Important Survey - Please Participate ×

please some encouragement 4 1/2 months off K and no more improvements

[st...]

I have been making a daily note of how I feel each day. My first month off I didn't record anything as I was over all too sick to be bothered.

Since my 2nd month off and continuing up to the present I'm not sure Im seeing much for any progress. And the last two months compared seem even for the amount of Waves to Windows. So maybe this is it for me, maybe this is what I'm supposed to just get used to and in another year or so I'll think that THIS is normal?!

My stomach is horrible today and I've come down with a head cold, its a very bad head cold. Having my stomach problems return just is another thing that I don't need right now. I'm worn down and I feel the worries of a wave coming My thoughts of "will this just kill me" and I'll never get better are filling my head. I'm tearing up and trying hard not to as my congestion is bad enough. I'm sick to my stomach and have been belching all morning.

On the 10th of Dec I am going for a Upper and Lower scope, I hope they see something that can be fixed so I can feel better.

On the 10 will be my 5th month that I enter. I'm sad and sick and wondering if this is as good as it gets. :(

You're pretty much on target for what most of us go through. I wasn't doing very well until just the past couple of weeks, when I passed the 6 month mark. Yesterday was a truly amazing day, with no symptoms at all, and I felt very much "normal." Today I'm kind of back in the benzo-blah-land. It's not bad. I just kind of overdid things yesterday in yard work, so my torso and arms are really sore from trimming my mesquite trees.

Other than being sore, my mind is clear and I only have very mild brain buzz. I consider myself very luck to be doing this well at six months. I don't know if this is "the new me," or if this is just a window that is staying open longer than usual. Whatever the case, it's good!

You'll get here. It may be as quickly as me, or it may take you longer. Everyone is different. But we all DO heal. It's just a matter of time...

No, it gets better!  I think having a cold magnifies the symptoms.

I know it's hard for you right now ... but this is not your "new normal".

Take special care of yourself .... snuggle up, plenty of fluids, music and happy distraction etc.

Lizie  :smitten:

It can take a long time to feel better. How long were you on K?

Being sick definitely doesn't help. It's also a really tough time of year. Maybe you were just socked in with snowstorms for Thanksgiving across USA?

Heal up from your cold. Plenty of rest and liquids.

It does get better!

Stillstuck

Your progressing ..Its a slow progress but its happening. I was still bedridden at 4 1/2 to 6 months. I know its super upsetting and scary but your healing every single day.Even when you feel horrible.

Just keep doing what your doing and soon you will see how sxs ease and then drop off. Hang in honey

`~Jenny

Thank you everyone, your support is truly helping me.

Svenhoak, I was on K for 5 months taking .5mg daily at night, did a poorly advised taper and in 3 days cut down to half the amount, went into severe w/ds and then went up to .75 and stayed there for 2 weeks and then began a slower taper but still a fast taper at cuts of .25 every 14 days. I don't advise this to anyone as the whole 3 months was very hard on me, and when I jumped it got even worse for a good month.

Now at 4 1/2 months I am glad to have some windows but waves are still hard and they scare me to think that something else is going wrong with me. I've had SO many tests done and most come back ok but I did drop too low in Potassium at one point, its good to have tests done when you think you need them. So many things about me and not feeling well for SO long, well it worn me out heart and sole in a way.

I'm hanging in there to what I hope one day will be a window that never leaves and this is for my Son who is still little and really needs he fun loving mommy back. I try my best to not let him see but some days when my stomach is sour and hurts is just so hard.

I still am struggling to regain the last 5 pounds and any stomach issue often makes me drop back another 3 in a day or so. So that makes me wonder Do I have an absorbion problem?

Upper and Lower GI tests will be done next week and I hope there isn't any thing serious going on. Medically I can't handle any bad news right now.

My indigestion is kicking up again tonight and its sad as it had been good for the last two days. Today over all was very good but I wonder if that is shifting, its often when I feel a window I think that maybe I'll stay with it, then if goes away and all the symptoms come back they scare me and leave me to think of "what ifs" a annoying worry that I'll die from all of this comes to my mind and I become worried and loos m y sense of logic.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with and I sure do hope you are all right in saying that even I will get recovered from this one day and I do hope its sooner then later.

Thank you and Hugs from me to you ((  ))

Ann

My fatigue, mood swings, and depression were all at its worst 3-5 months off. Now at a little over a 5 months, my fatigue has gotten better. I still have a long way to go, but i'm noticing improvements.

you're still early in withdrawal... be patient, you will get there! :)

Hi Stillstuck-

I was at my worst at 4-6 months but now just into 7 months, I can see some big positive changes.

About 10 days ago I got sick with the worst head cold that brought on intense w/d symptoms. When I got over the cold, however, I entered the best window I ever had. I'm still in it :) Keep the faith, you will get there soon.

rosa