Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Say Juliea,

I was curious...at what point did you feel like you passed through your "acute" phase? I think your taper was that you cut from 3mg to 0mg making 0.0625mg cuts; what dosage were you at where you felt it was acute withdrawal?

Jus' wonderin' is all :) No rush gettin' back to me girl :) Anytime is good :) Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Mrs. 

To me, acute means severe.  I experienced my most severe stage of withdrawal from 3mg to 1.562mgs.  I was not cutting .0625 at this stage of my taper.  From 3mg to 2mg, I was cutting .25mg and from 2mg to 1.562mg, I was cutting .125.  It was only after I started cutting .0625 that I began to feel better.

I believe a lot of my acute symptoms were brought about, not as much by the sized cuts I was making, but more probably because I was cutting weekly.  I had not yet learned to listen to my body, wait for the cut to hit and then wait again for the symptoms from the cut to settle back down.

My symptoms during this phase included pretty severe dizziness and vertigo, GI problems, hot and cold flashes and lots of sweating, intense fear, left hand trembled, headaches, body pain, agoraphobia, and so forth. 

I had one other acute wave during Christmas, when I was at 1.0625.  This wave was brought about by anxiety and stress over Christmas.  Actually, this was a hold period when a symptom came up that I'd never had before  :o --- but the wave only lasted 3-4 days.  As soon as the holiday stress was over on Dec., 26, I felt well enough to cut again.  This symptom never showed back up.  If it had stuck around, I don't believe I could have tapered another bit until it passed.

There was nothing remarkable about the rest of my taper other than when I started progressively making cuts over 10%, I began to feel better and better.  But I believe I felt better because I had arrived at this point in my taper very slowly, and always waited for the cut to settle back down prior to cutting again.  Xanax was aggravating my nervous system and my nervous system reacted by decreasing symptoms as I, very slowly, cut the aggravator out.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Juliea  :smitten:

Hi All,

I have just 0.25 mg left.  I divide doses and take it 5 X daily - 6 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 6 pm and 10 pm.  Am water tapering, based on symptoms.  Mornings are the worst, then a few hours around 4 pm.  However, as I have gone down, I feel better and better.  My worst symptom is head pressure/pain at the sides of temples - alleviated by Tylenol.  Nowadays, this pain is present for about 8-12 hours a day, so can tolerate.  At the rate I am going, might be able to taper off by the end of July - not sure, as will let the pain dictate how fast to go.  Am water tapering a total of 0.0125 mg every day for two days straight and then a hold on the third day.  Sure is good to suspend only one tablet in 200 ml of water and take the 5 doses from it (currently, am drinking 40 mls per dose) - makes it convenient.  Can see the end of the journey, now that I am so close.

Am functional for about 9 months now - so would say that am 75-80% healed.

Thankful to a lot of people - "HopefulGirl" advised me on the water titration aspects when I had the "benzo brain."  "Benzy" was very helpful also.  Am following this thread started by Mrs........

Stay strong all - it is hard, but this is the only way out of this mess that we have been chosen to endure in our lives.

Kantu

Grinch, I'm so sorry your symptoms are so severe.  I wish that cutting smaller amounts and holding for longer would help you.  You continue to be in my thoughts  :smitten:

Mrs., I'm sorry you seem to be in your 'acute' period now.  I sure hope it doesn't last long.  This journey sure is different for everyone.  You've been such a great example and encourager of so many.  Thank you for everything you've done for those on this thread.  I hope your acute journey is a short one.  Hugs and prayers to you  :smitten:

Jerry, glad to hear your more frequent dosing is helping somewhat.  How would you say you feel, 60/40, 75/25?  I forget, are you able to work?  Good vibes coming your way my friend.

V, my sis, you are always such an encourager and uplifter.  God bless you!  I know your symptoms are up and down, hopefully your body will be one of those that responds to feeling better the lower you get.  Hugs and prayers to you sis  :smitten:

Kantu - what good news that you are feeling better the lower you go.  That is music to my ears!  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  The closer folks get to the finish the more everyone wants to know how you're doing.  I hope things continue to go well for you.  :thumbsup:

Juliea - do you mind telling us what that symptom was that was so awful at Christmas?  If you're not comfortable, I totally understand  :)

Hugs to everyone!

Rabbit

Oh goodness Jerry, that's a pretty big swing.  I sure hope you can get some more stability with the more frequent dosing.  Hugs my friend  :smitten:

Julia, did you feel worse in the morning?

I'd usually have a chest shock from cortisol wake me up each morning.  But as soon as I made myself get up and face the day, I was ok, unless it was hit day.  I didn't really have a time of day I noticed to be worse.  Evenings were ok I think, but my memory of all of this is starting to fade.  I do remember being awakened by an electrical shocking sensation in my chest though, I don't think I'll forget that.  But it only lasted a few seconds.  It startled me awake. 

Juliea - do you mind telling us what that symptom was that was so awful at Christmas?  If you're not comfortable, I totally understand.

Hey, Rabbit.  Good to see you.  :)  Bluebell had the symptom a lot and called it the creepy crawlers.  The medical name for the symptom is formication.  It felt like a fuzzy spider was crawling around on my forehead and right eyebrow.  And like fire ants had invaded my scalp.  :o I don't know how Bluebell put up with this as often as she did.  It was my absolute worst symptom hands down.  But it only lasted for 3-4 days.  I lived with a cold compress on my forehead and scalp the whole time those 4-days.  I did not want to scare anyone, this is why I didn't say.  As far as I know, Blue and I were the only folks tapering Xanax who experienced it while I was tapering.  This was my most severe symptom, (as far as being intolerable and it sure was for me, especially the fuzzy spider feeling.  It sounds crazy, because I also could describe it as something lightly brushing a feather across my forehead.  It doesn't sound like it would hurt, but this was the closest thing to torture I've ever experienced in my life.  It itched like crazy, but no amount of scratching relieved the itchy feeling.  I believe it was the nerves in that part of my face firing back up.   

:smitten:

Thank you Juliea, that is an odd symptom.  Not sure I've heard anyone else with that one.  They say there are a TON of symptoms, some common, some not so common.  Thank you for sharing that.  I hope this is one I don't get, YIKES!

Hugs to you my friend,

Bunny

What is a good % rate to cut from Xanax at my dosage of 1.5mg?  I went from 1.72 to 1.51 and have felt like hell the last couple days.  This was about a 12% cut from my total daily dosage.  Was this too much?  I got really wired to the point where I was jumping out of my skin.  A very distasteful feeling.

What is a good % rate to cut from Xanax at my dosage of 1.5mg?  I went from 1.72 to 1.51 and have felt like hell the last couple days.  This was about a 12% cut from my total daily dosage.  Was this too much?  I got really wired to the point where I was jumping out of my skin.  A very distasteful feeling.

Personally, I would adopt a .0625 cut now.  It will be a low % at this point in your taper.  I believe this cut allowed me to really heal on the way down.  I found that when I got to just above .50, (where the cut increased over 10%), I did not need to decrease the size of the cut and was able to ride it to zero.  This might happen for you too, Jerry.

If you wish to 'push the envelop', (which I do not suggest), you could do 2 cuts of .125mg and stay right at 10%, until you hit 1.25mg.  At 1.25, if you continued cutting .125, the % would start to go over 10% progressively as you cut down.

Jerry,

Since your struggling with interdose withdrawal, and changed your dosing schedule,

Looks like your body is adjusting.

For me, anything over 10% added to my symptoms.If this was me, I would

Stay at my prior dose of 1.72 & hold so my body adjust to the new dosing

schedule.  I know, no fun.

Peace~

Nfm

Thanks, I don't wish to push the envelope.  In fact my resolve to get off diminishes when I get hit with bad anxiety.

I don't want to give up my good evenings by cutting too fast. 

Don't think I can do this mutter mutter :tickedoff:

Thanks, I don't wish to push the envelope.  In fact my resolve to get off diminishes when I get hit with bad anxiety.

I don't want to give up my good evenings by cutting too fast. 

Don't think I can do this mutter mutter :tickedoff:

Here is what my taper looked like from 1.5 to zero, Jerry.  This is just for your reference.

10/9  1.50mg      -.0625 

10/20  1.437mg  -.0625

10/27  1.375mg  -.0625

11/6  1.312mg    -.0625

11/16  1.25mg    -.0625

11/25  1.187mg  -.0625

12/3  1.125mg    -.0625

12/12  1.0625mg -.0625

12/26  1mg          -.0625

1/3/13 .9375mg  -.0625

1/11 .875mg       -.0625

1/19 .812mg       -.0625

1/26 .75mg         -.0625

2/2 .6875mg       -.0625

2/9 .625mg         -.0625

2/16 .562mg       -.0625

2/22 .50mg         -.0625

3/1 .437mg         -.0625

3/12 .375mg       -.0625

3/20 .312mg       -.0625

3/27 .25mg         -.0625

4/4 .1875mg       -.0625

4/11 .125mg       -.0625

4/18 .0625mg.    -.0625

4/25/2013  Benzo Free  :thumbsup:

Once per day dosing??

Yes, because I did not have the interdose wd problem, that most folks have with Xanax.  I took mine at bedtime. 

Yes, because I did not have the interdose wd problem, that most folks have with Xanax.  I took mine at bedtime.

Mutter mutter grumble :tickedoff:

Thanks Juliea :)

^^^ :2funny: :2funny:

I love Juliea and the help she offers this forum so much, but I couldn't help but be a little **ahem** "happy" for her when I heard she didn't have interdose withdrawal. Or symptomatic in the lower doses. Happy. Yes, nothing but happy for my buddy. :tickedoff::pokey::boxer::muscle:

:laugh: (just playing around, Juliea! I gots nothing but love for ya! And I truly am happy you did not have to deal with those things also :) )

Happy happy,  no one should have to go thru interdose WD..  :thumbsup:

Oddly I have  dual complaint about Xanax....it hits me to hard and fast, leaving me gorked out.

Then leaves me like a jackrabbit on a date, wondering what the hell happened?

I feel like shit when I take it, but I feel worse if I don't. :tickedoff:

Later :smitten:

^^^ :2funny: :2funny:

I love Juliea and the help she offers this forum so much, but I couldn't help but be a little **ahem** "happy" for her when I heard she didn't have interdose withdrawal. Or symptomatic in the lower doses. Happy. Yes, nothing but happy for my buddy. :tickedoff::pokey::boxer::muscle:

:laugh: (just playing around, Juliea! I gots nothing but love for ya! And I truly am happy you did not have to deal with those things also :) )

I know, Mrs.  :2funny: 

How the heck did I escape that after 25-years on the junk is beyond me!!!!  ???  Also, my bedtime was always changing.  Sometimes I went to bed at 9PM and sometimes 4AM.  Never did I feel the need to take it except when I was in bed and ready for sleep.

Maybe I'm like Pavlov's dog.  :laugh:  Get in bed:  Need Xanax: for sleep.  I was deeply conditioned to this and this also might be why the insomnia came back the night I jumped.  Never felt the need to take it during the day, because this just wasn't my habit.  Rarely took one during the day the entire 25-years.  Xanax = Sleeping pill.  Charlie also only dosed 1X per day and did not get interdose wd.  I believe Charlie took Xanax for 14-years or so.

I wish I knew how it felt so I could help others with this problem.  :(

Believe me, you do NOT wish you knew how it felt, lol :P Just take our words for it ;)

How's things with my other xanax buddies?

JerryK

Most important part....... staying on course....... a nice bell curve, not a jump off a cliff.

The posted taper will work. I successfully completed that exact taper from 1 mg to zero.

I did not updose, take more at different times nor mess with the timing. Our brains crave

stability. Stay the course, adjust as you get lower in dose, with even dosages

and times throughout a

24 hour day. Especially important in the lower part of your taper.

Sending you healing vibes ~~~~

Notforme

Hey Not

I think you may have also answered my question. I dose 3 x a day and a cut is due. I could drop one of my doses now to achieve that cut, and be at 2 doses a day or I could shave a bit off of one of my other doses and still keep it at three.

I was wondering what to do? I've been tapering about 6 months now and have not yet dropped a dose.

Until yesterday. I dropped my mid dose as my 'cut".

But now, today, I think I want to go back and keep my 3 x a day pattern.

I asked Juliea but I'll ask you too, do you think it's 'safe' to now go back to my 3 x a day? It was less then 24 hours ago that I dropped my one dose as my 'cut". And I think maybe I should play it safe and stick with my same 3 x a day pattern.

But I don't want my CNS to flip. Although it has only been just one day.

Any advice?

I just thought it would be easy to drop one dose as my 'cut'. because cutting them up is a pain.

But maybe I should just stick with the 3 x a day all down until the very end...I don't want any trouble.

Thanks

JACD

I have not made a cut since 5/25 so it has been a month,I am feeling better and most of time i forget that i even need to take my next dose and in the am i don't feel like i need it,BUT i always take the .75 a day.

I am wondering how slow it to slow or is there no such thing? Is it safer to go this slow with my taper will it make it harder? I just have NO desire to hurry it and the last cut i had ALOT of SX so next cut will be smaller then 0.625.

My youngest daughter will be gone for the summer next weekend so i am wondering if it is ok to wait to cut again after she is back with her dad,as my SX can really SUCK. I have not even picked up the COCKTAIL that my new NP prescribed my pharmacist even said they are very strong drugs and hard to get off.

I have had a REALLY bad stomach ache for 4 days now. Not sure why but i do. Alot of pain from my pinched nerve also. My body aches all over but that is nothing new and it was that way before xanax,not sure what to do with that but it adds to my agony.I am also still afraid of seizure for some odd reason and scared to death to get to the end of my taper and leave  xanax behind scared of what may happen to my brain lol

thank you all for the help

have a great day ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [SB...]
    • [be...]
    • [be...]
    • [...]
    • [PE...]
    • [An...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Le...]