Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Well, I'm in a big ole wave this am.  I had been taking aleve/naproxen.  Is that bad to take for the gaba receptors?  :(

Mama  :smitten:

NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can enhance the GABA antagonism.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm in a big ole wave this am.  I had been taking aleve/naproxen.  Is that bad to take for the gaba receptors?  :(

Mama  :smitten:

NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can enhance the GABA antagonism.

Oh no!  I had read that a long time ago, but forgot.

Mama

I guess everyones busy out buying me a last minute present to send to me because Im so supportive and helpful, let me just say ya''ll really dont have to do that, but PM me and Ill give you the proper mailing address. :thumbsup:

Fluter. Thanks for sharing that link  :)

Mama2. Thank you for wishing my kitty well. I hope your wave is over quickly and when you come out of it you are at a better baseline ;)

Blue. Thank you again. We are the ones blessed to have him. He's a great kitty and so funny!

I hope your kitty is still doing good.  :)

Benzy. Those grilled burgers sound good to me!

I hope everyone is having some calm today.

:smitten:

I guess everyones busy out buying me a last minute present to send to me because Im so supportive and helpful, let me just say ya''ll really dont have to do that, but PM me and Ill give you the proper mailing address. :thumbsup:

They are all out trying to find you a new allygater print purse!

Mama

To my friends....I send you all peace for the winter holiday. May you share the love of family and friends. May you feel well in body and spirit. May you deeply believe you are healing. We are a courageous group of people. I am deeply thankful we found one another...I can not imagine doing this alone.

With gratitude,

Carita

:crazy:<(gasps and clutches fake plastic pearls)

They shouldn't had, oh, they're the best!

You're so funny benzy!  :laugh:

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

:smitten:

http://www.christmasbuzz.com/animated_gifs/christmas_animated_gifs_05.gif

Merry Christmas everyone.

Blue :smitten:

Oh Blue,

I LOVE THIS!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!

WARM CHRISTMAS HUGS,

FLUTERBYEE :smitten:

To my friends....I send you all peace for the winter holiday. May you share the love of family and friends. May you feel well in body and spirit. May you deeply believe you are healing. We are a courageous group of people. I am deeply thankful we found one another...I can not imagine doing this alone.

With gratitude,

Carita

Carita,

I can't imagine doing this alone either.  I feel very blessed to have found BB's.  I am grateful to have met and made so many new friends with the willingness to offer so much support.

May you all be blessed with healing, peace, love, and happiness this season and in the New Year to come.

Warm Holiday Hugs,

FluterByee

Hi Sweet Friends. I'm pretty sick tonight with symptoms...the headache is really flared up with the head pressure among other things. However, I celebrate my recovery thus far. I was thinking back to last Christmas Eve. I was so, so sick and had no idea why. I hadn't found BB and had been having MRI's, upper GI endoscopy, and lots and lots of other tests and seeing tons of doctors. I was tapering in a haphazard way at the direction of my doctor and had no idea why I was so ill. I was still using sublingual Xanax as prescribed for rescue dosing on top of my regular doses. I had awful panic attacks and anxiety all the time. I went to Christmas Eve service and just being around all the people and music was almost more than I could take. I also was having severe vertigo during the service. I remember taking .5mg of the fast acting Xanax at least 3-4 times during the service just to get through. Tonight as I stood in the service I marveled at how bizarre this journey has been. My head was pounding but I wore 3 inch heels for the first time in over 1 1/2 years and was able to balance perfectly. I had zero anxiety/panic and I have the peace of knowing why I am sick, of knowing that like all of you I am a brave and courageous soul who has chosen this path to make a better life for myself and I know that in this upcoming year I will finish tapering gabapentin and will be free. This is my first Christmas in 8 years Benzo Free! I can't wait to see the healing that occurs this year for all of us. I feel overwhelmed in my appreciation and gratitude for each of you here. Merry Christmas Friends!

Love,

Hopeful Girl  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fa...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Ar...]
    • [li...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ta...]