Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

I would say about I mg, and then I would take it every other night for a couple of weeks. The slower taper the better with this S.O.B. drug.

I would say about I mg, and then I would take it every other night for a couple of weeks. The slower taper the better with this S.O.B. drug.

Hi, thanks for responding back back. You meant 1 mg ?

Did you jumped of 1 mg or it was higher?

Love and healing to you

Vica

I jumped at 3.5 mg of remeron . I should definitely have tapered down to 1 mg before jumping.

The first few nights after the jump were not so bad, just a lot of waking up. True withdrawal set in at about a week. After a month it's still challenging. I have restless legs and nerve pain in my forearms and legs most nights.

Rocko (or anyone else), can I ask a question since am not in surviving antidepressants?

I was only on mirtaz for 6 weeks... low dose (see sig... 3.75 then 7.5).  Sick on it and off... I jumped, really.

HORRID terrifyingly sick.  That was almost a year ago.

I did not know about withdrawal from it and someone in FB group talked me into hurrying my until then uneventful taper off klon.  I should have held.  Anyhow, basically am nonfunctional much of the time now on .06 klon and about 4 valium.  No remeron.

If I take lyrica I do better.  If I take ambien, I sleep.

I take occasionally but just afraid to make too much of a muddle of things.

Any ideas?

I am alone, have to muddle thru alone, and it has been almost a year and still on benzos.  I *assume* mirtaz is out of my system by now.  Can't believe 6 weeks could do that......scary.

thanks.

I jumped at 3.5 mg of remeron . I should definitely have tapered down to 1 mg before jumping.

The first few nights after the jump were not so bad, just a lot of waking up. True withdrawal set in at about a week. After a month it's still challenging. I have restless legs and nerve pain in my forearms and legs most nights.

Hi brave, Do you get headaches? My worst symptoms is burning squeezing head and scalp. I do have nerve pain too in my left arm and legs.

I hope you going to get better soon

Love and healing to you

Vica

Hi Vica. I don't get headaches so much , but I do get periods of really bad depression. It comes and goes and I am convinced that it is all chemical and part of the remeron withdrawal. My stomach is still messed up and I still have benzo belly . I think that I am still in recovery from the benzos. It's been 12 months since my jump. At this point it's hard to separate the benzo and remeron side effects.

Good healing to you too. We can do this. Just remember that are bodies are healing every day. We may not feel this always , but it is happening.

Hello everyone,

I've been taking Klonopin for 27 years. From May 2016 to October 2017 I reduced Klonopin. Now I'm without Klonopin.

Please help and advice, I take Remeron 30 mg for the night. I have been using Remeron for 11 years. I would also like to reduce Remeron, but the state has stopped Remeron importing and only two Remeron Soltab 30 mg boxes left. I had planned to make capsules in my pharmacy - a drop of 0.1 mg of Remeron in one capsule. With this dose I would reduce Remeron for 10 months.

Since Remeron is not being taken to us, the doctor prescribed Mirtazapin - I do not sleep. I asked through the insurance company and through the doctors to let Remeron bring me in. I would pay for it myself. Despite this, the insurance company does not allow Remeron to import. I have a plea, and please do not be afraid, I'm looking for Remeron, and I ask in various places whether Remeron would sell me. I really do not care about its overuse, I need Remeron to reduce it. I'm from Europe and I would pay Remeron and postage.

I apologize for my boldness.

Margarita-

Hello Vica,

thank you for answer.

Yes Remeron and Mirtazapine have the same active ingredient mirtazapine. Mirtazapine has many manufacturers. At our pharmacy, Mirtazapin offers four manufacturers. I tried everybody. I do not know why, but with Mirtazapin I have very little sleep. The doctor told me that my body reacts negatively to change.

Margarita

The odd thing about remeron is that it only helps with sleep at a lower dose. 15mg - 30mg the usual dose for depression will ramp up the C.N.S. and this is probably why it is not working for your sleep. Try 7. 5 mg at night.

Hello brave rabbit,

Thank you very much for your answer. I always had a good sleep. Remeron was prescribed to reduce - to remove Klonopin. When I began to reduce Klonopin, I had little sleep. The doctor ordered Remeron to have a good sleep and at the same time I could reduce Klonopin. Unfortunately, Remeron also became addicted. Now I want to reduce Remeron. Our state stopped importing Remeron and I have few Remeron tablets.

The doctor prescribed Mirtazapin. There are four Mirtazapin brands in our country. The active substance in all, including Remeron, is mirtazapine. There are also auxiliary and release substances. These are different for all four Mirtazapin. With Remeron, which has 12 excipients, Mirtazapine has a common auxiliary and release agent of up to five substances. Several times, over 10 years, I tried to take Mirtazapine, but my body did not adapt - I had little sleep while taking Mirtazapine, many nights without sleep, so I had to go back to Remeron. That's why I need Remeron to sleep and at the same time to begin to reduce Remeron. That's why I need to get somewhere and buy Remeron.

Margarita

I understand. Some people seem to be able to withdraw from remeron with no problems. They are lucky. I jumped from a low dose and it's been very difficult. I do get some sleep but withdrawal has brought a whole load of side effects.

Good luck ,and well done you for trying to get of the stuff.

Hello brave rabbit,

Yes, somebody is lucky to get out of dependence on Remeron quickly. I am the case when I have everything difficult. But I'm writing here to help me get-buy Remeron 30 mg at least 90 tablets. Thank you in advance and I hope someone will help me.

Margarita.

I've taken remeron for 2 nights. 1st night 15mg. I was useless the next day. 2nd night 7.5 and it worked.

But because I'm already dependent on Trazadone 90mg (doesn't work)

So I want to hold off on the Remeron until I can taper down trazadone. Am I dependent after 2 nights? Tonite I wanted to try unisom.

Thanks for any feedback

I think that two nights on remeron would not cause dependence.

Vica, if i were you I would take the low dose you are at every other night for ten days and then jump. That is what I should have done.

I think that two nights on remeron would not cause dependence.

Vica, if i were you I would take the low dose you are at every other night for ten days and then jump. That is what I should have done.

Thank you :smitten:

I'm not doing so well at the moment.Some really bad nights and quite a few waves. Today's wave is feeling very much like acute.

It does seem a bit endless. Having said that I have had some good days and it still feels good to be off everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a terrible way and don't know what to do

I was on Mirtazapine for 2 months, until I noticed I started getting some unpleasant side affects

I saw my doctor and he recommend I just stop taking the 15mg Mirtazapine, have a break for a few days and then try and move onto a different AD called Sertraline.  So I did as he requested.  I had a few days of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms (terrible insomnia being the biggest) and then started with the new AD but found that I could not stomach it so I stopped taking it after a couple of days.

I've noticed that I have now got what I think is restless leg syndrome, and also I have a jerky body (possibly a hypnic jerk or periodic limb movement when resting or at sleep onset) for the past 6 weeks since stopping.  It's been so bad that I am not able to sleep and I am off work sick

I saw the doctor again and he has now put me on Clonazapem to deal with the jerking, and this has somewhat been mildly effective and helped me to sleep, but I am now on a drug that is even harder to get off :-(

I now know that I should have tappered before stopping , but I wasn't the wiser at the time, and just did what the doctor said.

I am so worried that I have irreparable damage to my brain, the jerking and RLS will be permanent, and I will never get back to a normal life again

Wish I could provide you with some direction on what to do, but I'm afraid I would just be guessing. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you had to stop Remeron so quickly?

I do know that the RLS is associated with w/d of Remeron. Its also a start up side effect. Also I DO KNOW that this is temporary. You certainly have not done irreparable damage so try not to worry about that. I would say the Klon is going in the wrong direction to get this mess fixed. Looks like you have figured that out quickly and you should be out of this soon.

Hi Purity. I think that you and I have the same floaty boaty remeron withdrawal problem . You can look at my recent posts to get an idea of my withdrawal history .You will see that sadly we are facing the same issues. The big ones being the R.L.S and insomnia , and the fear that we have screwed everything up by getting off the remeron.

Take a deep breath with me and let's kick in with our rational minds. First , recovery will happen . Sooner or later , it will happen. However,  I do think that we have to be realistic in facing that the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms may linger on for a b it. They are what they are and the only thing we can do is to accept this and cope as best we can. It's all part of the craziness.

We can do this. Believe, Believe. Believe.  :thumbsup:

Wish I could provide you with some direction on what to do, but I'm afraid I would just be guessing. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you had to stop Remeron so quickly?

I do know that the RLS is associated with w/d of Remeron. Its also a start up side effect. Also I DO KNOW that this is temporary. You certainly have not done irreparable damage so try not to worry about that. I would say the Klon is going in the wrong direction to get this mess fixed. Looks like you have figured that out quickly and you should be out of this soon.

Thanks for the reply. 

I didn't necessarily need to stop the Remeron so quickly.  It was what the doctor told me to do.  I went to see him as I had run out of tablets, and said I was getting some side effects - nothing that could have waited.  At that point he suggested I try a different AD and swap to Sertraline.  Had he said it would have been safer to taper and then swap I would have done that, but I wasn't clued up on this at that point as I am now

A couple of days of Sertraline use and it was causing me a lot of gastro issues, and I wanted to stop.

I went back to see him again, and he did ask if I wanted to go back onto Mirt, but because I'd already gone through a few days of fairly bad withdrawals I didn't want to do it again, so I said I'd rather not if at all possible - again I didn' know about tapering.  I would have reinstated and tapered had I known better

So I accept that it is partially my fault that I'm in this situation now, but I also feel like I've been getting some bad advice

The only reason I am on Klon is because the jerking I am having is stopping me from sleeping.  It seems to be a necessary evil at the moment.  I don't want to take it but I would be in a bad way with major sleep deprivation if I didn't