Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Syx:

Muscle and bone pain and stiffness

Nausea

Benzo belly (several syx)

Insomnia

Adrenaline rushes

Sweating

Fatigue and exhaustion

Weakness

Cognitive and memory issues

Grinch, OUCH!  Bummer.  I hope things ease up for you.  <3

I went to see my colon doctor earlier and he told me to take miralax and benefiber to ease the constipation.  Said it won't affect GABA receptors or act like a cleanse so it shouldn't give me any symptoms.  The only symptoms I've had the past few days are my tenacious tinnitus and some fatigue along with insomnia problems, all of which are fairly normal for me, having CFS.  I've been taking small doses of my green superfood powder every day, MSM and glucosamine, CoQ10, ginseng, probiotics, whole food vitamins and this stuff called cell food, made by Synergy (which is where I get my superfood powder and my whole food vitamins).  So far none of these things have affected me in any bad way as far as symptoms go.

I'll be making my next cut on Friday night, which will be 11 days after my last one.  I would go ahead and do it, but I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and I don't want to be anxiety ridden, in case it comes up.  I'm going to try another cut of .125, so I'll be down to 1.5mg/day.  *Keeping fingers crossed* this works out all right for me. 

~K  :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i havnt taken my lose dose of 0.0625mg since sunday 2pm  i actually feel ok the last 2 times before this i was taking my dose every 48 hours i slept fairly decent last night and i had a 2 1/2 hour nappy after breakfast at around 11am . im just really worried about the severe tinittus i had when i was unsuccessfull quiting around umm 5-7 weeks ago i was on my 6th day without xanax . each day im taking super vitamin b complex & magnesium with my breakfast ,  then i take vitamin E and omega fish oil with dinner um i would like to take a vitamin b6 or b12 except i dont usually eat any lunch and i heard that vitamins should be taken with food

any tips on reducing or preventing tinittus ?  thanks for your help

babyangel, there's a whole thread devoted specifically to tinnitus.  I haven't read all of it (it's very long) but you might find something helpful on there.  So far I haven't found anything that helps mine.  It's the main symptom I've experienced so far, so I consider myself lucky.

So, I made my 3rd cut last night of .125, so I'm down to 1.5mg/day now.  I couldn't go to sleep last night and was up until it started getting light outside.  Also had very loud ringing in my ears.  I don't know if the insomnia is dose related or because I ended a 10 year relationship a couple of days ago due to fighting and stress.  I am having some stomach cramps, but again, I don't know yet if this is related to my cut, or if it's because I haven't eaten as much as I normally do in the morning, and it's already late afternoon.  (Because I couldn't sleep I didn't get up until almost 12:30, and I usually get up around 8am.) 

soooooo...  I'll keep updating on how I feel.  If it's not too bad, like my previous cuts, I might start cutting smaller doses every week instead of waiting 10-11 days.  I was going to drop my cuts to .0625 anyway, because I'm not sure how wise it is to keep cutting .125 every time.  It might work, but I don't want to make things more difficult for me.  I guess I'll see how this one goes.

Namaste everyone.

~K  :smitten:

:yippee: :yippee: in 18 hours it will be 1 week my last xanax dose , my tinittus isnt too bad  i just need to spent less time at tv/computer it seems to get owrse with that so does smoking i slept fairly well like 6-7 hours total . do you think my tinittus will be over with in shorter time since the hightest xanax dose i took was .25mg 3x a day for 6 months then i took .25mg once a day from 9 /2012- 10/2013 i took 0.0625 mg once a day for around 10-11 months

Katie, this is great news you're a week free of Xanax!  :thumbsup: I do hope you can hold out and stay free because I believe this is the only way to get your tinnitus to go away if Xanax is the culprit, (which I believe it is).  If you go back on Xanax again, you're risking kindling yourself.  And this might make your symptoms worse the next time you try to stop.  Hang on Katie.  You can do this!  :thumbsup:

What Juliea said!  Congratulations!

I feel pretty good today.  Went grocery shopping, now I'm just listening to some music and playing around the internet.  So far so good, I guess. :)  Yesterday (or last night, actually) I felt sick at my stomach, but that has subsided.  Nothing else to report at this point.  :)

~K

Katie, this is great news you're a week free of Xanax!  :thumbsup: I do hope you can hold out and stay free because I believe this is the only way to get your tinnitus to go away if Xanax is the culprit, (which I believe it is).  If you go back on Xanax again, you're risking kindling yourself.  And this might make your symptoms worse the next time you try to stop.  Hang on Katie.  You can do this!  :thumbsup:

thanks miss Juliea , your the best !!  :hug:

I feel pretty good today after a few days of really feeling bad.  I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back.  He said I should call if I have any concerns.  My concern is his taper schedule was too fast for my system.  I have so many pills and need to hear he's going to be there if I need more.  I have my own schedule that seems to be working better.  He's going to think I'm nuts.  Now I wish I hadn't called.  Oh well.  So how am I doing, discaboobarated comes to mind, ha, ha.  :-[

I feel pretty good today.  I did a deep meditation the other day and all these different animals came to me, so I've been researching what they each signify.  I haven't done this sort of thing in a long time, so it's exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.  I've already written ten pages.  I needed a break.  lol  It feels good though, and it's been very prophetic in so many ways.  It's funny how the subconscious will tell you what you need to know, if you understand how to read the signs.

Bunny, glad to hear you're feeling better.  I hope you get what you need from your doctor. It sucks that so many of them want to push people off as fast as they can, without concern for the long term consequences.  Sending good vibes out to you.  :smitten:

~K 

Thanks, Van.  My doc came through, he said if I run out he'll help.  I want off this stuff so bad but needed to hear he wasn't going to throw me to the wolves because I didn't do it his way.  After some of the stories I read about heartless, non-caring doctors making someone go thru this hell without help I was terrified.  What a relief. 

I wanted to check in and say hello. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I've actually been living life, and it's great post Xanax!

I celebrated 11 months of freedom over the weekend and I can't believe I'll reach a year in just a few weeks. It seems like an absolute miracle, and despite the post jump recovery time and healing, I've had my best year in a decade. I give all the credit to this site and the wonderful people here who loved and supported me until I could finally support myself.

Hang in there buddies! It's a wild and often times rough ride, but I promise it's worth it.

If I can do this, anyone can!

I wanted to check in and say hello. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I've actually been living life, and it's great post Xanax!

I celebrated 11 months of freedom over the weekend and I can't believe I'll reach a year in just a few weeks. It seems like an absolute miracle, and despite the post jump recovery time and healing, I've had my best year in a decade. I give all the credit to this site and the wonderful people here who loved and supported me until I could finally support myself.

Hang in there buddies! It's a wild and often times rough ride, but I promise it's worth it.

So great to see this post!  Congrats, TrueSouth!  Go live your life again. 

:smitten: :smitten:

hi again,  today is day 10 being xanax free i actually feel better than ever i slept 9 hours last night ive been activating more than ever,  yesteray i spent 2 hours pushing a mower at the ranch , the first 90 minutes i pushed it non stop only just a few minutes to put more gas because i ran out of gas . i always walk in the mornings when im at the ranch to open the front gate then to the back of property then back to house thats 1 1/2 miles  :yippee:

Wow, that is really great to hear. My taper is almost identical yours

hi again,  today is day 10 being xanax free i actually feel better than ever i slept 9 hours last night ive been activating more than ever,  yesteray i spent 2 hours pushing a mower at the ranch , the first 90 minutes i pushed it non stop only just a few minutes to put more gas because i ran out of gas . i always walk in the mornings when im at the ranch to open the front gate then to the back of property then back to house thats 1 1/2 miles  :yippee:

Congratulations babyangel on being Xanax free for 10 days. :thumbsup:

Blue :smitten:

Third day after a cut and I'm having a spell feeling weak and shaky.  I know it will pass.  It helps knowing you're all out there.  I feel good knowing that I'm taking tiny steps daily to getting off of this drug.  Thanks for reading.  Peace and good luck to you all. 

Way to go babyangel!  woot!  :clap:

So it appears my big OOPSIE yesterday is fine.  (I think I accidentally took a 1mg pill in the am instead of .5 because that's what I wrote in my journal.)  I just took my regular dose today and am feeling no bad side effects.  So yay!

~K

Dear Friend TrueSouth,

What encouraging news! So happy for you. Live your beautiful life dear TrueSouth! Inspirational!

Love to you,

Carita

Thanks all! I want to encourage others rather than toot my own horn, but I'll admit to being a little proud.  ;)

Everyone who goes through the misery of Xanax dependency before tapering and eventually jumping needs our support and love. That's the beauty of this forum. It's impossible for anyone who hasn't been in our shoes to completely understand what we go through each day. Every one here "gets it" and we have a safe place to give and receive encouragement and information.

I'm pleased to see the new members along with experienced members and mods all supporting and cheering each other along. Even though I no longer need the help this forum offers, I hold this place dear and will never forget the people who gave me what I needed, when it needed it. There were many, but a very few will always have a place in my heart... Always! Stick around for a while and you'll understand.

I'm thrilled to hear from you Carita and have noted your progress. I love you and wish you all the best life has to offer. You are one of the special few.

BabyAngel; each day off benzos was a miracle, and the thirty day milestone was huge for me. I hope you will make 30 days your goal and keep resetting your goals as you continue to move forward.

I'd also suggest everyone here remember to celebrate the little victories along the way to freedom. Treat your self to a nice dinner, relax in a warm bubble bath, go shopping, or do anything that makes you smile for an hour or so. You've earned a little happiness and I believe it's important to reward ourselves during this battle.

BlueBell; Thanks for sticking around and helping others. You were certainly an inspiration to me when I struggled. Support is sooo important!

And thank you TrueSouth for letting those that are struggling know that the end result of their taper is a better and more satifying way of living.

Blue :smitten:

Dearest TrueSouth,

Reading your post made me think how quickly the time passes....even when feeling sick. Was it really a year ago you jumped!?

I've always been a celebrate each day girl and have found it hard to maintain that perspective. Your suggestion to find bits of happiness each day is a good reminder. We may feel like something the cat drug in...but we can smile at a delicious meal, warm sweet scented bath or the faces of our loved ones. The simple act of smiling releases supportive brain chemicals. We need all of the support we can get!

Knowing you are feeling well motivates me dear TrueSouth...thank you. You've touched my life in a very positive way...I am deeply grateful.

Love you,

Carita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [ry...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Po...]
    • [St...]