Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

I am ready to snap. My original dose has only been cut for a week. I am ready to break down at work from withdrawals. I feel like I need a hospital but I know it would be worse trying to sleep there

One question. Who of you are taking or have taken hydrocodone during withdrawal?

I took a very little dose (2.5 mg.) and it triggered a bad tinnitus (among other sxs) for 5 days now.

Gingko, on the other hand, seemed to help. I know that in many studies it hasn´t shown any benefit for tinnitus more than placebo, BUT I wonder if those were BENZO tinnitus cases. Gingko must be used with care, however, because it can increase some sxs, though not causing real setbacks.

One question. Who of you are taking or have taken hydrocodone during withdrawal?

i have. i am also a pretty hard core opiate addict. was on suboxone for many years and just tapered off that. there were a few nights i had to take a norco opiate and i can feel my brain freak out and get weird. i know it acts on the opiate receptor's but something's a miss because i do believe opiates can cause setbacks. i think that is what happened when i was 7 years off benzo's the first time. i had sugery and had a good amount of pain meds and i had a severe setback to where i got back on benzo's for another ten years. be careful with the opiates.

I¨m 100% sure they cause setbacks. My case was clear. 5 minutes after 2.5 hydrocodone I had mental, ear and neuropathic sxs, which are slowly subsiding 5 days after. Now, 7 years after benzos is quite amazing. Which were your sxs then, do you remember?

I¨m 100% sure they cause setbacks. My case was clear. 5 minutes after 2.5 hydrocodone I had mental, ear and neuropathic sxs, which are slowly subsiding 5 days after. Now, 7 years after benzos is quite amazing. Which were your sxs then, do you remember?

i started having the neuropathy in my feet which i never had before. i also had pain in the shoulders and couldn't move for a few weeks. i had very bad multiple chemical sensitivities and fatigue. i got back on klonopin not knowing what was happening to me and thinking i had MS only.

I am ready to snap. My original dose has only been cut for a week. I am ready to break down at work from withdrawals. I feel like I need a hospital but I know it would be worse trying to sleep there

Songbird:

I feel for you and wish you the best.  Have you tried contacting an audiologist about amplisound maskers?  That's what mine did.

Audiologist:  http://www.tinnitus-audiology.com/

Maskers:  http://www.amplisound.com/tinnitus-treatment.php

I had the same thoughts as you and it has been decreasing lately but with some big waves from time to time. 

Hang in there, I'm thinking about you. 

i started having the neuropathy in my feet which i never had before. i also had pain in the shoulders and couldn't move for a few weeks. i had very bad multiple chemical sensitivities and fatigue. i got back on klonopin not knowing what was happening to me and thinking i had MS only.

Exactly! Neuropathy ehich I had never had, either, first in the feet, then in legs and finally in all the body, including -ahem- private parts.

Have you had that neuropathy in this last WD?

Exactly! Neuropathy ehich I had never had, either, first in the feet, then in legs and finally in all the body, including -ahem- private parts.

Have you had that neuropathy in this last WD?

yes the neuropathy after this cold turkey got much worse. it's so bad around my knee's that it feels as though i am bound, tied and lassoed. always falling over and don't really have any balance. i also have the squeezing neuropathy in the torso, waist/hips, lower legs, feet. and yes private regions which also has a horrible sensory distortion. sometimes it will feel on fire and other times i can't ge into the gross TMI but i have to try to ignore it because i know it's a major sensory distortion.

so you had the neuropathy in the feet that you had once before? were you on benzo's before like i was? i wonder why this withdrawal affects the feet. there are a lot of people on the protracted section who also have the neuropathy in the feet. the buddie Causingpain is the only one i know of who also has the neuropathy around the knee's like i do. i really wish that symptom would go away.

I¨ve been in ct withdrawal 5 times, and I was lucky enough to never experience ANY neuropathy (except in the eyes, which is also bad of course, and for about 30 months or more). The only time i had body neuropathy ever was 3 days after vicodin and now it seems it´s gone, hopefully forever. It was probably my worst feared sx and when it was triggered I got really scared. The third day (that is, long after vicodin was gone) it increased, so I asked a buddie who´s had nerve pain if she adviced something, and she said: do whatever you can to get some rest and probably you´ll feel better. Adn so I took 40 mg. hydroxyzine and 2 chamomile teas, what helped to fall asleep after those 3 days finally for some 8 hours. I woke up healed from neuropathy, and I hope that for ever and ever. Pretty, your case breaks my heart. I find myself constantly suffering more for others than for me, ha. Although tonight I´m frightened for myself, too. I¨ve perhaps been reading too much...  :idiot:

Eric g: thanks for your post. It's good to hear from someone else with t. Yes I am seeing an audiologist about this next week. I saw her before I decided to taper but she said the t in my left ear was due to tmj. This t feels different. Like it's in the brain.

I use maksking noise but with the pitch being so high it's hard to find something to cover it.

Did you wear maskers? And did you get the t from withdrawals? All this talk makes me nervous. Your damned if y.,ou do and damned if you don't. If my t is from hearing loss or my neck and jaw then the withdrawals fro benzos to get rid of it wont work. If the benzos did cause it, then would it go away?

That's the million dollar question. I still plan to lower my Ativan dose and see how I feel. Hopefully I can slowly remove one drug. And the deal with just the k after. I mean one pill once a day? Than god I never listened to my Drs when they kept telling me to increase my doses. I was sick and thin and going through physical and emotional illness and all the while I needed something but I fought hard not to increase my meds and am grateful I didn't.

Still I have a monkey on my back and would like to free myself.

Eric g: thanks for your post. It's good to hear from someone else with t. Yes I am seeing an audiologist about this next week. I saw her before I decided to taper but she said the t in my left ear was due to tmj. This t feels different. Like it's in the brain.

I use maksking noise but with the pitch being so high it's hard to find something to cover it.

Did you wear maskers? And did you get the t from withdrawals? All this talk makes me nervous. Your damned if y.,ou do and damned if you don't. If my t is from hearing loss or my neck and jaw then the withdrawals fro benzos to get rid of it wont work. If the benzos did cause it, then would it go away?

That's the million dollar question. I still plan to lower my Ativan dose and see how I feel. Hopefully I can slowly remove one drug. And the deal with just the k after. I mean one pill once a day? Than god I never listened to my Drs when they kept telling me to increase my doses. I was sick and thin and going through physical and emotional illness and all the while I needed something but I fought hard not to increase my meds and am grateful I didn't.

Still I have a monkey on my back and would like to free myself.

SB20:

Yes, I wear the hearing aids/maskers made by Amplisound (Connecticut USA) about 3 times a week/when needed.  They help "tamp" it down a bit but the big thing is they get your mind off the noise.  Sounds like air conditioning to me.

I think it was withdrawal but not sure cause of my surgery.  (in my sig).  Dr's don't know. 

Eric g. There is a person on the tinnitus forum who had an acoustic neuroma removed and was left with t. Did you have a different type?

I am sorry about that. I will post if my audiologist has anything to add.

Eric g. There is a person on the tinnitus forum who had an acoustic neuroma removed and was left with t. Did you have a different type?

I am sorry about that. I will post if my audiologist has anything to add.

Nope.  Mine was a meningioma 7cm by 3cm on the top back of my head - left parietal lobe.

Could be part of the problem but the weird thing is that the T keeps changing in tone, freq and location so that what makes me think it's bz related. 

Don't know, though. 

Does anyone who has gotten a masker from an audiologist know what happens if the T changes pitch? Does the masker then become useless, or can it be adjusted?

I really know nothing about this, but since it appears my T isn't going to go away anytime soon I'd like to know before I see an audiologist and buy one.

For some reason, although I¨ve had tinnitus since a few days after CT, 90% constant, I don´t find it so bothering, except when it becomes really, really strong. However, when that happens usually also head presure gets very bad, as if just about to explode, so it´s the combination of the two what drives me nuts. I´ve had moderate to strong tinnitus alone and I don´t consider it my worst problem. The only thing is that I must sleep with music (which is nice in itself) or otherwise T worsens insomnia. All music helps, and if there´s no access to it, just humming or singing distracts me from T. But nowadays we have access to music everywhere, even in toilet...  :D

Laudante,

do you have the looping music in your head or the minute you wake up having some kind of looping whether it's music or something you watched on TV like a comedy cadence/rhythum?

Laudante,

do you have the looping music in your head or the minute you wake up having some kind of looping whether it's music or something you watched on TV like a comedy cadence/rhythum?

Absolutely. Not always, but when it comes, it comes seriously. I´ve been 3 days already with Schubert´s Ave Maria, night and day.

Hi everybody,

I hope with my heart that you all  will get better soon, 

Since  4/14 I started to  3 mg Valium,  now 2 weeks after I felt  bad symptoms,    I have tinnitus, and little anxiety, 

I gained to much weight, I'm 174 lb , I was always 160 lb then drooped to 145 lb.

lately I was having pain only in my left side of my body, sometimes my leg, or my hand, or lungs. 

I didn't go to the doctor since September, I went only to see my Psychiatrist. 

I wasn't having any bad symptoms other than pain in my left side, but It was mild.

The tinnitus is most of the time before eating. 

Is anybody knows what is that sound?

Please advise

Tex

I've had tinnitus for over 5 years, since I started tapering. Now at 20 months off it has been at its worst ever! I had to take a hearing test for my class A license and failed it cause the ringing is so loud in my head I can't hear the beeps. Sounds the same! It's literally driving me insane!

wow,  Free and still with Tinnitus. 

Hi Everybody,

I'm have an update and I'm getting an answer  on what happened to me on 02/14/2014,  the day that change my life, for good or bad.  I don't know yet. 

It was stressful day bad food and bad luck.  I was at Walmart and suddenly a felt weird, I went inside and took my blood pressure It was in 160/90,  then I try to call 911 and phone was without battery, I went to pharmacist and told her that I'm having an heart attack and can I use the phone to call 911, the manager DID NOT want to give the phone, and told the other employees no even give me a cell phone, then I panicked, went to a stranger and asked for a phone, call 911 and sit.  I felt dizzy, my mouth dry  and felt like I'm going to pass out.    the paramedics told me that was a simple panic attack.  anyway I went to the ER and they check me out for one day,  but that day they gave me Ativan 2 mg injection,  then  the hell started. 

everyday panic for 4 days, I went to a doctor and beg him to have something, he gave me Ativan 0.50 as needed.

Now. after one year  3 months, I was doing fine,  after c/o to Valium I felt great.  I taper from 10 mg  to 3 mg in 3 months, I really started at 7 mg, but I was prescribe to start at 10 mg Valium from 1 mg Ativan. 

BUT few days ago, May 28 I had small stress at work, bad morning, eat bad, drank just water(I have to take with mango or apple juice)  and I was lat with my pills,  My mother was in the hospital,  and that day I had a small but devastating panic attack,  then my mother died on Sat May 2,  I felt  depressed and sad and crying,  then my stomach can't take too much food,  nervous, I lost 4 pounds in 5 days, blood pressure a little high I can feel it.  but thanks God no chest pain, I took some aspirin.  my digestion is getting weird, nausea, gas, etc.  my sleeping is getting worse.  The whole thing came back. 

My theory:

Stress > Tragic event > bad digestion >  bad blood flow > low sugar > bad sleep >  panic attack > drugs  >  calm >  withdraw sx >  Stress .....

Its a circle,  I'm trying to work in each steep to stop this crazy event.  I'm not  blaming Benzo only. 

that is our big mistake I guess. 

I was reading success stories, and read that a doctor told a girl that the Valium is just a liquor in a pill form.  and she can drink.  Vine, Beer????    some one chime in.  pls

any way, now I'm nervous and bad digestion, I want to stop It before panic attack or chest pain. 

I'm holding at 3 mg I did not up-dose.  but my fear to get another panic attack is there with me all day long.

:(    :-[      :smitten:

wow,  Free and still with Tinnitus. 

Hi Everybody,

I'm have an update and I'm getting an answer  on what happened to me on 02/14/2014,  the day that change my life, for good or bad.  I don't know yet. 

It was stressful day bad food and bad luck.  I was at Walmart and suddenly a felt weird, I went inside and took my blood pressure It was in 160/90,  then I try to call 911 and phone was without battery, I went to pharmacist and told her that I'm having an heart attack and can I use the phone to call 911, the manager DID NOT want to give the phone, and told the other employees no even give me a cell phone, then I panicked, went to a stranger and asked for a phone, call 911 and sit.  I felt dizzy, my mouth dry  and felt like I'm going to pass out.    the paramedics told me that was a simple panic attack.  anyway I went to the ER and they check me out for one day,  but that day they gave me Ativan 2 mg injection,  then  the hell started. 

everyday panic for 4 days, I went to a doctor and beg him to have something, he gave me Ativan 0.50 as needed.

Now. after one year  3 months, I was doing fine,  after c/o to Valium I felt great.  I taper from 10 mg  to 3 mg in 3 months, I really started at 7 mg, but I was prescribe to start at 10 mg Valium from 1 mg Ativan. 

BUT few days ago, May 28 I had small stress at work, bad morning, eat bad, drank just water(I have to take with mango or apple juice)  and I was lat with my pills,  My mother was in the hospital,  and that day I had a small but devastating panic attack,  then my mother died on Sat May 2,  I felt  depressed and sad and crying,  then my stomach can't take too much food,  nervous, I lost 4 pounds in 5 days, blood pressure a little high I can feel it.  but thanks God no chest pain, I took some aspirin.  my digestion is getting weird, nausea, gas, etc.  my sleeping is getting worse.  The whole thing came back. 

My theory:

Stress > Tragic event > bad digestion >  bad blood flow > low sugar > bad sleep >  panic attack > drugs  >  calm >  withdraw sx >  Stress .....

Its a circle,  I'm trying to work in each steep to stop this crazy event.  I'm not  blaming Benzo only. 

that is our big mistake I guess. 

I was reading success stories, and read that a doctor told a girl that the Valium is just a liquor in a pill form.  and she can drink.  Vine, Beer????    some one chime in.  pls

any way, now I'm nervous and bad digestion, I want to stop It before panic attack or chest pain. 

I'm holding at 3 mg I did not up-dose.  but my fear to get another panic attack is there with me all day long.

:(    :-[      :smitten:

All this thing is a series of vicious circles, like you point out. The most important thing I´ve probably learned is to try to stay calm, because if you start panicking with new symptoms, you increase them, and it´s very common that in our urgency and despair to find some relief we do stupid things which only complicate matters more.

One of those things is to drink alcohol in order to feel better from benzo wd. And of course that alcohol can make feel better to some persons in wd (and worse to some others), because it´s cross tolerant with benzos. But it would complicate things, giving you now an alcohol withdrawal problem and, most important, damaging the same receptors that are already damaged from benzos.

So what we have to do is stay as calm as possible, eat regularly and healthy, not calling 911 each time we have a panic attack, because they will just want to put more benzos on us, and remember that this is, thank God, a reversible condition which only takes a lot of time.

So, what's happening with Birdman? The last I head she said she was "free", then that same day was seriously injured in a helicopter accident. Anyone know any more?