Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Hi

Has anyone here had an INCREASE in your Tinnitus, noise issue's the further out

in healing?

Before, I had increased Sxs in PM, trying to sleep. Especially T. Now its in the AM

RINGING loud and clear.

The noise issues well, I do startle easily.

Noticed an uptick when I was grocery shopping, and EVERY

beep I heard as items passed through checkout. I wasn't even at

the checkout line. Got my attention. I've always have had noise

& light sensitivities since childhood.

Will this improve?

Finally at .62 Mg's of Valium I am feeling a major improvement in my tinnitus. Naturally we always think the second we say that the OTHER SHOE will drop but for now:

1. Less of a siren on wake up up in the middle of the night to NONE

2. When tinnitus starts it eases off in much less time.

3. My life is less centered around it.

4. It's stays more in the manageable area than the unrelenting area....however.....I am nervous with posting this.

What do you think about that Lisa? Doc

Needsomehelp,

I think that is great news!

I would just caution you that now that your feeling better and things have taken a turn for the positive, don't be tempted to push the rest of your taper along too fast. Keep going slow and I think the results will continue to be good.

Very happy for you!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Needsomehelp,

I think that is great news!

I would just caution you that now that your feeling better and things have taken a turn for the positive, don't be tempted to push the rest of your taper along too fast. Keep going slow and I think the results will continue to be good.

Very happy for you!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Interesting 2 edge sword. I hate to keep putting the Valium in for no real effect....so I think I will stay here at .062 long enough to see if it's a cycle or window or a real change. Naturally I have to weigh both. But what in your opinion would be sensible from this .62 with 6 days completed so far going to OFF? Hope things are progressing well for you my friend.

Needsomehelp,

That's rather hard to say, if I'm not mistaken you have been daily micro cutting have you not?

I am doing cut & hold.

So to try and come up with a % cut is darn near impossible. I would just keep doing what you have been doing, just don't go any faster and listen to your body. I believe you are monitoring some regular functions any way so if you see a spike or a valley maybe hold until it goes back to normal.

I think you know more about this than I. I only wish you a continued good taper and soft landing.

It was good hearing from you :thumbsup:

ATU

Hi

Has anyone here had an INCREASE in your Tinnitus, noise issue's the further out

in healing?

Before, I had increased Sxs in PM, trying to sleep. Especially T. Now its in the AM

RINGING loud and clear.

The noise issues well, I do startle easily.

Noticed an uptick when I was grocery shopping, and EVERY

beep I heard as items passed through checkout. I wasn't even at

the checkout line. Got my attention. I've always have had noise

& light sensitivities since childhood.

Will this improve?

Finally at .62 Mg's of Valium I am feeling a major improvement in my tinnitus. Naturally we always think the second we say that the OTHER SHOE will drop but for now:

1. Less of a siren on wake up up in the middle of the night to NONE

2. When tinnitus starts it eases off in much less time.

3. My life is less centered around it.

4. It's stays more in the manageable area than the unrelenting area....however.....I am nervous with posting this.

What do you think about that Lisa? Doc

Great news Doc  :smitten: :smitten:  Keep on healing.  My road is a lot longer I think, I was on too much for too long. :'(

I was talking with another member that also has bad T.  One thing lead to other without getting into personal details

I did some searching and found out that people with trigeminal neuralgia get tinnitus and hyperacusis as regular as clock work.  Then I searched that trigeminal neuralgia with benzo's and come up with hundreds of hits where people reported contracting what was diagnosed as trigeminal neuralgia and just happened to be in benzo withdrawal or that benzo withdrawal really aggravated it.

The trigeminal nerve sits beside the auditory nerve and they both enter our old friend the DCN or dorsal cochleaor nuclease,  the source of tinnitus.

I was shocked when I found out our old friend GLUTAMATE

was the enemy of the trigeminal nerve!  This is this is the source for face, tongue and tooth pain but medication that helps it also helps tinnitus associated with trigeminal neuralgia!  The fact that the DCN is the processor is very interesting.

I looked up the most successful meds for treating trigeminal neuralgia and I found this repeatedly AND it calms over active brains and blocks glutamate. The trigeminal nerve and the audio nerve sit side by side and end up in the SAME junction in the DCN.  Interesting.

Trileptal tablets and suspension contain the active ingredient oxcarbazepine, which is a medicine used to treat epilepsy. It works by stabilising electrical activity in the brain. (NB. Oxcarbazepine is also available without a brand name, ie as the generic medicine.)

The brain and nerves are made up of many nerve cells that communicate with each other through electrical signals. These signals must be carefully regulated for the brain and nerves to function properly. When abnormally rapid and repetitive electrical signals are released in the brain, the brain becomes over-stimulated and normal function is disturbed. This can result in fits or seizures.

Oxcarbazepine prevents epileptic fits by preventing the excessive electrical activity in the brain. It is thought to achieve this by preventing sodium from entering nerve cells when they begin to fire rapid and repetitive electrical signals. A build up of sodium in the nerve cells is necessary for the electrical signal to build up and be passed on to other nerve cells. As oxcarbazepine prevents this, it helps stabilize the electrical activity in the brain.

Preventing the build-up of the electrical signal also prevents the release of a neurotransmitter called glutamate from the nerve cells in the brain. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that are stored in nerve cells and are involved in transmitting messages between the nerve cells. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that acts as a natural 'nerve-exciting' agent. It is released when electrical signals build up in nerve cells and subsequently excites more nerve cells. It is thought to play a key role in causing epileptic seizures. Reducing the release of glutamate from the nerve cells in the brain is another way in which oxcarbazepine may help stabilise the electrical activity in the brain and prevent epileptic fits.

As oxcarbazepine stabilises electrical nerve activity, it can also be used to treat a condition called trigeminal neuralgia in which the facial nerves spontaneously send messages of pain to the brain. Oxcarbazepine prevents the nerve signals being sent inappropriately and relieves the pain of this condition. This is an unlicensed use of oxcarbazepine.

REF  http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/trileptal.html

Glowing reports

Trigeminal neuralgia

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): I have had Trigeminal Neuralgia for 20 yrs. There has been only one Dr. that hit it on the nose. Trileptal great medicine.

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): I have MS and experienced a severe relapse and spent a week in the hospital with chronic face pain. After determining it was Trigeminal neuralgia, my neurologist and I spent several weeks trying numerous treatments. Trileptal was the only one that gave me not only immediate relief, but I haven't had any face pain for months now!

My neurologist prescribed Oxstellar XR, but it was too expensive so he gave me samples of Trileptal and it worked extremely well. He then prescribed oxcarbazepine which was less expensive, it is a life saver. I'm probably taking too great of a dose but it's out of paranoia of the pain. Looking to have the surgery in case the medicines stop working.

Been in pain for three years with headaches and trigeminal neuraligia, and taking Tegretol with not much relief. Just switched to Oxcarbazepine, and it is like I am a new person. No pain. I'm thrilled. Hoping the relief lasts, unlike my experience with Tegretol where it worked in the beginning and then it had no effect at all. Thankful to my new doc for prescribing this for me!!!!!

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): It worked very good; however it lowered my blood sodium which can be dangerous so I had to stop taking it.

Trileptal (oxcarbazepine): she switched me to Trileptal. It worked in about 8 hours! And, as others have noted, you do struggle for words and have a bit of short-term memory impairment, but the pain is gone!

Ref  http://www.drugs.com/comments/oxcarbazepine/for-trigeminal-neuralgia.html

ALSO  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1032294/

"This study shows that oxcarbazepine stabilized those neurons that receive somatosensory input that become hyperactive," which should make the search for treatments for tinnitus in some people more straightforward -- Many people with temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ), a condition that causes frequent pain in the jaw, experience tinnitus. Research could lead to a better understanding of this link. In people with TMJ, the somatosensory system is disrupted and inflamed. It's possible that in this situation, as in hearing loss, somatosensory neurons stir excessive neuron activity in the cochlear nucleus.

Possibly a good post jump support med  :thumbsup:

Happy healing,  Hugs bird.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I took trileptal for a month or so close to the end of my taper, it did nothing for my tinnitus. I was pretty conservative but I worked up to 600mg/day and say no difference -- it's possible that taking multiple grams a day (as seizure patients do) might have had different effects, but I wasn't comfortable even attempting that.

On a related note, it's come to my attention that EarHero earbuds are tiny speakers that insert directly into the ear canal and do not block outside noise -- so in that regard, they are similar to the speakers that hearing aids / commercial tinnitus headsets use. They are relatively expensive for earbuds (~$150 MSRP), but still an order of magnitude cheaper than actual tinnitus sound generators. I'm skeptical that I'll really tolerate/get used to having anything in my ear 8 hours a day, but I am curious to attempt a TRT-style white noise sound generator retraining regimen, so I have ordered a pair of these as a relatively inexpensive way to do that.

http://www.earhero.com/

you can buy them on amazon.

I am very interested in seeing how the ear buds work for you. I've had tinnitus even before my taper began, probably due to tolerance I wasn't aware of, and it seems to be getting worse as my dose gets lower.  I can't imagine having to deal with this forever and would love to hear about something actually helping.

Thanks for the info, xerxes.  :thumbsup:

I took trileptal for a month or so close to the end of my taper, it did nothing for my tinnitus. I was pretty conservative but I worked up to 600mg/day and say no difference -- it's possible that taking multiple grams a day (as seizure patients do) might have had different effects, but I wasn't comfortable even attempting that.

On a related note, it's come to my attention that EarHero earbuds are tiny speakers that insert directly into the ear canal and do not block outside noise -- so in that regard, they are similar to the speakers that hearing aids / commercial tinnitus headsets use. They are relatively expensive for earbuds (~$150 MSRP), but still an order of magnitude cheaper than actual tinnitus sound generators. I'm skeptical that I'll really tolerate/get used to having anything in my ear 8 hours a day, but I am curious to attempt a TRT-style white noise sound generator retraining regimen, so I have ordered a pair of these as a relatively inexpensive way to do that.

http://www.earhero.com/

you can buy them on amazon.

X you have tried a lot of meds like me.  I always come back too maskers too.  I do not like meds but I'll be damned if I am going to live the rest of my life like this.

I'll try to explain my level of T. 

Ok let's turn up the volume a bit,  ok I can hear a high pitched sound like a jet engine at max rpm at a long distance but even higher like a dog whistle maybe, Can I hear 18,000 htz?  It sure seems like it anyhow.

Ok let's keep turning up the sound until it makes you want to cover your ears. You know that point. Where your hands magically come up seemingly all on their own and they cover your ears. It's like an instinct. LOUD,  OK now your at 25% of my level.

Ok more volume, lets keep twisting the volume knob even higher until you can feel itching and tickling in your ear canals. Not inside your head but in the inner canals, the part of the ear your put a Q tip in to clean, right there. Not inside my head, not inside my ears but just on the outside of my ear drum or is that just how my brain interprets the signals?

Let's keep going. More, higher and higher until you can feel your ear canals actually vibrating at high frequency.

OK we are getting close now.

Dial up the volume and little more and the vibration turns to pain.

That's what I feel by bed time every night.  I wake up fine and the first 20 seconds of my day are great and it revs up fast from there. Right now it's late morning and it's still tolerable but get's crazy by bedtime. Have to find some help, quality of life gone :'(  If I have to be on some other drug for a year to help me so be it. Reaching the end of my rope.  The only thing that has worked so far is pain killers and for some reason they put the noise to bed.  Not the tinnitus but this crazy vibration that manifests as pain by the end of the day.

Also if I crack my jaw super wide the vibration screams and then let's up for 5 seconds and I get 5 seconds of peace. It sure feels like a micro muscle spasm right inside my ear canal of epic proportion.  The perception of the sound is that it comes from the ear canal and not inside my head like the normal tinnitus I have had all my life that does not bother me.

My only s/x left but it's a whopper  :'( :'( :'(

Is this what you guys have?

It sounds pretty similar Birdman, though I wouldn't exactly say mine is "loud" -- even when it seems to be at its loudest, if I rub my fingers together right next to my ear, that (obviously very soft) sound is subjectively louder. I'd say that volume wise, the ringing is similar to the volume of my own breath under normal circumstances -- and yet I ignore my breath 99.9% of the time, and this consumes me.

The frequency also sounds similar; as best I can tell, I match my usual constant noise to about 14,500khz.

If I'm in a good space mentally and not being very bothered by this, then I only hear it when I'm in quiet places, and something like the background engine noise of the car seems to completely drown it out. On the other hand, when it's really driving me nuts, I can hear it clearly even over the car engine with the window open. The maddening thing is that I don't think it's actually "louder" at that point, it's just that I'm much more focused on it. Attention is incredibly, incredibly powerful.

Like you, I'm pretty confident that just reinstating a relatively low dose of benzos -- maybe 6-8mg of valium -- would make this fade from my mind very neatly. And, like you, I'm not willing (at least not yet) to just say "oh, hey, I'm going to subject my entire body to benzos for the rest of my life to deal with this annoying sound". I did have tinnitus to some extent before I was on benzos, but it wasn't world-consuming in the same way. As far as I can tell, my hearing is good -- better than average for my age, even. I have high frequency loss on the left (12-14khz, higher than hearing tests go).

So, attention. I found a study that did SPECT scans of tinnitus sufferers, which came to these conclusions:

* everyone who heard tinnitus, had lower-than-normal density in one particular part of the brain (DCN maybe? I don't remember which)

* people who are bothered by tinnitus, also had lower-than-normal density in a totally different part of the brain, the right anterior insula.

And, another study of long time meditators (unrelated to tinnitus) showed that they had greater-than-average density in the right anterior insula. So, that leads me to believe that over an extended period of time, even if it can't stop the ringing, meditation might have the ability to rewire the part of the brain where the distress originates.

Having watched this issue come and go over the past year, I've gained an appreciation for how bizarre and powerful attention is. Three months ago, when I was in a better place, if you asked me at any given point "can you hear the ringing?", I would have said yes, I can. But, I wasn't obsessed/fixated on it. So, that comes down to the same bullshit obsessive thinking that's plagued me since before I had tinnitus, the same obsessive I-am-broken-and-my-life-is-horrible thinking that drove me to benzos in the first place.

So, I want to meet this condition on its home turf (my brain), and make peace with it. For better or worse, I've come to believe that if I can make peace with this, then I can make peace with just about anything life throws at me -- and if I can't, then I will never be contented, no matter how good my life gets. Benzos took away the ringing, and even masked that obsession to a huge extent -- but there's a blood price to be paid. If I really hit a point where I felt like I'd exhausted all the other options and still was miserable from the ringing, would I take benzos again? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't think less of someone who did. But, I'm not there yet.

....sorry, that was a digression into my own BS. To your other questions -- yes, I know the sensations you speak of. I have TMJ tension, and I notice constantly that I hold a lot of tension in my jaw. I think that tension is a reflection of my obsession with the ringing, and even though I don't necessarily think the ringing will stop if I lose the tension, I think that if I can release my obsessions, then the tension will get better, and maybe whatever ringing I have won't bother me much.

Seven weeks ago, on 5/24, I was on a hike by myself in a beautiful valley, and I was able to appreciate the stillness, reflect on how beautiful everything was, and I felt truly happy in a way I can't even relate to now. And, high up on the hill, I remember realizing that even though it was very, very quiet, the light sound of the wind in the trees high above me, was enough to more or less cover up the sounds in my head -- and I remember thinking that was okay, that everything was okay. I haven't done anything traumatic since then. I haven't done anything that would hurt my ears or make my tinnitus worse. So, there is a switch in my brain that sometimes flips itself that makes all these things seem okay, and I just have to believe that with time and patience I'll figure out how to flip it myself instead of leaving it up to random whims of chance.

In the mean time, thank god for nature soundscape MP3s and white noise generators. This sucks, it really sucks -- I have so many friends/coworkers who don't have to deal with any of this shit, and it can be very hard to relate to them and spend time with them (they all hear about my ringing, way too much). But, I also know I can look at cnn.com or whatever and read about people in Gaza and Israel who have to deal with dead relatives or being permanently disabled because some lunatic fired a rocket or a missile at them... this stuff happens all the time, most of human existence is suffering, and people who think it's otherwise have just been lucky so far. No one gets to be lucky forever, and that's what brings me back to buddhism, more as a philosophy, than as a religion. My religious beliefs are varied, and this isn't the right forum for them -- but at a base level, buddhist meditation is cognitive behavioral techniques, it is trying to escape the cycle of suffering right here, right now. This moment now. There will never be another now.

Sorry for the rant. I hope some of that made sense.

case in point -- look at what I posted in this thread on 5/24, the same day I took that hike:

When I've been in really severe waves, tinnitus has been the most unpleasant part of that, and the idea that I could learn to live with it just seemed unbelievable.

When things are otherwise okay, it's really not that big a deal -- I'm aware of it from time to time, but it doesn't dominate my thinking or control my behavior.

Of course I'd love it if it would just go away entirely, but if that doesn't happen I don't think it's going to ruin my life or anything. It's just one more little entry on the list of things that are somewhat sub-optimal about experiencing life as a biological organism. Tinnitus is a problem but it seems like it may be a lot less of one than being on benzos was.

Those are my words, but they make no sense to me now. Who am I?

case in point -- look at what I posted in this thread on 5/24, the same day I took that hike:

When I've been in really severe waves, tinnitus has been the most unpleasant part of that, and the idea that I could learn to live with it just seemed unbelievable.

When things are otherwise okay, it's really not that big a deal -- I'm aware of it from time to time, but it doesn't dominate my thinking or control my behavior.

Of course I'd love it if it would just go away entirely, but if that doesn't happen I don't think it's going to ruin my life or anything. It's just one more little entry on the list of things that are somewhat sub-optimal about experiencing life as a biological organism. Tinnitus is a problem but it seems like it may be a lot less of one than being on benzos was.

Those are my words, but they make no sense to me now. Who am I?

:laugh:  I know how you feel X, been there, done that :thumbsup:.   

I just wish I had the concentration to ignore it and not care about it but it's so darn pervasive and in my face.

Sometimes I try to concentrate on it and I can make it seem louder until I do not care but it's so hard to hold that mental state. Eventuality I break down and go into a panic and quickly go back to my maskers for relief.  With my maskers in I feel 100% but it sounds like I am standing underneath Niagra falls.

I think you are so right about "Attention is incredibly, incredibly powerful."  On a bad night I will take my maskers in and out of my ears trying to catch a break (my husband says I look like a nutter :laugh:)  but if I get lucky I can remove them and it seems much lower so it's all about perception and attention you are right :thumbsup:.  I fear I do not have the mental techniques to master it and then I am kind of pissed that I even have to think about doing it so I still have the anger about this ordeal which is not helping me but my fear has been replaced with anger lately and this is new so maybe it's a good sign. 

I hope we heal soon X or that maybe someone will invent a tinnitus treatment that is not bogus.

Hugs from birdy  :smitten:

I found this, sounds to good to be true?

OBJECTIVE: This study aims at evaluating the tolerability and efficacy of the antiepileptic drug oxcarbazepine in benzodiazepine detoxification in ten patients.

METHODS: In this case study of an inpatient withdrawal program, each of the ten patients was detoxified using oxcarbazepine and completed withdrawal successfully without the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms. The detoxification program followed an outlined dosage scheme with oxcarbazepine increase and benzodiazepine tapering.

RESULTS: The rapidity of benzodiazepine detoxification using oxcarbazepine was remarkable, benzodiazepine withdrawal being completed in as little as 11 days.

CONCLUSIONS: The results support the assumption that oxcarbazepine is a valuable drug for inpatient benzodiazepine withdrawal programs.

ref; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18821451

All data - www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Grosshans%20M[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18821451

need to manually paste this link

i think it's too good to be true. Like i said before, oxcarb did nothing good for me at a sustained dose of 600mg/day.

OBJECTIVE: This study aims at evaluating the tolerability and efficacy of the antiepileptic drug oxcarbazepine in benzodiazepine detoxification in ten patients.

METHODS: In this case study of an inpatient withdrawal program, each of the ten patients was detoxified using oxcarbazepine and completed withdrawal successfully without the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms. The detoxification program followed an outlined dosage scheme with oxcarbazepine increase and benzodiazepine tapering.

RESULTS: The rapidity of benzodiazepine detoxification using oxcarbazepine was remarkable, benzodiazepine withdrawal being completed in as little as 11 days.

CONCLUSIONS: The results support the assumption that oxcarbazepine is a valuable drug for inpatient benzodiazepine withdrawal programs.

All data - www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Grosshans%20M[Author]&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18821451

Ya mean I did all that suffering for nothing? ::)

Ya mean I did all that suffering for nothing? ::)

Hi snony,  I am still searching for data but anything that works has a catch so it's probably habit forming.

I know, I know, "get that oxcarbazepine the hell away from me"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I know 5 people here on BB that stopped c/t and started phenibut and they where addicted to phenibut so I know drugs like this work BUT ARE THEY BETTER?  I do not think it fixes anything just covers it over in a non-benzo way.  And being non-benzo is a big plus. In the big scheme of things people do not drug test for oxcarbazepine and you can get a one year running script for it and no one looks down on you for being hooked on oxcarbazepine, true? 

Also all the phenibut cases did pretty well considering.  This one guy was taking 6 mg xanax and flipped over to 3 mg phenibut once every 2 days then stayed on it for 1 year and then flipped to 20mg valium so we are talking about some big healing for no pain at all.  I would be too frightened to apply it on myself.

Also we do not know the dose sizes they took in this trial or how much benzo they came off of.  As usual it leaves lots of questions unanswered including how long did they stay on the oxcarbazepine after the trial was up. That's the real bug in the ointment that is not answered.

Now there is thousands of reports that oxcarbazepine worked brilliantly in alcohol detox patients (see one link below, lots more!)  but they took the drug for a long time after too.  We know alcohol and benzo's due the same thing to the brain.  Still the internet lacks abundant oxcarbazepine w/d horror stories so maybe w/d is not that bad.  I looked up oxcarbazepine 'windows' and 'waves' and got no hits and even less on tolerance so that's a plus ;D 

I think it's got potential to relieve any post jump hell but who knows until they try it. From what I read I think it does work in higher doses but the indication is there are some tapering problems but most people just stay on it for life as there is no tolerance hell as we know it here.  People who tapered it for TGN pain did not have seizures so that's good and tapers were 4 to 6 weeks.  Seizure patients never tapered it or I could not find data.

I'm interested in it since it does gives people tinnitus on the taper and that usually means it stops tinnitus when you take it but no one talks about that so data is hard to find.  So far X is the only one who tried it and he says it's not helpful. 

I just wish I could heal faster, heal, heal, heal damn-it ,,,,, ah, my dog just sat down on my left side and is looking up at me  :laugh:

What's your dog's name Birdie? Lady Birdie?  :laugh: Lady Bird oh Laaady Bird ;D

Her name is "Old blue"  used to be just "Blue" but now she's an old blood hound  ;)

Phenibut is very very close in structure to baclofen but with a shorter half life, less stable & has a high tolerance factor. Baclofen can be used to get off phenibut.

I tried phenibut when the Cipro threw me back into wdwls after I had been close to recovered. It did remove the wdwls but after a short time, (maybe 2 weeks), I realized I had hit tolerance & it was time to stop.

It was a nightmare. I did not have any major anxiety or DP/DR sx with either of the benzo wdwls but after phenibut I experienced the worst of those sx that I have seen reported here. Probably due to the short term use, they only lasted a few days & I am very grateful that I did not take phenibut for a longer period.

IMO, you are on the better track with baclofen. I have seen mixed reports about pre-gabalin & what looks good on paper.....

I tried nefedipine, (calcium channel blocker), after Perserverance suggested that it was a plausible means to prevent the adverse receptor changes from kicking in. It may well do that if taken while tapering or very early in wdwl but it did nothing for me, except produce flu-like sx, (a reasonably commonly acknowledged side effect).

The joys of being a self-inflicted lab rat.

What's your dog's name Birdie? Lady Birdie?  :laugh: Lady Bird oh Laaady Bird ;D

Her name is "Old blue"  used to be just "Blue" but now she's an old blood hound  ;)

Cool. Hank's dog Ladybird is a blood hound too. :thumbsup:

Snowy, if BLUE ever got tinnitus I bet it

would really, really, really hurt with those ears :o::):laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/MioN4dI.jpg

Phenibut is very very close in structure to baclofen but with a shorter half life, less stable & has a high tolerance factor. Baclofen can be used to get off phenibut.

I tried phenibut when the Cipro threw me back into wdwls after I had been close to recovered. It did remove the wdwls but after a short time, (maybe 2 weeks), I realized I had hit tolerance & it was time to stop.

It was a nightmare. I did not have any major anxiety or DP/DR sx with either of the benzo wdwls but after phenibut I experienced the worst of those sx that I have seen reported here. Probably due to the short term use, they only lasted a few days & I am very grateful that I did not take phenibut for a longer period.

IMO, you are on the better track with baclofen. I have seen mixed reports about pre-gabalin & what looks good on paper.....

I tried nefedipine, (calcium channel blocker), after Perserverance suggested that it was a plausible means to prevent the adverse receptor changes from kicking in. It may well do that if taken while tapering or very early in wdwl but it did nothing for me, except produce flu-like sx, (a reasonably commonly acknowledged side effect).

The joys of being a self-inflicted lab rat.

The only thing that helps is stretching out the suffering so long you get used to it.  Nothing replaces a super slow taper on what ever poison your on  it seems :-\ :'( :(:sick::)

Birdy, Lab rat,  happily on baclofen (very stable drug for once :thumbsup:)

WOW,  I did something new (BUT OLD) and got my tinnitus under control!  I was getting desperate and just started trying 'stuff'  I do not want to say more until I try it for a week.  I'm almost T free today, WOWWHO!!!

Snowy, if BLUE ever got tinnitus I bet it

would really, really, really hurt with those ears :o::):laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/MioN4dI.jpg

Aww How cute. Is that Blue? Looks just like Ladybird. We should mate them. 8):laugh: