Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Hey Rebel, when I do get something you could possibly help with via the intronet I'll track you down quick......last night, it quickly became obvious THA I was just one of those weird "hiccups".....no telling what it was, although I've come up with the only theory I can put together, it's still weird and iffy...

You need to get well and move to southark! Business is garauteed and waiting!!

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I get an emergency, I just can't pack up and trailer to Texas A&M anymore...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve you mentioned interdose withdrawals,,,  had a slight problem with that, instead of dividing my dose, I take a bet blocker, metoprolol, it helps emmensely, if you're on good terms with your dr he might give you a low dose one like mine, lots of People use this successfully, it makes it less stressful than doing more doses...

ps, if you're gonna split up your doses, I'm no sure that you add to your total dose of mgs, I think you just split your current dose up to 3 or 4 equal doses..

Lacey23. Benzy has given you some really good advice and he's really good with the numbers.

Benzy. Sounds like you have a farm for special animals.

Ouch.. did your horse break your ribs previously or recently?

Steve you mentioned interdose withdrawals,,,  had a slight problem with that, instead of dividing my dose, I take a bet blocker, metoprolol, it helps emmensely, if you're on good terms with your dr he might give you a low dose one like mine, lots of People use this successfully, it makes it less stressful than doing more doses...

ps, if you're gonna split up your doses, I'm no sure that you add to your total dose of mgs, I think you just split your current dose up to 3 or 4 equal doses..

I split my daily dose into  4 equal doses. It helped doing that.

Lacey23 you'll get your taper just right for you and I've seen how good benzy is with the numbers i wish I was. I'm glad he's here to help you.

ya Rebel you told me, remember I said get your butt well and move back to arkansaw, since our equine vet retired recently...

I aint paying nobody for a phone consultation for them just to tell me "hell, I dunno whats going on there, never heard that one before!"...

I do not charge for a phone consultation and my clients can call me 24/7.  Like I said I know they can't afford a farm call and if I have to go out on a farm call there are many times when I don't charge at all based on need.  I even Skype with clients in their barn so I can "see" what is going on with the patient.  Obviously I am not in to this for the money.  I am retired and this is a "Community Service" I provide just because it is my passion to help others and to help horses.

There is however a steep "Stupid Charge".  If you fed him 50# of oats as a treat for Christmas and he is colicing now I am going to charge you something or if you have no money then we will have to barter.

Hey Rebel, when I do get something you could possibly help with via the intronet I'll track you down quick......last night, it quickly became obvious THA I was just one of those weird "hiccups".....no telling what it was, although I've come up with the only theory I can put together, it's still weird and iffy...

You need to get well and move to southark! Business is garauteed and waiting!!

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I get an emergency, I just can't pack up and trailer to Texas A&M anymore...

Anytime.  I'll always do what I can.

Yeah, I was going to talk to my doctor about that when I see him in a few days.

Don't know what to think of this interdose withdrawal thing.  Currently I'm taking all my xanax once a night.  But, when I tried taking additional xanax in the morning (per my doctors way of fixing this interdose anxiety) I started feeling pretty depressed and fatigued. So, I'm not sure I really want to be under the influence of a benzo during the day.  I started having some pretty depressed thoughts, and just wanted to lay on the couch all day.

I guess that is why I want to get off the stuff fast.  I don't feel like dealing with interdose withdrawals and want to stop before they get worse, or I end up having to take xanax during the day (and feel depressed as a result). 

It seems like if I just limit any amount of stress to none, then the inter-dose withdrawals are bearable for the time being.  But, if I give myself something to stress over (even something tiny) then I can get irritable, worked up, and stressed in a hurry. 

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to run it by you all here as you are so knowledgeable and experienced and I need some help here ASAP. 

I need your ideas and suggestions for my Xanax interdosing schedule change as it is not going well.

I was on 2.5mg SID at bedtime for sleep with the occasional 0.5mg-1mg for situational anxiety.  As advised here my symptoms appeared to be tolerance and interdose withdrawal.  So I began splitting the dose up multiple times a day two weeks ago.

I am dosing TID.  In the morning I take 0.25mg.  In the afternoon/evening I take 0.25mg.  At night I take the balance of the dose which is 2.0mg.

After a few days of doing this I started to feel stoned all day and it is getting worse every day, lol! :o

So does this mean I have not reached tolerance?

Am I not in interdose withdrawal from the Xanax?  I can hardly stay awake on 0.25mg which is crazy because i used to not even be able to sleep on 4mg.

Could taking it more frequently even though I am not increasing the daily dose make me this stoned even though I am taking only 0.25mg q8h twice a day in the daytime?

I don't think that I have moved in the last week or so.  I just want to drop. :sleepy:

What's up with this?

Thanks

Then I gave out some more information in that same thread after it was suggested that my GABA functionality was impaired.

In 2010 I did a rapid taper of several serotinin enhancing drugs (5HTP and chromium) and nearly died from the withdrawals.  In 2011 I did a rapid taper off multiple serotonin enhancing drugs (Prozac and trazodone) and gabapentin.  I had the worst withdrawals and was bed ridden and suicidal for around 9 months, near death again.  I realize how damaging this was in hindsight but certainly did not at the time.

If my brain has lost some of its native GABA functionality how is that effecting this Xanax problem exactly?

In your opinion will my GABA functionality ever heal?

What do you think I should do about the Xanax making me so stoned?  I can't taper down or off of it right now and I feel like I am taking it for nothing regarding sleep as the trazodone I had to reinstate knocks me out completely and I have not had a panic attack in a long time.

I also had to reinstate Prozac and have just started a very slow taper off of it but it has only been a week so I did not think that this would potentiate the Xanax until further down the road.  I have been on as much as 4mg of Xanax per day for over 20 years.  That is why I don't think it is tolerance and would be interested to hear more about the relationship between this and GABA functionality.

Thank You

Thanks for reading it and please let me know what you think.

Well, while I full agree that I'm all that and then some, to be fair, I'm just paying forward what others told me when I first came here  :thumbsup:

Pianogirls the one that exposing the .0625 deal to me, as the Ashton manual taper was confusing to me.....it's worked great for me...one more dose and I'm done!!

ps. Ya, avoid all stressors, jus leave it and walk away..

Check out "body scan meditation" on utube

Oh I misundrstood you Rebel, I didn't realize the consultation was a goodwill, HOW STRANGE!!

ps. Just so you know, well probably get spanked shortly by a moderator for suggesting exchanging personal contact info.... Not that we've done that...jus sayn  :P

Oh I misundrstood you Rebel, I didn't realize the consultation was a goodwill, HOW STRANGE!!

ps. Just so you know, well probably get spanked shortly by a moderator for suggesting exchanging personal contact info.... Not that we've done that...jus sayn  :P

Well as of yet we are not exchanging anything other than posting on a thread.  You can always PM me but I'm obviously not on here 24/7 so if you have a vet emergency we would have to exchange contact info in some other manner of subterfuge.  It's not like we are looking for a hook up or a drug dealer here, lol.  :laugh:  Unless, of course, if I move back to Arkansas....just kidding! ;)

Just trying to help a great guy and his horses.  :angel:

Lacey23. I know you're worried about your taper and want to know what to do and understand it all. I wish I was able to give you some great answers and on a less foggy day I might be of some actual help minus taper numbers. There are some well knowledged articulate people here. With it being Xmas the board and forums are at a crawl but you will get some answers  ;) 

if my last posts seem to have strange words and such in them its because I was on my phone, the dang spell check changes words and I dont see them until I reread it later...

IW2BF, every time I see your name I think of that song by Queen, I love that song...

if my last posts seem to have strange words and such in them its because I was on my phone, the dang spell check changes words and I dont see them until I reread it later

They did not seem anymore screwed up than usual to me.... :smitten:

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to run it by you all here as you are so knowledgeable and experienced and I need some help here ASAP. 

I need your ideas and suggestions for my Xanax interdosing schedule change as it is not going well.

I was on 2.5mg SID at bedtime for sleep with the occasional 0.5mg-1mg for situational anxiety.  As advised here my symptoms appeared to be tolerance and interdose withdrawal.  So I began splitting the dose up multiple times a day two weeks ago.

I am dosing TID.  In the morning I take 0.25mg.  In the afternoon/evening I take 0.25mg.  At night I take the balance of the dose which is 2.0mg.

After a few days of doing this I started to feel stoned all day and it is getting worse every day, lol! :o

So does this mean I have not reached tolerance?

Am I not in interdose withdrawal from the Xanax?  I can hardly stay awake on 0.25mg which is crazy because i used to not even be able to sleep on 4mg.

Could taking it more frequently even though I am not increasing the daily dose make me this stoned even though I am taking only 0.25mg q8h twice a day in the daytime?

I don't think that I have moved in the last week or so.  I just want to drop. :sleepy:

What's up with this?

Thanks

Then I gave out some more information in that same thread after it was suggested that my GABA functionality was impaired.

In 2010 I did a rapid taper of several serotinin enhancing drugs (5HTP and chromium) and nearly died from the withdrawals.  In 2011 I did a rapid taper off multiple serotonin enhancing drugs (Prozac and trazodone) and gabapentin.  I had the worst withdrawals and was bed ridden and suicidal for around 9 months, near death again.  I realize how damaging this was in hindsight but certainly did not at the time.

If my brain has lost some of its native GABA functionality how is that effecting this Xanax problem exactly?

In your opinion will my GABA functionality ever heal?

What do you think I should do about the Xanax making me so stoned?  I can't taper down or off of it right now and I feel like I am taking it for nothing regarding sleep as the trazodone I had to reinstate knocks me out completely and I have not had a panic attack in a long time.

I also had to reinstate Prozac and have just started a very slow taper off of it but it has only been a week so I did not think that this would potentiate the Xanax until further down the road.  I have been on as much as 4mg of Xanax per day for over 20 years.  That is why I don't think it is tolerance and would be interested to hear more about the relationship between this and GABA functionality.

Thank You

Thanks for reading it and please let me know what you think.

Yes, I believe you will heal!  When?  This will depend upon the severity of the development of any long term potentiation, (LTP), that may have developed in the neurons at the synaptic level. 

I can't speak to the problems you're having with feeling stoned from taking the Xanax during the day because I took mine for sleep. 

There is so much more going on with us than GABAA receptors though.  We have a member, Perseverance, who has researched the neurophysiological reasons for the damage caused by benzos more than anyone I know.  She is really technical and I believe that you would enjoy reading her posts.  If anyone has this figured out, it's Pers.  Go to her profile, (link above), and click on 'Show Posts'.  Her last short post discusses LTP and she provides some links to several of her notable posts.  You will get a kick out of reading her material.

Lacey23. I know you're worried about your taper and want to know what to do and understand it all. I wish I was able to give you some great answers and on a less foggy day I might be of some actual help minus taper numbers. There are some well knowledged articulate people here. With it being Xmas the board and forums are at a crawl but you will get some answers  ;)

Appreciate it.

I think what I'm going to do is just stick with my current cut so far @ .75mg for another 10 days or so, talk to my Dr, and try and listen to what my body says.  Also, I think it may be a good idea to not read a ton of horror stories on this forum, lol.

Then from there, hopefully, all is well, and take it slower with the rest of the taper. 

Really don't have any idea what to do with the interdose withdrawal thing though.  I'm not really feeling it now.  But, I'm scared it may come back in a couple days.  I'm not sure if i should switch to 3x a day of .25mg or just keep on taking .75mg at night.

Steve, just play it by ear,,, the interdose thing scared me at first, which gave it power, but when I learned what it was, it diminished, it also pretty much stopped, the lower my dose got, and your dose and time is half what mine was... if its bearable I would just ride with it myself...

Steve, just play it by ear,,, the interdose thing scared me at first, which gave it power, but when I learned what it was, it diminished, it also pretty much stopped, the lower my dose got, and your dose and time is half what mine was... if its bearable I would just ride with it myself...

Right on, sounds like a plan for the time being. 

Appreciate it.

I think what I'm going to do is just stick with my current cut so far @ .75mg for another 10 days or so, talk to my Dr, and try and listen to what my body says.  Also, I think it may be a good idea to not read a ton of horror stories on this forum, lol.

Then from there, hopefully, all is well, and take it slower with the rest of the taper. 

Really don't have any idea what to do with the interdose withdrawal thing though.  I'm not really feeling it now.  But, I'm scared it may come back in a couple days.  I'm not sure if i should switch to 3x a day of .25mg or just keep on taking .75mg at night.

Hi Steve,

Welcome! Just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to connecting with you more here. I am recovering post taper. I cut at a rate of .25mg at the beginning and it slammed me. For whatever it is worth, my 2 cents is to take 1mg minus .0625mg so take, .9375mg tonight. Best to you, whatever your decision is!

Warmly,

Hopeful Girl

Appreciate it.

Staying away from horror stories and Listening to your body is important. I think you're going to do fine  :) I almost didn't post some of the things that happened with my taper but I thought it was the right thing to do to give a warning in the hope that you or someone else would  not go through what I and some others have unnecessarily.  I hope it didn't scare you, if it did im sorry.

I was also pretty far into tolerance.

You may not have a problem with interdose withdrawal.  Try not to get yourself stressed out about it. You'll get the kinks out and may need to make adjustments along the way. Some do the same through their whole taper, it works for them and some make changes along the way or further in taper. You'll find what's right for you  :thumbsup:

I am having a major meltdown.  Tough Old Broad Rebel Maven, despite all that she has been through, is unraveling.  Rapidly.

I was just told that everything I am doing is WRONG and that my real problem is not a paradoxical reaction to the Prozac causing hypomania, nor is it Xanax interdose withdrawal or related to any of the other medications I am on, but that it is XANAX SENSITIVITY (presenting as paradoxical reaction to Xanax which is hypomania also) and that is why since I split the dose of Xanax from SID to TID I am feeling so stoned that I can't stay awake and my cognitive function is declining so rapidly.

I am so close to just giving up.  I don't know what to do now.  I feel like I am just DONE.

This forum won't let me post my entire signature so I had to abbreviate it and a lot of the crucial history is missing from it so I am going to post it here.

Here it is in its entirety:

Primary Diagnosis:

Bipolar 1, Anxiety and Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, PTSD, GERD

Medication history:

07/2000:  Put on fluoxetine 40mg, nortriptalyne 10mg,  orphenadrine PRN, Ambien, and massive doses of triptans (sumatriptan Imitrex injections and tablets) for migraine headaches I was having 3-4 days out of the week that could last up to six weeks at a time.  Was already on Vicodin PRN and Xanax PRN for these headaches and sleep.

07/2009: LAVH, migraines stopped completely. Discontinued all meds except Xanax.  I was fine – no withdrawals.

04/2010:  Started massive doses of serotonin the enhancing supplements 5HTP and chromium to loose weight and help with mild depression.  Went hypomanic within months.

12/2010:  CT off massive doses of serotonin the enhancing supplements 5HTP and chromium.

01/2011: Severe Serotonin Discontinuation Syndrome.  Extreme withdrawals. Nearly died.

01/2011: Inpatient.  Put on fluoxetine 40mg, gabapentin 1,200mg, trazodone 100mg.  Still on alprazolam 4mg SID and omeprazole 20mg SID.

11/12: Rapid taper off gabapentin 300mg q8h (1,200mg per day), fluoxetine 40mg SID, trazodone 100mg SID at bedtime.  On alprazolam 1mg SID at bedtime.

01/13: Crashed and came down off extreme mania that I had for several months prior to crashing and ended up in major depression due to the rapid multiple drug taper.  Horrendous withdrawals worse than last time.  Nearly died again. (HUGE mistake - do not do this please!)

07/13: Reinstated fluoxetine 40mg SID

07/13: Reinstated trazodone 150mg SID at bedtime

07/13: alprazolam 2.5mg SID at bedtime.  On alprazolam since 1990. (Tapered down to 1mg at bedtime when manic in 11/12 to avoid withdrawals, then up to 4mg at bedtime when I crashed in to major depression in 01/13 to aid in sleep, now tapered back down again since 07/12 and holding.  Please do not do this either.)

01/90 to present: Omeprazole 20mg SID

11/20/13: Drank one Coke and went from major depressive disorder to hypomanic in one hour and the mania and the physical neurologic symptoms are

rapidly increasing ever since.

12/11/2013: alprazolam dosing change from SID to TID and then QID

12/18/2013: fluoxetine cut 10% from 40mg to 36mg

12/18/2013: Still having significant neuropsychological symptoms but have received some relief since the switch in Xanax dosing from SID to TID. Now I am so groggy I can hardly stay awake all the time and my cognitive function is declining rapidly.

I am so sick of the conflicting research and conflicting advice.  Maybe we all should just admit that we don't know shit about the human brain and neurotransmitters and that it is so different for everyone that your only choice is to just to play roulette with your brain and hope for the best.  It is already too late for me in several ways.  I have been working on this for years now.  I was hoping to work with what I have left of my brain to try to stop this viscous cycle before I flip again in to major depression or full blown mania and become unreachable but this just did me in. 

I think my primary diagnosis should just be changed to "Polypharmacy".

OK, so who knows anything about Xanax Sensitivity after 20+ years long term use and can anybody see what is happening here because I certainly can't at this point.

Thanks for listening and BTW I am not manic I am just pissed and sick of the whole thing.

Help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ki...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [be...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [So...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [...]
    • [ca...]