Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. I see some of you are very close to jumping. Take it slow and be sure. If I can do this, anyone can!

7 months free today. Still some leg pain but it continues to improve.

Jenny, I'm so excited for you.  I agree with Juliea, and it sounds like you're already at .0625mg.  You might give it til the weekend just for insurance.  I'll be watching you closely to see how you do.  I'm a LONG way off from jumping, but there aren't too many it seems here who are on something other than Valium, so anyone tapering from their original benzo (especially Xanax) are of particular interest to me. 

How are you feeling tonight?  Are you only taking the .0625mg once a day?  If so, what time of day are you taking it? 

Hugs,

Rabbit

Thank you! I have been splitting it into an am and pm dose. I have not had any all day today. I do have a small head ache but I took some ibuprofen and it seems to be helping. I think I am doing it! Keep me in your prayers. I am so excited too. And if I can do it, anyone can. I have alot of addiction in my family and this has been a struggle! I quit drinking before my taper so after this I will be substance free!

Good for you Jennlynn!

I just finally cut to .25 today. Holding steady.

Got 3 more cuts left after this one....

Hope to be in your shoes soon!

Keep us posted on life afterwards!!

Good for you! It has been over 24 hours! I feel pretty good. A bit of a rapid heart beat this morning, but that is probably just me thinking about how weird it is to not wake up and dose. Wish me luck, not looking back now!

Jennlynn,  It sounds like you are doing great.  Glad you are feeling so well. 

TrueSouth, Glad your achey legs are getting better.  When I wake up sometimes in the morning my muscles feel sore until I get moving.  I am guessing that it is from the weaning and I hope it doesn't last long.  I still have a little way to go but not rushing anything.  Thanks for the post. Nice to see positive post.  :)

Monique

Thankd Monique, best of luck to you. I did a very slow taper from 1 mg. Took me 6 months! But I have had to work as well. At work today and so far so good! I keep praying. God help me be done with this!

Does everyone else get terrorized just looking at all of the stuff here?  I have nothing but switched my 3 mg dosage per day to 1/2 of 1 mg every four hours instead of 1 mg every 8 hours and feel I am having withdrawal.  I see Juleia's story and I think, "How can that be possible?"  My PTSD is driving me crazy just reading all of this even though here and there I have found people with PTSD I have PM'd who have been  so kind and supportive.  Then I read what people write about ten years later still being a mess and having pains.  I have such bad agoraphobia that I have been having to time my grocery shopping and lawn mowing around a 1mg pill just to make it through it.  I am so overwhelmed. 

Iamnitme,

When I found bb in feb/mar I felt the same way. Like wtf did I get myself into! But then I also realized the people on this site are a minority of those who take and come off benzos. Many people do fine and have zero wd. People are congregating here bc they are struggling to come off and need connection with others in the same experience. I am sick now but I have only just really began my taper so I am not going to guess how it will go, maybe I ll have an ok taper. But if you don't have an ok taper and you find yourself in the throws of hell the people here will be a great asset for you in supporting and understanding how you feel when no one else around you does  :smitten:

I try not to read all the stories. I just work on myself and try and help others when I can....otherwise it can make things worse....we really only have today...even just min to min...so why fret about what tomorrow will bring?  :thumbsup:

Does everyone else get terrorized just looking at all of the stuff here?  I have nothing but switched my 3 mg dosage per day to 1/2 of 1 mg every four hours instead of 1 mg every 8 hours and feel I am having withdrawal.  I see Juleia's story and I think, "How can that be possible?"  My PTSD is driving me crazy just reading all of this even though here and there I have found people with PTSD I have PM'd who have been  so kind and supportive.  Then I read what people write about ten years later still being a mess and having pains.  I have such bad agoraphobia that I have been having to time my grocery shopping and lawn mowing around a 1mg pill just to make it through it.  I am so overwhelmed.

Hi Iamnotme,

Everything that you have described in your post is how I felt as I was tapering Xanax, along with my own "unique"

symptoms.

These drugs promote FEAR into our brains, along with symptoms that can be so overwhelmingly cruel.

I want you to know, iamnotme that YOU WILL MAKE this journey to the end. If I can, having these types of symptoms

along with the agoraphobia you described, were you can only do things around your Dosing Schedule as I too had this.

Symptoms will go AWAY, they did for me, and they WILL for you.

My heart and prayers are with you, and others navigating these treacherous waters we have to tread.

"FEAR, is NOT AN OPTION" Remind yourself, its the Xanax. You can PM me anytime.

BE STRONG, HAVE COURAGE and post here often. The support will help you through.

In light and love

Notforme :angel:

Good for you! It has been over 24 hours! I feel pretty good. A bit of a rapid heart beat this morning, but that is probably just me thinking about how weird it is to not wake up and dose. Wish me luck, not looking back now!

Thanks Jennlynn!

Your right now at a place many of us want to be! I've got 3 more cuts after this one and wondering how to do it. I read that you were on .0625 you broke that in half and made two doses of it? That's an interesting idea. Did you ever have to totally just drop a dose? or did you just keep breaking them down and spreading them out? I dose 3 x a day. And in about 2 more cuts from now I'll be at the point when one dose could drop off ( or maybe I'll go smaller, like you did?)

I don't know yet.

Anyway, good for you Jennlynn and keep us posted on life without Xanax!

I did end up dropping the mid day dose at one point. I went from three times a day to two. It was tough for a few days! I am doing pretty well, on day 3. I kept waiting for the yuck to hit but so far so good. It is nice to feel normal! If I can doit, you can too!

Jenny, that's such great news that you're feeling so well.  So not too much anxiety?  Please keep us all posted.  We are all watching closely. 

Best wishes,

Rabbit

Thanks Rabbit! No anxiety at all! I have had a couple dizzy spells, but they pass. Tomorrow will be day 4!

Rabbit11; I never took Xanax for anxiety, but it certainly caused anxiety when I began my taper. It lasted on and off for about two months post jump.

Jennlynn; I can't tell from your signature... did you jump? If so, congrats!

I experienced some dizziness and mild vertigo during my taper and some very mild an infrequent sizziness post jump.

I got dizzy quite soon after I started taking it, and still am dizzy today. All day every day.

I guess we all have a symptom that is more dominant and persistent.

Nausea headache and dizzy pressure are the only real remaining symptom for me now post just it's just so weird and uncomfortable. If it goes away I'd be golden I think. 2 months out.

I'm right there with you vega on the dizziness. If that goes away I will consider myself healed. Honestly.

Hey, Today I woke up feeling a break in my mental symptoms, but physical sx are getting so bad. I have such bad back pain I can hardly move, and when I do all my joints keep popping. This is almost the same as when I got off methadone. I try to get up and get jelly legs along with this head rush that makes my vision go completely white for like 2 seconds. The only constant sx are the ringing in my ears and mild brain fog that comes and goes along with lethargy.

I am starting to think the benzo's kept my brain from connecting to my pain reception and now things are starting to re-wire?

Synap

We're definitely re-activating all of the nerves in our nervous system during a taper.  For me, this meant body pain and tinnitus.  I spend 20 min every night to every other night in an Epsom Salt bath for this reason.  If the pain got too intense, I'd hold my reduction.  This did not get worse as I got lower in dose Synap, it got better.  I hope this happens for you too.

Yes, I did jump and need to update my signature. I have been great until today. Mild anxiety and some dizziness. I am hanging on though!

Hi Jenny, good to hear you're hanging in there.  The anxiety is mild?  No heart palps or anything like that?  How's your sleep?

Hugs,

Rabbit

We're definitely re-activating all of the nerves in our nervous system during a taper.  For me, this meant body pain and tinnitus.  I spend 20 min every night to every other night in an Epsom Salt bath for this reason.  If the pain got too intense, I'd hold my reduction.  This did not get worse as I got lower in dose Synap, it got better.  I hope this happens for you too.

I thank you for the advice on the Epsom salt baths. Its hard being a very tall dude but I try lol, and they do help. I am holding for at least two weeks since my last reduction. I think over time some sx may flair up as others come and go, just the nature of this beast. I feel positive about geting through this, one minute one mood at a time. All I have is time... Better I shall get. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [hu...]
    • [...]