Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

thanks for the information kantu i have a new pestle and mortar i waited a month to get it from china i got online its broke however  :tickedoff: the bowl is fine just the pestle is broke look i think i might be able to grind a O.O625mg with that marble sized stub

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/SSPX03061brokeebayitem_zps204aacf9.jpg

Nice 8) Do they offer a money back guarantee? >:D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just to inform you all that I am now Xanax free and feel so clean.  At 0.2 mg/day, the benzo flu hit me hard, but was able to power through.  Symptoms are slowly subsiding, but noticeable, including:

Head Pressure/headaches

Lethargy

Uneven sleep

So many people to thank to - Hopefull Girl, Mrs, Juliea, Carita, Benzy and more.  For all the "newcomers," just keep on chipping away and let your body dictate the taper and best wishes.

Kantu

Congratulations Kantu!

thanks for the information kantu i have a new pestle and mortar i waited a month to get it from china i got online its broke however  :tickedoff: the bowl is fine just the pestle is broke look i think i might be able to grind a O.O625mg with that marble sized stub

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/SSPX03061brokeebayitem_zps204aacf9.jpg

babyangel, I'm not 100% certain because I did not titrate, but I think Xanax might not need to be ground up.  When I practiced titration, the tablet just fell apart.

Kantu, if you are still around, did you crush your pills?

Knowing me I would have probably crushed the pills though because I'd want to get the pill particles as small as possible, but I'm not sure it's necessary?  ???  I know lots of people who titrate Valium and Klonopin and they don't have to grind up their pills.

What I would do though Katie, is I would mix my Xanax up with the liquid first, without reducing my dose and drink it for at least a week.  This way the body can get accustomed to the new delivery in liquid.

Good luck.  :thumbsup:

LOL it was Only $3 including shipping (WOW( , i did file a complaint on ebay the seller responded saying “you need to email me a photo of the broken item to get your refund and i can keep the item just reply and attach a photo of the item to prove its broke  ” i responded umm okay whats your email addy? theres no way to attach photo files there on ebay , no answers yet!! i had a bad month buyin stuff online that pestle and this keyboard im using the p button dont work i click ctrl v to paste a p i copied the zero buttons broke as well ,

LOL it was Only $3 including shipping (WOW( , i did file a complaint on ebay the seller responded saying “you need to email me a photo of the broken item to get your refund and i can keep the item just reply and attach a photo of the item to prove its broke  ” i responded umm okay whats your email addy? theres no way to attach photo files there on ebay , no answers yet!! i had a bad month buyin stuff online that pestle and this keyboard im using the p button dont work i click ctrl v to paste a p i copied the zero buttons broke as well ,

Whoa, Katie...Talk about a stroke of bad luck. ??? Did you get a discount on the keyboard? Maybe they could just send you another P button. :idiot::D

Thank you all for the wishes.

Juliea, I did not crush the pill.  I simply dropped it in 100 mL and let it "suspend."  I used a clear glass jar that could hold about 150 mL of water.  I would give it a good swirl before taking out any liquid and ensured that all the particles were suspended.  I did notice that the "oblong" shaped 0.25 mg pills were not as good as the 0.25 mg "bars," in that the bars suspended in about 5-10 minutes.

BabyAngel, in your case, you could try suspending 0.125 mg (so cut your 0.25 mg in half) in 100 mL of water.  Then, if you take out 50 mLs, this will equate 0.0615 mg, which is your nightly dose.  Then make a fresh liquid suspension every night and take 50 mL for one week to see how you adjust.  Thereafter, take out a small amount every night.  For instance, take out 52 mL and discard and drink the remaining 48 mL.  Like this, you slowly lower the volume that you will drink every night.  You can PM me once you are ready.  All you need is a 100 mL plastic graduated cylinder and 10 mL syringes (I ordered mine from Amazon).  It may be worth a try.  However, I am not sure how strong your symptoms are.  There are some herbs or other over the products to try.  You have to have a strong will and get off this drug.  I believe you are trying to crush the pill and take out some powder, correct?

Regards,

Kantu 

Babyangel,

Juliea is correct - it's not necessary to grind up the Xanax with mortar & pestle. I am liquid tapering with Xanax and simply drop my pills into the water, wait a few minutes for them to melt, then shake real hard before drawing off my toss dose. 

:smitten:

Babyangel,

Juliea is correct - it's not necessary to grind up the Xanax with mortar & pestle. I am liquid tapering with Xanax and simply drop my pills into the water, wait a few minutes for them to melt, then shake real hard before drawing off my toss dose. 

:smitten:

Me too :thumbsup:

Mrs. :smitten:

thank you very much folks for your kindness and suggestions water tapping is something im new to and i was confused about the process

Thank you all for the wishes.

Juliea, I did not crush the pill. I simply dropped it in 100 mL and let it "suspend."  I used a clear glass jar that could hold about 150 mL of water.  I would give it a good swirl before taking out any liquid and ensured that all the particles were suspended.  I did notice that the "oblong" shaped 0.25 mg pills were not as good as the 0.25 mg "bars," in that the bars suspended in about 5-10 minutes.

BabyAngel, in your case, you could try suspending 0.125 mg (so cut your 0.25 mg in half) in 100 mL of water.  Then, if you take out 50 mLs, this will equate 0.0615 mg, which is your nightly dose.  Then make a fresh liquid suspension every night and take 50 mL for one week to see how you adjust.  Thereafter, take out a small amount every night.  For instance, take out 52 mL and discard and drink the remaining 48 mL.  Like this, you slowly lower the volume that you will drink every night.  You can PM me once you are ready.  All you need is a 100 mL plastic graduated cylinder and 10 mL syringes (I ordered mine from Amazon).  It may be worth a try.  However, I am not sure how strong your symptoms are.  There are some herbs or other over the products to try.  You have to have a strong will and get off this drug.  I believe you are trying to crush the pill and take out some powder, correct?

Regards,

Kantu

That works great.  These pills break up just fine in water.

great news !! this is my 3rd day havnt taken my O.O625 xanax dose ! i feel awesome right now an hour ago i used my treadmill 3O minutes doing a 1 1/2 mile fast paced walk on it, after that i did some work outside now im fixing to take a long hot bath and drink a cup of chamomille tea

i think what made me successfull was taking a Super vitamin B Complex i got from walmart theyre a MUCH higher MG dose than the cheap small bcomplex vitmains i been buying from family dollar

Fantastic news, babyangel.  If you can make it 3-days, you can make it 365-days, then 3-years.  ;D I'm really proud of you!!!!!  Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

Baby, that is wonderful news!  We are ALL proud of you!  This is not an easy road as you well know, but I'm so happy to hear you are 3 days out.  Keep up the excellent work sweetie!

Bunny

thank you very much folks for your kindness and suggestions water tapping is something im new to and i was confused about the process

That is great news babyangel. I am sure you will make it. 

I'd make a point of staying away from this stuff for life.

People say the second time around is much tougher.

:'( at 1am 40 minutes ago i woke up with severe tinnitis i woke up mom to give me a massage on my neck i had to take a tiny dose of 0.0625 xanax i dont feel it ceede much i might have to take another :( today was going to be day 6 without xanax :(

BabyAngel,

I am afraid until you can figure out a way to forge ahead through the withdrawal symptoms, no matter how bad they are you will continue down the path of using. Cold turkeying off .0625 doesn't seem to be working for you. Why don't you try the daily liquid taper or something different. You seem to have tried to cut out all .0625 several times now with no success, is it time to try something different? The wd symptoms will be there hon, you prob won't be able to get away from them. And cont to reinstate time after time is prob not the best way if you really want to quit. Another path might work better. IMO. I will be jumping at .0625, I don't plan on being one bit symptom free. In fact I plan on it being probably hell for 6 months....with loads of symptoms. It is part of the wd process to get off. Think about trying something different.

Grinch

i really had my hopes up, i didnt follow my  schedule i had been walking on treadmill 20-30 minutes all week before this i also smoked quite a few cigaretes i went to my rural ranch yesterday evening i was mowing there and doing other outdoor work it seemed easy to just light up a cig if i was outside already, i also didnt take a 3 hour nap in the day i usually take , umm i thought of taking valerian root on day 3 or day 4 since there probably wont be any traces of xanax in me since i was taking just 0.0625

so here i am back on benzos :(

Agree with Grinch on this, babyangel.  Time to forge ahead, once we're done with the taper it still takes awhile for the w/d symptoms to even begin to settle down.

Challis  :thumbsup:

babyangel, if I waited until I had no tinnitus, I'd still be on Xanax because my tinnitus comes and goes, still at almost 15 months free.  Reinstating due to something like this tells me that you're going to have a hard time stopping if you expect to stop and be totally symptom free.  Stoping Xanax when we're dependent is not a symptom free process.

I'll be willing to bet that if you'd allowed yourself to deal with the symptom, by morning it would not have been as bad.  Also tinnitus is one of those symptoms that when we focus our attention on it, it gets louder.  So distracting and thinking of something else will often make it go away until I think about it again.  Plus,  XANAX CAUSES TINNITUS.

If I were you I'd jump and throw away my Xanax.  I've read posts where you expressed a good feeling because you are able to buy Xanax so inexpensively.  Please remember, no matter how cheap your pills are, the cost to your health is enormous.

Juliea  :smitten:

thank you Challis99  and juliea for your concerns , i really need to make more lifestyle changes, i first need to quit smoking i smoked 3 cigarettes this morning so far it does something to my brain that disagrees with me , the tinitis i got at 1am this morning was bad to the point it woke me up my mouth was quivering as if it was really cold when it wasnt cold things like that really worry me because ive had mild seizures occasionally since 11/2004 most of them occuring when im asleep the worst i had was 2-3 months ago when i had 3-4 in 1 night :( , i plan to try a new remedy that i took 2 years ago get 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt and another 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda mix that in a tiny ammount of water and drink it

before this morning i had no tinitis after day 2

i think ill stay on 0.0625 awhile maybe this dose size is something i have to live with , um i have to call my dr soon to ask him if he can substitute the abilify with another medication thats more affordable i dont have insurance and abilfy costs $819 a month!

i dont think he's a very good dr i did some reasearch on abilify and saw that people with history of seizures shouldnt take that

thanks again people for your concerns ,

katie

Xanax is not a maintenance drug.  After holding for so many weeks at .0625 I doubt there's much to be gained by going back on it but it is your call.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ch...]
    • [le...]
    • [Po...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Kl...]
    • [...]
    • [fr...]