Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

JerryK

Most important part....... staying on course....... a nice bell curve, not a jump off a cliff.

The posted taper will work. I successfully completed that exact taper from 1 mg to zero.

I did not updose, take more at different times nor mess with the timing. Our brains crave

stability. Stay the course, adjust as you get lower in dose, with even dosages

and times throughout a

24 hour day. Especially important in the lower part of your taper.

Sending you healing vibes ~~~~

Notforme

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not so agitated anymore...but I do feel somewhat insane early in the AM and interdose.

I will give the 8x per day a try...before I beg for Valium...

Thanks Notforme....did u find the 8x dosage schedule helped smooth u out?

i've been on a yo yo since I started Xanax.  It is what makes me so non functional.

I an intrigued by the 8 x dosing schedule that was just posted...I wonder if it would help me?

Sedated to wired, every 4 hours...yes my CNS is confused...

If I remember correctly, I told you that I thought you had one of the worst cases of interdose withdrawal I'd ever seen here.  I'd expect dosing more often might really help you, Jerry.  I'd give it a try if I were in your shoes.

Dosing every two hours will help with Interdose withdrawal. Invest in a pill container with 8 compartments, put your doses in each one, remember your dose times (VIP). This way you are not

trying to "figure out nor remember if or when you took your dose" Its all there for you. Limit your

thinking about tapering and or making a mistake. It will take time to get used too, oh so worth it.

NFM

Hi JerryK

Sorry I was responding when I saw your question.

YES, it helped smooth out my taper......... as in A LOT. Remember, it may take a week to get

on schedule depending on your system. Don't cut, as a change in dosing is considered one.

Once you feel okay, start. PM me if you need me. I can log on and post to this thread in

regards to any question(s) about this type of taper.

Your going to be okay, JK

NFM

Dosing every 4 hours now...

If you want me to wait until I feel Ok...  that's only for a few hours a day. :laugh:

I'll just divide my current total dose by 8 and be on my way....

Dosing every 4 hours now...

If you want me to wait until I feel Ok...  that's only for a few hours a day. :laugh:

I'll just divide my current total dose by 8 and be on my way....

You know yourself better than anyone else, Jerry. May each day get better and better for you. :thumbsup:

Reminder, Better to taper the Benzo you know than the one you don't. Just sayin. 8)

Your Choice, Jerry. :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting this i just might try this also but I am at .75mg now and i have had a battle with inter dose also.So If i divide the .75 up into even doses for every 2 hours is that correct? and then when i start to cut again i do that by cutting just one of the .125 doses? is that right. I have not made a cut since 5/31 because i have felt like crap.

Thank you again for posting this it may just help me also. My NP is pushing a cocktail on me and i just want to taper down and then see if i still have anxiety or if it is this damn pill.

We will all get there slow but sure!!!! :thumbsup:

Just an update, have been off of xanax since april. Rarely taking 2 mg maybe once a week if I'm having trouble sleeping.  If I can get off of it after being on it since I was 16 years old then anyone can.

Just an update, have been off of xanax since april. Rarely taking 2 mg maybe once a week if I'm having trouble sleeping.  If I can get off of it after being on it since I was 16 years old then anyone can.

So glad you're off the Xanax. But if I may say so, I wouldn't reach for it ever again. That's what got me into the mess I'm in today....taking sporadic sleep doses, thinking it wouldn't hurt. There are other ways to improve sleep.

:smitten:

Thanks to NOtforme, I've moved my dosing schedule to every two hours, to lessen the yo yo effect.

I still feel some mental anguish, just a constant low level anguish rather then sedated and wired every 4 hours.  Seems to smooth me out...

Jerryk

Good Morning. You're welcome. Anything I can do to help is playing it

forward. There were others helping me when I struggled throughout my

Taper. Xanax is so seductive.

......  You can do this. ........

In light

Notforme :-)

Does anyone feel cuts immediately 24 hrs - two days after? I am down to 2.75mg a day broken in 4 doses as u can see by my sign. Last week I cut .25 and had no additional syx, this week I cut and had tremendous gi syx (agonizing stomach pain, nausea - morning nausea is unbearable - , diarrhea, no appetite, bad taste in mouth) and I guess the blues and feeling blah, unhappy, the very next 2 days after the cut. They seem to be not as intense now. (I cut on Fri today is Mon) Julia and Challis felt their cuts diff, the 3rd/4th or 4th/5th day, so far from what I can tell with me any syx from a cut I get usually by the 5th day they seem to be less. The worst is right away within 24 hrs. Anyone else?

Also did this pattern change as you tapered lower? Did the days you most felt the cuts change as you got lower? I chose Fri to drop bc I wanted my wk ends to be the most useful and free of syx thinking the worst will hit Mon -Wed, it's not turning out that way. Sat and Sun are the worst so far. Just wondering if this can shift as the doses drop. I mean, I KNOW they can, anything can happen during this, just wondering if anyone experienced a change in "uptick times/days" after a cut as they tapered.

G

Does anyone feel cuts immediately 24 hrs - two days after? I am down to 2.75mg a day broken in 4 doses as u can see by my sign. Last week I cut .25 and had no additional syx, this week I cut and had tremendous gi syx (agonizing stomach pain, nausea - morning nausea is unbearable - , diarrhea, no appetite, bad taste in mouth) and I guess the blues and feeling blah, unhappy, the very next 2 days after the cut. They seem to be not as intense now. (I cut on Fri today is Mon) Julia and Challis felt their cuts diff, the 3rd/4th or 4th/5th day, so far from what I can tell with me any syx from a cut I get usually by the 5th day they seem to be less. The worst is right away within 24 hrs. Anyone else?

Also did this pattern change as you tapered lower? Did the days you most felt the cuts change as you got lower? I chose Fri to drop bc I wanted my wk ends to be the most useful and free of syx thinking the worst will hit Mon -Wed, it's not turning out that way. Sat and Sun are the worst so far. Just wondering if this can shift as the doses drop. I mean, I KNOW they can, anything can happen during this, just wondering if anyone experienced a change in "uptick times/days" after a cut as they tapered.

G

HI G

I feel you on this, G. At the beginning of my taper, I too cut .25  per Dr.

Did not go well for me. My sxs showed up within 12~24 hours. Never

Had any consistency, regarding timing of sxs in x amount of days.

Since we are all different, I wonder if you're body is letting you know

to cut more conservative. IMO .125 mg? A thought.

I didn't get to a smooth transition from tapering, until I dosed 8 times

a day, using .0625 mg compounded Xanax capsules.

Hopefully this is temporary, and you start feeling better.

Notforme

Quite honestly, I feel cuts the same day...interdose as well.

G

Grinch, what I believe might possibly have occurred is that the back-to-back 2 weeks - on the dot - cuts might have caught up with you already.  Your body might not have completely stabilized from the previous cut and then when you hit it with another cut, 7-days later, BAM, your body said, woah by kicking up symptoms very quickly.  I know it's a pain not being able to possibly cut on the exact same day each week, but sometimes this simply does not work.  This might be what is occurring rather than your lag time truly changing.  I believe if I'd cut and a cut overlapped, (was too quick), I'd probably have felt increased sxs in 24-hours or so too.  That all said, some folks do feel their cuts quicker than others and this also can change as the taper progresses.

This is my take on your situation. 

MoveForward -- I'm glad you feel you are doing better with the Xanax.  :thumbsup:  I'd be careful dosing as-needed.  People stay hooked this way.  I've seen this happen over and over.  Be careful and good job getting to where you are now. 

Jerry, I hope the dosing Notforme told you about helps the yo yo'ing problem you've got. 

Notforme,  ALWAYS great to see you girl! :mybuddy:

VC, I read your Progress Log.  Very impressed with your taper!  Keep up the good work.

Marley, I hope you're hanging in there.

Mrs, thinking of you and hoping you are well.  :mybuddy:

To anyone I missed, hope you are doing well too!

Juliea  :smitten:

I understand. Thank you. I know I might be playing with fire cutting weekly, but I am in a constant state of wd, with syx that keep me bedridden most days, whether I cut or don't cut, and so getting off is the only option I can see. Holding makes no sign diff, going slower makes no sign diff, well it hasn't so far. I feel like crap no matter what and just can't go another several ms feeling awful and taking this crap. I am still within the range of 5-10% cuts and will remain there adjusting as I go down but even if I only dropped .0625 mg every 14 days with no uptick in syx I am still really sick with all my reg syx from wd or whatever they are from. They never leave. So for me getting off in a reasonable manner, but a structured and cont tapered, is the only way I can see out of this hell bc there will be no stabilizing for me or less syx at a slower speed or any of that. I believe this is my fate. I don't get to stabilize, and so cutting reasonably to get to zero is it. It is still going to take me a long time to come off of the rest. (I started this in Feb at 5 mg so it's been 6 ms already.. With a hold in there that did nothing) it's gonna take me longer than I want, but I am willing to meet in the middle, and adjust if I totally spiral down with upticks with cuts. I have another .25 cut to make to get to 2.50 mg and then I ll have to go to .125 mg to be under 10%. I might be a glutton for punishment, only time will tell. I really feel if I am bedridden already anyway I have nothing to lose....besides the drug. If I am going to be bedridden all the way down no matter my cuts, holds, doses...I d rather be bedridden for 3 ms and be off in the end than bedridden for 3 ms and not be off....for me and how this med is affecting me and my life that makes no sense.

I hear everyone's advice, thank you for being here and responding.  :smitten:

Thank you, Juliea. I feel like a bug on a snail's butt, regarding my tiny taper. Slow ride. :laugh: But sure appreciate the encouragement.  :smitten:

My love and prayers for all of you here.

V :smitten:

Jerry, I hope the dosing Notforme told you about helps the yo yo'ing problem you've got. 

Still on a yo yo, but the amplitude of the yoing is less!  Progress I guess...

Thank you Juliea. Trying my hardest not to add any other meds except diclofenec. And planning my next cut.

Have a great day :thumbsup:

VCharis,

Do you have wd syx with your slow taper?

G

Hey Grinch,

Oh, sure. I landed here on BBs in tolerance or interdose w/d...with a super sensitive nervous system,wrecked adrenals, and dysregulation. Seems like no matter what I do, I'm at least slightly symptomatic. But some days are far better than others. I actually leave the house now occasionally. But today's hard. Seems I need to hold every week at some point, if I want to sleep, that is.

:hug:

Jerry, yep - adrenaline surges seem to do that to me. Buzzy brain, etc. 

Thanks Juliea :) I believe that I am simply moving through my "acute" phase, and that by the end of this month, I will be feeling incredible :) One day at a time, and with God's help (for me) :)

VC, ain't nothing wrong with a snail's pace ;) I am so grateful to have moved at a snail's pace :) Worked very well for me :)

Take care all :) We are healing every single day :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey Mrs., nothing wrong with a snail's pace. You've done great. Just an accurate description that's still too slow to suit me. :D After all, we all wanted to be off this medication like YESTERDAY, right?  ;)

Having come into this situation after suffering a year or more of CNS dysregulation, A-fib, and stage 3 adrenal burnout (after years of tolerance), I'm not gonna sugar-coat the fact that some days I'm just worn out. :sick:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Tr...]
    • [No...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [hu...]
    • [SB...]
    • [fr...]
    • [je...]
    • [...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [En...]