Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Marley,

From what I hear lots of things go gnarly in wd and taper. I say, if it doesn't do you well....stop. I am off gluten, pork, bananas, alcohol, caffeine, msg, green beans, tuna, processed sugar and food .....if it doesn't sit well with me...I stop.

G

Grinch,

What?

Baby! :smitten:

I didn't notice that before, but it made me giggle now :) I think she meant any foods that don't agree with her during withdrawal :)

Happy 4th to you and yours, girl. I think about you almost every day. If it weren't for your friendship and encouragement in my early days I simply wouldn't be where I'm at today. Thank you for your friendship.

Oh, and just for old time's sake: :pokey:

:laugh: Love you.

Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi to two of my favorite buddies. Dealing with my gabapentin withdrawal and thinking of all the friendship and support the two of you gave me in my Xanax w/d. Love and miss you!

:smitten:

Hopeful Girl

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopeful, Baby AND Mrs....all on one page! It is so good to see you. Wishing you well Hopeful...gabapentin can be sticky but you know how to do it. So glad I looked at the thread today. We were together for a long time....I am grateful for the many words of support we all provided for one another.

Love, Carita

Hi Baby, Mrs, Hopeful and Carita,

As Carita said, I too am "grateful for the many words of support we all provided for one another". Love you all :smitten:

Blue

Oh Blue...how nice to see you too! Seems like years ago that we started this trek together. I'm still walking! Hope you are seeing signs of healing.

Love to you,

Carita

BabyRex,  I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you've been.  How are you doing?  I sure hope some better.  Praying for better days for all of us.  Thank you all, Mrs. Carita, BlueBell, Juliea and everyone for so much support.  It means so much as you all know. 

Hugs to you all,

Bunny

Hey Bunny,

How ya doing?

Do you ever feel wired interdose on Xanax?  I'm going to have to switch to something else..

Hi Jerry,

Thank goodness I do not.  Yeah, I think maybe considering valium is a good option for you. 

Bunny

Kudos to you, Jerry, for knowing yourself so well. Tapering directly from xanax is not for everyone. If water titration and spreading out my doses throughout the day hadn't worked for me, you bet I would've considered something different, like crossing over to valium. You should be proud of yourself for being willing to do what is right for your body (which only you can know for you :) ).

If you do decide to cross over, I hope you'll still stick around here and keep us company, as well as updated on your progress :)

Take care Jerry :) You will do great, no matter what you decide! :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey buddies, Just a quick stop in to see how you all are. I have been super busy with my kid, and thank god because it did help me not just sit there suffering. Now i'm alone and feel like crud. I can't do much because this last 2.75mg is seriously wiping me out. Back into the battle of getting off this forever.

Nothing really new as far as sxs goes, just some days it gets muted abit, other days are screaming in my brain. The last cuts seem to have been ok. Maybe I was so focused on something other than this It helped a bit. Feeling like there is no distracting myself today. So back to the inevitable grind.

Down to 2.5mg, Anyone hit a bump in there taper where holding does nothing? And updose makes you sick? Guess there is no other way but out.  Btw anyone else start losing alot of hair going through this? In the last three months I have thinned way out and my hair color got lighter wtf, least of my worries but dang.

Love to you all. We are getting better every day. :smitten:

Hey buddies, Just a quick stop in to see how you all are. I have been super busy with my kid, and thank god because it did help me not just sit there suffering. Now i'm alone and feel like crud. I can't do much because this last 2.75mg is seriously wiping me out. Back into the battle of getting off this forever.

Nothing really new as far as sxs goes, just some days it gets muted abit, other days are screaming in my brain. The last cuts seem to have been ok. Maybe I was so focused on something other than this It helped a bit. Feeling like there is no distracting myself today. So back to the inevitable grind.

Down to 2.5mg, Anyone hit a bump in there taper where holding does nothing? And updose makes you sick? Guess there is no other way but out.  Btw anyone else start losing alot of hair going through this? In the last three months I have thinned way out and my hair color got lighter wtf, least of my worries but dang.

Synapskills,

Great progress! Large reductions could mean your GABA receptors have not had a chance to up regulate with

your taper rate. IMO

I held for two months after a long tough summer of cutting .25mg reductions from 3mg to 1 mg. I had no "tolerance"

withdrawals, a lot of healing, but that was me.

Lost a lot of my hair, got a bunch more grey. Your body is not in balance, which throws just anything off.

May you feel better. Slow in my humble opinion is the way to go.

Notforme :angel:

Synapskills,

Great progress! Large reductions could mean your GABA receptors have not had a chance to up regulate with

your taper rate. IMO

I held for two months after a long tough summer of cutting .25mg reductions from 3mg to 1 mg. I had no "tolerance"

Lost a lot of my hair, got a bunch more grey. Your body is not in balance, which throws just anything off.

just curious, what mechanism do you think is at play to cause hair to fall out and become grey from benzo withdrawal?

Synapskills,

your taper rate. IMO

just curious, what mechanism do you think is at play to cause hair to fall out and become grey from benzo withdrawal?

mentor,

Since this is a support thread, I'm not going to go into the scientific links I've read about how benzo withdrawal effects many systems in our body, including the HPA axis that our buddie Perseverance has researched extensively.  If you google hair loss and stress, you can read about this.

Not only did my hair change color and texture, (it became dry and wiry), and fell out in large clumps and thinned, but my skin suffered even more so than my hair and the skin recovery is ongoing.  The hair is back to normal now.

One of our buddies babyrex, has suffered horrific hair loss and this symptom is very common here.

Hair and skin problems are common in benzo withdrawal and I suspect the HPA axis Dysregulation caused by benzos is part of the culprit.

Sorry to answer for you Notforme, but I see you are not online right now.  :smitten:

Juliea

Not to mention mineral depletion, whacked thyroid, and gut absorption issues. Got the hair loss going on here, too, although it had once subsided....started back recently.

:smitten:

Since this is a support thread, I'm not going to go into the scientific links I've read

Why? Where else would this be of interest if not here?

Anyone?

Since this is a support thread, I'm not going to go into the scientific links I've read

Why? Where else would this be of interest if not here?

Anyone?

We try to keep the Support Threads to support.  Discussions related to the science of benzo withdrawal are best carried out on Chewing the Fat

i was recently unsuccessfull quitting my low dose of 0.0625 mg xanax a day the 3rd day being xanax-free it hit me hard i had to take a dose, today i felt worse i had to take 0.125 at 4am this morning then .25mg a few hours ago :(

i was recently unsuccessfull quitting my low dose of 0.0625 mg xanax a day the 3rd day being xanax-free it hit me hard i had to take a dose, today i felt worse i had to take 0.125 at 4am this morning then .25mg a few hours ago :(

specifically, why?

withdrawls hit me hard mentor then i had a stressfull day yesterday

lol, yes, i understand.

i was looking for specifics. You had tachycardia that needed top be converted in the ER, you had full blown fully formed hallucinations, you had a seizure....???

Babyangel, did you actually have those wd syx that Mentor mentioned??? Coming off .0625?? Have you ever thought of doing a daily liquid titration to keep lowering the dose if your body won't allow or you can't manage the jump from .0625? You are so close...it seems such a possibility for you at such a low dose! Have you tried those other methods to get lower really slow??

G

Is this normal for Xanax?

I never quite feel normal when I take my dose.  It does calm me down...and lessen the crazies I feel.

I never feel happy, or what I would consider normal.  I hang on until my next dose 4 hours later and repeat the process.  I feel sedated when i first take it, then wired 3 hours later.

I'm not motivated to do much.  I just kind of sit around and hide, waiting for the next set of sx...

Is this normal for Xanax, or is there a normal?

Hi Jerry,

You've cut 1/2 your original dose in about 6 months, that's a pretty stiff cut rate.  I'm guessing you're feeling actual w/d and also some interdose w/d.  Any chance you can slow it down a bit to see if that will help? 

Wishing you better days  :smitten:

Bunny

Hi Jerry,

I'm still doing pretty good.  Maybe make your cuts smaller?  I hold for no less than 14 days between cuts.  I need to look at your sig to see how long you're holding.

Rabbit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ca...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [In...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Re...]
    • [En...]
    • [Po...]