Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What did I just do?

[Ma...]

I completed my taper in February so I've been benzo free for almost a year. Until just now in a moment of extreme anxiety I took a 1mg klonopin. Am I setting myself up for withdrawal again?

I believe you will be ok with just one dose. Maybe you will feel weird for a couple days but I've read of others taking a few doses here and there with not really any issues. Are you still experiencing withdrawal symptoms or did you have problems with anxiety before taking benzos? Take care, try not to get worried about it  :thumbsup:

Based on what others have said who've made the same mistake in the past, you'll be fine. If you'd reinstated for a week or so, then you might have some problems. But one dose? Nah, especially since you report not having any major withdrawal symptoms.

Hang in there and just to be safe you might want to think about throwing out any benzos you have left. I tossed out about 500 pills back in May when I went c/t. Of course, I'd done a c/t back in Sept. 2011 and when the holidays hit in December, I took so many "rescue doses" that it led to reinstatement in early January 2012. So this time, I didn't leave myself any option. I got rid of 'em all...

It's just something you may want to consider. I know having them is a "safety net" psychologically, but that safety net could turn out to be a trap...

Best wishes, and congratulations on hitting 10 months!