Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

i had a BAD day yesterday being dened social security disability after a 2 year wait i cut my meds more today afater being on .125mg  every 24-36 hours for  5 months i feel a lil yucky right now im tempted to take another dose i shouldnt smoke i feeel worse now after smoking a cig 5 mins ago :( im waiting for my chamomille tea to cool off to drink it i think ill just lay down a lil while or use my treadmill kinda slow

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a BAD day yesterday being dened social security disability after a 2 year wait i cut my meds more today afater being on .125mg  every 24-36 hours for  5 months i feel a lil yucky right now im tempted to take another dose i shouldnt smoke i feeel worse now after smoking a cig 5 mins ago :( im waiting for my chamomille tea to cool off to drink it i think ill just lay down a lil while or use my treadmill kinda slow

Hey Katie, sorry to hear about things not working out for you there.

It's weird.  I was just about to post on here that I'm going to quit smoking tomorrow, as I think it's contributing towards anxiety.  Then I saw your post here.

Hi all, just looking for some dosing advice. I have tapered from 1mg of Xanax down to .25 and it is getting tough. Any advice on a good dosing schedule? I am still working full time, so trying to hold it all together. Thank you!

Hi Jenny,

I'm no expert, I just started tapering my mega 3mg dose 2 weeks ago, but have read a lot on this board.  How often are you dosing?  I assume once per day?  It's such an individual thing.  What kind of symptoms are you having?  You could water titrate, if your working schedule would allow that, you could cross over to valium, many do when they get into the lower doses as it lasts a lot longer in your system.  Have you visited the 'Have to work thread'.  Those there might be able to help you.  Most of them are on valium.  Hopefully one of the 'experts' will come along soon to help.

Hang in there Jenny, it's a tough road.  My hat is off to you for tapering and working, not easy.

Hugs,

Rabbit

Baby, I'm so sorry to hear you were denied SSD.  You're going to appeal, right?  Do you have an attorney?  If not, I would advise getting one that specializes in this and you have a much better chance.  That's what we did and we won.  The maximum they can take from your award is about $5,000 as I recall. 

Hugs,

Rabbit

thanks lacey if i really think about ti xanax and smoking do the complete oppisite so they probably contradict each other :/ i started smoking again thinking that it would help detox me since i heard that if you smoke tobacco medication is less affective i read that smoking makes xanax stay in your body a shorter time

im not endorsing smoking or anything i feel a little better now i took half of my regualr 0.125 mg dose today

yes im going to appeal miss rabbit i just regret not having a good lawyer it was a JOKE what my lawyer did during the court hearing I Did all the talking on my behalf ! i thought my lawyer was going to be like a Criminal defense attorney where the lawyer does nearly all the talking for his client

i want to thank you'all for being caring im happy to be here to share my personal thoughts

yes im going to appeal miss rabbit i just regret not having a good lawyer it was a JOKE what my lawyer did during the court hearing I Did all the talking on my behalf ! i thought my lawyer was going to be like a Criminal defense attorney where the lawyer does nearly all the talking for his client

i want to thank you'all for being caring im happy to be here to share my personal thoughts

Good for you.  Maybe you need a different lawyer.  We kinda had the same thing.  Every time we would meet with her, I expected her to prep hubby what to say and she never really did that.  Fortunately the Administrative Law Judge that hubby got saw clearly what was in the medical records and the voc rehab person who they have there at the hearing totally agreed.  It only took 10 minutes and we were done.  As the spouse, I was never even called to witness and we had prepped that I would be.  So don't give up.  Appeal is where we won!  Keep the faith sweetie!

FINALLY..managed to taper from 3 mg to 2 mg Xanax. Which in itself is a huge relief. I am also taking 25/50 mgs of Valdoxan (my psych gets it from Europe) and it fairly knocks me out cold at night. The only side effect I noticed so far from the taper is shortness of breath but my doc said I might have to live with it (kinda hinted it might be punishment for getting addicted to the horrid Xanax in the first place!) for a while yet. My only worry is, I hope the Xanax has not permanently scarred my brain and totally rewired it...

FINALLY..managed to taper from 3 mg to 2 mg Xanax. Which in itself is a huge relief. I am also taking 25/50 mgs of Valdoxan (my psych gets it from Europe) and it fairly knocks me out cold at night. The only side effect I noticed so far from the taper is shortness of breath but my doc said I might have to live with it (kinda hinted it might be punishment for getting addicted to the horrid Xanax in the first place!) for a while yet. My only worry is, I hope the Xanax has not permanently scarred my brain and totally rewired it...

That's great ashh!  I am in the process of dropping myself.  It feels so good when you are able to take less. :)

well something good actually came from the bad news about my SSdisability denial i was motivated to taper my low dose of 0.125mg xanax to half of that 0.0625 it was really tough the first 2 days i have great news that this 0.0625mg dose can be the LAST leg in quitting this HORRID drug

last night i was so close to break my taper and take a dose i rememberd how i always felt well after using my treadmill so thats what i did i had to have my eyes closed the first half mile on it since i was feeling so awefull i had my radio off i like to listen to while walking after half mile i felt some relief in my head now its been 26 hours since the last 0.0625 dose and i feel great

Hi Ashh,

Congrats on your 1 mg reduction! I work in neuroscience and can tell you your fears of permanently scarring your brain are highly unlikely!  ;) Our brains have what is called neuroplasticity. Neuro-our nervous system including our brain and Plastic-bendable, moldable, changeable. The drugs do change our brains but they can be "rewired" back. Our brains are known to be "soft-wired" so any changes can be corrected! Rest easy!  :)

Love,

HG

:) Thank you, Hopeful Girl and Charis. I am now attempting a cross-over to 10 mg Valium instead of .5 mg Xanax. However, there has been one downside which I didn't mention, for fear of scaring people. I developed rather bad tummy ache after the dose reduction and cross-over. Per my psych, this is totally expected and he also made me speak with a gastro who said even the tummy has GABA receptors and this is the price I pay (as if Xanax is my girlfriend :-( ). He suggested peppermint gels to deal with this problem.

Hi ashh. I referred to the nausea I experienced beginning on day two of my taper and lasting until two months post jump as my "constant companion". Curiously, it was worse post jump than during my taper.  It sucks, but you will heal.

Hi ashh. I referred to the nausea I experienced beginning on day two of my taper and lasting until two months post jump as my "constant companion". Curiously, it was worse post jump than during my taper.  It sucks, but you will heal.

Newton's third law, tweaked- "Every action has an equal and NASTY reaction" I took Xanax listening to some idiot doc. Did the doc even know the tummy also has GABA receptors which are very sensitive to pain, or did she even know what it was all about when she gave me the script? The original doc who got me hooked to this devil's pill's now moved to Ohio or someplace. Where is the sensitivity and compassion in the medical fraternity? Are patients mere numbers, nameless and faceless?

Hi everyone - just a quick update since I'm soooo tired. Dreaded seeing my doctor today but when I presented my taper plan and explained my need for smaller xanax tabs (0.25mg), he gave me exactly what I needed for plenty refills so I won't be stressing about that. He then copied my taper printout plan and put it in my chart for future reference. FANTABULOUS. Not sure he's aware of w/d and all that, but he's keen on the idea of me coming off the stuff slowly. HALLELUYAH.

Hi everyone - just a quick update since I'm soooo tired. Dreaded seeing my doctor today but when I presented my taper plan and explained my need for smaller xanax tabs (0.25mg), he gave me exactly what I needed for plenty refills so I won't be stressing about that. He then copied my taper printout plan and put it in my chart for future reference. FANTABULOUS. Not sure he's aware of w/d and all that, but he's keen on the idea of me coming off the stuff slowly. HALLELUYAH.

Yay! Great news!

Hooray, VC :) So glad to hear :)

Mrs. :smitten:

VC, this is such a good sign. I think of the next person sitting in his office asking about tapering...you are educating the doc! Good for you. Wishing you well, glad you have what you need.

Carita

What great news V,

I know how relieved you must be!  Just knowing your doc is willing to listen to you and go along with the plan you presented to him.  Really happy for you.  One less thing to stress about....right :)

BIG HUGGIES,

FluterByee  :smitten:

That's great Vcharis, It's nice to have a doctor that listens and works with you.  :)

Hi Baby,

How are you doing?

I'm hanging there. Tired of the constant nerve pain and head pressure but marching onward toward healing. About to start tapering drug number 2 and very nervous about it.

Thinking about you and hoping you are feeling better and better!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Double YAY!!  I'm so happy for you V!  :smitten:

Hi Baby,

How are you doing?

I'm hanging there. Tired of the constant nerve pain and head pressure but marching onward toward healing. About to start tapering drug number 2 and very nervous about it.

Thinking about you and hoping you are feeling better and better!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Hi HG!

Downer:

Well, not to be a bummer, but I've had little improvement in the last four weeks.  But I am MUCH better than my taper and acute.  My baseline seems to be somewhat stable, but I still must seek the comfort of my bed quite often.  This has been an intense, physical journey for me...I'd imagine most won't go through this kind of hell. 

Upper:

I'm healing!  The time I spend in bed is much less than even couple of months ago.  My physical symptoms are pretty rough, but my cog fog is ever so much better!  I'm loving the clarity of mind that I haven't had in many, many years.  I believe that my traumatic taper has made me thankful for this second chance at life!

And we will all persevere!    :thumbsup:

:smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Do...]
    • [...]
    • [La...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]
    • [Su...]