Day 3 of w/d. As expected , insomnia, but BURNING FEET?!?

[Bi...]

These windows are wavy... Mornings are tough... Afternoons are better, I have some mental clarity with the occasional blip every couple of minutes... It gives me hope shit will straighten out...

My feet don't burn maybe briefly here and there....

My right arm and hand feel weak but less so than yesterday.....

The anxiety comes and goes, but my mood is good, I am pretty functional.... Still don't feel like working out

I hate xanax...I feel like if anyone knew what the side effects are like, they'd never prescribe it. I don't do drugs but I'd rather smoke pot if given the choice again.

It's not all about me, my hell seems minor compared to the torment I see some people living in...  I wish for all to be well and try to be as strong as you can.... It feels like I'm about 25% of the way up the mountain, ill be here to help anyone who needs me.

I'm telling everyone.... 90% of this b.s. is this medicine it's a painful sacrifice but you'll see light... Things will improve, the sun will shine, you'll want to sing again one day, you'll want to see your old friends.... You are human, and you are better and stronger than a stupid pill.

If you fake it long enough, it will become your reality eventually once your brain adapts back to being unmedicated

This is a wonderful post BigQuiter, I can tell what a caring person you are.  I think your going to make it through this battle just fine.

Sending you a Big Hug,

Molly :smitten:

Molly... How is your w/d going? Are you feeling well? Did cortisol rushes make u feel burning? Or not tired? What have you done since you stopped benzos to alleviate your symptoms?

I'm actually feeling great.  Not 100% yet but I'm very happy with my progress. 

I had burning skin for a couple months after my c/t but nothing recent.  I have read of a lot of people having the burning feet though, it seems to be quit common.

The cortisol rushes were more of a burning sensation on the inside, like a hot flash and a instant state of panic.  Those are gone too.

The main thing I've tried to do to alleviate my symptoms is simplify my life and put my health as a top priority.  One of my main problems is I was a worrier, so I'm really working on that.

I also take Magnesium and a little Vitamin C. 

Your doing really well and I hope things move along for you quickly.

Molly :smitten:

It's not a competition , but if it were, I'd be at the top for being a worrier. I'm so glad for you! You have your life in the at least 'tolerable' zone or better.... And that's what all people deserve.

I'm gonna take some vitamins besides my multi, but I don't know anything about the good ones for w/d. I'm prepared for anything, but hoping for the best.

So far I've been fairly lucky... I know I'm not back to "me" yet, but I'm in a place where I can exist peacefully until I break out of this cocoon fully!  8)

Wishing you further luck and successes, my friend!

Well, considering, it's 1:30 am my time, I'm unhappily awake.

Big Q, I had the weirdest burning pain in my toe a few times after cold turkey. It was agonizing! But it did go away, in fact it never returned. I'd read among these posts that some people have gotten gout like symptoms and then it goes. That's pretty much what happened to me around 4wks post c/t.

I guess I'm coming up on 9 months. Here's what's the worst. My memory and cognitive functions. Which leads to complete frustration and lack of patience, not any easy task for a mother of three children!

Oddly, I told myself that I would take the time to heal. But I lost my job when this whole thing quit and subsequently started not one, but two businesses. One was a summer seasonal, so that's over, but the other is still going. I teach a fitness class once a day, and thank God for that!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this (big side affect) but you seem really nice, and put together. I think it's important for me to read posts by others whom don't really take any other meds ( but would smoke pot, agreed too btw)

Anyway, I too am still functional, but look forward to a day where I don't forget my thought halfway through a sentence, remember what I ate the day before and not feel quite so depressed. I have good days, but honestly, my brain is so scattered, I can't tell one feeling from the next.

I guess I've just hunkered down waiting for the storm to pass, but I do think the worst part for me and most is that none of us are really sure what's a symptom and what's not. If we all just knew what and how long, we'd all just weather the storm and get on with it. Instead, it's this big mystery. I will NEVER touch another Rx again!

I hope this message find you and all with your chins up, and filled with hope for a brighter day:-)

Tweak

Well, considering, it's 1:30 am my time, I'm unhappily awake.

Big Q, I had the weirdest burning pain in my toe a few times after cold turkey. It was agonizing! But it did go away, in fact it never returned. I'd read among these posts that some people have gotten gout like symptoms and then it goes. That's pretty much what happened to me around 4wks post c/t.

I guess I'm coming up on 9 months. Here's what's the worst. My memory and cognitive functions. Which leads to complete frustration and lack of patience, not any easy task for a mother of three children!

Oddly, I told myself that I would take the time to heal. But I lost my job when this whole thing quit and subsequently started not one, but two businesses. One was a summer seasonal, so that's over, but the other is still going. I teach a fitness class once a day, and thank God for that!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this (big side affect) but you seem really nice, and put together. I think it's important for me to read posts by others whom don't really take any other meds ( but would smoke pot, agreed too btw)

Anyway, I too am still functional, but look forward to a day where I don't forget my thought halfway through a sentence, remember what I ate the day before and not feel quite so depressed. I have good days, but honestly, my brain is so scattered, I can't tell one feeling from the next.

I guess I've just hunkered down waiting for the storm to pass, but I do think the worst part for me and most is that none of us are really sure what's a symptom and what's not. If we all just knew what and how long, we'd all just weather the storm and get on with it. Instead, it's this big mystery. I will NEVER touch another Rx again!

I hope this message find you and all with your chins up, and filled with hope for a brighter day:-)

Tweak

Im at work so ill respond fully later... thanks for the message! Hope ur day is great!

Have u tried the ginkgo biloba regiment?