Took last dose two nights ago and last night had sweats

Howdy all, I took my last dose two nights ago and last night had sweats in the middle of the night. Not a big deal, just wondered if this could be from my last dose. I hadnt had night sweats once when I was tapering.

I was wondering how long it takes your body to get rid of all the klonopin after quitting.

By the way, I feel real good today. Feel normal. Just some ringing in my ears, however, Ive gotten used to that.

Love,

Michael

HI, Michael.

Feels good not to have to think about that little pill anymore, isn't it?

You may well continue to get some symptoms for several weeks or even sporadically for months.  I guess it's part of the GABA receptors "resetting" at different rates all over your body.  If it helps any, here's what Prof. Ashton had to say about how long benzos stay in the body:

How long do benzodiazepines stay in the body after withdrawal? This question is often asked by people with long-term symptoms. Is it possible that one cause of protracted symptoms is that benzodiazepines remain in the body even after months, lurking perhaps deep in such tissues as brain and bones? Could slow elimination from these sites keep the withdrawal symptoms going?

Like many other issues concerning benzodiazepines, the answers to these questions are still unclear. Benzodiazepine concentrations in the blood have been measured and shown to reach undetectable levels in 3-4 weeks after cessation of use in people withdrawn from clinical doses. Information on benzodiazepine concentrations in the brain and other tissues is difficult to obtain, especially in humans. Benzodiazepines certainly enter the brain and also dissolve in all fatty (lipid-containing) tissues including fat deposits all over the body. It is possible that they linger in such tissues for some time after blood levels have become undetectable. However, most body tissues are in equilibrium with the blood that constantly perfuses them, and there is no known mechanism whereby benzodiazepines could be "locked up" in tissues such as the brain. There is no data on how long benzodiazepines remain in bones, which have a lower fat content but also a slower rate of cell turnover.

Nevertheless, the concentration of benzodiazepines remaining in body tissues after withdrawal must be very low, otherwise the drugs would leak back into the blood in discernible amounts. It is difficult to imagine that such concentrations would be sufficient to produce clinical effects or that any direct effects could last for months or years.

Hi Michael!

I always hear people having chills but I would wake up pouring sweat! I have a couple times lately too. A little uncomfy but if that's the worse you get  that's awesome!

Amanda  :smitten:

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on being benzo free!  :yippee:  As for the night sweats, isn't it amazing how many symptoms there are?  Talk about a versatile drug, it's prescribed to treat a myriad of disorders from epilepsy, stomach issues, bipolar, anxiety of course and who knows maybe hangnails?  Anyway, I guess because it's the miracle drug that it is, we shouldn't be surprised when the tolerance and withdrawal symptoms have the same wide range. 

I hope you just keep feeling better and better! 

Pam