Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Atta girl VC, get mad at it  :thumbsup:

It is easier after a good night's sleep to have a better perspective.  No sleep usually spells disaster for me.  Thank goodness for my Seroquel!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easier after a good night's sleep to have a better perspective.  No sleep usually spells disaster for me.  Thank goodness for my Seroquel!

You are right about THAT, dear Rabbit! I'm ready to karate-kick this pill - who needs a pill cutter? Bwahahaha...

Sleep makes all things bearable again. Thank God. And yes, thankful for thy Seroquel  :P I may be joining you as a taper partner quicker than you think....just give me a week...

You are right about THAT, dear Rabbit! I'm ready to karate-kick this pill - who needs a pill cutter? Bwahahaha...

Sleep makes all things bearable again. Thank God. And yes, thankful for thy Seroquel  :P I may be joining you as a taper partner quicker than you think....just give me a week...

Good for you VC!!  Are you considering any changes to your meds increasing or adding any other med?  :smitten:

Good for you VC!!  Are you considering any changes to your meds increasing or adding any other med?  :smitten:

Well, today I'm adding my 4th dose to see if it helps symptoms. Shaving it off my bedtime dose so it's not an updose. If I see my primary doc again, I'll have to persuade him to write a script for 0.25mg tabs so I figure I'll take him my taper plan. But if those 0.25 tabs are oval instead of round, sounds like I'll still have pill-cutting challenge whether I drop them in water to dissolve or dry cut.

I have trazadone on hand for sleep but since it's contraindicated with my heart pill - afraid to use it. It seems like my body WANTS to sleep but if the day has been super stressful, my autonomic system goes haywire even at night.

How is your taper going my dear? 

Hugs,

VC  :smitten:

Hi V, day 2 is going just fine, I don't feel any different than I did prior to the cut, PRAISE THE LORD!!

If you drop them in water for a LT, you shouldn't need to cut the pill, should you?

Hi Everyone,

Well today I celebrate being 6 months benzo free!  :yippee: Unfortunately, I spent it in the ER all night and part of today due to the worst stomach virus I've ever had. I had intended on writing up a glowing report today of my current status 6 months out. However, I am going to have to wait on that as I'm pretty sick. However, I wish to share some signs of healing and experiences I had with going to the ER. First of all, I was anxious at how sick I was and scared to stay home but also scared to go to the hospital. However, as I have shared I have heart arrhythmias and after 12 hours of not being able to keep down even a tiny sip of water I knew I had to get some fluids. During w/d the slightest new symptom (and there were new ones at least weekly if not daily) would send me into a tail spin of panic. However, I was anxious this time but not panicked. I made my plan which for me is that if something is relatively short lived and not life threatening I will not medicate it. So upon arriving at the ER I explained probably 15 times that I did not want pain medication, that I did not want the anti-nausea meds, and they offered me benzos about 3-4 times before accepting that I was "crazy" and wasn't going to take them. I made it short and sweet but did explain to each nurse and doctor why I felt this way about meds. I saw the look of doubt in their eyes about benzo w/d but I shared anyway. One PA who was my primary care provider, told me he could understand my feelings after what I have lived through and he was very respectful of me. He also mentioned that hardly anyone gets off these meds and it is quite an accomplishment. I cringed when I heard them telling the woman in the room next to me they were going to give her a little something called Ativan to relax her muscles and that it was harmless as long as they didn't give her "too much" and resisted the urge to yell out to her, "don't take it!" Anyway, my heart rate was really elevated even after taking my beta blocker. Just the stress from the virus but it is very scary for me. At one point I went into an arrhythmia and my heart shot into the 160s. I have had many hospitalizations and even two surgeries for heart stuff but never without a benzo to help me stay calm. So today on my 6 months free, I lay there and even though I was uncomfortable and scared did it without a benzo. It wasn't a hard choice at all but I one I felt was worth celebrating!

Love,

HG

Thanks everyone! 

TS has done an admirable job of keeping things positive post taper.  Sure, I get waves but they are nothing compared to what I went through during taper, and most never experience the face planted mattress crap I went through!  :laugh:

:smitten:

Wow Hopeful, that is awful you are so sick.  What a process you went through at the ER.  It must have been exhausting to explain to each medical person you did not want benzos.  Are you still in the hospital or are you at home?  What are they doing for the virus?  You poor dear!

Congrats on your 6 months benzo free anniversary!  I'm so envious  :smitten:  I'm at the very beginning of my journey and a bit nervous.

I hope you are healed soon from your tummy virus.

HUGS,

Rabbit

Wow Hopeful, that is awful you are so sick.  What a process you went through at the ER.  It must have been exhausting to explain to each medical person you did not want benzos.  Are you still in the hospital or are you at home?  What are they doing for the virus?  You poor dear!

Congrats on your 6 months benzo free anniversary!  I'm so envious  :smitten:  I'm at the very beginning of my journey and a bit nervous.

I hope you are healed soon from your tummy virus.

HUGS,

Rabbit

Thanks, Rabbit. I am home. I just let them give me fluids. I took a couple of homeopathic remedies when I got home. Just lying in bed resting. I feel some low grade anxiety but am home alone and haven't slept so that makes things worse. You'll do great and will celebrate your anniversary before you know it!

Well, today I'm adding my 4th dose to see if it helps symptoms. Shaving it off my bedtime dose so it's not an updose. If I see my primary doc again, I'll have to persuade him to write a script for 0.25mg tabs so I figure I'll take him my taper plan. But if those 0.25 tabs are oval instead of round, sounds like I'll still have pill-cutting challenge whether I drop them in water to dissolve or dry cut.

I have trazadone on hand for sleep but since it's contraindicated with my heart pill - afraid to use it. It seems like my body WANTS to sleep but if the day has been super stressful, my autonomic system goes haywire even at night.

Hugs,

Hi again VC,

Here is the link to the jewelers scale.  This is the one I used and it worked quite well.  No guess work needed.  I can help you with the math as this was fairly simple for me.  Don't worry about pill shaving or shape, you'll just need to weigh.  Super simple!

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WSDSVY1EBSBSQANN67M

Hi guys,

Just another update from me.  All my fears and worries about never being able to heal are completely gone.  Everyday I notice wonderful signs of healing.  Even during a wave, I amaze myself at what I am now able to accomplish.  It gets so much better.  It really does.  Be kind to yourself as you make this difficult journey.  Read the success stories and really understand that most people show great progress post acute, and some even heal while tapering. 

You all can do this! 

So good to hear this Baby! What a great way to start spring. You have shown incredible determination....this is the reward you've been waiting for! Enjoy every hint of wellness.

Love,

Carita

Hi Everyone,

Well today I celebrate being 6 months benzo free!  :yippee: Unfortunately, I spent it in the ER all night and part of today due to the worst stomach virus I've ever had. I had intended on writing up a glowing report today of my current status 6 months out. However, I am going to have to wait on that as I'm pretty sick. However, I wish to share some signs of healing and experiences I had with going to the ER. First of all, I was anxious at how sick I was and scared to stay home but also scared to go to the hospital. However, as I have shared I have heart arrhythmias and after 12 hours of not being able to keep down even a tiny sip of water I knew I had to get some fluids. During w/d the slightest new symptom (and there were new ones at least weekly if not daily) would send me into a tail spin of panic. However, I was anxious this time but not panicked. I made my plan which for me is that if something is relatively short lived and not life threatening I will not medicate it. So upon arriving at the ER I explained probably 15 times that I did not want pain medication, that I did not want the anti-nausea meds, and they offered me benzos about 3-4 times before accepting that I was "crazy" and wasn't going to take them. I made it short and sweet but did explain to each nurse and doctor why I felt this way about meds. I saw the look of doubt in their eyes about benzo w/d but I shared anyway. One PA who was my primary care provider, told me he could understand my feelings after what I have lived through and he was very respectful of me. He also mentioned that hardly anyone gets off these meds and it is quite an accomplishment. I cringed when I heard them telling the woman in the room next to me they were going to give her a little something called Ativan to relax her muscles and that it was harmless as long as they didn't give her "too much" and resisted the urge to yell out to her, "don't take it!" Anyway, my heart rate was really elevated even after taking my beta blocker. Just the stress from the virus but it is very scary for me. At one point I went into an arrhythmia and my heart shot into the 160s. I have had many hospitalizations and even two surgeries for heart stuff but never without a benzo to help me stay calm. So today on my 6 months free, I lay there and even though I was uncomfortable and scared did it without a benzo. It wasn't a hard choice at all but I one I felt was worth celebrating!

Love,

HG

Congratulations on 6 months off X dear Hopeful Girl!!! You are healing! Sorry to hear about the viral flu...sending you warmth and wellness.

Love,

Carita

Hi Everyone,

Love,

HG

Congratulations on 6 months off X dear Hopeful Girl!!! You are healing! Sorry to hear about the viral flu...sending you warmth and wellness.

Love,

Carita

Thank you!  :smitten:

Hi guys,

Just another update from me.  All my fears and worries about never being able to heal are completely gone.  Everyday I notice wonderful signs of healing.  Even during a wave, I amaze myself at what I am now able to accomplish.  It gets so much better.  It really does.  Be kind to yourself as you make this difficult journey.  Read the success stories and really understand that most people show great progress post acute, and some even heal while tapering. 

You all can do this! 

This is so great to hear, Baby! Love and continued healing to you!  :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

Love,

HG

HG,

Ughhh!!!  This kind of ignorance makes me so angry!!!  :tickedoff:

However, you handled the situation graciously.  Perhaps one of the medical personnel went home and googled BWS.  You just never know.  I hope you are feeling better soon; I've heard this year's stomach virus is one of the worst ever.  Ice chips and jello for you....and stay away from ER's unless absolutely necessary,

Hugs!

Hi guys,

You all can do this! 

So good to hear this Baby! What a great way to start spring. You have shown incredible determination....this is the reward you've been waiting for! Enjoy every hint of wellness.

Love,

Carita

Thank you sweet Carita!

Nope.  No more determined than anyone else; I'm just the squeaky wheel!  :laugh:

Love you honey

Hugs,

Hi again VC,

Here is the link to the jewelers scale.  This is the one I used and it worked quite well.  No guess work needed.  I can help you with the math as this was fairly simple for me.  Don't worry about pill shaving or shape, you'll just need to weigh.  Super simple!

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WSDSVY1EBSBSQANN67M

Baby,

I have 2 of those scales.  1 is more accurate than the other.  The older one is more accurate.  We've calibrated and everything and the newer one is off by up to .003.  Not acceptable to me.  Do you find your scales are 100% accurate?

Congrats to you on feeling better!  :smitten:

Thanks!

Rabbit

Thank you Rabbit!

My husband and I did experience deviations in this scale.  But we both felt that until the end of taper, small percentages would not likely affect our withdrawal in an overt manner.  And, it was far more accurate than pill shaving.  But I do believe titration is more accurate if carefully considered.

You are doing great and should be proud of yourself!

Thank you Baby, I appreciate your reply.  I guess if you're using the same scale and it's off by the same amount each time, it's all relative, right?

Thank you again and congrats!  You and your hubby went through tapers together?

Rabbit,

Oh yes.  We did it together and I would not recommend it.  However, my husband had a much more manageable taper and was able to assist me.  The bonus?  We will both be free to live our lives as we did many years ago.  Nothing like getting off the "legal dope".  :)

Rabbit,

Oh yes.  We did it together and I would not recommend it.  However, my husband had a much more manageable taper and was able to assist me.  The bonus?  We will both be free to live our lives as we did many years ago.  Nothing like getting off the "legal dope".  :)

Hi Baby,

Do you mind if I ask why his taper was more manageable?

Thanks!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mo...]
    • [Th...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Fr...]
    • [On...]
    • [jo...]
    • [De...]