Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Hi Synap,

Pick your head up and not beat yourself up. We are all taught to trust doctors, we've all been right there. It's good that you recognized how it made you feel (lift in sx) and looked it up before taking it any longer. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there. 

~BF

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my .25 dose pills today, so I'll be making a cut tonight.  I'm trying to decide whether I should try cutting half of .25, or just cutting a quarter.  It's such a pain trying to cut quarters, and last time I went down I went down a full .25mg and it was fine.  Guess I'll let you all know how it goes and what I decide.

~K  :smitten:

Hey Vango,

When I was on higher doses, I could cut .125mg without any problems.  I wouldn't cut anything bigger than .0625mg now.  Everybody is different so the only way to know is to try it.  Glad you were able to get the .25mg doses, it does make it much easier when you have to cut .0625mg.  Good Luck to you.

Monique

Hello, today is my cut to 0.0625. I am really nervous how this will pan out. If I made it here, I should be able to handle this just as well ?

Hey dystophypatient1, It's great you have gotten down so low on your dose.  i am sure you will do find with your last cut.  Good Luck to you.  :)

Hey Vango,

When I was on higher doses, I could cut .125mg without any problems.  I wouldn't cut anything bigger than .0625mg now.  Everybody is different so the only way to know is to try it.  Glad you were able to get the .25mg doses, it does make it much easier when you have to cut .0625mg.  Good Luck to you.

Monique

So I decided to go with the .125mg cut.  So far so good, but I guess I'll see as the week progresses.

Hello, today is my cut to 0.0625. I am really nervous how this will pan out. If I made it here, I should be able to handle this just as well ?

Congratulations for making it this far!  :thumbsup:  I can't wait to get there, but I still have a bit of a journey ahead of me.  Alas. 

Vango,

You might just be one of those "normal" people who don't have a rough time coming off  :thumbsup: I hope so!!!

Grinch

Thanks Grinch!  One can hope!  I certainly do.  So far, I feel relatively normal today.  Still have a few hours until my nighttime dose.  ;D

So, not much different today, except I was dead tired and slept half the day, probably because I didn't sleep well last night.  I got up this morning, around 7, slept off an on until about 9, got up, ate, did a few things, then I was tired so I watched netflix and fell back asleep for several hours.  The tinnitus has been bad today, but no other symptoms.  Soooo, I guess I'll see how it goes the rest of the week.  I'm hoping it continues along this way and I don't get more symptoms, and the tinnitus dies back down a little.  hmmm... maybe I should start a blog to record this stuff instead of posting it here.  I'm hungry now so I guess I'll go eat something.

Well we finally got move back To PA from NC and are settling in. I am still dosing 6 times a day for a total of .75mg seems to have worked well for the last few weeks now not to sure. the last few days i have had some sx nothing great but they are there.

I have a appt with my old Dr next week and I found out today he has also become a detox Dr since there is a a wide spread drug problem around here now WOW never seen that coming. Anyway trying hear not to updose and see where he wants to go from here only problem is i have heard he does not like to prescribe benzo's i can only hope he will help me out with this.

I as sleeping better but now i am back to having a hard time staying asleep. My mornings were great now they are sliding back to where i need my first dose at 8 not 10. soooo not sure what is going on but i was feeling so much better until the last 2 days.

I have a heavy chest feeling this am i felt like i could not breath and i dont get that way at all anymore. I am still forgetful,my eye sight seems worse then before but i did drive to pa so i guess i am ok. IDk maybe i just need to loose some weight and i would feel better.

I am 42 and weigh 184 so need to get on that lol

hope all is well with everyone take care :thumbsup:

So, not much different today, except I was dead tired and slept half the day, probably because I didn't sleep well last night.  I got up this morning, around 7, slept off an on until about 9, got up, ate, did a few things, then I was tired so I watched netflix and fell back asleep for several hours.  The tinnitus has been bad today, but no other symptoms.  Soooo, I guess I'll see how it goes the rest of the week.  I'm hoping it continues along this way and I don't get more symptoms, and the tinnitus dies back down a little.  hmmm... maybe I should start a blog to record this stuff instead of posting it here.  I'm hungry now so I guess I'll go eat something.

And you're two days into your cut, right?  Sounds like you're doing great with it.  ;D

Well we finally got move back To PA from NC and are settling in. I am still dosing 6 times a day for a total of .75mg seems to have worked well for the last few weeks now not to sure. the last few days i have had some sx nothing great but they are there.

I have a appt with my old Dr next week and I found out today he has also become a detox Dr since there is a a wide spread drug problem around here now WOW never seen that coming. Anyway trying hear not to updose and see where he wants to go from here only problem is i have heard he does not like to prescribe benzo's i can only hope he will help me out with this.

I as sleeping better but now i am back to having a hard time staying asleep. My mornings were great now they are sliding back to where i need my first dose at 8 not 10. soooo not sure what is going on but i was feeling so much better until the last 2 days.

I have a heavy chest feeling this am i felt like i could not breath and i dont get that way at all anymore. I am still forgetful,my eye sight seems worse then before but i did drive to pa so i guess i am ok. IDk maybe i just need to loose some weight and i would feel better.

I am 42 and weigh 184 so need to get on that lol

hope all is well with everyone take care :thumbsup:

The revved up symptoms might be from the stress of moving... good grief, that's HUGE!  You may want to take it easy for awhile and see if things settle down.

:smitten:

2 days ago i took my LOW daily dose of 0.0625mg of alprazolam i felt alot better that day even though i spent hours outside in 90+F hot weather i tried a new routine early this year i saw on Dr oz a remedy get some tobasco sause put about 6-8 drops of it in a small cup get 1/8 of a lemon squeeze that into the same cup with the pulp and put about 1oz of warm water and drink it fast like taking a shot of whiskey i did that and wow i felt major improvement im not sure if it was from the hours of activating i did causing me to drink alot of water around 3 litres that day or if it was the tobasco mixture i felt well this morning i didnt take my daily dose i usually take at around 6-8am i slept extremly well without needing it so ive been without xanax for around 40 hours im not sure if i should wait until i feel i really need to take it or take the dose tonight?meh i did some bad things since i was outside alot the last few days at my ranch it was easy to light up a cigarette so i smoked alot more than i usually do :(

And you're two days into your cut, right?  Sounds like you're doing great with it.  ;D

3rd day actually.  :)

OK, so earlier today I went out to take care of some business, and my stomach started getting queasy and then started cramping.  When I got home, I was having sharp pains in my stomach.  Like gas pains.  I get them, but it's pretty rare for them to hurt this bad, it was like stabbing in my lower abdomen.  I've been constipated for a couple of days.  Finally went (sorry about the details) and there was a gurgling running down the left side of my stomach (not sure if that's the large intestines?).  Anyway, that never happens to me.  I feel better now, but man, I had to sit on the toilet, in pain, for about 20 minutes.  THAT most certainly never happens to me.  Is this what they call "benzo belly?"

Hi vang have you ever drank prune juise ? that can help you if you feel constipated so can eating spicy food or maybe drink alot of water i wish i could help more

Vango,

Do not drink prune juice or eat spicey food with the benzo gut you just described! It will most likely make it worse! And yes, if you feel like you have an alien beast with sharp knives in your gi tract that is what benzo belly feels like. Pleasant eh? NOT!!!!  :crazy:

Grinch

Grinch, eek!  Well, I'm pleased to say, it eased up after my visit to "the throne."  ;D  And so far today, everything is back to normal.  You know, loud ringing in my ears, some fatigue, but otherwise, everything seems fine.  I'm on, what, day 4 or 5 of my last cut, which was .125.  I *did* eat an Amy's spinach enchilada the night before, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.  Anyway, not looking forward to having THAT happen again.

I think I need to go get some more fish.

Thanks for all the kind words. 

~K  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Grinch, eek!  Well, I'm pleased to say, it eased up after my visit to "the throne."  ;D  And so far today, everything is back to normal.  You know, loud ringing in my ears, some fatigue, but otherwise, everything seems fine.  I'm on, what, day 4 or 5 of my last cut, which was .125.  I *did* eat an Amy's spinach enchilada the night before, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.  Anyway, not looking forward to having THAT happen again.

Benzo belly can manifest itself in a number of antisocial and uncomfortable ways.  At four to five days off I should think the worst is over for this cut.  Mine were over in three days, Juliea's in five days.  Haven't heard of longer than five days for acute symptoms from Xanax cuts to start easing up.

So, if I go for 10 days to stabilize, do you think making another cut of .125 would be OK?  Or would 7 days be OK?  It would be my third cut going down from 2mg, and would put me at 1.5mg.  Then I suppose I could start cutting at .0625. 

Challis, didn't you say you made some larger cuts when you were on a higher dose?

Grinch, how did you do cutting .125 at a time? 

I do want to avoid as many *bad* symptoms as possible.  Still trying to figure everything out.  My first cut was .25mg and I waited 11 days before cutting the .125 (2nd cut).  That was Monday night.

Thanks "buddies!"

~K    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My syx are constant so cuts didn't really make things a lot worse, I did fine cutting .125, as fine as my journey gets. The closer I got to the 10% mark with the .125mg cuts the more I felt them though so I switched early to .0625mg cuts.

Grinch

Benzo belly can manifest itself in a number of antisocial and uncomfortable ways.  At four to five days off I should think the worst is over for this cut.  Mine were over in three days, Juliea's in five days.  Haven't heard of longer than five days for acute symptoms from Xanax cuts to start easing up.

Chal, actually I didn't usually even get STARTED with a hit of increased sxs until the 4th or 5th day.  So days 1-3 were usually just my precut status.  Then on that 4th or 5th day the increased symptoms finally arrived and usually took another 1-3 days to settle back down to baseline again.  By day 8, I was usually ready to cut again.  :thumbsup:

Feeling pretty good today.  Woke up in severe in pain due to my chronic back injury, took a pain pill, then another one.  Had some tea and a banana.  Had another cup of tea.  Watched a little netflix, then did an hour of yoga.  Felt really, really good.  Did some house cleaning (not finished yet just taking a break).  Only symptom so far today is the tinnitus, which never really goes away.  Been listening to some great music though, so it's not that noticeable.  :)  I'm marinating some salmon in Goddess dressing to cook later, with some kale and quinoa.  I really think eating salmon helps.  I've noticed I feel much better when I eat it than if I go several days or a week without some.

So Grinch, you said you're symptoms are constant.  What are they, if you don't mind me asking?  I think so far I've been fairly lucky, considering what I hear others go through.  *keeping fingers crossed*  (of course, that 5 day CT was horrible.  I hope none of that stuff comes back!)

Syx:

Muscle and bone pain and stiffness

Nausea

Benzo belly (several syx)

Insomnia

Adrenaline rushes

Sweating

Fatigue and exhaustion

Weakness

Cognitive and memory issues

• Who's Online (See full list)