, and I didn't know if I was doing it right, so I quit, haha.

Mrsalw: Don't worry I can take a good ball busting.

I get how we all need to be positive.  But I'm in the throes of withdrawal and I don't appreciate those who come back and marginalize the tortuous withdrawal symptoms. 

Just on this page, there were those that were begging for help. Or tearful whiners.  But as they heal, they are suddenly experts on "doable" withdrawals.  It's not that bad, they say. 

Just because you get a freaking window does not allow you to dismiss the past.  Tell it like it is. 

Rex, I know your in a hard place, but even though we're all in the same boat, we're in different boats as well, we need to allow others that are finding relief to enjoy it as well..

Since you use the word "doable" I feel you were talking to me, and thats OK, so I will elaborate...

Ive been up and down, thats true, but on the other side of the side effects, when I get "a window" or whatever it is, (I just say the side effects are over, I dont know if Ive ever had a window)... but I look back and analyze things, ask myself, was it really as bad as what I thought, or what I said? For me, and the way my brain works, I have to do this, because Im one of those types that if I dont,  I'll absorb everything I read on here, and be the worst case the site has ever seen.... I exaggarate, to try to give cyber people a good picture of what Im going through, and my brain listens to my mouth, which can make me or break me..I figure theres more like "me" on here....so I think its important to state these things for the others, so they dont fall into that same trap that I would.....

I apologized just the other night, after a major anxiety attack (oops, see... there I go,, it wasn't really major after all) but it was enough to show me that I dont know what a lot of people are  going through, and I wanted everyone to be sure that I realize that, but the anxiety attack reminded me of how it could be, it was bad enough, but I realized that I dont know how bad it is for others, like yourself..... unless I think about it during those times that I do have withdrawals....

Anyway, theres others like me on here... theres others like you......

Its important that both get what they need, so when newbies come along and I sense that they could use this type of advice/support, its important that they can have it...

When I do look back, the things Ive experienced were very "doable" and "not that bad", although in the middle of it I thought I might die, alone....withdrawal side effects are withdrawal side effects, regardless of how many you have, or dont have...so its an important factor...

When I first started I really didnt have anyone to guide me and remind me of these types of things, such as absorbing all the bad you read on here, or how to re-analyze "how bad, or not bad" the events actually were... or weren't. Its only because I had previous coping skills that I had learned that I was able to over come that problem in me...it worked for me, as a individual.....

So for me, and others like me, the majority of this is mental, and easily managed if we recognize that... if I didnt know this (about myself) I would had had a really hard time, so I want to help others that I see that I feel might be in "my boat"...

This doesnt in any way disregard you and others who are having a hard go of it..

Its important that everyone gets what they need.... you know that you could come here and we would all stop in our tracks to help you in any way you need.......

We dont need to dismiss the past, but we sure dont need to dismiss the present...

I get how we all need to be positive.  But I'm in the throes of withdrawal and I don't appreciate those who come back and marginalize the tortuous withdrawal symptoms. 

Just on this page, there were those that were begging for help. Or tearful whiners.  But as they heal, they are suddenly experts on "doable" withdrawals.  It's not that bad, they say. 

Just because you get a freaking window does not allow you to dismiss the past.  Tell it like it is.

Then look what you have to look forward to in the future.  Becoming one of "them".

It is just like a woman having a baby.  During the delivery she is screaming her ass off suffering and vowing to never do this again.  Then a year later she has forgotten all about it and gets pregnant again by choice.

Or an alcoholic worshiping the porcelain goddess all night and swearing to God, promising him everything, that they will never have another drink as long as they live.  As soon as they feel better they get drunk again.

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it."

~George Santayana

**bam!!** now, there's the Babyrex I know and love!!

:laugh: :laugh: love ya girl.

Im either manic, or having a window, Im still talking to someone that I hung up the phone with several hours ago.. :idiot:  Theyre not answering me tho ???

Im either manic, or having a window, Im still talking to someone that I hung up the phone with several hours ago.. :idiot:  Theyre not answering me tho ???

ROFLMAO!!!! :2funny:

I'm with baby here. 

I'm always wanting to post when I feel really bad because I'm scared.  I don't want to viewed as a whiner.  I understand people want to hear the positive. I need to hear that others who have been down this road have had, or having some of the same symptoms as me.  I have been told it is not good to compare as we are all different, and I realize that, but it helps me not to feel so alone if I find out that others are having some of the same symptoms as I am.  It seems to me it is always referred to as," I'm in a wave."  Well, I would like to know what kind of symptoms are you having.  It makes me feel like what I'm going through is normal.  I feel it is the protocol here to ask these questions  only on the withdrawal and recovery thread so as not to scare the newbies which I understand.

I like to hear the positive stories and stay away from the horror stories also, but it seems there is a fine line as to what to put out there for fear of offending people.  I feel people will avoid me if I post how bad I really feel. I'm trying to go down this road with dignity but it is so hard when you are in the thick of it.

Mama

Ugh. Had a rough waking; lots of heart symptoms & the panic/anxiety that graciously follows. I'm wearing an event monitor that tracks the heart rates, and just called it all in, and the nurse said all looks normal excepting the tachycardia (doctor talk for fast heart rate). Good news :) Just really fighting the urge to go to the doctor anyways, ya know? Feeling very nauseated and shakey, post-event. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this phase of taper passing along soon. Sweet body, find your balance and rhythm again soon! This last little cut made an angry little elf of my body, LOL! Whew Benzy, believe you me...I am VERY MUCH looking forward to having a hard time remembering how poopy this felt!! Bring on those times, amen!

Anyways, 'buff about me. How's everyone else's morning going? Windows I am hoping for you all!!

Oh, Mrs, I am so sorry that you are going through this. The heart stuff has been my biggest issue since I c/t'd the xanax.

Just don't be afraid of it. And, if the Dr wants to try some meds, please consider it.

A low dose of Propranolol (10 mg) has helped me to sleep at night without all of the thumps and bumps. I still wake up with just a little of the heart stuff, but much much better than it was.

I will certainly keep you in my prayers!!

Denise  :smitten:

Ugh. Had a rough waking; lots of heart symptoms & the panic/anxiety that graciously follows. I'm wearing an event monitor that tracks the heart rates, and just called it all in, and the nurse said all looks normal excepting the tachycardia (doctor talk for fast heart rate). Good news :) Just really fighting the urge to go to the doctor anyways, ya know? Feeling very nauseated and shakey, post-event. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this phase of taper passing along soon. Sweet body, find your balance and rhythm again soon! This last little cut made an angry little elf of my body, LOL! Whew Benzy, believe you me...I am VERY MUCH looking forward to having a hard time remembering how poopy this felt!! Bring on those times, amen!

Anyways, 'buff about me. How's everyone else's morning going? Windows I am hoping for you all!!

MRS,

How is it when your in the throws of something that literally scares the pants off of you...(YOU) are able to make it have and sound like something positive?

Perhaps, you should start giving online classes... ;)

I LOVE YA FOR IT!!!!!!

Super glad to hear all is healthy with your heart, but sorry you had the tachycardiac event.  That is NO FUN, NO FUN, at all.

I pray for your body to have a healing day...getting you closer to being completely Benzo free.

Hugs to ya MRS,

FluterByee :smitten:

I'm with baby here. 

I'm always wanting to post when I feel really bad because I'm scared.  I don't want to viewed as a whiner.  I understand people want to hear the positive. I need to hear that others who have been down this road have had, or having some of the same symptoms as me.  I have been told it is not good to compare as we are all different, and I realize that, but it helps me not to feel so alone if I find out that others are having some of the same symptoms as I am.  It seems to me it is always referred to as," I'm in a wave."  Well, I would like to know what kind of symptoms are you having.  It makes me feel like what I'm going through is normal.  I feel it is the protocol here to ask these questions  only on the withdrawal and recovery thread so as not to scare the newbies which I understand.

I like to hear the positive stories and stay away from the horror stories also, but it seems there is a fine line as to what to put out there for fear of offending people.  I feel people will avoid me if I post how bad I really feel. I'm trying to go down this road with dignity but it is so hard when you are in the thick of it.

Mama

Hi Mama & Baby,

I hear ya.  Here's the thing...I am terrified, and I haven't even started my taper yet.

I know I have whinned and will whine again and again, and I don't care what someone else may think of me.  Everyone will always have some sort of an opinion.

This is my first time ever to be on this type of site/forum/thread whatever it is called, and this I do know for sure.  I do/will/and have received MUCH support.

If there are times, and I have had them where you don't want to post for everyone to see...pick a buddie that you have made a connection with and send them a PM.  I'm open anytime, and I will always respond.  I have done this myself. 

Us being able to talk about how we feel on what ever level...from good to down right HELLISH is exactly what this site is all about.

I hope you both have a better day today.  You are in my thoughts, as are all my buddies.

My feeling for this day....I'm anxious/pissed/agitated/lonely/whinny....and searching for a glimmer of positivity....lol.  So, for now I'm gonna do laundry :sick:

Love and Hugs to everyone,

FluterByee :smitten:

Oh, Mrs, I am so sorry that you are going through this. The heart stuff has been my biggest issue since I c/t'd the xanax.

Just don't be afraid of it. And, if the Dr wants to try some meds, please consider it.

I am working on this part quite diligently, I can assure you!! :P The doctor and cardiologist both said they'd give me a beta blocker if I'd like, for my comfort. But for now, I'm opting to hold out. I'm going to give it a good, full month here and reevaluate at the end of it. I'm calling its bluff--I'm choosing to put my faith in that its a symptom that is going to dissipate over this month here while I hold. And I'm just going to take things one day at a time. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Right? Well, here I am -- so, one bite at a time ;):P;D

I'll probably be visiting and posting more in order to help me distract and cope. With your heart rate, was it also "inappropriate sinus tachycardia" (i.e. elevated heart rates for unknown causes)? Or did you also have an arrhythmia? Also, any chest pain or nausea? Thanks for being here, Denise :) Its really such a help!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ty...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [bi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [mo...]