Important Survey - Please Participate ×

7 months off

[No...]

I,am 7 months of benzo,s and 4 months of citalopram,

I hope some one can relate to this.....

Symptomes still bothering me big time.....feel like a dark person, feel hate al the time.....

I,am easly irritated , feel angry, my head won,t shut up in the morning, the same words over and over again, bit DR, and DP, still vivid dreams, and a lot of nerve pain in my legs.....

The nerve pain and the tingling started when i was 5 weeks of the citalopram......

And joint pain in my knees.

Can some one relate?

Getting worried......

X

Sorry you are still not feeling well at 7 months. It seems very common here that things are still hard that far out.

I can relate to being easily irritated, angry and very heavy DR (among other things). You are not alone. We are getting closer to being better each day. Be strong and keep moving forward. Distract and exercise as much as you can  :smitten:

I'm at 7 months off my second Clonazepam C/T (6mg daily) and the dr/dp is vicious. A lot of cog fog too.. no physical symptoms thankfully. Not sure how I lucked out there seeing as both of my C/T's nearly killed me (literally).

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. I'm at six months off and my symptoms are on the mild side: some "brain buzz" and transient d/p and d/r, but nothing that is debilitating. Also, some low-level anxiety that never seems to go away.

I know that a lot of people are still hurting at seven months, so what you're dealing with is perfectly normal. The frustrating thing about benzo recovery is that it seems to progress at different paces for different people.

Please hang in there. You DO recover. And you WILL be OK. It just takes time, precious time.

I was pretty much the same at month 7. I started citalopram at that time and it really helped with intrusive repetitive thoughts. I still have troubling thoughts but they are much more manageable.

I'm starting to get some great windows in month 8. Still have a ways to go, but I believe recovery is just right around the corner! :thumbsup:

Stay strong!

I had all that at 7minths.. Very normal in benzo withdrawal land. As terrible as it is, very common. Keep going, stay strong. X

Thanks MissMoo, what a fight is this.......

My skin also feels strange, and than mostly when i,am in my jeans, my lower legs feels like there is sandpaper on, or a burning sensation.....i also feel like i,am sweating like an idiot, but i,am not.....

al withdrawal?????

so done with it......but i guess everyone is.....

:smitten:

Sandra.

I was pretty much the same at month 7. I started citalopram at that time and it really helped with intrusive repetitive thoughts. I still have troubling thoughts but they are much more manageable.

I'm starting to get some great windows in month 8. Still have a ways to go, but I believe recovery is just right around the corner! :thumbsup:

Stay strong!

Hi!

I just got of of the citalopram, guess way to fast, 5 weeks later the restless legs started and turned in to pins and needles and burning skin.

'

Still happening now, i think i have a version of akathasia, this bal of energy inside that i can not seem to loose, like i have to fight or run, or punch something, urge to shout.....an inner feeling of restless.....i hate it so much.

Been thinking of going back to the citalopram, but i,am a bit scared of what ik wil do, been of for 4 months now......

sandra.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. I'm at six months off and my symptoms are on the mild side: some "brain buzz" and transient d/p and d/r, but nothing that is debilitating. Also, some low-level anxiety that never seems to go away.

I know that a lot of people are still hurting at seven months, so what you're dealing with is perfectly normal. The frustrating thing about benzo recovery is that it seems to progress at different paces for different people.

Please hang in there. You DO recover. And you WILL be OK. It just takes time, precious time.

Thanks......

Sandra.

Sandra I had those feelings terribly during my taper, so I totally know where you're coming from. I wish I had a magic answer to get rid of them for you. One thing I did which may have gotten rid of them for me was the use of CBT. I kept a notepad and pen with me at all times.

Every time I felt the need to run I wrote it down and then challenged my thoughts. So as an example:

AT (automatic thought). I'm in the office today and suddenly feel the urge to run and my legs feel like jelly which makes me afraid.

PT (positive though). I'm feeling anxious which is giving me this strange urge to run. What will running accomplish?  What if I don't run?  I know what this is. It's anxiety and it's not going to hurt me.  This sensation will pass. It always passes. I'm my safe place, I'm home. It's ok to relax now. I'm going to be ok.

You can't do it in your head though. You need to write it down. After writing this out every time you feel these urges you diminish the power of these sensations over you. Eventually they go away.

I hope that helps! :smitten:

Sandra I had those feelings terribly during my taper, so I totally know where you're coming from. I wish I had a magic answer to get rid of them for you. One thing I did which may have gotten rid of them for me was the use of CBT. I kept a notepad and pen with me at all times.

Every time I felt the need to run I wrote it down and then challenged my thoughts. So as an example:

AT (automatic thought). I'm in the office today and suddenly feel the urge to run and my legs feel like jelly which makes me afraid.

PT (positive though). I'm feeling anxious which is giving me this strange urge to run. What will running accomplish?  What if I don't run?  I know what this is. It's anxiety and it's not going to hurt me.  This sensation will pass. It always passes. I'm my safe place, I'm home. It's ok to relax now. I'm going to be ok.

You can't do it in your head though. You need to write it down. After writing this out every time you feel these urges you diminish the power of these sensations over you. Eventually they go away.

I hope that helps! :smitten:

I wil try that......

Did you also have these strange skin sensations.....mostly in your legs.....

And this hot sweaty feeling....pffftttt

I also still clench my jaw, and i have this strange muscle pain in my upperlegs( not really good english)

Sorry for al the quistions........

Sandra.

Sandra:

Please don't feel compelled to apologize for "all the questions." That's what BB is here for. If no one asked questions, this would be a pretty boring site to visit, eh?

So, ask away. That's what it's all about.

Best wishes,

Tex

Hello Sandra

I don't get the skin sensation but I too clench my jaw. I now wear a mouth guard at night to protect my teeth. I have wicked tension in my legs and lower back. My Achilles tendons tend to swell too.

I take hot baths in Epsom salts to help with the tension, and do a lot of stretches.

Sandra,

I just had a thought since my last post. I started taking magnesium about a month ago to help with my aches, based on what I read here on BB and other places on the internet.

My aches are much less now and it may be just due to time passing, or the magnesium could be helping. I take 250 mg of Webber Naturals magnesium. The recommended dose is 500-600 mg.

I'm not a doctor, but maybe that is helping me too. I don't get any side effects from the magnesium.

AAAAAHHH That angry phase!!! Know it well …Was at your stage around the 6mo. mark and it lasted for a period of time. I see it posted a lot after jumping. My thoughts are that it is a phase the brain goes through when healing. It does pass, and another healing phase will begin. I would go into the closet and scream into a pillow to release it!! Like a pressure cooker releasing steam. It got the anger on the outside. Try and stay the course knowing this to will pass!!

Jude :smitten:

Thank you al so much.....

You guys are my life line every time.....

I started google ssri withdrawal, burning skin and pins and needles.....it,s al there.

It started after 5 weeks of the citalopram, so what else can it be....

I taperd both, the benzo and ssri in a really short time......

So i guess it,s wd from both!

Yhee....lucky me...

Sandra.

Hi Sandra-

My husband has the pins $ needles, tingles too-you are not alone.

Thank you....

Hope he starts to feel better soon, it,s al so sad, isn,t it?

Sandra.