Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Completely Active Yet Still Losing Muscle 1 Year mark

[wo...]

Thanks for reading but I am trying to connect with those who have returned to normal.  Well whatever the new normal is.  I Move furniture for a living.  I swim, I run a bit walk a lot and biked hundrfeds of miles but I still am noticing muscle loss.  I had a lot a u=year ago and keep seeing more and more bone. 

Anyone this far out and still losing mass??

Wornout-

You don't seem that far out to me. You c/t a year ago? Is muscle loss your only w/d symptom these days?

I have lost a lot of muscle and I have kept up my exercise routine all along. I am 58, though, so most likely I would have noticed some anyway just from aging. My head symptoms are my main problem right now so I decided to ignore the muscle loss for now.

Rosa

Lingering symptoms yes.  I really have a hard time identifying the ones that bother me the most.  I just dont know why the muscle would dwindle so

Don't worry - you'll get your body back.

I had withered up into a fraction of myself and my hair got thin during my taper.

. . . and you don't want to ever see a haggard scrawny wolf, I can assure you.  :o

After I started being active again my muscles came back.

This will happen to you too - you will get your normal self back. :thumbsup: 

River

I am wondering if perhaps exercise makes muscle loss worse during withdrawal. I am very sedentary (due to exhaustion) and have not had any muscle loss that I can see. Someone should study this.

I am wondering if perhaps exercise makes muscle loss worse during withdrawal. I am very sedentary (due to exhaustion) and have not had any muscle loss that I can see. Someone should study this.

Oh, I think this may well be true -- consistent exercise while in a state of insufficient/nutrition/protein will destroy muscles faster than anything, and w/d may well mess up digestion for some people to a degree where correct caloric intake becomes difficult. But, overall the benefit of exercise in w/d is pretty dramatic and unquestionable, and I've never seen someone who had such severe caloric problems that they literally couldn't tolerate any of it.