Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

How are you Forty? I’m sick with the flu, sore throat stuffed up, coughing like crazy. Just sick.

Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

That’s a bummer.

Gargle with warm port, loads of fluids and cyber good wishes from us at BB

I am ok ty for asking

Forty

I have been under attack from restless leg every night. I had started taking the remeron late at night, to avoid it. But I would get caught up in it laying awake. So I started taking it in the early evening a few nights ago. I still had RL somewhat 9 hours later.

The drug has gone paradoxical for me. If I don't take it I'm going to have trouble sleeping too.

Jackie..3 yrs 4 mo off klon..3 yrs on remeron

Saw oriental dr of med at an integrative clinic in FL. Said my neuroendocrine system is off. Ovarian failure and low hormones. Wants me to do small natural progesterone and adaptagens for my hpa.

Interesting Kris, are you going to take the progesterone and adaptagens? I’ve taken bio Progesterone before but haven’t dabbled to much with Chinese medicine. Not really at all but I have one good friend who had Pancreatic cancer many years ago and started taking many herbs among other things and has done marvelously. She’s been cancer free for 7 years now. She only had surgery, no chemo or radiation. She loves Chinese medicine.

Hi drad dog, sorry you are struggling still. I wish you could catch a break. Do your legs just jerk around? You just need to slowly taper and get off from it.

As for me I’m about 20 days into this last cut and last night I slept 4 1/2 hours. Anxiety, depression, nausea, head fog and diarrhea. I hate feeling this way and knowing I have a long way to taper. 5% a month. Some nights I sleep 6 hours. My next cut will be .030 grams on June 1. I’m slowly doing this.

I am really trying to get some advice.

I was put on remeron three years ago to help taper my benzo. I needed it for sleep and for nausea. I have given up on my benzo taper--it is a long story, I tried but just was so sick and then my son became and has been very ill for the last 9 months, I cannot taper my K now so have updosed and am holding. No immediate plans to taper the Klonopin. But I would really like to get rid of the remeron. It no longer helps with sleep and I don't think it is helping with anything. But my life stress is so immense with my son's illness that I am terrified to try to taper. And also scarred by my very long and difficult attempt to taper my benzo.

I previously tapered lexapro with very mild symptoms (depression heightened, lots of crying but beyond that no big deal) and I cold turkeyed ambien after years of use with absolutely no issue except rebound insomnia. I used benadryl to sleep then instead and honestly had no idea the ambien had any withdrawal associated with it until I found this forum.

So, for those of you who are tapering or have tapered remeron, do you think it is wise to start a taper now? I am afraid of becoming completely destablized. Or will slow and steady keep the symptoms manageable? I really want off but again, just scared. I am using medical marijuana and have been for about a year and that is helping with the sleep/nausea that remeron no longer helps with. Thanks for any thoughts.

So, for those of you who are tapering or have tapered remeron, do you think it is wise to start a taper now? I am afraid of becoming completely destablized. Or will slow and steady keep the symptoms manageable? I really want off but again, just scared. I am using medical marijuana and have been for about a year and that is helping with the sleep/nausea that remeron no longer helps with. Thanks for any thoughts.

I have flirted with tapering Remeron but haven't been able to yet, it's important to remember that even if you feel like it's not working chances are that it is and you've just gotten used to not feeling as bad as you were before; that's the most common situation with AD. It's also very important to remember that each person processes drugs differently, I tried mixing plain CBD and Remeron and it revved me up like crazy.

I would strongly suggest going to the Psychiatrist with the best reviews you can find around you, if you can afford it, and follow their advice; just be mindful to keep your combined dose amount as small as possible, that includes canabs.. Since you are in such a emotionally hard situation and can't come off the drugs, have a professional manage them, that will give you the best odds,

Best of luck  :smitten:

Hi all

Hi Jackie

Well am off the Seroquel now 5 weeks.

BUT I can’t keep awake. I know it’s the mirtazipine (and Diaz 15 now and pregab125)

I was gonna cut the diazepam but am going for mirtazipine taper.

I have some liquid but I think biting a bit off the tab is just ok —-it was last time.

Please tell me if mirtazipine gives you jelly legs?  It says in the leaflet not to be used with benzos, wish my psych had known that.

Ugg

Dick @)))Forty

I have flirted with tapering Remeron but haven't been able to yet, it's important to remember that even if you feel like it's not working chances are that it is and you've just gotten used to not feeling as bad as you were before; that's the most common situation with AD. It's also very important to remember that each person processes drugs differently, I tried mixing plain CBD and Remeron and it revved me up like crazy.

I would strongly suggest going to the Psychiatrist with the best reviews you can find around you, if you can afford it, and follow their advice; just be mindful to keep your combined dose amount as small as possible, that includes canabs.. Since you are in such a emotionally hard situation and can't come off the drugs, have a professional manage them, that will give you the best odds,

Best of luck  :smitten:

Thanks. Lots to think about it. My psychiatrist, who is good, actually recommends more medication not less. Yikes.

I’ve been gone for awhile so I hope there are some peeps still on here. I dropped last night down to 0.030grams. Another 12 months to go, geez! I hate thinking of it like this but too scared to go any faster then 5% a month. I’ve been sick with a terrible cough but At least the weather is beautiful in Iowa. How is everyone else doing? I would love to hear from others tapering this crazy drug.

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

I can’t do your maths Jackie but I went 15mg to 12,12,12 and am regretting it.  A few on here came of in 3 weeks from 15.".. lucky things

Dickie

Good luck

D

I started at 3.75mg I’m at 3 now. I’m just counting grams instead. Not even sure why but I’ll keep doing it.

:smitten: :smitten:

Jackie you are absolutely doing the right thing in super slow tapering . I'm sorry that you have been sick . It makes everything worse. I'm having sleep issues again but we are going through the stress of selling the house her in Northern Calif. and finding a new home in Portland.  Hopefully when that's done I will be back to normal or what passes for normal in our exclusive little world .  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Brave, thank you for the support. Sorry about your sleep issues I’m sure they will resolve after the move. That’s very stressful, packing, planning trying to remember everything that needs done. Why are you moving if I can ask? I lived in Portland when I was a kid and my niece and her family live there now. I’m sure you’ll love it.

We have been thinking about the move to Portland for several years , but the Carr fire last year really put on the pressure . We were very lucky that the house did not burn down but we were evacuated and the clean up took weeks . Also the summers are incredibly hot here . We average 110 f most days and the misery is really hard on my husband who hates heat . We both love Portland and it will be good to be able to get good medical care again . Our small town has nothing . I can't find a new primary and I fired the last travesty of a Dr who was responsible for my benzo disaster.  Let's face it if you are looking for distraction moving house is the ultimate  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

I was at about 20 months jump from benzo and 9 months jump from remeron . I can only thank G-D that I was not in acute . I reallllllly missed having a nice glass of merlot at that time .

I’m glad all that is behind you Brave. Oregon will be great! Hope you find the perfect home there. I’ll be waiting to hear all about it. It really sounds very exciting. I’ve lived in the same house for 34 years. Change has always been hard for me but I’m trying to change that, lol, no pun intended. Anyway best wishes to you.

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

Brave,

wow you are to move.  Wish I had done so years ago-- if I had known how sick I'd be I would.  Stuck in So CA...

I am very very sick, but if ever improve wonder is Portland good for single older person?  Or elsewhere in Oregon?  Prefer cold to hot weather for sure.

OK, thought I'd ask this about mirtaz.

I was tapering clonopin uneventfully not even knowing to weigh dosages.  Got down to like about half of a half mg (or less).  Was depressed (parents died or i suppose could have been clon withdrawal, tho i didn't know anything about it), dr rx mirtaz 3.7 or whatever.. took or 4 weeks, then 7. whatever for 2===  hrrendous symptoms like ocular migraine or hallucination, felt brain shivering, headache, vision probs, bouncy feeling.  Took mirtaz total of 6 wks.

Also took Zpak antibiotic about this time, too.

Anyhow, halved the 7 mg mirtaz 5 days, could not stand being on it... stopped.  ACUTE.  Horrible.

(intermission... pause... sorry this long)

Drs said mirtaz could not do that.  So, Wenet into large FB benzo group where got more bad advice.  Was told to taper off clonto valium

So did and that was 1.5 years ago and i am onlly worse-- health falling apart.  Tried to go back to clon rom valium now on both.  Mirtaz long gone.

Anyhow... could ths all be mirtaz, my suffering--  or benzo now?  worst symptoms are vibrating/INISOMNIA/phobia driving/fatigue/depression/panic/  bunch of physical stuff.  Bunch of hair just fell out, pretty bald in front.

Thanks! 

oh my sig not up to date i at <2 mg val; about .088 clon,  maybe 8 ambien.

Barbara

My heart goes out to you.

So much disruption and medicaments effecting your life.

Are you coping with the basics of life?

Is someone keeping an eye on you? A helpful doc?

I think remeron is an interesting drug. I like the antihistamine effect but the serotonin effect makes me so tense in the day I have been cheating on my Diazepam occasionally.

Nothing seems straight forward.

I hope today is a better day for you. 

Dickie

No, nobody is checking on me.  Which is why Baylissa kinda said she was not so sure I could get off these things.

No, nobody is checking on me.  Which is why Baylissa kinda said she was not so sure I could get off these things.

We will check on you! How are you doing today?