Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Has anyone used tramadol/ultram or robaxin, a muscle relaxant?  I have a RX for these for my back and I'm afraid to take them.  I still have the rocky boat sensation really bad, and I'm fearful they will make it worse or everything worse.  I'm having trouble with my back.  :(  I had almost rather deal with my back pain than flair everything up.  Any opinions?

Mama

Sorry.  I have taken them both but not when in withdrawal.  The tramadol doesn't work for me and the robaxin makes me feel like a rubber band.  These are both CNS depressants though so be careful.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama2,

I am sorry your back hurts. Have you tried Ibuprofen/Advil? How about ice and heat? these are just suggestions.

I have taken Tramadol for neck pain. It is supposed to be non narcotic , but I felt loopy on it. Robaxin was worse.

Blue :smitten:

Thanks Rebel & Blue,

I have taken Ibuprofen, Naproxen and heat & ice.  I had spasms yesterday and was in so much pain.  I went to the doctor today. 

I certainly don't want to depress my CNS anymore and feel more loopy.  Way to scared to use them. Guess I will hold off unless I get to where I can't move.

Blue,

Your cat in the pic isn't the one sick is it?  Mine isn't eating much and it looks like the tumor/mass is coming back on his mouth.  Hope yours is doing better.

Mama  :smitten:

Sorry you are in pain, mama.  Personally, I wouldn't risk taking prescription pain killers or muscle relaxers because you are still symptomatic.  You've done so well, and I would hate for you to get thrown into a horrible wave.  Please be careful!

:smitten:

Did It! Did It! Did It!  Broke off a small piece of the .0625.. Took .75 and the remainder of my cut. ;) Here we gooooooooooooooo!!!!!

TY Want2befree..I hope to be jamming again one day..:)

Thank You Benzy,      PepsiMoon

Congrats, PepsiMoon! You are on your way!

By the way, in my taper I did the dry cutting method, compounding pills, and water titration. It is ok to change it up if you need to, so don't worry about that!

Warmly,

Hopeful Girl

Hi I'm a newbie. I am so happy I found this support site. I have been on Xanax for 1/2 my life now and have finally realized how much it's hurting, not helping me. I really appreciate how so many people are posting about their experiences because I thought I was the only person I knew who felt this miserable. And brain dead.  I can't wait to be medication free. This group is awesome.  :thumbsup:

Welcome, ChiMom. I look forward to getting to know you! Congrats for being here!

Hopeful Girl

Thanks Rebel & Blue,

I have taken Ibuprofen, Naproxen and heat & ice.  I had spasms yesterday and was in so much pain.  I went to the doctor today. 

I certainly don't want to depress my CNS anymore and feel more loopy.  Way to scared to use them. Guess I will hold off unless I get to where I can't move.

Blue,

Your cat in the pic isn't the one sick is it?  Mine isn't eating much and it looks like the tumor/mass is coming back on his mouth.  Hope yours is doing better.

Hi Mama,

I'd personally be too scared to try these. Have you checked into any homeopathics or topical creams? I use Arnica gel and have no problems with it. I think Carita uses it as well. It isn't strong but does take a little of the edge off. You can get it at most stores. You might want to check into that  :) I hope it eases up. Mine hurts really bad too. Sometimes it scares me!  :-\

Love

Hopeful Girl

Baby & Hopeful,

Glad I asked.  I knew I could come here and get an honest answer.  Yes, I certainly don't want a bad wave.  I'm going to get some of the arnica gel tomorrow. 

Hopeful,

Is your back pain coming from the withdrawals?  I have a bad back but I was wondering if some of it could be related to withdrawals.  I'm more active now so I don't know if that has anything to do with it after being bedridden for so long.

Baby,

Hope today was a little better for you. It won't be long and you are going to feel so much better I'm sure.  Acute is a short amount of time for the relief that lies ahead.  I'm still symptomatic, but I'm getting out now which I haven't done since this summer.  I feel like I'm getting my life back.  I will never take for granted the simple task of shopping for my own groceries. 

Baby & Hopeful,

Glad I asked.  I knew I could come here and get an honest answer.  Yes, I certainly don't want a bad wave.  I'm going to get some of the arnica gel tomorrow. 

Hopeful,

Is your back pain coming from the withdrawals?  I have a bad back but I was wondering if some of it could be related to withdrawals.  I'm more active now so I don't know if that has anything to do with it after being bedridden for so long.

Baby,

Hope today was a little better for you. It won't be long and you are going to feel so much better I'm sure.  Acute is a short amount of time for the relief that lies ahead.  I'm still symptomatic, but I'm getting out now which I haven't done since this summer.  I feel like I'm getting my life back.  I will never take for granted the simple task of shopping for my own groceries. 

Thank you mama!

Today was a little better.  I am completely miserable, but I'm not picking at my sheets waiting to die.  It's positive posts such as yours that keep me going.  I will get better!

:smitten:

Hopeful, thank you for your kind words of encouragement.:)

Juliea,I understand, I didn't mean to cause any problems or step on any toes.It was just a thought.Thanks for the reminder about the rules and guidelines..:)

Rebel, Reason I said that I was going to ease one of my klonopin pills into the Xanax time slot, is because I usually take one K at about 11 am then the other two K

at 8PM along with my Remeron. Which I realize now that I should be taking the K at regular intervals (Every 6-8 hours) to avoid withdrawal.

I'm cutting the midnight dose at the present of the Xanax(Which I started 12/12 2013,bad mistake) after that, I attack the noon Xanax dose which I've been on for 1 .5 years. Once I'm on my last cut of the midnight dose of X, I'll slip the K into that slot, and start taking my K at 12noon,6pm,12AM,6 am etc. I may sound like I'm getting ahead of myself here (and probably am) Just trying to prepare myself for the "Biggie" Oh, and I wont start the Klonopin taper till I'm absolutely sure I'm stable off of the Xanax.

Mama, I hope that you find some relief for your back, I've been there myself and it's definitely no fun...

PepsiMoon

Hi Friends,

During my nightly research...I came across this site

www.livingtreecommunity.com

For those of you who do not have access to organic foods check out this site. I really liked it.  It offers beneficial information about how all the different types of nuts help the body.

Check it out.

FluterByee

Hi Mama,

I use Arnica gel for pain along with Hopeful Girl.  Our nervous systems are in a hypersensitive state and sensations are exaggerated. Aches and pains can arise when we are immobile and we perceive them more acutely when in withdrawal. We can take comfort knowing it will get better as our nervous systems heal.

I have constant muscle and nerve pain. All of my tendons feel tight and irritated. I've read others have had this too. Much of the pain is in the area of old injuries. I stretch gently and do yoga daily. I use Epsom salt in my bath and when dry I rub the tender areas with Arnica. Its a little sticky until dry. You can also purchase Arnica homeopathic pills but I prefer the topical gel.

I hope you find some relief. I must agree with the others...I would be very careful about taking any CNS depressant. You have worked so hard to get this far....don't  do anything to inhibit your healing.

I am so happy to read you are having better days. More are coming!

Love to you Mama,

Carita

one family christmas out of the way, stuffed to the gills with christmas "burgers".... who the heck cooks burgers for christmas dinner?

one more family dinner to go..

maybe I"ll live through it after all!

one family christmas out of the way, stuffed to the gills with christmas "burgers".... who the heck cooks burgers for christmas dinner?

one more family dinner to go..

maybe I"ll live through it after all!

Glad it went OK for you. 

IDK, I wouldn't mind firing up the grill and having some holiday burgers.  If I could find the grill under the snow pile though. :-\

Hi chimom  :) I'm glad you found BB and this great group of people here.  :)

Where is the chat some of you are  mentioning?

Update on my kitty.

He is at his regular vet on dialysis. It's the only way to know if he can pull through this and live on a special diet and not be suffering. We want to give him a chance and not assume.he said many cats have kidney failure then improve and do well on a special diet. Basically the vet said the only way to know if he can pull through this and live comfortably with a diet adjustment is to do the dialysis to clean the kidneys. If his numbers don't go down enough its not good. If his numbers go down he comes home and then its wait and see. If he gets sick again within a week the vet said its not good. He said he will call us on Christmas with either good or bad news.

Thanks for the welcome, Hopeful Girl! I look forward to getting to know you & hear your story. I am glad I found this Xanax group because you all are so friendly & keep me laughing. This is definitely where I'll be spending most of my time. Obviously I don't know you all but Benzy you had me laughing so hard I cried when u said (in reference to this group moving) that you left your purse in the other room. Then it got better when the next person responded, "I hope you didn't leave your Xanax in it!

Thank you all for your support!  :)

Hi chimom  :) I'm glad you found BB and this great group of people here.  :)

Where is the chat some of you are  mentioning?

Update on my kitty.

He is at his regular vet on dialysis. It's the only way to know if he can pull through this and live on a special diet and not be suffering. We want to give him a chance and not assume.he said many cats have kidney failure then improve and do well on a special diet. Basically the vet said the only way to know if he can pull through this and live comfortably with a diet adjustment is to do the dialysis to clean the kidneys. If his numbers don't go down enough its not good. If his numbers go down he comes home and then its wait and see. If he gets sick again within a week the vet said its not good. He said he will call us on Christmas with either good or bad news.

Your kitty is so blessed to have you.

Blue :smitten:

Hi Mama,

I use Arnica gel for pain along with Hopeful Girl.  Our nervous systems are in a hypersensitive state and sensations are exaggerated. Aches and pains can arise when we are immobile and we perceive them more acutely when in withdrawal. We can take comfort knowing it will get better as our nervous systems heal.

I have constant muscle and nerve pain. All of my tendons feel tight and irritated. I've read others have had this too. Much of the pain is in the area of old injuries. I stretch gently and do yoga daily. I use Epsom salt in my bath and when dry I rub the tender areas with Arnica. Its a little sticky until dry. You can also purchase Arnica homeopathic pills but I prefer the topical gel.

I hope you find some relief. I must agree with the others...I would be very careful about taking any CNS depressant. You have worked so hard to get this far....don't  do anything to inhibit your healing.

I am so happy to read you are having better days. More are coming!

Love to you Mama,

Carita

Thanks Carita.  My doctor said my muscles in my back were really tight.  It seems like all my old pain is coming back from back, knees and shoulder.  I can't wait to try the gel.

Iwant2bfree,

I hope you get good news from your vet tomorrow.

Blue,

How is your kitty doing now?

I have no idearrrrrr, I guess I haven't had to take anything this last year, I usually dont anyway, I just suffer,,,, like a man..... :sick:

and whine alot... like a man... >:(

Well, I'm in a big ole wave this am.  I had been taking aleve/naproxen.  Is that bad to take for the gaba receptors?  :(

Well if I had been smart I would have done a search on this before I asked my question.  Seems that it can be a problem for some. 

Mama

I have no idearrrrrr, I guess I haven't had to take anything this last year, I usually dont anyway, I just suffer,,,, like a man..... :sick:

and whine alot... like a man... >:(

Wish I had done that.  I will take the suffering over a wave anyday!  >:(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fa...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ca...]