Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Mrs Kb,

i really wish you success in being able to quit xanax, ive been taking a low dose like yours since 3/2012 its been a difficult slow road but dont give up its doable , just take very very small steps reducing the .25mg you take i feel alot of withdrawal relief drinking a cup of chamomille tea every evening , one withdrawal is sensitive to lights and sounds so i put some kleenex in ear and i wear  sunglasses inside some reason the amber colored lens sunglasses work better than black lens glasses i just get mine from the dollar tree for $1. when the pill gets too small to cut , you can water taper , that will minimize withdrawals

i really really hope that information has helped me god bless you kb,

katie

I saw my Dr. today and showed her what the Ashton manual suggested.  This is what she was willing to agree to:

Am    Mid             Aft            PM

Starting .5 mg x .25mg x .25mg x .25mg x 1.25

1         .5 mg x .25mg x .25mg x 5mg d 1.25

2         .25mg x 7.5mg d         10mg d 1.125

3         .25mg x 7.5mg d         7.5mg d 1

4         5mg d 5mg d         7.5mg d 0.875

5         7.5mg d 2.5mg d         5mg d 0.75

6         7.5mg d                 5mg d 0.625

7         5mg d         5mg d         0.5

8         2.5mg d         5mg d         0.375

9 5mg d                                         0.25

10 2.5mg d                                         0.125

11 1mg d                                         0.05

Katie,  Thank you for your encouraging words and suggestions.  I am on my way to the grocery store so I am going to pick up some chamomile tea.  And there is a dollar store in the same center so I will buy a pair of sunglasses with amber lenses.  I just checked and all of my sunglasses have very dark black lenses.  Good suggestions thank you...................

Katie,  Thank you for your encouraging words and suggestions.  I am on my way to the grocery store so I am going to pick up some chamomile tea.  And there is a dollar store in the same center so I will buy a pair of sunglasses with amber lenses.  I just checked and all of my sunglasses have very dark black lenses.  Good suggestions thank you...................

Hi, Katie has been banned for two weeks. So she wont be able to reply. She is a very nice person and loves to help people. :)

Snoball :)

Hey Everyone,

I made another cut a couple of days ago.  This morning I woke up with the "inner vibrations".  This is one of the worse feelings for me.  I hope it only stays for a few days so I can drop my next .0625mg in a week or so.  I am so over weaning off this stuff.  It is like a roller coaster ride.  At least, the lower I go the better I feel.  I know it seems people do better with slow titrations but it is hard when you start feeling decent and have to go through it all again with another cut. I can't wait to be on the other side and start to heal completely.  Hope everyone is having some good days. 

Monique,  I agree that it is hard to feel lousy again after a cut when we were feeling so much better on the previous dose.  But we will feel better again on this dose !  Better days are on their way !  Hugs !

Went through the week again with no real uptick in syx from the cut I made on Sat. I don't feel great, just regular daily syx, but the last few cuts haven't been awful or made things worse. I don't know what is going on with that. But I ll ride it as ling as it lasts!! As long as this does last I ll continue to cut each week. Tomorrow I cut another .125mg and I ll be under 2mg for the first time in 2 yrs!!

:smitten:

Went through the week again with no real uptick in syx from the cut I made on Sat. I don't feel great, just regular daily syx, but the last few cuts haven't been awful or made things worse. I don't know what is going on with that. But I ll ride it as ling as it lasts!! As long as this does last I ll continue to cut each week. Tomorrow I cut another .125mg and I ll be under 2mg for the first time in 2 yrs!!

:smitten:

I know decreasing your dosage to under 2 is a great feeling.  Glad to see that your taper is going well.  :)

Monique,  I agree that it is hard to feel lousy again after a cut when we were feeling so much better on the previous dose.  But we will feel better again on this dose !  Better days are on their way !  Hugs !

Hey Kb45, yes we will feel better on the current dose.  It looks like you are about finished with your taper.  How are things going for you?

Monique,  I just cut from 0.125 to 0.625 on Sunday night and after feeling terrific for two weeks, 24 hours later felt not very good but I think the symptoms are not as "strong" if that makes sense.  I do feel better today although I wouldn't quite call it a window.  But I welcome the relief.  I have been pondering whether to make the jump from 0.0625 or make one more cut.  I am presently leaning towards making one more cut.  We'll see !  I want to feel good for at least a week before the next cut.  Hugs,  KB

Hi KB.  I realize this is a pretty simple question, but how do you measure such small doses?  I just learned last week that I'm suffering from WD and am starting with a .5 mg daily dose as you did.  Since I've only been on .5 to 1 mg/day for the past year, I suspect I'll be able to taper similarly to yours, but I'm not sure how to slice a 1 mg bar into 1/10 slivers.  Does this have something to do with mixing in water?

Thanks.

Ohbrowat

Hey Ohbrowat,

It is easier making smaller cuts with the .25mg tablets.  When I got to lower doses my doctor gave me some of these and it made it easier to cut these into 4 pieces.  Each piece is .0625mg.

Monique

Ohbrowat,  like Monique posted, the 0.25 tablets are much easier to divide into fourths, making each fourth a dosage of 0.0625.  In about another week, I plan to put the 0.0625 dosage between waxed paper and smash it with a tiny hammer, divide the smashed dosage in two parts and put one part in  a spoon of yoghurt.  That will make my final cut a dosage of 0.03125.  Mixing it with yoghurt is my attempt to make smashed Xanax a bit more palatable .  It is vile tasting ! LOL !

Ok, I see. The alcohol just put off the Benzo withdrawal that was happening anyway.And when you stopped the drinking it all came back. Did you taper?

I tapered the Xanax while I switched over to alcohol.

What I did was get down to the lowest dry dose I could, .125 if I recall properly. Then instead of taking it daily I took it every 2 days, then every three days. At that point I went to just alcohol.

Alcohol I did basically the same thing, I drank roughly every 3 days. The 3 day thing was because after 3 days I would start to hallucinate. 

So I was in constant inter-dose withdrawal but I could work because I was self employed.

Ok. I see. So, how are you feeling these days?

Are you felling back to 'normal".

Just wanted to say hi to all. Yesterday was my 11 months off of Xanax. In a pretty nasty wave but the waves are further apart and I do have windows now. Thinking about all my friends here as I start the countdown toward 1 year free! Hoped to be done by now but it is what it is!

Love,

Hopefulgirl

Hi Hopeful

CONGRATULATIONS,  11 th  month anniversary.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Hugs

Notforme

Love to you dear Hopeful. I remember talking with you the night you joined BB. You have come so far. I am deep down proud of you! I see you are working on the gabapentin now...wonderful!

With friendship,

Carita

Hi Hopeful

CONGRATULATIONS,  11 th  month anniversary.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Hugs

Notforme

Thank you, Notforme. I appreciate the healing thoughts!

Hugs,

Hopeful Girl

Love to you dear Hopeful. I remember talking with you the night you joined BB. You have come so far. I am deep down proud of you! I see you are working on the gabapentin now...wonderful!

With friendship,

Carita

Hi Carita,

You were my first Buddy! I'll never forget the kindness you showed me. Thank you for saying you are proud! I always say you have paved the road for me. Yes, I'm waddling away at the gabapentin. It's tough but I think it is mostly that I'm not healed from the Xanax. This wave is nasty but I keep believing. So proud of you! Love seeing your number continue to drop. I meant to tell you that the Karen Drucker music has been a life saver for me. I always think of you when I play the "I will be gentle with myself." Thank you for that gift!

Love to you,

Hopeful Girl

Wonderful Hopeful! Hi to Notforme and Carita. Good to see all of you.

Blue :smitten:

Hi Blue,

Thank you! How are you? You were there for me during the worst of times as well and for that I will always be grateful.

Hugs!

Hopeful Girl

Good Morning,  I tapered last night to 0.0312 of Xanax.  I was nervous about it !  I am generally doing very well although I had a rather rough weekend.  This is scary !

That's Awesome Kb45, you are almost done.  It is very scary for me also with each drop because of the dreaded worries about how it will affect you. I am glad you are doing well.  At this low of a dose I hope you don't even feel it.  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ea...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [En...]
    • [...]
    • [Ba...]