Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Another success story!  :thumbsup:

Although still not 100%, I generally feel better post jump than at any time during my taper.

At almost six months off, I continue to heal with each passing week.

Nice work Lacey!  I know I speak for all of us . . .we are all so proud of you!  You have perservered and won!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Although still not 100%, I generally feel better post jump than at any time during my taper.

At almost six months off, I continue to heal with each passing week.

Good to hear, TS!  :thumbsup:

It's awfully quiet here... I hope everyone doing well and healing nicely.

Best wishes for a peaceful and restful weekend free from symptoms. :smitten:

I am coming up on a year of being off Xanax next month. My life is so much better now. I am very grateful I made the decision to get off this poison and was able to stick with it until I was done.

Blue :smitten:

Hi all,

I'm still doing well on my taper.  I'm only on cut 3 though, so plenty of time for things to go wonky on me, although I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Baby, how are you feeling, any better?

Blue  - I'm so glad to hear you are doing well.  That is encouraging to me.

Hugs to all the Xanax taperers  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Hopefulgirl :)

I was reading back through your posts of when you were first joining us on the old Xanax thread, and I wanted to ask you about your final stages off of Xanax :)

I read that you said you could feel each little mL reduction you'd make when tapering off the the final 0.03125mg.  You dissolved this into 100mL of water.  In your posts, you began withdrawling 1-2mL of the solution and then holding for a week or so.  You'd mentioned that you were feeling even those tiny cuts.  In one post, you said:

"Ok-I have a question I'm hoping some of you can help me with...I am currently on .026875mg of Xanax. I am splitting it into 4 equal doses per day. Shockingly for me, each cut is still awful. I cut two days ago and have my worst side effects among others which are severe migraine, head pain and low back pain-lack of apetite, fogginess, etc. I am only making tiny, tiny cuts right now. I mean I am going from like .027175 to .026875 and I still feel it. I definitely tapered too fast due to lack of information prior to June 1 and finding Benzo Buddies. So, I have been trying to be patient and go nice and slow. However, at this pace I won't be off for almost another year-from this tiny dose! That seems too extreme the other direction especially at this dose. I am not even completely sure what my question is, other than I am wondering if I should make larger cuts or more frequent cuts. If I am going to be sick for several days after a cut, it seems like it might as well be bigger to not draw this out to a long slow torture, or to have less times where I am so sick by making larger cuts but therefor fewer of them. Make sense? I hope so. Also, could drawing it out like this be making me sicker? Any guidance on this would be helpful. I am ready to be done. I still have another med to taper. However, I don't want to go so fast that I draw out my recovery or become unable to function again. I am not functioning very well and still can't drive, etc. However, I am so much more functional than when I was tapering more quickly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I guess I can post it on the larger forum but really trust all of you for guidance!

Thank you!

Hopeful Girl"

I am thinking that you forged through, and began cutting 1 mL per day until you were done...is that right?  I find myself at 46mL (moving to 45mL today), and in a similar spot as you were back then -- symptomatic with or without cuts, but seems worse 24-48 hours after a cut.  I am thinking I should just go a head and cut a mL every couple days and just get off.  I am still working my full-time job, and want to continue to do so.  This is my only hesitation in moving faster, to be honest.  But, I think that drawing this out over another 9-12 months would mean this level of symptoms for that entire time -- and I don't want that, either.  I'm at 0.046mg of alprazolam.  Each mL is a 0.001mg cut, or just over 2% cut of my current dose.  The past month, a mL cut is felt -- I'll just say that. 

My question, Hopefulgirl, is: how did you fair by speeding up your taper?  Did you get worse, or was it about the same moving at a faster rate?  I think I'm at the point where I just want to get off of this stuff, but not to the point where I'm bed-bound and non-functional.  So, if you wouldn't mind relaying your experiences during this final phase, I would much appreciate it :)

Hope all is well with everyone else :)  Healing is happening, every day in every way, even if/when we don't feel like it is :)  Take care :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Good to see you Mrs.  I see now why you haven't been posting much.  It's probably all you can do to taper and work, must less keep up with posting.  I of course don't have any advice for you, but will keep you in my prayers.  :smitten:

Good to see you Mrs.  I see now why you haven't been posting much.  It's probably all you can do to taper and work, must less keep up with posting.  I of course don't have any advice for you, but will keep you in my prayers.  :smitten:

Thanks Rabbit :)

Thanks Blue :) Just hunkering down and gettin' 'er done is all :)

I'll be back soon, comic relief and all :)

Thank you for thinking of me :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Mama,

We're getting there!  :thumbsup:

Blue!

Good to see you around.  How's life on the other side?    :D

Rabbit,

That's wonderful news!  Keep going slow!  I'm hanging in there. 

Mrs,

This last little bit can be really difficult for many. But you are amazingly strong and will pull through.  I'm thinking of you too. 

Even though I don't write much, I think of all of you.  No matter how difficult this journey can become, we are all in different stages of healing.  We will all get better

:smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Gr...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]