Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Help! My head hurts so bad!

[Sn...]

Hi to all,

e.

Today  my head hurts so bad.  I am just sitting here crying like a baby.  I am so tired of this pain.  How are we suppose to keep on going on like this?  Sorry to be complaining.  No one here around me understands and I think they are getting sick of  me.

Any help to relieve benzo headache is greatly appreciated.  I truly hope all of you are feeling a lot better than this today!!!

Peace and Blessings

Snufi

I had the same chemical pain..it felt as though my head was in a grinder. My face was hurting and I did not know how to make it stop. Eventually, I took a Benadryl to knock me out. The intensity did not last long and it went away within a few days. I felt better afterwards, it is a sign of healing and I had that symptom close to 3 months off. Sometimes my head still has shooting pains, inside my ear hurts, but nothing like it did during that period. I used to say I felt like I was shot in the head, because I could feel that I was broken, my head would slightly shake, trembling slightly. It is from a damaged nervous system and it will get stronger with time. As much as I hate the word "time" now, it is the only thing that will get us out of this pain. 

Snufi: Is this migraine? There are meds. Maybe Exedrin migraine or some other fairly safe OTC migraine analgesic?  Even Dr. Ashton said that routine analgesics when necessary could be taken. I hate seeing anyone suffer like this.

Hi..... I had those headaches!  I'm at 5.5 months out, but I would say that closer to 3 months out is when I had them.  They weren't just your ordinary headaches. My last really bad one was at about 4.5 months. Mine started with pain the  back of my head and down my neck.  I used a massage machine on the back of my neck for about ten minutes and then took a nice hot shower.....amazingly it helped!  I still get headaches but not as bad as those few months!  Hope that helps you out!  I'm so sorry your dealing with this!

grannyfed

New Moon, The headache is tension, not migraine.  It feels like some one is trying to squeeze my brains out.  Horrible pressure.  Over the counter meds don't even touch it.  Sur ehope it passes soon.

Thanx

Snufi