Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tingling pressure!

[bm...]

Hey guys, I have been off of klonopin now for 23 months and off if alcohol for 1 month. I have horrible tingling pressure behind my eyes, in that back of my neck and in my temple muscles. Is this a normal w/d symptom?

Looking at your signature, you had very similar symptoms very early on after your c/t. You say you just quit alcohol? Similar receptors are now repairing/resetting the same way as when you first came off benzos. So, IMO,  it isn't that you are 'this far out', it is that you just quit ETOH and that a similar symptom pattern has emerged as you heal. This too shall pass...how long...possibly even quicker than the first time this happened to you.

Hope you're feeling better asap. Take special care.

IMO...because you have already displayed his symptom complex before in relation to quitting benzos, and because the CNS is still very sensitive even a few years after jumping,  any alcohol for some people is quite likely to re-ignite the original benzo w/d symptoms. It might be best just to avoid alcohol altogether for a while yet. It is not unusual for people to get waves even farther out than this  after exposure to ETOH or any other med that they are sensitive to. Hopefully this wave will be short-lived (in all probability it will be). Your nervous system is trying to tell you that it is still sensitive.

So right now my worst symptom is temple muscle tingling/pressure, back of the neck muscles tingling/pressure and behind the eyes tingling/pressure.  This is 24/7 and doesn't seem to be going away. Is this normal?

Can't say I have had tingling back there but a couple weeks back for about a week all my neck muscles were banjo tight, they were so tight it hurt to move my neck side to side.

This tingling pressure is 24/7 and it's concentrated behind the eyes, sides of the head and back musscles along the sides of the back of the neck.

I'm so achy, shaky, weak, exhausted. The back of my neck is burning I feel like I am dying. My symptoms are the same every day. I want to give up, I don't think I can fight this anymore!