Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

I've been a patient under pretty much every doctor at this medical center , they are pretty tight knit so I would need to go to a psychiatrist to get another prescription. Even then, I'm not sure what dose they can start me on.

I'm apathetic towards the whole situation, I don't know whether that is just me or the withdrawal.

OMgosh, yes you need to try to get a new doc ASAP.  Do you have to stay at that particular medical center?  This is very serious business and not just mentally as others have pointed out.  You could have a seizure.  NOT good!!  We of course support you personally, just so very concerned for you.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys-

I just changed my dosing schedule from:

6a - .18mg

11a - .18mg

2:00 - .04mg (makeup dose from cutting too much accidentally)

5p - .17mg

10:30p - .18mg

to

2:45a - .15mg

7:30a - .15mg

12:15p - .15mg

5:00p - .15mg

10:00p - .15mg

because I was having really bad nighttime interdose withdrawals plus really bad days where I'd feel very sick, mentally and physically.  It was brought to my attention that steady, even doses would be the best to stabilize.  But today is my first day on the new schedule and I'm feeling better in one way, more hopeful this will get me stabilized, yet feeling more of the "classic" w/d sxs (headache, irritable, achy, craving after a few hrs) I didn't have as much before.

I'm just thinking... I know it's the same DAILY dose, but because xanax has such a short half life, is the individual dose cut too much?  I just feel like the daily dose of xanax doesn't mean much because it never builds up really. How long should I wait this out? Please understand I'm not tapering yet and trying to stabilize on a dose after taking it as needed. Obviously, I don't want to take more but I have to start stabilizing so I can start tapering. Should those doses been .16 or .17? 

Thank you for any input! :)

you can feel any change you make sometimes, whether you keep the same dose or not..

give yourself atleast a week...you might consider increasing your doses if you still dont feel stable enough to taper...but if you do, you would need to start tapering as soon as you feel you can....IMO

you can feel any change you make sometimes, whether you keep the same dose or not..

give yourself atleast a week...you might consider increasing your doses if you still dont feel stable enough to taper...but if you do, you would need to start tapering as soon as you feel you can....IMO

I assumed I'd feel it... But I've never had the dose craving before... That's a weird one for me. And the sweating. No panic, thank god. Or nausea.  So this seems positive actually. Thanks for your input, Benzy! :)

I can't WAIT to start tapering. Honestly! Just stabilizing has been a freaking NIGHTMARE.  I think tapering will be easier!  :laugh:

I assumed I'd feel it... But I've never had the dose craving before... That's a weird one for me. And the sweating. No panic, thank god. Or nausea.  So this seems positive actually. Thanks for your input, Benzy! :)

I can't WAIT to start tapering. Honestly! Just stabilizing has been a freaking NIGHTMARE.  I think tapering will be easier!  :laugh:

Hi Mac,

Just reading your history in your sig, looks like our sensitivities to small doses are similar ;) You're not alone, buuuuuddy! Glad to have you here :)

Im doing the weird sweating again, this time its my head face and neck... weird..

last time it was amy feet, tops of feet and shins... weird....

Hi mac13,

I recently changed from 6X to 5X dosing and it brought on profuse sweating.  The head pressure is ongoing.  But at least I do not have to wake up in the middle of the night anymore!  It took about 4 days to adjust.  You now have to wake up at 2.45 am - this is not good IMO, it will catch up with you.  I suppose you were not sleeping well with the nighttime withdrawals anyway?  Were you able to fall asleep again after the 2.45 am dose?  You kind of made big changes in your dosing schedule, since you were on a constant basis with the initial regime for a long while, correct?  Did you look into relaxation techniques before going to sleep - the night time panic was also common with me, but went away.  Have you tried Acerola C and Mag Glycinate?  In addition, are you suspending the new afternoon dose in water, just like the other doses?  I dose evenly every 4 hours - 6 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 6 pm, 10 pm.

Hi Kantu!-

The middle of the night dose was catching up with me anyway because every 2 to 3 nights I was waking up with terrible interdose withdrawals and had to wait it out all night before I could take another dose. It was really awful. I have had no issues falling back asleep after the 2:45am alarm. But I've only done it once so far.  :laugh:  That's great you got rid of yours! I hope after a few days I adjust. All my doses are in suspension liquid.

Since you went to from 6x-5x do your doses feel stronger? Mine felt weaker and I had to up just a little. I think Xanax almost has to be counted by individual dose and not by daily dose. It just doesn't last!

I take the food based C and mag gly as well as mag bicarb water.  I also use the mag chloride transdermal. Thank you for your suggestions; it means a lot to me that you are helping out and keeping me in mind.

Hi mac13,

I had a nighttime dose for a long time, until I got rid of it last week.  It is good to hear that you were waking up at night anyway, so the 2.45 am dose will not be a big deal.  My doses felt stronger instead of weaker.  Note that my times are even, but my actual mg doses (for the 10 pm and 6 am doses) are different than the others - you are completely even.

Hopefully, your new schedule will get rid of the interdose withdrawals.  At least you are now about 5 hours from each dose.  Might be a little tough now, but not that much (mainly sweating for me).  You will come out fine.....and no nausea!

I've been a patient under pretty much every doctor at this medical center , they are pretty tight knit so I would need to go to a psychiatrist to get another prescription. Even then, I'm not sure what dose they can start me on.

I'm apathetic towards the whole situation, I don't know whether that is just me or the withdrawal.

OMgosh, yes you need to try to get a new doc ASAP.  Do you have to stay at that particular medical center?  This is very serious business and not just mentally as others have pointed out.  You could have a seizure.  NOT good!!  We of course support you personally, just so very concerned for you.

I still have half of a bottle worth of my last script, it will be rough but I'll make it.

I still have half of a bottle worth of my last script, it will be rough but I'll make it.

MoveForward… half a bottle isn't going to be enough to taper from Xanax with.  Are you planning to try a crossover to the Valium you were prescribed when you told your doctor you wanted to be off Xanax?

This is going to become a concern for you.  4mg is a large dose.

Challis

I need advice with my xanax titration plan. I am doing it wrong and need feedback. Please...someone PM me...

Jeremy :-[

Hi, there.  Please ask for tapering/titration help on the open forum.  Our pm system if for chat and moral support only!  When one wants this sort of advice it is best to get as many opinions as possible.

:smitten:

Megan

I need advice with my xanax titration plan. I am doing it wrong and need feedback. Please...someone PM me...

Jeremy :-[

Hi, there.  Please ask for tapering/titration help on the open forum.  Our pm system if for chat and moral support only!  When one wants this sort of advice it is best to get as many opinions as possible.

:smitten:

Megan

Ok, well I hope  someone can help.

I have no idea how much I've titrated. Here is what I've done

Have been titrating 3mg of my total 4mg dose (leaving the 1mg evening dose alone for now).

I thought I was at 2.90 mg total (or had titrated the morning/afternoong dose to 1.90). I clearly am not since I tried taking 3 1mg tablets and had withdrawal (actually felt awful even after taking 1mg pill in the AM)

I'm doing something wrong. Here's what I do: use 100ml cylinder. Crush 3 1mg tablets and mix them in a plastic container. Then I mix it with a spoon really good and remove whatever I've reduced for two doses and discard the rest.

My understanding is that using a 100ml cylinder and titrating 3mg, 1ml = .03mg.  I am drinking 63ml...again this should be below 2mg.......no idea what i'm doing wrong.

I asked if I should use milk. Was told no. Asked about water. Similar answer. Also unsure about the containers. They are plastic but they don't leak. So here I am.

Can someone please help? I'm desperate. I can't continue but I'm going to assume I've only reduced the morning/afternoon total dose to 2.15mg.......

If anyone can help me work in a spreadsheet too, I would be thankful.

Again, really desperate for help.

theres a few doing the titration that used to stop by here,,,,

check the "chat" thread in the "off topic" section of the blog, they hang there a lot now...

MrsSalw, and some others, cant remember their names...

Thanks to all who supported me here, I have lotsa cyberlove for yall!

good luck to everyone, Im sick of the unfair treatment I get from the mods here, Im outta here.

Best wishes, Benzy :thumbsup:

MoveForward… half a bottle isn't going to be enough to taper from Xanax with.  Are you planning to try a crossover to the Valium you were prescribed when you told your doctor you wanted to be off Xanax?

Challis

Called in and told her I changed my mind, she wrote me another full script of xanax. I don't get it. I brought printed pages of the Ashton Manual but just got a blank stare.

Challis

Called in and told her I changed my mind, she wrote me another full script of xanax. I don't get it. I brought printed pages of the Ashton Manual but just got a blank stare.

Hi Move,

This is actually not a bad thing to have happened.  It sounds as though she already knows about the difficulty of withdrawal and is unwilling to comment because of litigation purposes.  You can taper from Xanax directly as many here have proven.  It's no picnic, but it can be done.  Many people have found difficulty tapering from Valuim as well so no guarantee there.  Start reading about tapering schedules and plans.  You'll need to educate yourself as much as possible.  Read, read, read.

Good luck.  You can do this!  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Le...]
    • [En...]
    • [El...]
    • [jo...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ra...]