Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Babyrex,

Thank you. I am inspired by your positive outlook...even when feeling so ill you pass on rays of hope for healing. I've grabbed hold of those many times. I miss you...glad to see you today.

Been meaning to tell you I got my thinning hair cut shoulder length with lots of layers. My stylist told me the layers would help it look fuller.  Not so sure it does...but it felt good to go to her quiet two chair salon for a little pampering. Besides being thin it has changed from brown to grey during this ordeal. Well....withdrawal has made me care so little about my looks. I just want to feel well. Know you understand.

Love to you dear one...you are brave.

Carita

Oh my goodness, sweet friend. I was just online trying to look for a picture of what to do with my hair. I just haven't cared because all that matters is feeling better. However, I have to have a new professional headshot taken next Friday and my hair used to be so, so thick and now it is much thinner. Mine too has turned grey! Just another way that shows how hard this process is. Today I actually tried to try on some clothes. My head is really hurting today, I've got nerve pain and lots of visual stuff. My body looks less than my ideal and so looking in the fitting room mirror was a challenge. However, I stood up straight and looked at my body and said out loud, "THank you for being strong and carrying me through all of this. I love you and am grateful for you." I try to switch to loving and feeling gratitude instead of wishing I looked different right now. Anyway, just wanted you to know I could relate when you were sharing about your hair!

Love,

HG

PS-I did make my first cut from the gabapentin! Just a tiny one but it is a start.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hopeful, you always have such a great attitude.  We all need a more grateful attitude including me.  Thank you for that reminder. May I ask why you're having your picture taken?  Are you a model?  :)

Hugs,

Rabbit

Thank you, Rabbit. I slept - so that sure helps. Kept waking up but this time I was able to fall back asleep. I think switching from pills to water took about 6 days before my body perceived it as a "cut" and my sleep's the first thing that gets affected. :sick: Hope you continue to do well with your taper, sis. Appreciate you.  :smitten:

Babyrex, again, my thanks for your encouraging words to persevere. I look up to you and admire you, appreciating all that you've overcome to get this far. You truly are a brave heart.  :smitten:

Carita, your kind words comfort my ailing heart. I'm grateful for you and wish you much healing on this journey back to full health. Thank you for reaching out and offering words of encouragement when I felt so needy. Grateful. :smitten:

Hopeful Girl, my body has gone thru some serious changes since all this began - muscle wasting, cardiac stuff, mineral imbalances, etc. Your words resonate and stir gratefulness inside me this morning. Next time I face the mirror, I'll be saying, too: "THank you for being strong and carrying me through all of this. I love you and am grateful for you." When I look in the mirror lately I see an old woman, and wonder where my youth went. But like so many others, I just want to feel better. Wishing you a smooth taper with Gabapenton - you're on your way now!  :smitten:

Hugs,

VCharis

V - I'm glad you were able to go back to sleep. That's my problem too. I hope you are able to keep the sleeping going  :smitten:

Hugs to all, Carita, Hopeful, Mrs, BabyRex.  How are you ladies feeling today?  :smitten:

Love,

Rabbit

Hi Hopeful, you always have such a great attitude.  We all need a more grateful attitude including me.  Thank you for that reminder. May I ask why you're having your picture taken?  Are you a model?  :)

Hugs,

Rabbit

Hi Rabbit,

I am hanging in there. I am not a model  ;D Nothing quite so glamorous. I do own my own business though and we are taking photos for our website and I do a lot of public speaking so they frequently want my picture for that. I am a lot skinnier in my current pic with different hair and much better skin. It was taken right as I was starting my taper. I would like to still look like that but think it is weird to send one picture and then show up looking different  ;) Anyway, I am having photos also taken of our new office and all my staff. Should be really nice for everyone to get a great picture!

Hope you are doing well tonight!

Love,

HG

V - I'm glad you were able to go back to sleep. That's my problem too. I hope you are able to keep the sleeping going  :smitten:

Hugs to all, Carita, Hopeful, Mrs, BabyRex.  How are you ladies feeling today?  :smitten:

Love,

Rabbit

I got a couple of very brief partial windows today.  I'm healing, but it's so slow it's hard to describe. 

How are you Rabbit?

Love,

Rabbit

I got a couple of very brief partial windows today.  I'm healing, but it's so slow it's hard to describe. 

How are you Rabbit?

Hi Babyrex,

Glad you had even a crack in the window today. It is very slow. I think you and I should be called the Micro Healers!

Love,

Hopeful Girl  :smitten:

Well, I've been unstable the past 2-3 days. All I can figure is the switch-over to water from pills has disturbed my nervous system. BP up all day, full head, irregular heartbeats. Feeling revved up. How could just melting my tablets in water do this? Is this something that's happened to others or just me? I expect a few surges here and there, but not this constant stuff. Hope everyone sleeps tonight. Hugs, VC.

Hi Hopeful and BabyRex,

I'm doing well tonight. Of course I'm at the beginning of my taper of my mega 3mg of Xanax, so things could change. I'm hoping they don't.

Oh goodness, MICROHEALERS, not good! I'm praying you both turn the corner soon and your healing is complete!  :angel:

Love,

Rabbit

Well, I've been unstable the past 2-3 days. All I can figure is the switch-over to water from pills has disturbed my nervous system. BP up all day, full head, irregular heartbeats. Feeling revved up. How could just melting my tablets in water do this? Is this something that's happened to others or just me? I expect a few surges here and there, but not this constant stuff. Hope everyone sleeps tonight. Hugs, VC.

Sorry you feel so bad, V. I had all of these things for my full taper. My doc explained that when you melt the tablets some small residual amount is left in the glass, etc. so it really is as if you took a cut. So, I think it is very normal. I had the same thing. I know I've already shared that I did not stabilize during my taper. It was only once I was off that I did. Hang in there!

Hopeful

Sorry you feel so bad, V. I had all of these things for my full taper. My doc explained that when you melt the tablets some small residual amount is left in the glass, etc. so it really is as if you took a cut. So, I think it is very normal. I had the same thing. I know I've already shared that I did not stabilize during my taper. It was only once I was off that I did. Hang in there!

Hopeful

Okay. But ugh. I feel bad that you didn't stablize during your taper. You know the peeps over at Surviving Antidepressants think we should hold much longer before trying to taper when having these kinds of symptoms. I don't know. I just want off this poison. Thank you, Hopeful. I'll wait a few days longer and hope things ease up. I did rinse my glass with extra water and drink behind each dose...still - who knows. Appreciate the feedback, sweetie. Hope you're hanging in there today with your Gabapentin taper.  :smitten:

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the well wishes and kind words. I'm in a funk and feeling cranky. Today I am 10 months off xanax ( im happy about that but had hoped to feel better at 10 months) and working on the last bits of Valium. I got a respiratory flu about three weeks ago that sent me into ugly withdrawal. I'm weary and tired of feeling crummy. Like so many of you the mental health stuff really tires me and the 3 D's have been kicking my behind. I need a little breather. Cranky cranky.

Hopeful Girl....I love the sweet way you talked to your body. You are absolutely right...our bodies have been through so much and deserve to be celebrated. Thank you for reminding me of that. I am usually good about loving my physical body but when weary I find it hard. Remember...we are beautiful no matter what. This experience has taught me it is about our inner beauty, health and spirit. I don't are if I come out of withdrawal looking like Humpty Dumpty...I just want to feel well.

Baby, VCharis and Rabbit and my other friends here...so good to be in your company. I am so proud of all of us. In the face of this challenge we keep our heads high and when we have trouble we can count on one another. I'm pretty quiet when I'm low....but I always send my love and support. Thank you for being in my circle.

I am hoping for good sleep and some glimpses of wellness tomorrow. Babyrex, so glad you had a few today! More are coming.

With gratitude,

Carita

Hi Mike,

I dosed every 4 hours during the day...9am, 1pm, 5pm, and 9pm. I did not dose in the night because I didn't want to interrupt sleep since it was hard to come by.

Hopeful Girl

Hi Mike,

I dosed every 4 hours during the day...9am, 1pm, 5pm, and 9pm. I did not dose in the night because I didn't want to interrupt sleep since it was hard to come by.

Hopeful Girl

Hi Mike, I dosed 'as needed' prior to this year - not good. Used to take it once daily, maybe twice during a crisis - although it was originally prescribed TID....only these past few months have I reinstated to 4 x daily to keep blood levels more even: 7a-12:30p-5:30pm-11pm.

Hopeful, i like that schedule. So your body didn't wake up in the middle of the night with surges and a blood level drop? I keep waking up no matter what I do and am thinking my 11pm dose is scheduled too late because I never get to sleep before 12 or 12:30, then up again at 6 for thyroid, then 7am for xanax. Thinking about moving my bed dose back to 10pm but scared to tweak anything else until I feel better. 

Carita, I know you're weary and tired of it after all you've been through. Didn't realize you'd had the flu a few weeks ago - that's sure to make you feel crummy. I'd be cranky too. Praying you'll get that breather you so deserve, and soon. :therethere: 

Mike, I only dosed 1X per day because I did not get interdose withdrawal.  There is no right or wrong way to dose.  Each person metabolizes their benzo differently and our doses should reflect our personal interdose withdrawal profile, IMO.  I've known some buddies who had to dose up to 6X per day to alleviate their interdose withdrawal.  I wish this process was more concrete, but it isn't.

I will be taking my last dose of xanax tommorow.  Kind of excited.

And you should be excited!  :thumbsup:

I wish you the very best.  Now, warn your friends and family members!

:smitten:

Really depends on the day.  I find some days I get anxiety, but then other days it's not that bad.  Fatigue is usually present though. 

Last dose is down the hatch.  Never taking another dose of Xanax!!

Really depends on the day.  I find some days I get anxiety, but then other days it's not that bad.  Fatigue is usually present though. 

Last dose is down the hatch.  Never taking another dose of Xanax!!

Wow, Lacey - you did it!! You really did it!  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [je...]
    • [an...]
    • [ti...]
    • [mc...]
    • [je...]
    • [du...]
    • [ba...]
    • [On...]